One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

Well the Consortium has now taken over

Consortium.jpg

He has also pumped a lot of money in and I'm mean a lot,wonder what a tycoon would have put in!

Untitled-83.jpg

My Finances are now absolutely superb and we are now worth £1.16 billion :eek:

VitoriaBoardroom_Finances-10.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - December 2027

Fixtures

Untitled-84.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-104.png

Manager's Thoughts

Certainly been an interesting month,takeover is now complete and just have to wait about what my future holds.We won the Club World Cup with a brilliant performance in the semi finals but a rather poor performance in the final.We finished our Champions League group stage off in style as we beat Man Utd 3-0 to top the group,we will go on to face CSKA Moscow in the 1st Knockout Round.We hold a first leg lead over Sevilla in the Copa del Rey as we won 2-0,we have Ander Deiz back for the second leg but Sola is still suspended two more games.Poor performances in the league are starting to hamper us,we beat Athletic easily but we were really poor against Almeria in what I can only describe as a shameful display.The game against Las Palmas was better but was marred with another straight red for Iker Sola who will now miss three more games.

The new year is here and for January I will be finding out if I keep my job.We have the 2nd leg against Sevilla for which we have a stronger team not Diez is back,the league has given us six fixtures but that will probably change if we progress in the Copa del Rey.At the moment we are to face Celta,Zaragoza,Deportivo,Malaga,Valencia and Almeria.Iker Sola won't be back till the Malaga game which is the 16/1/28.All those should be winnable but there are elements of complacency slipping in which needs to disappear if we are to successfully chase Real Madrid down.

Iker Sola scored 13 in six last months but his sending off against Las Palmas annoyed me so I fined him a weeks wages as he injured yet another player and deserved the red card.He's on 74 goals for the season but I seriously doubt he will get anywhere near 150 due to all the games missed through suspension.His overall career goal tally stands at 1257 so needs 43 more to hit the 1300 mark which is doable.

A very unwanted guest showed up to my ground today.God damn security not doing their job properly

:D

Untitled-85.jpg

EDIT:I've been kept on as the new chairman was persuaded to keep me on.Guess the mob of Vitoria fans got to him first :D

deltablue - This is Football Manager,you have to expect the unexpected at times :D

Mikal - January has seen us go top for the first time in a long time.We did in style as we beat Valencia 15 - 0.We were massively helped with one of their players being sent off early and his replacement going off injured!

AK22 - We are currently 3rd in the list with £1.18 Billion,we are behind Real Madrid who have £1.2 Billion and Barcelona who have £ 1.33 billion.Arsenal are 4th with £528 million so there is quite the difference between 3rd and 4th.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - January 2028

Fixtures

Untitled-87.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-105.png

Manager's Thoughts

The Copa del Rey has been pretty straight forward with the exception to the 5th round 2nd leg against Sevilla,if we fail to make the final this season then I will quit playing Football Manager,this is very unlikely as we are 8-0 up against Getafe with the 2nd leg to go.The league has been pretty good for us even the defeat against Malaga has not stopped us.Ander Diez did brilliantly while filling in for the suspended Iker Sola and got 7 in 5 which was pretty good.The Valencia game was a freak scoreline and we had so much it was unbelievable as they had an early sending off then an injury to the guy who was filling in for the sending off!We finished the month off strongly as we looked to assert our authority on the league after being off top for a long time.

February sees us kick off the month with the semi-final 2nd leg against Getafe and we have a massive eight goal advantage which I don't see them getting close.The Champions League returns this month and we are away to CSKA Moscow in the 1st leg of the knockout which we should be able to win that as the Russians never seem to get very far.We have a tough league campaign as we face Barcelona and Real Madrid in the same month,I don't want to drop any points as it's been hard enough to get top spot back!We also face Deportivo,Alaves and Real Sociedad which are the much easier games to the months so I want a minimum of ten points this month as that will help massively.

Iker Sola returned with more then a bang,he was suspended for the first five games so didn't make his return till 19/1/28.In his four games,he hit an amazing 21 goals including a one man army display against Getafe as he scored all eight!I think the games he missed have actually helped him,if he can carry on like this then I don't think anyone can stop him!He is now on 95 goals for the season and 1278 goals for his overall career tally.He needs 22 more goals to hit the 1300 mark which if he carries on like this then it's the case of when he hits it!

