FM13: AFC Ajax - No club for old men

Wendsill

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boccara turned out great, but as he wasn't HG I let him go.

I just won my second straight CL, this time a dominating 1-0 win over Barca. Held them to one shot! I failed to win the Copa America with Argentina, and couldn't adopt a proper tactic. I used the one that I used with USA and with Ajax, but it failed miserably. Changing to a more orthodox 4-2-3-1 and we'll see how it turns out.

Decided to break my own wage cap (finally) of 25k p/w and gave out a few renewals. Now 3 players (who I normally would've sold) are on 60k p/w. My amazing MR, I have to renew this year, unless I get a 50m offer. I sold my star shadow strker for 50m + 50% next sale to United, he picked up a 6 week injury while scoring a hat trick for Netherlands. I plan to let his partner go the following year, we'll see. he's amazing but I like moving players no. My current goal is an all home grown at club team, to win the CL.

I've just managed to successfully defend the UCL:

2zr12dw.jpg

2uigep0.jpg

Beating PSV in the semi-finals:

2z9cpx3.jpg

5czxap.jpg

I won everything bar the Dutch Cup this season; Club World Championship, European Super Cup, Eredivisie and the Dutch Super Cup.

Illan Boccara broke his ankle not long after I posted that screenshot of him and was subsequently ruled out for three months. This is the first season where I haven't really used him much at all (only made 14 appearances):

4l0mxv.jpg

But he still looks decent enough to use.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a lot of money, but are you likely to be able to replace him with someone better with the money you get? I think it's unlikely, so I'd keep him.

I think I am gonna reject it. Because I have fischer who is gonna take his place but not now.

And nobody better than him is gonna join me.

• 1 month later...

I started an Ajax game, on the back of Cleon's fantastic thread in the Tactics forum. After a poor pre-season (lost to both Wolves and Hull), I can't say was expecting too much for the season, but I've made it to November, and the side is playing fantastic now! We're comfortably top of the league, and have only dropped points against Steve McClaren's Twente. (We've turned over PSV (in the league, and the Super Cup) and Feyenoord.

Our only other loss was against the Galacticos; Real Madrid, in the Group Stage of the Champion's League. While it was only a narrow 2-1 loss, we were quite comfortably dispatched by Ronaldo and Co. We are, however, still second in our group. We've turned over Partizan (2-0) and Dynamo Kiev (7-0!!!)

Signings

I made one legitimate signing for the first team. Norwegian behemoth Stefan Strandberg was added to our ranks for a cool 975k. He's formed a highly effective partnership with Alderweirleld; they're on each other's favorite personnel, and to be honest, they could make a case for one of the best defensive pairings in Europe (outside of your super-clubs). Strandberg has proved a dangerous threat from set-plays aswell; 6 goals in 11 games (including 4 against AZ) is not to be sniffed at!

The rest of my signings were signed for tutoring purposes. I've gone for players with high determination, and Resolute/Professional Personalities.

- Benjani

- Van der Heyden

- Cristiano Zanetti

- Claudio Rivalta

- Jari Litamnen

I mention Litamnen last, as he's the only one i've used for the first team. I never expected a great deal from him, but he's been bloody excellent rotating with De Jong and Eriksen! Five goals and three assists against the lower teams in the division. I let him sit and play quarter-back, as everyone else runs riot. He's among the best tutors in the game, and as an Ajax legend, he's nailed on to form part of my future back room staff. I'm hoping he'll be interested in becoming my HoYD - As those hidden stat's will surely get the best of my youngsters!

I've agreed a deal to bring Iranian Captain Javad Nekounam on a free transfer in January. His resolute personality is ideal for tutoring, and he looks very useful as a first teamer aswell. Should hopefully provide a more possession-based alternative to my regular Destroyer; Poulsen.

Thought I would post my progress on my Ajax save. I'm playing my game with an update from July 6th 2013.

