Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Mid Season Report

Chester-1.png

Season 2017/2018

This is officially my longest ever Football Manager save! This goes to show how much i'm enjoying it and hopefully I can continue to play this save for a long time!

Npower League 1 | Fixtures

Npower League 1

Although I have to admit that i believed we would do well, I didn't think we would do this well! Only 4 points behind 1st place and if we carry on at this rate, we are almost guaranteed a top half finish at least. We've had some massive victories so far this season, but also some very annoying and avoidable losses, including our opening match against Coventry, which we lost to a 92nd minute goal. Coventry had 2 shots on target, whilst we had 8 and we lost 2 - 1, but then we could look towards the following match against MK Dons, which we won 5 - 1! It should have been 6, but Walsh missed a penalty.

Managers Thoughts: I think we will gain a play-off spot come the end of the season, as I don't think we have the best consistency and I believe one team will run away with the league. Automatic Promotion is an outside chance.

League Cup

1st Round: Leeds United 4 - 2 Chester

Managers Thoughts: Yet again, we get a very difficult draw and lose! Hopefully next season will bring something different, something easier.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy North

1st Round: Rochdale 1 - 4 Chester

2nd Round: Port Vale 1 - 2 Chester

Quarter Final: Chester 3 - 1 Mansfield

Semi Final: Burton 0 - 3 Chester

Managers Thoughts: For the first time ever, we look like we could go all the way in a cup competition! Considering what we managed in the FA Cup last season, this looks like a walk in the park! The South looks much more difficult, whilst the 4 teams we have faced were all from League 2. We will meet a League 1 opposition most likely in the actual Final, but in the North Final we face League 2 opposition again.

FA Cup

1st Round: Chester 2 - 0 Coventry

2nd Round: Chester 3 - 1 Brentford

Managers Thoughts: Easy enough draws in my eyes, although we had to fight to beat Coventry. With the 3rd round draw, we face Blue Square Bet South team Eastleigh which almost guarantees us to reach the 4th round! Hopefully we can move further than that or at least face a big team.

The Star Player

Christian Walsh - He's just getting better and better and is top of the goalscorers list in the npower league 1! Other players haven't performed as well as last season, but Walsh is helping to hold things together.

An Unfortunate Incident

Gary Beckford - Has done a good job this season, almost as good as last season, but unfortunately his season has ended early with a broken leg! It's definately a huge blow, but thankfully Kyle Pope has been making huge strides this season and will take his place.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carshalton Atheltic : Finally with the Big Boys Boom!!!

League Wahoo crept into the play offs and never looked back

Squad

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Finances - Just got 43 Million for tv money for EPL :D

Key Players

Westley

Oscar Ward

Marvelous Baah

League Cup Semi Final Norwich

FA Cup Fulham 3rd Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04 Awful player

YP05

YP06

YP07

YP08

YP09 Report

U18

Play offs

[video=youtube_share;bCE7ElVcUfk]

Next years objective : Survival

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Fa cup[/TD]

[TD]Fa Trophy[/TD]

[TD]League cup[/TD]

[TD]Johnstones Paint Trophy[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]17th Blue Square South[/TD]

[TD]4thQ[/TD]

[TD]2nd Rnd[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]9th Blue Square South[/TD]

[TD]2nd Q[/TD]

[TD]3rd Q[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2nd Blue Square South[/TD]

[TD]1st round[/TD]

[TD]3rd round[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]9th Blue Square Prem[/TD]

[TD]1st round[/TD]

[TD]1st round[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]1st Blue Square Prem[/TD]

[TD]4th round[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]10th League 2

[/TD]

[TD]5th round[/TD]

[TD]na[/TD]

[TD]1st round[/TD]

[TD]2nd round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD]1st League 2

[/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]2nd round

[/TD]

[TD]1st round

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD]2nd League 1

[/TD]

[TD]4th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD]South Final

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9

[/TD]

[TD]13th Championship

[/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]4th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[TD]5th Championship

[/TD]

[TD]5th round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11

[/TD]

[TD]6th Championship (Play Off Winner)

[/TD]

[TD]3rd round

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Semi Final

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Congratulations Toon! You've done a fantastic job, but the Premier League is a much bigger league and you will do well to survive! Going off what you've done so far though, I think you can pull that off :)

hmm dont know had a couple of friendlys with PL team beat Arsenal 1-0 then go get hammered by Derby 4-0 :eek: Derby are the current Champions of the EPL WTF!!! oh and Champions League winner the World has gone MAD!!! never mind just had a look at there History had a Tycoon take over in 2015 so there 10 year plan worked out :lol:

h,, dont know had a couple of friendlys with PL team beat Arsenal 1-0 then go get hammered by Derby 4-0 :eek: Derby are the current Champions of the EPL WTF!!! oh and Champions League winner the World has gone MAD!!!

