[FM 12] The One, The Only, The...Cerud??

cerud

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moving along nicely after 9 games.
So the good run continues.
Keeping up the good work.

Thanks guys. It has been a great run so far, and looks to continue :)

November 2013 Update

provercelli.jpg?w=147&h=200

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 - Lega Pro Prima Divisione Girone A

The League

Going strong with all wins this month. I was also very happy that our goals against with less than 1.00. However, the best thing was that Fábio Lemes finally scored. Our top goalscorer from last year had gone over 16 hours without a goal, so I was happy that he finally broke out of his slump.

fixn.png

The Standings

standju.png

Managerial Thoughts

We've moved up to 2nd place and only 6 points behind top spot Cittadella. However, Cittadella hasn't lost a match yet. There's still well over half the season to be played out, but I'm not holding out. If we make the playoffs, I'll be happy as it gives us a commanding position over what we were expected to finish, although I'd love the title for myself :)

Maybe you can beat Cittadella twice?

Well, I've already played them once earlier in the season. They were one of my losses. I hope that we can win the next one against them, but we'll still need a bit more help.

Dont give up mate anything is possible in football, but dont get your hopes up to high.

Cheers, Persiani! Anything is possible, as my next update will show. I try not to get my hopes up too high as I've been burned in the latter stages of a season before, but it's tough not to wonder ;)

December 2013 Update

The League

I'm working my team talks to ensure that there's no complacency creeping into the squad. So far, they're doing well. Our first match was a bit of a blowout, but our strikers stopping performing soon after. I've had to call in a few to the office to tell to play better as there has been some slacking off. I'm happy with our wins, but when we tie against an underperforming club, I take exception.

fixbt.png

The Standings

standv.png

Managerial Thoughts

Cittadella had a couple slips this month which has moved us within a point of top spot. We are also one match off of the halfway point. At this time, I'm now expecting at least a playoff finish. The competition for the league title is essentially between us, Cittadella, and Taranto. We'll need to continue progressing. I will also be looking into the transfer market for January. I want to start planning for life beyond this season and we have many players that are expendable as they cannot make the cut in higher levels. Unfortunately, we are also have a finance problem. We are losing quite a bit of money each month so selling players may become a necessity as well.

January 2014 Update

The League

At the end of December and beginning of January, there is a 21 day break. I scheduled a few friendly matches just to keep the squad match fit. In total, there were only 3 league matches in the month. We have continued to show our form, playing well and finding our chances when they present themselves. The match against Spal was especially fun to play as we won in the extra injury time to come from behind.

fixp.png

The Standings

standti.png

Transfers

I only ended up bringing in one player in this January transfer window. I was shopping for fullbacks, but the one palyer I wanted was too costly.

Riccardo Riva - DM, M C - While I wasn't necessarily look for a midfielder, Riva was brought in on a free. He has spent his career with clubs in the Prima and Seconda leagues in Italy. I liked his experience for training as well as being a replacement for next year as I will be losing one of my other midfielders.

Managerial Thoughts

We have overtaken Cittadella and with that, the league! There are 16 matches left to be played, so the league could potentially be anyone's to win. However, I am liking the fact that we are managing our defense much better. This is in no small part to our goalkeeper, José Rocchi, who continues to improve in skill monthly. He's also started to garner interest from a few Serie B sides as well. Our goals against is now below 1.00, which I am very happy about and we are leading the league in goals for.

Our next match will be a defining one for the as we play Cittadella. If we win, we moved 4 points clear, if we lose, Cittadella will retake the lead. I would rather win just to show that we can against such good opposition.

8 February 2014

d0754c8d-2589-fd99-cc2c-d8d1bf093a13-banner.png

Pro Vercelli Manager Reaches Milestone

With the upcoming match against Pisa a day away, Pro Vercelli is preparing celebrations to mark their young manager's 100th match in professional football. The achievement has been made with two clubs, including Incheon Korail in South Korea. In 100 matches, Cerud has found success, marking it with a league title, a winning playoff run, and a promotion. Speaking to media earlier today, Cerud stated:

"I feel as though I just began yesterday. This career has already taken me across the world. I can't think of anything better to do; I love my job and the club. And thanks to the city of Vercelli for welcoming me and my family."

100es.png

Looks like a 2 horse race.