Season: 1

Was a big transitional season. Spent most of the season scouting and assessing players. After a shaky start in the league, my players got used to the formation (4-1-2-2-1) and we ended up winning the league with 2 games to spare. Won the cup and got put out of last 16 of Champs League by Chelsea.

Notable Transfers In:

http://postimg.org/image/kav6mlubf/

All my signings were top class. De Sciglio and Douglas were brilliant.

Notable Transfers out:

http://postimg.org/image/m69p8ougl/

Pretty happy about that business. Gave me the monies I needed to get Strootman and Douglas.

Season: 2

I am currently midway through January. Top in the league, still in the cup and just come through a group that included AC Milan and Man Utd. I have Celtic next up in last 16. Cannot wait. :D

Champions League Group

http://postimg.org/image/xe0wzrpdh/

Notable Transfers: In

http://postimg.org/image/6twzluq9n/

Javi Garcia has been different class for me so far.

Notable Transfers: out

http://postimg.org/image/m42ldaid3/

So I managed to get £70M between Sigthorsson and Strootman. Pretty happy with that. I still have £50M to spend but I will probably leave it.

http://postimg.org/image/jpx02furf/

Bloody hell, you've done some work in the transfer market! :D

Selling Alderweireld and De Jong though, they're two of my best players! :(

How did Strootman perform for you? I've been tempted to pick him up, but don't really want to pay that sort of money...

Bloody hell, you've done some work in the transfer market! :D

Selling Alderweireld and De Jong though, they're two of my best players! :(

How did Strootman perform for you? I've been tempted to pick him up, but don't really want to pay that sort of money...

Strootman was excellent mate. £5M + £15(over 48 months) was a bargain.

Nice! I think he'd probably break my wage structure if I went for him mind; trying to stay under £20,000 a week for each player. Makes the game quite interesting.

Was Douglas any good for you? I may be able to steal him on a Bosman at the end of the season. Not sure if it's worth breaking up the Strandberg/Alderweireld partnership that's serving me so well! (I'd likely move Strandberg to DM, to replace Poulsen long-term).

Nice! I think he'd probably break my wage structure if I went for him mind; trying to stay under £20,000 a week for each player. Makes the game quite interesting.

Was Douglas any good for you? I may be able to steal him on a Bosman at the end of the season. Not sure if it's worth breaking up the Strandberg/Alderweireld partnership that's serving me so well! (I'd likely move Strandberg to DM, to replace Poulsen long-term).

I got Douglas, and then BMI on frees I think in back to back seasons and ended up selling each for 15m plus in back to back seasons and brought in youth players to replace them.

I got Douglas, and then BMI on frees I think in back to back seasons and ended up selling each for 15m plus in back to back seasons and brought in youth players to replace them.

I signed Douglas previously, but BMI never impressed me with his physical (jumping really) stats for a central defender. I do like Dave Bulthuis at Utrecht though, he's a fantastic centre half to sign, costs about £2.5m in first season. I'd also recommend raiding Utrecht for Schepers (AML), Kali (DLP), Havekotte (GK) and Badjeck (AMR) too, all very impressive players when trained correctly.

How have you guys got on with managing Boccara and Sporkslade?

I signed Douglas previously, but BMI never impressed me with his physical (jumping really) stats for a central defender. I do like Dave Bulthuis at Utrecht though, he's a fantastic centre half to sign, costs about £2.5m in first season. I'd also recommend raiding Utrecht for Schepers (AML), Kali (DLP), Havekotte (GK) and Badjeck (AMR) too, all very impressive players when trained correctly.

How have you guys got on with managing Boccara and Sporkslade?

Boccara was a monster for me, but I let him go as he wasn't home grown. Probably got 15m or so.

Agreed to sign Douglas. 5 year deal right at the breaking point of my £25,000 a week wage target! Only Sulemanji is above that - I made the stupid move to renew his contract, thinking i'd get some decent money for him. Can't sell him!