That's just not right haha! Did they get a rich owner or something? In my game, Man City are currently 12th in January :D

Well Done ToonBalmy great achievement. Good luck in the EPL it'll be tough!

Just an update on my game. I'm halfway through my first season in the Championship and it's alright but I just can't seem to get into it. So I'm going to take a break for a bit and come back to it in a couple of weeks or so and see if I have my excitement back. I'll keep checking in though.

I'm going to give this challenge 1 more go.... Despite what I said in my previous post, I took over Darlington, but I lasted 17 days before the new chairman sacked me in order to employ his own manager .... That's right, New manager comes in, someone puts a bid in for the club, 2 weeks later, he takes over and then sacks the current manager (me). That surely must go down as 1 of the shortest mangerial runs ever ....

Anyway, I've taken over newly promoted Kingstonian, as they have a reasonable stadium, and for their level, reasonable facilities

Manager profile

Club profile

Club facilities

Transfers as of June 24th.

Finances

First team Squad

Reserve team squad

Season done oh yes you makes lots of money wen your in EPl especially when your highest paid player is on 6k a week

did you survive?

oh, and that gem i was talking about, well two weeks later he broke his foot and all his physical attributes went down by 1 straight away. :(

Bad news guys, after installing a new USB update, my mouse and keyboard stopped working, and after trying everything, I had to reinstall Windows 7.

Which has caused everything to be deleted, including FM12 and my game, so I will have to start all over again :(

Oh man, that sucks :(. Why didnt you copy the save onto a USB stick?

Bad news guys, after installing a new USB update, my mouse and keyboard stopped working, and after trying everything, I had to reinstall Windows 7.

Which has caused everything to be deleted, including FM12 and my game, so I will have to start all over again :(

Why didn't you move it to a seperate hard drive? I'm guessing you have a D Drive?

[Edit] I just realised, your mouse and keyboard stopped working...

Suttonunited.png

FM11 - Sutton United FC 2015/16 Season Update - Blue Square Bet Premier - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - BSS, 1st, FA Trophy 2nd Round, BSS Champions!

2012/13 - BSP, 2nd, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 4th Round, Lost in BSP Playoff Final

2013/14 - BSP, 14th, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round

2014/15 - BSP, 16th, FA Cup 2nd Round, FA Trophy Winners!

2015/16 - BSP, 2nd, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round, Promotion!

46 Pld, 22 Won, 12 Drn, 12 Lst, 75 For, 60 Ag, +15 GD, 78 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

After disappointing seasons in the previous two years, everything seemed to come together this year, and for the majority of the season we were sitting pretty in 2nd place, although could never quite catch first placed Stockport, and had to settle for 2nd place and the playoffs... again.

2016 League Table and Graph

After breezing past Darlington 4-1 and 2-2 in the semi-finals, we were up against 3rd placed Macclesfield in the final. After losing in the playoff final 3 years ago, I was very wary this time around, and Macclesfield probably played the better football on the day, managing 13 shots to 5, but they could only manage 1 on target compared to our 4, and somehow, I walked away with a 3-0 win and promotion to the Football League!

2016 Playoff Final

Star Players

Fan's Player of the Year - Oliver Nicholas

No surprises here, the 24 year old Eritrean central defender has now taken out this award 3 times in the past 4 years, and is still by far the best member of the squad. Whilst he still has a lot of low attributes, all of his key defensive attributes are now in double digits, which is more than any other defender in the side can say. Managing 5 goals and 5 assists from 47 appearances at 7.29, he was once again the only member of the squad to average over 7.

Most Promising U18 Player - 18 year old central defender Gonsalves didn't manage a league start this season, but did make 14 substitute league appearances and 3 cup appearances at 6.73 - whilst not amazing reading, I expect to see more from him in the future.

