FM2012 not running on Mac - SI aware and looking into it

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly the same scenario for me!! my one day off which i want to play FM and its ruined. have to say this would never have

happened on previous versions. granted these last few are better but for people who dont play it online its a heavy price to pay

This is the particular problem, why can't we boot from the disc like we used to and can we have that feature back? a valid question since someone from SI is currently on this thread

Use the search function and you'll find it discussed ad nauseum, this thread isn't for that discussion, ta!

Edit, you could start here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275972-Football-Manager-2012-Activation-Steam-FAQ

the reasons for not be allowing to boot via disc are to stop the illegal copying and distribution of this game and to protect the profits that sega and SI will make from each new version, thats acceptable and understandable but not if these problems caused by updates and steam are going to stop us paying customers from playing our product..

Keep this thread focussed on this particular problem only please.

It is focussed on the particular problem. Im just stating that we never used to experience these problems with previous games before all the updates came along?

It is focussed on the particular problem. Im just stating that we never used to experience these problems with previous games before all the updates came along?

Nope, we just had different sets of problems, how short people's memories are:)

Nevertheless, let's keep this thread on the topic of resolving this particular issue please.

Nope, we just had different sets of problems, how short people's memories are:)

Nevertheless, let's keep this thread on the topic of resolving this particular issue please.

Agreed. Just seems more than often there is a problem. Im done with my rant! I want my Game!!!!!...... please :)

• Administrators

We believe it's related to the latest Steam update and we're contacting them hoping to get this issue resolved - as always we'll keep you updated when we hear anything. Thanks.

• Administrators
Lol i wish that steam "problem solving team" is fast to resolve this isuue as the moderator team here is in deleting complain posts

We didn't delete complaining posts actually we dealt with posts discussing piracy. Please keep this thread on topic so we can keep track of users experiencing the issue. Thanks.

We didn't delete complaining posts actually we dealt with posts discussing piracy. Please keep this thread on topic so we can keep track of users experiencing the issue. Thanks.

Yea of course. Sorry for that. I'm just a bit pissed off for the problem. Just keep us updated about steam responses.

Seems that the issue is hitting all mac users (as i am)

same issue.. im working in a mac store, and nobody comes, and all the day i just play this, thats WHY I BOUGHT it, and same same and as i see, it happens almost monthly.. why?? and why there isnt any solution?.. it looks like anyway that if its cancelling itself automatically.. just one day to another. great..

A question to someone that has steam and some other game (i just have fm2012 on steam). The issue is present also with other games ?

Nope, just with FM, mind you I only have one other game via steam but that works fine.

I remember back in the days...before the "modern age" with Steam. Then I could play my FM game whenever I wanted. That was really fun.

Now I can't play it when I want. Not as fun anymore.

Will I continue to play FM after this? Not sure.

im gonna think that, because all this crap happening is: 'our' addiction rate... they think that it will push down, but no! im gonna install the 11, and see if it works. but if its not... imma goin to the gas station and burn up what starts with s, or if i saw an apple..

Have the same problem for the record.

Played until 00:45 this morning and was up and ready again at 07:30

Still waiting, and getting very bored of Mario Kart!

Sid Meiers Pirates is a better standby, sinking a few galleons is cathartic:)

Archived