Nekounam is well worth getting at the start (doesn't arrive 'til January) - He's added another dimension to my play. I have him tutoring Hoesen!

Tutoring's coming on well - Fischer, Denswil and Klaassen are all rocking Resolute personalities now!

• 2 weeks later...

Just starting my 2nd season now. Comfortably won the Eredivise last year, and narrowly lost out on a semi-final place in the Champion's League after suffering a narrow 5-4 loss (AET) to eventual winners Juventus, we were easily the better side, and a scrappy goal knocked us out!

I've loaned some of the younger stars from last year out. Such as Klaassen, Dijks, and Boccara. Two of which have resolute personalities, as I wanted. This should allow me to free up some squad places for emerging talent.

Current First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

1 - Kenneth Vermeer

22 - Mickey van der Hart

Defenders

2 - Ricardo van Rhijn

3 - Daley Blind

5 - Douglas Teixeira

6 - Stefan Strandberg

12 - Stefano Denswil

15 - Ruben Ligeon

25 - Joel Veltman

Youth

26 - Arie Hoekstra

Jerry van Well

Kenny Tete

Midfielders

4 - Toby Alderweireld

8 - Siem De Jong ©

10 - Christian Eriksen

16 - Lasse Schone

17 - Javad Nekounam

18 - Jari Litmanen

19 - Thulani Serero

20 - Christian Poulsen

23 - Fabian Sporkslede

Youth

27 - Branco van den Boomen

34 - Dejan Meleg

Forwards

7 - Viktor Fischer

9 - Kolbeinn Sigporsson

11 - Lucas Andersen

21 - Danny Hoesen

24 - Jody Lukoki

28 - Ricardo Kishna

29 - Sherry Kindo Kamara

I have a few more youths, but require tutoring before being used regularly in the first team. Probably will replace the current batch next season.

Interesting ... you play Alderweireld as DMC?

I'm in 2015 now and clinched another Eredivisie title 3 games before the end of the season.

Lukoki and Kishna didn't make it for the first team in my save. Lukoki couldn't get playing time next to Suleijmani and Hoesen. I loaned him out and he didn't develop in Roda despite getting regular first team football, plus his performances were poor too. Pace only is not enough and he's out of the team this Summer. Kishna is another lost talent, but in his case it's mostly injuries. Every time he got 2 months of full training and I saw some green arrows in training report, it was another injury and long period of sitting on bench.

Klaassen is not perhaps the worst player, but not good enough for me. I play single striker formation and he's no competition in this area, not a MC either. Despite he's still reported as 2,5* player, he'll be out too. Jupiler League first team or Eredivisie rotation is probably his level of football.

I got rid of Lasse Schöne too (couldn't get playing time after van den Boomen started to push through the ranks).

In my save Kenny Tete is already equal to Ligeon (I've sold van Rhijn to ManU) and I expect him to claim first team place to himself in next season.

Dijks is a curious case. After Boilesen recovered from his injury I had 3 players (Blind, Boilesen, Dijks) to DL spot and virtually no U-19 talent good enough coming through. So I couldn't decide between Boilesen and Dijks and now I'm trying to keep them both around. Dijks is now on 6 months loan at Freiburg and he's been training well and progressing there too. Meanwhile, Boilesen have picked it up and started to regain the promise and form he had before this injury, so I'm still having 1 player too many for that place on the pitch.

But Branco van den Boomen is probably the best youngster in my save for year 2015.

Eight Letter rule is a killer...

Interesting ... you play Alderweireld as DMC?

Trying it out! Brought in Douglas this season, and I figured that Alderweireld strikes a balance between Poulsen's destroyer game, and Nekounam's playmaking.

I'm in 2015 now and clinched another Eredivisie title 3 games before the end of the season.

