Third Time Lucky - Starting Where I Should Have

AcidBurn

win it with Crewe, cant believe the one week i was in Crewe they played away from home!

That was a shame you could have come with us and witnessed their brilliance, although I think we were pretty crap when you were down here.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

October Update

creweoctober.jpg

creweoctoberresults.png

We remain top of the league after another decent month in League Two. We lost heavily to Huddersfield to put us our of the JPT trophy which I am not too bothered about. The best game for the neutral would have been against Oxford a game we should have finished off easier being 4-0 up at one point they got us to 4-3 before we secured the win with a fifth goal. Dicko is injured for a few weeks now so youngster Lee Campbell will have to step up as Bradley Wright-Phillips has already done. All in all a decent month disappointing draw against Gillingham but we cannot win every match. The rest of the league are so far keeping pace with us.

My PC went wrong that's why I haven't posted for a few days, luckily I was able to save this game before it went wrong.

Cheers lads, I had another scare got my PC back from the shop loaded FM and played about a month and it wasn't fixed so lost the month of games. Really annoying but at least this time I made a back up!

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

20 Game Update

crewenovember.jpg

20results.jpg

Another decent month and we remain top of the league, I took the screen shot one game into December after forgetting. Only 4 league games in that time the FA Cup was pretty good we dispatched Newport easily as expected then defeated Oxford in a thrilling 5-3 game to go through the the third round in search of an away day at a big club to help the slowly diminishing bank balance of the club. The league matches were pretty simple but it is annoying to concede so many goals, I have given up on even trying to defend and will just go for goals.

Dicko continues to rip apart all defences put in front of him as he keeps up his goal a game ratio for the season so far, Santana keeps creating and it will be hard to hold onto these two players unless we get promoted this season. Lee Campbell has been developing decently on the field it must be strange to see a 6 foot 8 17 year old inside forward running at people with the ball. I find his heading is more help when he plays on the wing and heads in the crosses that reach the far post. Hoping to continue our good form and secure promotion as soon as possible.

Are the league screen shots too small to see?

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

December Update

crewedecember.jpg

decemberres.jpg

Could it be time to start panicking? A good start to the month collapsed as we were thrashed by Rotherham 4-1 and then lost to a relegation fighting Grimsby at home, this has seen our lead cut to just 2 points at the top of the table. We have also been drawn against Exeter City in the 3rd round of the FA Cup should be an easy win but our form is crap in the last two matches as you can see. I see this time and time again on FM our next match is the FA Cup match against Exeter and then not surprisingly we will face Exeter in the league after that. These are two great matches to have to try and turn our form around and keep up the push for promotion.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

3 Months Later

crewemarch.jpg

marchresults.jpg

So we turned the two defeats around with a 4-1 win over Exeter City in the FA Cup, we then drew Stoke City one of our rivals at home I expected we would put up more of a fight but we limped out 3-0 barely getting a shot on goal against our EPL rivals. The league has gone well and we have secured a play-off place and sit in a comfortable position at the top losses against Dagenham and MK Dons were poor but a 7-1 win and a 6-2 away win over Hartlepool more than made up for it. Keeping three clean sheets in a row was a miracle for a side managed by me. Dicko continues to score as you can see usually in batches of twos and fours. Bradley Wright-Phillips has stepped up and I hope to sign him on a permanent transfer in the summer if he is released by his club.

Well, if you get promoted, sign better defenders. Simple as that! You wish.

By the way, Ant, I notice Crewe are in with a good shout of making the play-offs in real life. Just like I told you they would be. But you wouldn't have it.

Well, if you get promoted, sign better defenders. Simple as that! You wish.

By the way, Ant, I notice Crewe are in with a good shout of making the play-offs in real life. Just like I told you they would be. But you wouldn't have it.

If only FM was that simple!

I hope you end up right Crewe have been fantastic since Gradi left, new belief in themselves from Davis and a lot of the players are now showing their potential. Torquay away will be hard but we haven't lost for something like 15 games so who knows.