2016 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Finances / Facilities

After pretty much breaking even each month, I managed to make a $250k profit in May due to the playoff final, which saw my total bank balance shoot up past $400k for the first time ever - still not enough to improve any of my facilities, but with the riches of League 2 next season, hopefully that will change.

2016 Finances

Pitch Conditions: Very Poor

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Basic

So there you have it, after two very mediocre seasons in the BSP, I have somehow managed to pull it all together this season for promotion! Seems like playing my youth players the last few seasons is starting to pay off, although I think it will be an uphill struggle next season in League 2.

2016 New Club Records

Average Attendance: 2,355

Biggest Defeat: 1 - 7 v Dover (A) Blue Square Bet Premier 8.3.2016

Most League Apps for Club: Kevin Scriven - 270

Most League Goals for Club: Sam Gargan - 98

Oldest Player: Uriel Trustfull - 38 years 11 days (v Mansfield (A) Blue Square Bet Premier 14.11.2015)

Not a bad pre-season! (screenshot taken last night, I'm well into the season now.) Wages have been around £1500/week all season, so financially, I'm still well set. I'm holding of getting my youth recruitment and junior coach until the beginning of March (not long now), simply because I have no youth players currently, so it's wasted money if I have it done before then.

Carshalton Atheltic : Survived to Fight Another Season

League Well it was a decent first season in the EPL it was looking a bit shaky until the last 3 games which we won them all and secured our place in the EP

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Finances - Kerching!!!

Key Players

Westley

Oscar Ward

Marvelous Baah Career winding down now

Forde - Replacement for Baah

Bond

League Cup 3rd round Norwich (I really hate this team :mad:)

FA Cup Fulham 6th round Burnley

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03 Got his first Cap for Greece

YP04 Awful player Released

YP05

YP06

YP07

YP08

YP09

YP10 Report

The Two Other Players from the Youth Intake

U18

Next years objective : Survival Again!!!

Congratulations on survival Toon, I think the only way is up now that you've reached the Premiership! The good thing is that your finances will continue to grow at an alarming rate, just because your contracts are so low and the income is massive. Hopefully you can increase your facilities and stadium and become one of the biggest teams now :)

Is Westley a youth player from the academy then? I assume you've scrapped it now with everyone coming from your academy?

yeah he came through there aswell cant remember when didn't think much of him first but couple seasons on he was better than Jiminez my other good defender. what do you mean why would i scrap it that's the whole point of the challenge to get your team to EPL and CL Glory using only your youth players

Congratulations on survival Toon, I think the only way is up now that you've reached the Premiership! The good thing is that your finances will continue to grow at an alarming rate, just because your contracts are so low and the income is massive. Hopefully you can increase your facilities and stadium and become one of the biggest teams now :)

Stadium increased to 15k might just asked for a new one now i have the funds to do so :D

yeah he came through there aswell cant remember when didn't think much of him first but couple seasons on he was better than Jiminez my other good defender. what do you mean why would i scrap it that's the whole point of the challenge to get your team to EPL and CL Glory using only your youth players

I meant, naming them YPs etc etc. Wasn't clear, sorry.

Well done Toony, hope i'm in the same position as you some day (i doubt it like). And LiverpoolG well done on a good result, I got off to a good start like that myself and then the injuries hit and your forced to play a striker as a left back and your only subs are your two reserve goalkeepers :( . Oh well roll on march when I get my first round of youth graduates. whoop whoop!

Kingstonian - BSS - 2012/13

A solid and unspectaular season resulted in us finishing 16th in the league, despite for most of the season only having 13 or 14 players available.

Out of both cups at the first hurdle, but as I had such a small squad, I'm not to bothered about that as it meant less games, so I could keep the players rested a little bit more.

At the beginning of March, I got my junior coaching upgraded to adequate. While I wasn't expecting to have many players coming through worth looking at, I was pleasently surprised by the players I did get, as it meant I now had cover for a few positions. Nathan Skinner (report card) got the YP tag, as he's tipped to be a good BSP player in the future, just shading the other 2 players who are rated at 5 star PA, as they are tipped to be leading BSS players.

1 final thing, proof I'm not cheating.