Thanks, SRL88. Looks that way!

So much for survival! You're taking the league by storm! :thup:

Cheers, Raware! :)

Maybe going to up B already.

We have a saying here in the Canadian hockey world...never call a shutout in the 2nd period ;) I'm optimistic, but still a lot of season to go!

February 2014 Update

The League

Ouch. We got spanked by Cittadella and it wasn't pleasant. This is one of those months that I'd just like to put behind me.

fixx.png

The Standings

standmq.png

Managerial Thoughts

Even though we didn't do as well this month as others, Cittadella did about the same. We are still within 2 points of the top spot. However, now that I've tasted the top spot, I want it back! At least we have our two matches done with Cittadella and we get back to playing our game.

2013-2014 Youth Candidates

Youth Candidates

youthd.png

There's a couple of decent youth to come through. I think this is my first intake that has players with potential start ratings higher than 2.5. Finally!

Alberto Oliva - GK - Definitely a youth with young skills. However, there is potential there.

Gianluigi Bello - AM C - I like his physical stats, crossing, and pace. He's rated at a potential of 5 stars. We'll see...

March 2014 Update

The League

Well, we got back to our winning form. Fábio Lemes has returned to full form. His earlier troubles at the beginning of the year are done as he put in his second hattrick of the season this month. Everyone is doing their part as we move close to the season's end.

fixob.png

The Standings

standus.png

Managerial Thoughts

We have made up some of the lost effort against Cittadella back to a single point. There are 8 matches left. We have already qualified for the playoffs as the table both top and bottom is beginning to be fully defined. I'm still hopeful that we can overtake Cittadella, but we will need help. Just one match...and let me do the rest. This is going to come down to the wire.

April 2014 Update

The League

Another good month for us heading towards the end of the season. We gave up a few bad goals and have had a few minor injuries to deal with, but noting too serious. The squad is still playing very well. I think in an odd way, it helped us to be eliminated from the two cup competitions early off. We were able to concentrate on the league without getting too tired from playing a heavier schedule. I guess it was a blessing in disguise. Still could have used to prize money though...

fixh.png

The Standings

standn.png

Managerial Thoughts

We're back on top!!! In the last match, Cittadella tied theirs enabling us to move ahead of them by a point. With only two matches left to be played in league play, this is a close a season as I've ever had. We are within a single point of each other and only a 3 goal difference that they hold on us. We need to remain focused on our final two matches as bigger and better await us.

2013-2014 Season in Review

2nd Place - Promoted via Playoffs

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Well, apparently our club likes to make things interesting. We were expected to finish in possible relegation, but with a decent chance to escaping. Instead, we found ourselves in a fight for the top spot of the league for most of the season. It can down to us and Cittadella. However, every time we would finally overtake them, we would invariably do something stupid to push us back down. I'm very happy with the playoff berth, but I know we let this league title slip through our fingers. Hopefully, the squad will realize the bitterness of defeat when so close and remember it for the rest of their careers. I want them to fight to survival, not only in the league, but for their spot on the roster. I little too much complacency in the latter stages of the season.

The Playoffs

1st Divisione Girone A Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

U.S. Carrarese Calcio 1908 0 - 1 U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892

Just before this match, both my starting left and right wing midfielders took injuries in training. Not a good way to start. Still, we controlled the match right from the outset. The win could have easily been by more.

1st Divisione Girone A Playoff Semi Final Leg

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 2 - 0 U.S. Carrarese Calcio 1908

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 win on aggregate 3-0

Again, we dominated this match, but had problems hitting the net. More than a few players seemed to have already checked out for the summer and required some slapping on the side of the head after the match. We still had 2 matches to go!

1st Divisione Girone A Playoff Final Leg 1

U.S. Foggia 2 - 2 U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892

We were leading going into the half, but Foggia bounced back with two quick goals only 3 minutes apart from each other. We go lucky to tie the match, knowing that we would have the chance to win at home.

1st Divisione Girone A Playoff Final Leg 2

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 1h - 1 U.S. Foggia

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 win in 3-3 tie decision due to higher league finish

We absolutely dominated this match and yet nothing could get by their goalkeeper. Definitely should have been awarded man of the match. The match finished in a 1-1 tie after 90 minutes so an additional half hour was played. Nothing was decided. However, rather than penalty kicks, Italian football league rules state that the playoff winner in the case of a draw or tie will be the club who finished highest in the league standings. That was us so that tie was enough to see us to promotion and into the Serie B bwin for next year!

