FM12 Smylie v Roberts - England vs the Rest of the World!

PaulHartman71

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, considering I have a day off today. I shall get cracking straight away. First off though, I have some questions;

What date of birth do the manager's have to have? From the names and what threads I've read, they appear to be previous successful regen strikers in FMCU Career Threads? So yeah, what D.O.B?

Yeah my bad for not outlining the stuff you guys are asking. Date of birth isn't a problem - make it so they're both 40, so say June 1st 1971. Player Attribute Masking should be ticked. Agents offering players are fine :thup:

:thup:

Is it ok if I put Smylie's actual birthday (14th of December, I found it in Nep's Knockbreda thread) and make him 40 anyway?

Andrew Smylie's Colwyn Bay - Initial Impressions

Club Information

Media Prediction: 12th

Board Expectations: Safe Mid-table in League, Fourth Qualifying Round of FA Cup, First Round of FA Trophy

Finances: £42,287

Estimated Value: £110k

Transfer Budget: £2.5k

Wage Budget: £2,342 (£1,604)

Captain: Jack Robinson

Overview|Facilities|Squad|Manager

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Stuart Lee

Defenders

Ricardo Francis

David Chapman

Andy Meredith

Don Savage

Jeff Lovell

Jack Robinson

Joe Fitzgerald

Midfielders

Danny Senior

Aaron Baxter

Darren Griffiths

Nick Pateman

Jonathan James

Martin Standing

Henry Holmes

Strikers

Steven Birch

Andy Lawton

Mark Dallas

Lee Jones

Youth/Reserve Team

Moved Andy Lawton up to first team squad, no other players here.

Staff

Chris Porter

Manager Thoughts

Not a bad initial squad to work with. We've got some great players for this division in Francis, Baxter and Dallas but there are areas that will need some work. One goalkeeper is just not enough, and he isn't even that good to start with so I'll definitely look at bringing someone in. I'll also be looking to add some depth in midfield and in defence.

One thing that is worrying is that some of our best players are on amateur contracts and want exorbitant fees to go part-time, so if teams get interested we risk losing them. For now it's only Holmes and Senior that have teams chasing them, but that may yet change. I may also look to shift some of our higher earners to free up some wages.

Time to dive into the free transfer market!

Hard to believe it will be my turn in approximately 2 weeks time :D. Good luck Romanista, get us off to a good start! (no pressure)

Cheers, I hope I can do well.

I'll be out this afternoon and won't be able to update, most likely until late this evening. I've done the initial squad report though (please tell me if I've missed anything out), so you guys can pore over the team. Next update will be at the end of august/pre-season.

Danny Roberts' Staines Town - First Impressions

Media Prediction: 17th

Board Expectations: Consolidation(League), Fourth Qualifying Round(FA Cup), First Round(FA Trophy)

Finances

Estimated Value: £140k

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £4,024

Spending: £4,021

Overview|Facilities|History|Danny Roberts' Profile|Affiliated Clubs

Staff

Assistant Manager - Not the best, but definitely not the worst.

Goalkeeping Coach

Physio

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers: Danny O'Brien, Craig Cawley, Craig Osborne

Full Backs: Jeff Carter, Paul Griffin, Liam McKeown, Tony Johnson

Centre Backs: Issah Annan, Barry Butterworth, Sean Bray, Chardonie Kabasele, Hussein Badawi, Lee Pack

Wide Midfielders: Danny Leonard, Dave Knock, Barrie Potts, Adam Hart

Central Midfielders: Matt Wright, Jamie Redhead, Martin Ord, Richard Sullivan, Richard Smith, Gary Roberts, Remo Rowland, Jason Siddall

Strikers: Ryan Morton, Rayan Messaoudi, Niall Adams, Jake Scott, Vernon Hercules, Sid Kelly

Managers Thoughts

We have good depth to the squad with some good players in a few positions. Depth is important for this level and whilst a few new faces could help improve the quality of this squad even more. It isn't high on my list. Getting the backroom staff set well and bringing in more coaches will be better now. Steady progress is the aim. I'll be looking to tie down key players to longer contracts so that we can keep a spine to the squad.

Brentford are our Parent club. Do you guys want me to cancel that?

I don't agree with not making any/many signings. There will be players available that are much better than the current players we have and I think it's important to get quality in if we want to move up the leagues.

ROTW guys, we have a chance to sign Tony Majer, a Canadian (bet there will be more than one person happy with that) youth international goalkeeper who could potentially play in the Championship. The only problem are his massive wages, I think I can get him down to about £425 p/w.

What do you guys think? Worth it or not?

Right guys, currently we are about £500 over our wage budget. I'm working on reducing that. However, one of my scouts, in his reports file, has found this guy, James Faye. Now, normally with me being so far over my wage budget and already have 5 good strikers I wouldn't go signing him. But for £180 a week and £20 in bonuses. It seems worth it. I'd probably let Niall or Jake go. Possibly both if I can pull this off.

What do you guys think?

ROTW guys, we have a chance to sign Tony Majer, a Canadian (bet there will be more than one person happy with that) youth international goalkeeper who could potentially play in the Championship. The only problem are his massive wages, I think I can get him down to about £425 p/w.

What do you guys think? Worth it or not?

A bit late but I'd definitely sign him up!

Danny Roberts' Staines Town - Pre-Season 2011-2012

Transfers

So far this summer six players have joined the club whilst two have left. Firstly we'll talk about the players who have left the club. We already know that they are 2 of our strikers, Vernon Hercules and Sid Kelly. We could potentially see Matt Wright, Paul Griffin, Hussein Badawi, Niall Adams, Jake Scott and Craig Cawley still leave the club if we're successful with some of the deals we're involved with.

Incoming so far we have the following players that have joined us;

Jake Finnigan

Daniel Parry

Diego Miranda

Tony Tilling

Steven Nicoll

Gary Hands

The players that we're still in the market for if I can get the finance for them are;

Paul Hale

Sean Murphy

Alan Gordon

Carlo Ansell

James Faye - See further up the thread.

There were two players who we missed out on or couldn't agree terms with and they were;

David Young

Craig Harrison

I'd like to try and see if we can sign them in a few months time, finances permitting as I feel both can offer something to the squad.

Pre-Season Friendlies

StainesTownFixtures_Fixtures.png

So, mixed results in the friendlies. But overall I am pleased as we weren't as bad as it looks in the Brentford and Barnet games. Miranda has shown that he could well be the key to a successful season so far and if we're able to keep Remo fit, he should be able to pull the strings in midfield.

Finances - Finances aren't in the best of shape. But that's to be expected when we're still in the lower leagues.

Captain for the season will be Paul Griffin for the time being. Whilst Remo Rowland has been named vice captain.

Staff

Four staff members have joined the club and they are;

Barry Robinson

Lee Gilbert

Stacey Greenway

Martin Chambers

Archived