A crazy amount of goals by your players, but you are bleeding a few as well. Defensive focus will definitely be necessary for next season in L1. How did the season finish?

• 2 weeks later...

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

End of Season Review

creweleague.jpg

creweresults.jpg

We won the next two games and that secured promotion then two matches later after a loss and a draw we were crowned champions finishing top with 2 matches to spare. The end of the season was a bit pathetic but I wasn't really that bothered after securing automatic promotion.

crewebest11.jpg

Dicko's speed was a essential to the season with him ending with more goals than games, as you can see he was brilliant but at times scored in batches rather than consistently but that is not worth moaning about without him we would not be facing a season in League One. Wright-Phillips was also pretty damn good playing on either wing and up front with Dicko or covering for him, finishing with 20 goals it is a real shame that I cannot manage to sign him on a permanent basis or for another seasons loan. Suso Santana started with great form averaging over an 8 for the first 10-15 games but faded towards the end of the season. Lee Campbell the 6 foot 8 beast of a striker still only 17 chipped in with 10 goals also featuring on the wing occasionally.

Well here goes a promotion means I am not sure what we can achieve next season, after some signings I am hoping for anything above a relegation scrap. We will be losing lots of over paid players in the summer so there should be some wage available if these players can be replaced by players whose skill matches the wages.

Worth mentioning this update has taken a long time due to my motherboard and processor deciding that they do not want to work any more. I am hoping that the new parts will work and I can continue this save that I am enjoying a lot.

Congrats on promotion. Looking at your goals against, you're probably right about needing a few new defenders for next season, especially at a higher level.

Cheers, already trying to bring a few in. It's annoying because their average rating is pretty decent but they were all prone to big mistakes, not sure outscoring the opposition will work in League One.

Congrats on winning the league, it'll be exciting to see how you do in League 1

Thanks, the main issue could be that we are going to have to make a load of signings which will obviously take time settle.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

New Season Transfers Out

transfersout.jpg

Moved a load of players out mainly because a lot of them were on wages way too big for their talent and for this league. Overall this has reduced the wage bill to put us 25k a week under our new League Two wage budget.

transfersin.jpg

The first two transfers were already arranged a few months a go Scott Smith is a talented 19 year old two footed attacking midfielder who I think we will make a decent profit on if we eventually choose to sell him. Also pre-arranged and from Scotland is Darren Ramsey still only 20 years old and can play multiple positions CM, RM, AMR, AMC and ST. Charlie Hunter an extremely fast AMR and striker arrives on loan from Watford, Will Keane also comes on loan from Bristol City, he is more of a skilful forward than an out and out goal scorer and should help out Dicko in attack. Another Scottish player on a free from Rangers is 24 year old MC Jamie Ness has decent attributes for this level but is extremely one footed. Rudy Evrard another loanee has nothing apart from speed and can play up top or on either wing, I feel his quickness will be a big help in attack.

Regan Jones played pretty poor for Yeovil last season but has great attributes for League One, not sure why they never got the best out of him. Andy Alexander yet another loan player arrives to become first team GK a position I have been really struggling to find any quality for. Alex Bruce obviously his dad is more famous than him comes in to mean we now have 3 CB's at the club. Scott Griffiths brings experience at this level at 30 years old and recently released by Nottingham Forest he should be a good back up/rotational option with Crewe academy LB Stewart Raven. John Baird a loanee we had to pay a fee for and one I am hoping can reduce the workload on Dicko upfront.

Scott Boyd 29 years old and a little bit slow he was willing to accept only £750 a week and adds an extra option to our defence, a defence that is bound to be poor no matter who I sign lol. Kevin Long is another CB that never really made it at Burnley but looks reasonably good. Dominic Chatto accepted a big pay cut to join us and arrives for a huge fee of £75,000 he is a good all round CM that should add something to the squad, he can also play DMC and his attributes probably make slightly better at a deeper role. Connor Ripley is a good back up GK that we really needed being as we only had our on loan GK in the first team. Fouad Bachirou a 25 year old French CM and the second highest transfer fee of my time at Crewe, he has good mental and physical attributes and was too good to be playing for Morton.