15-0 over Valencia. :D You've got to be kidding me, this is getting ridiculous, albeit I think your squad is a little inconsistent because you can't lose to Málaga then beat Valencia 15-0 only two games later. :D

As if this career wasn't insane enough, having a tycoon taking over the club in a youth challenge is mental. :D

SRL88 - To be fair,they finished the match with 9 men due to sending off and injury when all subs had been used.It could have been worse as Sola missed a penalty then skied the rebound.

noikeee - My team is getting weird,but I put the loss down to Malaga down complacency from Bodipo and it was his mistakes that led to two of their goals,the Valencia game was Bodipo's first game out due to injury so Inaki Aguirre has been looking to impress.

He isn't even regarded as a tycoon which makes me wonder how much a tycoon takeover would have gave me!Although the money there can be used for a future stadium as it's not like I will be using it!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - February 2028

Fixtures

Untitled-88.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-106.png

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect month for us as we won practically every game convincingly with exception to the Barcelona game where our finishing won it for us.We finished Getafe off in the Copa del Rey against Malaga who are one of two teams to beat us this season!We've made a good start in the Champions League with a 4-0 win against CSKA Moscow (was originally 7-0 but computer crashed!) so I am pretty confident that we will get through to the next round.Perfection was acquired in the league as we won every game without conceding!If I was to pick a highlight out of the league games,it would be the 7-0 against Real Sociedad,this is due to Jose Luis Bueno scoring his first league goal from 25 yards out!

March is here and it the last easy month we will have for a while but I will still need to play to our best to ensure no slip ups happen like what nearly happened at the end of last season.We are in a strong position in the Champions League as we hold a 4-0 advantage going into the 2nd leg which is at our ground.The league sees us with games against Jaen,Sevilla,Deportivo,Getafe and Osasuna so not exactly like a threatening month especially with facing the three in the relegation zone at the current moment.The fixtures are more then likely to change if we get through to the Quarter finals in the Champions League but whatever happens,I am pretty confident about this month.

Iker Sola continued to bang them in as he hit 17 goals this month to take his tally to 112 for the season which gives him a career tally of 1295 goals.There is a very slim chance he won't make the 1300 mark next month which would consists of early red cards or a season ending injury which I hope none of these will happen.1500 should definitely be hit by 2030 if he can carry on like this.He does turn 30 at the start of next season so it could be possible to see what he wants to become in the future.

deltablue - It's been a weird season to be fair,some times we are consistent with around three goals then we have a consistent spell of 4+ goals a game!

AK22 - It's still an improvement on last season where we drew three and lost four :D

The banging them in has been a bit more quieter in March,this with sloppy defensive work has made me pretty mad.Especially with nearly dropping points against Jaen and drawing with Sevilla.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Youth Candidate Day 2028

The Candidates

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-13.png

The Hot Prospects

1.Giorgos Kissonergis

2.Inaki Martinez

3.Oier Vallejo - Labelled the next Nolito

Manager's Thoughts

One player who will be a key player in the future in Cypriot striker Kissonegris,I will be looking to play two up front in the future with Kissonegris and Cristobal (Last year product!) as my two up front.Martinez and Vallejo will be back up players in the future and I don't really see them being any more then that as we are quite loaded in midfield and on the wings.We have been able to get another Cypriot in as we have a coach of the same nationality so it could be good for the Cyprus national team if we have more through in the future.I should be able to start changing the first XI in around three to four seasons in which I will probably look to revert to a two up front formation.Nothing really much this year as a nation overall as it was probably a guarantee that it would fall after last seasons amazing prospects.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - March 2028

Fixtures

Untitled-89.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-107.png

Managers Thoughts

Excellent performances in the Champions League,we finished CSKA Moscow off with a 6-0 win in the 2nd leg to give us a 10-0 agg victory,we now face P.S.G in the quarter finals and we have an impressive 4-0 lead from the first leg so we are in a strong position to got through.The league saw us start the month off slowly with us dropping points at Sevilla as well.I decided to give Sola the day off against Getafe so he would be ready for the CL match,Cristobal showed glimpses of his potential as he scored twice against Getafe.Still pretty close between us and Real Madrid but we do have a game in hand which could be key.

April is here and it is a very tough month.We face Athletic,Las Palmas and At.Madrid during the month but we have also faced all relegation battlers so we are now facing mid to higher placed teams so we need to be at our absolute best otherwise Real Madrid may be able to capitalize on any mistakes.We are in a strong position to go through to the semi-finals as we lead P.S.G 4-0 after the first leg,we only need to score one goal to near enough guarantee to go through where we will face the winners of Tottenham vs Porto (Porto lead 1-0 after first leg!).