The Cups

TIM Cup - A disappointing introduction to this competition. Lost our first and only match.

Coppa Italia di Lega Pro - This was a competition that I was actually hoping to to well in as my league is the highest that competes. That didn't happen as we were eliminated in the 2nd Round.

The Stats

Goals Scored - 97 (+ 13 from last season, 1st in league)

Goals Conceded - 44 (- 4 from last season, 11th in league)

Average Attendance - 3 404 (+ 2 578 from last season, 8th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - The squad held out for this year, but some significant rebuilding will be needed for next season. There will definitely be a few players that can make the cut to a higher level, but not all.

Carlos Garcia - D C - Our loan signing from our parent club, Juventus, was remarkable. Top average rating in the league and at only 21 years old, he will have a great career with them. He just signed a contract extension with Juventus, securing his position possibly for next year.

Simone Pasa - DM, M C - Our top signing of the year. Pasa surpassed my expectations in his ability and improvement. He's garnering a lot of interest.

Vinicio Edwards Espinal - M/AM RL - Old man Espinal didn't play last year as he was out with a broken leg, but he returned to full form on the right wing as a monster down the side. I'm not sure how well he'll do in a higher league as he is aging and his skills are taking a hit.

Riccardo Bocalon - ST - Bocalon just keeps getting better and better. My top signing from a year ago had the most goals in the league and is a force of nature. If I could sign Garcia, I would have my spine with Bocalon and Pasa.

The Backroom

Finances - Yikes... Hopefully a higher league will offer us higher gate receipts and an influx of cash.

Facilities - Same as always.

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Don't get relegated - Achieved in style! Promotion.
  • Strengthen fullbacks - Failed. I brought in a loan signing for the left, but wasn't able to find anything for the right and had to make do.
  • Continue to streamline youth squad - Achieved. It's now starting to look like an actual squad.
  • Make a profit - Failed.

Plans for Next Season

I've signed a new contract for another year at $230 000/year. I'd like to ensure that Pro Vercelli becomes a consistent Serie B club and possibly push for even further promotion, but I'm not going to hold myself to that as it's probably a few years down the road and I'm not sure how long I'll stay here. For right now, the goal is survive.

Great work getting promoted, even if you did have to do it the hard way.

Hopefully the finances will pick up to.

Thanks, SRL88.

Thank goodness for the higher league finish rule, even if away goals would have done it anyway.

Cheers, deltablue! Yeah, I'm happy for that rule as well. I didn't want to go to a shootout.

Wow, that was an eventful last few games! Well done on promotion, Serie B football will definitely help the finances!

Very eventful! Seems like I have a knack for eventful in Italy. Both of my promotions were nailbiting experiences :)

2014-2015 Pre-Season

U.S. Pro Vercelli Calcio 1892 - Serie B bwin

The Stats

Series B bwin: Stay clear of relegation

TIM Cup: TBD

Media Prediction: 22nd of 22

Bwin Promotion Odds: 80-1

Wage Budget: $2 661 152 (+ $273 312 from last season)

Currently Spending: $1 854 278 ($806 874 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $35 762 (- $8 950 from last season)

Kit Sponsorship: $416 770 (expires 2015)

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $374 000 (expires 2015)

TV Rights Deal: $1.6M (+ $1.6M from last season)

Average Ticket Price: $27.20 (+ $6.40 from last season)

Average Season Ticket Price: $346 (+ $133 from last season)

Season Ticket Holders: 1 813 (+ 972 from last season)

Estimated Value: $2.6M (+ $1.2M from last season)

National Club Ranking in Italy: 59th

Goals

• Don't get relegated.
  • Need fullbacks and now!
  • Make a profit.

This will be a season of survival even more so than last year. The just between the Prima Divisione and Serie B is massive. Cittadella who won our league last year and who got promoted along with us, spanked us in both matches last year. We need to improve in essential areas of the starting XI. Most notably, I desperately need fullback, both right and left. Other positions are requires as well in order to make a depth based squad.

13 July 2014

four-four-two-logo.jpg

Spain Wins Consecutive World Cups!