Lukoki and Kishna didn't make it for the first team in my save. Lukoki couldn't get playing time next to Suleijmani and Hoesen. I loaned him out and he didn't develop in Roda despite getting regular first team football, plus his performances were poor too. Pace only is not enough and he's out of the team this Summer. Kishna is another lost talent, but in his case it's mostly injuries. Every time he got 2 months of full training and I saw some green arrows in training report, it was another injury and long period of sitting on bench.

Lukoki's pretty mediocre, but i'm hoping I can max-out his crossing and dribbling, and have him purely as a speed merchant off the bench. I think Kishna will be excellent, but developing his stats take time, as he isn't the most balanced player. Sulemanji's awful on this game, and he's Ajax's highest paid player. I got rid, and use Andersen as my first choice on the right. Hoesen's 2nd choice striker at the moment.

Klaassen is not perhaps the worst player, but not good enough for me. I play single striker formation and he's no competition in this area, not a MC either. Despite he's still reported as 2,5* player, he'll be out too. Jupiler League first team or Eredivisie rotation is probably his level of football.

I got rid of Lasse Schöne too (couldn't get playing time after van den Boomen started to push through the ranks).

I like Klaassen; he's near identical in playing style to De Jong. He'll likely replace Litmanen and possibly Serero in the first team when he gets back. People always sell Schone, but he's a really solid rotation player (5 goals and 10 assists in 20 games for me last year!)

In my save Kenny Tete is already equal to Ligeon (I've sold van Rhijn to ManU) and I expect him to claim first team place to himself in next season.

Tete hasn't quite developped for me yet, I saw minimal improvement from tutoring. He's starting to improve now, so I'm hoping he can fight it out with Ligeon for 2nd choice RB. Van Rhijn's great!

Dijks is a curious case. After Boilesen recovered from his injury I had 3 players (Blind, Boilesen, Dijks) to DL spot and virtually no U-19 talent good enough coming through. So I couldn't decide between Boilesen and Dijks and now I'm trying to keep them both around. Dijks is now on 6 months loan at Freiburg and he's been training well and progressing there too. Meanwhile, Boilesen have picked it up and started to regain the promise and form he had before this injury, so I'm still having 1 player too many for that place on the pitch.

I have an amazing (5 star) regen coming through at left back, Arie Hoekstra. So i'm unsure what to do at left back. I've loaned Boilesen to Hertha Berlin for the year, so I can get Denswil and Hoekstra games at DL, as understudy to Blind, who is phenomenal on this game.

But Branco van den Boomen is probably the best youngster in my save for year 2015.

Find any issues with his Agility? Its the one thing putting me off using him.

Suleijmani has ridiculous wage, and that's why he's off from my team in 2015 too. I have to admit, he has had some brilliant moments, though. His skill and flair make him dangerous enough in Eredivisie level. He and Hoesen are very different players. Suleijmani is quick with ball, technical, likes to dribble, but can't head the ball and has no shooting range. By stats Suleijmani should be good penalty taker, but in reality he missed too many, so I switched Sigdorsson my 1st option penalty man and he's scored 5 from 5 this season.

Hoesen is stronger than Suleijmani, gets stuck in; can win headers against fullbacks and can long shots attribute is 14. Not so brilliant with ball, but consistent and hard working. His strength is 17 and that comes handy when tackling or muscling his way through defense.

For me de Jong's replacement would be Andersen. And another young midfielder called Melvin Vissers have some promise too.

I know problems with van den Boomen's agility. It's stuck at 6 and isn't improved although I've assigned it has his extra training focus. But it doesn't affect his performances. Why I like him better than Boccara is his skills on the ball - against weaker sides it's important that DMC could pass ball around, not lose possession and find some openings here and there. He could be used as DLP, if needed. He has good long shots attribute and good jumping too.

Suleijmani has ridiculous wage, and that's why he's off from my team in 2015 too. I have to admit, he has had some brilliant moments, though. His skill and flair make him dangerous enough in Eredivisie level. He and Hoesen are very different players. Suleijmani is quick with ball, technical, likes to dribble, but can't head the ball and has no shooting range. By stats Suleijmani should be good penalty taker, but in reality he missed too many, so I switched Sigdorsson my 1st option penalty man and he's scored 5 from 5 this season.

