PC requirements for at least 20 leagues???

Im looking to build a new PC with its sole intention of playing FM13 on it with as many leagues as possible without later season slow down. Is this even possible?

What would be the minimum CPU power, RAM , Hard Drive size and speed to be able to do so?? and would an inbuilt motherboards graphics be good enough or will i need a seperate one for matchday??

I absolutely love FM but dont want to spend big money on a gaming spec PC, when it is the only game that i play!!

Much thanks to anyone with the know how to help me with this as i cant wait to start building, Roll on FM13.

James,

2x6870, i5 3570k and 16GB RAM cost me ~£700 about 8 months ago and runs 36 leagues fine with 4.5 star performance So 8GB 1 powerful graphics card and a decent processor is what you will need and affordable on £500 easily enough provided you're not including 10TB of storage array and 3 24" monitors. As mentioned the i7 3770k is an excellent processor and a good starting point for ~£210. Decent card can be <£100 and £40 for the memory.

for £500 id want :

8GB ram

a decent I5 cpu.. 2500k or if you can afford.. 3570 ( or 3570k if you are comfortable overlocking)

that chip has more than enough graphics capability built on , so don't worry about that..

as an idea to base on :

http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Chimera.html

that's a solid solid machine.. if you are building yourself.. you can swap and change as you see fit and still come in at under £500.. eg. 3570 over the 2500k etc

but yes...

i5 cpu

8GB ram

64 bit OS

and you are set

I am also checking for new laptops and FM is the only game that i play..

Can you also tell me about the Hard Disk ? If HDD or SSD would make a difference in playing FM 13?

The laptop i wanted to get is HDD but i am reading about SSD - that how it makes the machine fly etc. but it's really expensive.

Would this make a change for FM 13? Running the game faster and so on?

What is the most important to run FM faster ?

Processor , ram or Harddisk?

Cheers.

Thanks for the help guys, im going for the I7 Ivy Bridge as it has inbuilt graphics, but does that also mean that that covers sound too or i need a sound card? cant find info about that anywhere?

You won't need a sound card. I believe all CPUs have had integrated sound for some years now.

The laptop i wanted to get is HDD but i am reading about SSD - that how it makes the machine fly etc. but it's really expensive.

Cheers.

not really, just saving and loading of games, just playing it doesnt make a noticable difference

This should more than cope should it not?

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5-2410M

Memory: 6 GB DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6490M (1 GB DDR5)

Display: 39,6 cm (15,6") High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366 x 768)

Hard drive: 640 GB SATA (5400 rpm)

I hasten to add this is for a refurb laptop for £366

Do not buy DELL!!!!

I really dislike seeing things like this.

I'm working on a 7 year old Dell Precision 390 right now - doing graphic design.

I have a 6 year old Dell laptop that runs FM12 perfectly fine.

And my new Dell laptop plays FM12 like a dream.

Fair enough if you have a recommendation on specific rigs or makes - but I think dissing a specific company (dell or not) should be avoided.

Not having a go - I just don't think it's fair.

Must have.

i5

SSD

8GB Ram (no more needed)

Win 7 64-bit

Try ebuyer for good deals (also Novatech)

Easier to build your own PC rather than buy anything from a shop as you know what's in your machine then.

Do not buy DELL!!!!

Originally Posted by aliatam View Post

Cheers.

not really, just saving and loading of games, just playing it doesnt make a noticable difference

Just invested in this from Dell (my current machine is 5 years old):

Processor - Intel® Core™ i5-2320 Processor (3.0GHz, 6MB)

Operating System - Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Memory - 8GB2 DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

Hard Drive - 2TB Serial ATA (7.200 Rpm) Hard Drive

Video Card - NVIDIA® GeForce GT 640 1GB Graphics Card

3 Years McAfee Anti-Virus Software

All for £629 - plus you get a FREE X-Box!

Should be able to run plenty of leagues on FM13 with that bad boy.

Been looking at novatech's barebone deals the £500 quid one looks its got i7 3770 and an Intel Z77 Express Chipset mobo, 750w PSU anyone recommend doing this? or just best to build yourself?

:)Yes,thats what i did from Novatech,very good company,mines been running now for 3/4 years no problems!,,this is ideal if its the first time your messing around with the insides of a PC,gives you confidence to do more the next time,like!

Thanks guys ordered a barebones from Novatech

•Intel Core i7 3770K Processor

•8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Memory

•750W Gaming PSU

•Intel Z77 Express Chipset

then a seagate 2TB sata Hard drive and a Sony DVD writer all for £593

Should be able to **** da **** outta FM with that lol,

Interested to know if anyone thinks the hyper-threading in the 3770 will give much of a performance boost for FM compared to the 3570?

I just got a 3570 and have 8gb RAM, thoughts on how many leagues I can run? I was running 5-6 countries with a total of probably 15 leagues on a far worse machine without too much trouble so thinking I can go quite good with this system.

Archived