Loads of player bought in and it may take a bit of time for the team to gel so I am going for a midtable finish as the board expect but I have a good feeling about this season.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

End of September

creweleagueseptember.jpg

septemberresults.jpg

Well looks like the defensive issues are going to continue with 13 conceded in the first 4 but we scored 14. The big loss against Huddersfield seems to have set the tone of us chasing them for first place in the early stages of the season. Dicko has started like a mad man as you can see scoring at least two goals a game for the first 5 matches of the league. Will Keane has not done bad when called upon to replace Dicko or to partner up with him in a 4-4-2 that I use occasionally instead of my 4-5-1/4-3-3. Bit disappointed that it took Santana a long time to score his first league goal of the season.

nugent.jpg

An expensive in terms of wages but brilliant signing for us, never quite made it to the top level in real life despite showing extreme promise. I think for this level and the Championship he will be brilliant, as you can see he scored on his debut and I am confident he can ease the goal scoring burden we have placed on Dicko and really fire us towards the top of the league this season. I really hope he can contribute as his £4,000 a week wage is a lot for this club especially coupled with £500 appearance and goal bonuses, worth the risk though.

Domestic Cups

We are already out of the league cup after thrashing Scunthorpe 5-2 we drew Hull City away who dispatched of us easily with a 3-1 win. The JPT was pretty good as we spanked Huddersfield 5-1 to reach the next round.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Three Months Later

creweleaguejanuary2nd.jpg

creweresdec.jpg

We are just about keeping pace with Huddersfield but it is getting as far ahead of 3rd as possible to try and grab promotion that really counts. A mixed bag over the last few months a tennis score loss of 6-4 against Palace was followed by two easy away wins to keep us in second. The Chesterfield match although a good win has seen Dicko pick up a 3 month injury luckily Nugent has really stepped up scoring some great goals and finishing some easy chances very well.

joboffer.jpg

After we lost 6-4 I got angry and applied for a job and surprisingly got offered it but after calming down I decided to stay at Crewe. If I was at another club that I didn't really care about in real life I am pretty sure I would have moved or if I wasn't challenging for promotion with Crewe but I am and I would love to beat their highest Championship finish ever.

Flagbig.GIF

chilejob.jpg

First International Adventure

chileleague.jpg

The manager of Chile retired so I thought I would have a punt and applied for the job and they accepted my application. The team is sitting in an okay position in the South American World Cup Qualifiers with the big boys Brazil and Argentina leading the way there is every chance I could get this team into 3rd or 4th place. The squad is ageing though so I doubt my stay will be past the 2018 World Cup, if we managed to get there that is.

Alexis Sanchez - Obviously the star of the team but I dislike the cheat in real life, still in FM he is an awesome player and key to any success we will ever have.

Arturo Vidal - A very good midfielder although I am sure I can remember him as a DC on an older FM. He is also a key player to the squad.

Mauricio Isla - Very good fullback but can also play in midfield.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Promotion Secured!

creweleagueapril.jpg

resultspromotion.jpg

promotionohyeah.jpg

A nice surprise although I had a sneaking suspicion we might be able to get another promotion given the way we started the season. We have moved a few points clear now and although promotion is important I hope we can continue our form and win the league. January was a very important month for us as we managed a win over Huddersfield and also a win over Orient who were right up at one point. Dicko came back but struggled to get in the line up past Nugent who has been on fire, however recently I have been playing both of them.

It will be hard in the Championship and so far the job links are coming thick and fast with me constantly being asked about moving to a bigger side. It is tempting as I have been linked to Premier League sides Blackburn and Aston Villa but I feel I wouldn't mind a season with Crewe in the Championship first.

Archived