Hoesen is stronger than Suleijmani, gets stuck in; can win headers against fullbacks and can long shots attribute is 14. Not so brilliant with ball, but consistent and hard working. His strength is 17 and that comes handy when tackling or muscling his way through defense.

For me de Jong's replacement would be Andersen. And another young midfielder called Melvin Vissers have some promise too.

I know problems with van den Boomen's agility. It's stuck at 6 and isn't improved although I've assigned it has his extra training focus. But it doesn't affect his performances. Why I like him better than Boccara is his skills on the ball - against weaker sides it's important that DMC could pass ball around, not lose possession and find some openings here and there. He could be used as DLP, if needed. He has good long shots attribute and good jumping too.

I let Suleijmani go at the end of his deal, no one wanted to sign him, even offering lower than his value to £4m. I sold Toby as well in season 1 for £15m to Arsenal, so I could focus on a partnership between V.D.Hoorn (Signed from Utrecht as per real life), Blind and Denswil as my back 3. Boccara was my DM with Sporkslade as his back up. V.D.Rhijn and Dijks as my defensive wingers with Boilesen and Ligeon as their back ups. Eriksen has been deployed as my DLP in central midfield with De Jong and Fischer as my AMs with Sig as my main striker.

I do play a 3-1-3-2-1 formation until I can lose the striker completely.

As for Van Den Boomen, I trained his agility for 2 seasons straight and he's about 10-11 now and progressed significantly as a DLP.

This is what he looks like

CE932BE9CDFE1F332A1B0372DFEC5D699A512B1A

I'll try to remember post my screenshot of van den Boomen. He's 19 in my save, but has 18 passing, 16 long shots, 16 creativity (IIRC), but only 6 agility :/

Recently he's been the only player I've assigned to take long shots often. He hasn't scored from distance yet, but has been quite accurate and forced some incredible saves from goalkeepers.

Finished 2014/2015 season.

Won Eredivisie. Fell out of Dutch Cup in 4th round against Vitesse. Came 3rd in CL group stage after ManU and AS Roma, and reached to Euro Cup semi finals, where we were knocked out by 4th injury minute penalty by SLB. Harsh.

I'm finally feeling that I have a squad that's capable of competing with most of the Europe. Perhaps 5-6 really big teams are out of our reach yet.

Made it to January, Season 2.

Comfortably top of the Eredivise. Undefeated, and 6 points clear of PSV. We've only conceded 3 goals in the league. :D

Came out on top of a very tough Champions League Group, consisting of Celtic, Schalke and Barcelona.

We have picked up a ton of Professional and Resolute tutors, I'm trying to establish a Professional squad personality, which seems to be working very well up to now.

Currently in the midst of scouting some quality regens, though my main target is Denys Garmash from Dynamo Kiev, who will come in as Litmanen's long term replacement. Looking likely that I will be able to poach him from under the nose of Man City and Utd!

If he signs, he'll join Douglas and Eriksen on the tip of my wage structure at £25,000 a week.

Glad I picked up Douglas, Alderweireld's making noises that he wants to leave, with Arsenal and Spurs sniffing around him.

He's been truely excellent at DM, so I need to look at alternatives. Could possibly move Strandberg to DM, he's as good a passer as Toby, which would open up a space for Denswil to get into the starting XI. My Regen, Jerry Van Well would then take the 4th Centre back slot.