Under the bright sun of Rio De Janeiro, a goal from Fernando Torres was all it took for Spain to clinch their second consecutive and total World Cup. The Spaniard, currently playing for Chelsea in the English Barclay's Premier League, scored the second highest number of goals, behind France's Loïc Rémy.

With Brazil's hosting duties completed, attention is turned to Russia who will host in 2018.

FIFA World Cup 2014

11073106OAK4u.jpg

Group A: Brazil, Slovakia, DR Congo, Japan

Group B: Mexico, Italy, Argentina, Australia

Group C: Slovenia, Cameroon, Germany, Saudi Arabia

Group D: Wales, Iran, Canada, Uruguay

Group E: Honduras, England, Paraguay, Russia

Group F: Netherlands, Serbia, Colombia, Ghana

Group G: France, Portugal, Chile, Guinea

Group H: Spain, Poland, Morocco, South Korea

93306194.png

As for managerial changes, there will need to be new appointments for Honduras, Uruguay, France, Colombia, Poland, Russa, DR Congo, Argentinaq, and Germany.

Good run from Slovenia.
Brilliant all round, very good with Slovenia and a nice promotion with Pro Vercelli look forward to how the season goes.

Slovenia had a great run. I was also surprised that the United States didn't even make the World Cup.

2014-2015 End of Pre-Season

The Matches

Italy - Borgosesia Calcio - won 8-0

Italy - Parma FC Reserves - won 6-0

The Players

Squad | Transfers - There's been a lot of transition on the squad in this off-season, mainly because two promotions in a row mean that the majority of the old squad no longer cut it.

Jacopo Galimberti - D C - Galimberti has spent his youth with Inter in Serie A. He olnly played 8 matches with them on the main squad; however, he possesses the skill for our league and, with training and first team play, should be able to make a jump back to that higher league.

Riccardo Nardini - WB/M/AM R - Nardini has literally played at every level of Italian football for the past 15 years. He's still good enough for Serie B and so long as he keeps up his pace and acceleration, he will have a spot on the right wing for us.

Claudio Coralli - ST - Coralli joins us after being released by another Serie B club, Empoli. He will help guide our transition into this league. In like his experience and determination.

Pre-Season Thoughts

Not much of a pre-season this year as the TIM Cup starts up right away. The goal for this campaign is survival as I don't know what the level of competition will be. My guess...difficult.

August 2014 Update

The League

Well, we're only one match in, but the welcome has been...tumultuous. Catania decided that the best way to introduce us to Serie B football was to injure 4 of my starters on longterm injuries and reduce me to 10 men on the pitch. Welcome.

fixwz.png

TIM Cup

The first match went well, but Serie A Side Cesena took us to town. They scored 4 goals in the first half. We clawed back a couple, but it wasn't enough. Still, at least we made it less embarassing.

timvk.png

The Standings

standj.png

Managerial Thoughts

One game in so there's not much I can say. I'm a little annoyed that Catania came to the match armed with baseball bats and spiked clubs, but I guess that's the Italian game.

Great work on promotion :thup: Looks like a tough start at Catania though. I hate getting injuries so early in the season.
Rough ride.
Good luck in Serie B :) getting a draw against catania must be a good sign. Even tho you got 4 injuries

Thanks, all. I knew it would be a difficult job given two promotions in a row. However, I need players with the ability to play so hopefully other teams decide not to kill my players anymore.

September 2014 Update

The League

For our first full month in Serie B, I'm pretty happy with our outcome. It's not spectacular, but we took a significant amount of the available points. Our tie against Padova was especially good. We scored 2 late goals to come from behind in injury time for that one. I love that my squad is not getting overwhelmed by more reputable clubs. We are not quitting in matches, even though it would probably be easier to do so. If we keep this up, a mid-table finish may be a possibility.

fixs.png

The Standings

standw.png

Managerial Thoughts

To be in the top 10, even though it is the 10th place spot, is great! We've tied half of our matches, but at least that means we're picking up points. However, we are having the problem of giving up too many goals again. Thanfully, we also lead the league in goals for. Looking back at my squad, it seems as though most players just had a full star knocked off of their current ability. I guess my assistant manager did a reassessment. Would have been nice to have had this in the pre-season, but at least things are going our way so far.

Archived