Oh, I've still got £330k in the bank, so with another money spinning pre-season, I'll hopefully get a few upgrades next season.

Doing well for a side that you would bet to get relegated. Hovering at about 10th or 11th right now, I'll try to push for a promotion spot! Early successes with a relatively bad squad. Injury problems as well, with my best defender being out, soooooo many defensive problems going on! I think we would be top 6 for sure if my defense learned to successfully back pass or not give away penalties.

Suttonunited.png

FM11 - Sutton United FC 2015/16 Season Update - Blue Square Bet Premier - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - BSS, 1st, FA Trophy 2nd Round, BSS Champions!

2012/13 - BSP, 2nd, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 4th Round, Lost in BSP Playoff Final

2013/14 - BSP, 14th, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round

2014/15 - BSP, 16th, FA Cup 2nd Round, FA Trophy Winners!

2015/16 - BSP, 2nd, FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round, Promotion!

2016/17 - League Two, FA Cup 1st Round, Carling Cup 1st Round, JPT South 1st Round

46 Pld, 6 Won, 8 Drn, 32 Lst, 35 For, 103 Ag, -68 GD, 26 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

I knew League 2 was going to be tough, but after a couple of wins early in the season, the team managed to go an incredible 22 games without winning, and relegation was never really in doubt, with the side finishing in 24th place, only 3 points away from 23rd place, but a massive 20 points from safety.

2017 League Table and Graph

Star Players

Fan's Player of the Year - Simon Whaley

Due to regular fan favorite Nicholas being injured for large parts of the season, this award went to 31 year old winger Whaley, who probably isn't the best player in the squad, but still managed 7 goals, 9 assists and 3 MoM from 50 appearances at 6.56 - not great reading, but sadly he was the top scorer for the side

Most Promising U18 Player - Jordan Williams

This 18 year old striker was picked out by my assistant manager last season as the pick of the bunch, and for once I think he was on to a winner - although given his potential is only for 'a decent League Two player', I'll have to see how he improves next season.

2017 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Finances / Facilities

Whilst this season was a failure on the field, it was actually quite a success off the field. First, the board finally agreed to go Professional at the start of the season. Then, after a couple of big cup games against League 1 teams, and the Premier League solidarity payment of $250k, I managed to get my finances over $500k, enough for the board to approve the construction of a Youth Academy! By the end of the season the balance was back down to $290k, but by then the board had already begun construction on the academy, and it was too late to cancel it!

2017 Finances

Pitch Conditions: Very Poor

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Basic

So, whilst relegation from League 2 wasn't a complete surprise, it was still disappointing, and I'm hoping to bounce back up next season, hopefully with a batch of promising youngsters out of my soon to be constructed youth academy!

2017 New Club Records

Highest League Position: 24th in League Two

Average Attendance: 2,363

Most Games Lost in Row: 8 - 31.12.2016 to 11.2.2017

Most Games Without Winning: 22 - 28.12.2016 to 29.4.2017

Most Games Without Scoring: 4 - 10.9.2016 to 27.9.2016

Worst Discipline: Gary White - 16 yellow cards / 2 red cards

Most League Apps for Club: Kevin Scriven - 316

Most League Goals for Club: Sam Gargan - 104

I am a little behind on updating and will rectify that either this evening or tomorrow evening.

However, just jumped into the game real quick and received this offer!!!

sambryantbid.png

So, Sam Bryant is the heartbeat of my team. Without giving away spoilers of my overdue updates, he has won player of the year honors for a particular division just recently and averaged over 7.50 for the season.

My coaching reports grade him as a good to leading Championship MC, with the potential to now be a good Premier League MC (original youth intake potential report gave good Championship MC).

Now here comes the BUT. But, he only has 11 months left on his contract and while he will open negotiations with me, even if I offer the max amount for every option, he (well, his agent) shuts down talks due to being too far off what the want.

I guess the only real reason for keeping him one more season is to try and climb another rung of the ladder before he leaves, but then I might (will!) be too far out of my depth without him.

He is currently worth 875k.

Presuming my only real recourse here is to sell, reinvest the cash in facility upgrades and move on?

Note:

The full non-negotiable offer is;

1.3m up front

2.6m over 24 months (108k a month)

20% of any profit from next sale clause

Arrange Friendly clause

Archived