I don't think Van Den Boomen's quite ready yet, but i'd like to get him some game time. It depends on whether Nekounam declines or not (He hasn't shown any signs of aging yet :))

12/13 proved to be a fairly successful season for me. Won the domestic treble (Super Cup, Eredivisie - with a record points tally of 92, no less - and the Dutch Cup), but only got to the first knockout round of the Champions League before losing to Barcelona 5-2 on aggregate (2-2, 0-3). Siem De Jong was the Fans' player of the year after bagging 21 league goals from AM, but my personal player of the year would have to be Mike van der Hoorn, who finished the season with an average rating of 7.71 in 33(5) matches in his début season.

The shortlist for the Eredivisie Young Player Of The Year made me chuckle...

2je4312.png

Alderweireld forced his way out at the end of the season however, saying that he wants to join a bigger club. It wasn't all doom and gloom thought, as his departure to Bayern for £18.75M paid for the transfers of Bram Nuytinck (£4.4M) - much in the same mould as Alderweireld - to take his place in the heart of defence, and Jordy Clasie (£12.75M) to add more depth to a quality midfield. My central midfield options are now Albin Ekdal, Nuri Sahin (loan), Jordy Clasie, Branco van den Boomen and Ilan Boccara, with Siem De Jong, Christian Eriksen, Leandro Paredes, Lucas Andersen and Victor Fischer fighting for the three attacking midfield spots (AML, AMC, AMCR). Danny Hoesen is really impressing having been given the chance to, with 4 goals in 4 starts in the central striker position.

We're on a roll in the opening stages of the season, with 11 straight victories in the Eredivise and Champions League. Hopefully we can keep this up!

Nuytinck is a good find, I've never noticed him before :thup:. How is Denswil progressing? He's very much in that mould aswell!

I like your signing of Clasie, he's very versatile! I tried to poach him on a bosman, but he didn't want to join me. Feyernoord fan and all.

Toying with streamlining my squads, so I have a smaller first team, with the small youth team as back ups. Perhaps 2 squads of 16? My kids have no problem in the Eredivisie.

EDIT: Just sweet-talked Alderweireld into a new deal. :D

Denswil has been sent out on loan twice to no avail. Despite making 35 appearances for Heracles last season, he hasn't really progressed as a player. Unfortunately, with Nuytinck, van der Hoorn, Veitman, Bulthuis and Van Rhijn all capable of playing centre-half and below the age of 24, I can't see a future for Denswil here.

I also managed to get Alderweireld to sign a new deal... it didn't make him stay... sorry to rain on your parade! :D

Strange how people's saves turn out differently. Denswil is a key player for me now in 2015. He's also made it to Holland national team at age 22. On the other hand, Kishna is probably not going to make it, but I hear he's brilliant in some other saves. I guess it depends on individual choices (tutoring etc.), but to injuries as well.

Yeah, I've been putting a lot of work in to making Kishna the future face of the club, having him tutored a couple of times, constantly checking on his progress and setting individual focusses. I've decided that I'll be focussing on making him an out-and-out winger rather than making him a more balanced attacker. Queency Menig is developing rapidly having been put on a complete forward focus, with 16 dribbling, finishing and first touch at the age of 18!

Denswil has been sent out on loan twice to no avail. Despite making 35 appearances for Heracles last season, he hasn't really progressed as a player.

You should have been giving him games in the first season. Players develop better with first team football and controlled progression at your own club,

You should have been giving him games in the first season. Players develop better with first team football and controlled progression at your own club,

Hard to do so with Veitman, van der Hoorn, Alderweireld and Bulthuis all rotating in a two centre-back system.

Hard to do so with Veitman, van der Hoorn, Alderweireld and Bulthuis all rotating in a two centre-back system.

Play Alderweireld at DM! :D

Denswil's been playing 20 games a season for me for the past two seasons, and he's probably slightly below Douglas's level.

Got Man Utd chasing Eriksen and Van Rhjn. Finishing Runner-Up in the Champion's League hasn't done too much for my reputation it seems...