Iker Sola's month saw him go pass the 1300 career goal mark as he now sits on 1308 overall and he has not hit 30 yet so that is brilliant news.He scored 12 for Vitroia during the month as well as a goal for Spain in their recent friendly.His tally for the season is 124 goals in 41 appearances for club and 10 goals in 8 appearances for Spain (Overall International stats,95 Caps and 173 goals).

iheadhuntax - Cheers fella!He does look like he could be something special.

ak22 - Kisso can be the Cypriot version of Sola while Cristobal can be the Spanish version :D

cerud - Cheers fella :D CL this season is quite interesting,I've already mentioned our score and the Porto-Tottenham score.The other Quarter finals stand at Barcelona 2-1 Inter and Norwich 2-1 Malaga.Norwich in the Quarter finals,who would have thought it!

SRL88 - Cheers fella :D

Dexter_Morgan - Don't say it too loud otherwise his fanboys will come after you :D He does,looks like we could be essential to the future of Cyprus's national team.

Mikal - I am expecting a possible international cap in the near future for him.Thanks mate!

Just a quick Champions League update,we put another six past P.S.G as we won 11-2 on agg and will go onto face Porto who knocked out Tottenham!

The other Semi-Final sees Barcelona vs Norwich!Norwich are currently second in the Premier League behind Man City!Their key player is Pat Cousins who they signed form Tottenham for £4.8 million in the 23/24 season.

Sorry deltablue,Norwich drew 0-0 in the second leg after withstanding a barrage so they go through to face us in the final.My only problem is that Angelo Roman,Daniel Reuter,Miguel Angel Rodriguez and Iker Sola are all suspended for the game,that is a massive blow!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - April 2028

Fixtures

Untitled-90.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-108.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well we wrapped the title up on what was my 1000th game in management and my 915th for Vitoria.The league was pretty brilliant,especially the 8-1 victory over Basque rivals Bilbao,the low was definitely losing 2-1 to Las Palmas as they managed one shot! in the entire game!We finished off PSG in style to move on in the Champions League to the semis as we won 6-2 on the night giving us a 11-2 agg victory.The Semi final saw a dull 0-0 draw in the first leg and even though we won the second leg 3-1,we massively under performed but still moved on.The final sees us face English high flyers Norwich,this has been made extra tricky as we are missing Roman,Reuter,Rodriguez and Sola due to suspension!

The final month is here and it kicks off with the Copa del Rey final against Malaga,this will be tough as they are one of the teams who have beat us in the league this season.I am quite relieved we have the title wrapped up as we face both Malaga and At.Madrid in the league which would have been really tough for us,the other team was Osasuna which is the most winnable out of the three.We also have the small matter of the Champions League final against Norwich but it has been made quite tricky as we are missing four players through suspension.They are currently second in the premier league so I cannot afford to underestimate them and I hate to say it but they stand as good as chance as Malaga do for ruining things for us.

Iker Sola has a quieter month as he hit 18 goals in 9 appearances which takes tally to 142 for the season and gives him a career tally of 1326 goals which is brilliant.Would have scored more this season but he has missed a lot due to suspension (Seven games so far,will be eight including the Champions League final).Never did I think he would have got this far by 29 years old,my only problem is that I didn't employ this tactic earlier in the save as he could have had more.

cerud - They made the Champions League final knowing that they haven't won a single damn thing since the save began :D

john1 - Cheers fella :D The game becomes fantasy as soon as you hit the continue button,Norwich being in the Champions League finals is one extreme,the other is Liverpool just avoiding relegation in League 1!

cerud - They made the Champions League final knowing that they haven't won a single damn thing since the save began :D

john1 - Cheers fella :D The game becomes fantasy as soon as you hit the continue button,Norwich being in the Champions League finals is one extreme,the other is Liverpool just avoiding relegation in League 1!

Better luck next year then :D

If they were playing, maybe not, but the suspension list (including Sola) is rather long. For a while I've been resigned to the contrast in fortunes between us and them (even in FM, when Norwich don't do much but Ipswich are League 1 regulars), but this is something else.

Don't worry,even with the Suspension of Roman,Reuter,Angel Rodgriguez and Sola,we still beat them 3-0 with a Ander Diez hat-trick so was really pleased that he filled Sola's spot with ease.The only way they have become this good is through the AI management,they have picked up some right bargains which have helped them move up in England.

Archived