Litmanen's retiring this summer aswell. 15 Goals and 16 Assists in 50 appearences (Mainly from the bench). Watching him burn Sergio Ramos to score two goals with 1 pace was a true highlight this season! :')

Provisional First Team Squad - Season 3

Goalkeepers

1 - Kenneth Vermeer

57 - Stan Bijl

Defenders

2 - Ricardo van Rhijn

3 - Daley Blind

5 - Douglas

6 - Stefan Strandberg

12 - Stefano Denswil

15 - Ruben Ligeon

N/A - Mitchell Dijks

Midfielders

4 - Toby Alderweireld

8 - Siem De Jong

10 - Christian Eriksen

17 - Javad Nekounam

31 - Aleem O'Balogun

N/A - Davy Klaassen

N/A - Ilan Boccara

Forwards

7 - Viktor Fischer

9 - Kolbeinn Sigporsson

11- Lucas Andersen

21 - Danny Hoesen

28 - Ricardo Kishna

55 - Chukwudi Mustapha

I have quite a few other players, but I'm in the midst of a clear-out.

Had a long term Ajax save that I'm thinking of restarting, I need a game to delve into for the next few moths until FM14 comes out.

Not sure if I should start again on the DB as it is or wait till say the final Weegie update rolls out?

With the departures if Alderwireld & Eriksen I imagine it'll be a really challenge, did they manage to bring in bodies?

Had a long term Ajax save that I'm thinking of restarting, I need a game to delve into for the next few moths until FM14 comes out.

Not sure if I should start again on the DB as it is or wait till say the final Weegie update rolls out?

With the departures if Alderwireld & Eriksen I imagine it'll be a really challenge, did they manage to bring in bodies?

Bojan on a loan, Mike van der Hoorn (from FC Utrecht, he's in contention for the right center back position with Joel Veltman) and Lerin Duarte (from Heracles, midfielder who could replace Eriksen and took over his number 8 jersey; IRL will compete for the spot with South African Thulani Serero). No idea how Duarte and van der Hoorn have been rated for FM13 though. Starting an Ajax save without Alderweireld and Eriksen will very much be a challenge!

Duarte is at Anderlecht on my game; he actually looks decent! Lacks the mental stats to get anywhere near Eriksen.

van der Hoorn is a solid defender, who would likely be your first choice without Alderweireld.

I'd recommend going for someone like Hiroshi Kiyotake as your Eriksen replacement (19's in passing, creativity, first touch and technique! Not quite as fast as Eriksen, but possibly more rounded!)

Strandberg is an outstanding candidate to replace Alderweireld; Ball playing monster at the heart of my defence!

It's funny how different things go on in everyone's games; Sporkslede didn't do much for me. Van den Boomen's finished his tutoring from Nekounam, and is now fighting it out with his old mentor to be Alderweireld's understudy at the DM slot (Still expect him to get 20-30 games or so. He looks excellent)

My side doesn't seem as flat-out invincible as it was last year, but I think pushing Youths through, I'll always risk that.

Just posted this in Cleon's thread - Looks like my heavy investment in Tutoring's starting to pay off!

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=15d2bc947bb212ec&id=15D2BC947BB212EC%211426&v=3&sff=1&authkey=!AFFmtwBaIja-23k

Following his retirement, Litmanen's took up my HOYD mantle; hopefully his glorious personality stats will reflect on any new regens!

...Just been drawn in a group with Real Madrid and Dortmund. I'm seeded 2nd.

Sporkslede has struggled to get to my team, but I still keep his contract and he's been loaned out most of the time and pretty successfully (= he can play at good level and attributes develop). I had Boccara/Enoh/Poulsen at first, so it was tough competition, for now (2015) Poulsen has retired and I let Enoh go, but van den Boomen stepped up and now I use him with Boccara as DMC.

Sporkslede is currently on loan at Kaiserslautern, getting regular Bundesliga games and Kaiserslautern was surprisingly in CL too, so he has played in great level of competition.

Another similar DMC is Djavan Anderson, who's been loaned twice to Eredivisie clubs and now is a regular at Roda.

Archived