One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

I liked the bit that said "Iker Sola had a quiter month as he hit 18 goals in 9 appearances" ;):D Just the 18 in 9.

No signs of a son yet? Obviously apart from the Spanish/Basque youths, what country are the other youth candidates coming from over the years? I saw a Cypriot in your last youth update.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Sola,think he's going to start winding down now,he will be 30 at the start of next season :D

I do have a son,which is below.He came through in Youth Candidate Day March 2024,incidentally he came through with another Extebarria,Oscar who is my 2nd choice keeper but not related.

YonEtxebarriaOverview_Profile-2.png

We have had a few.We've had two Cypriots (Andreas Savvidis and Giorgos Kissonegris),One Luxembourger (Daniel Reuter),One Canadian (Angelo Roman),One Dutch (Jaimy Mulder),Spanish/Basque/Equatorial Guinean (Rodolfo Bodipo) and a Spanish/Basque/Mexican (Mikel Rodriguez).

cerud - Cheers :D First one I've ever had on any CM/FM game :lol:

noikeee - I don't know,Norwich came 2nd in the Premier League and I did have four players suspended :D Cheers fella!

Will get the end of season up date done some point on Monday,along with Iker Sola scoring chart,Pre-season update and August!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - End of Season - 2027/28

2027/28 Transfers

Main Player to leave was Inigo Santos who left for £25 million,he wouldn't stay and kept moaning for a new challenge so off he went.Santano and Garcia also left permanently for money as they were never going to get a lot of first team action and it was only fair to let them go but I have put sell on clauses so we will get 50% of their next sale if they move.Rodriguez,Iturri and Imaz all left on loan but we got a fee for their services so that will be added to the eventual new stadium fund!Those who left on free were u19's who were never going to make it at the club.£33.5 million wasn't a bad income and it actually tops our income for transfers for one season.

Competitions

Liga BBVA

League Table

Was quite surprising to begin with as we had our longest spell with out hitting top spot as it was January before we got to first place.Real Madrid managed to mess things up badly to my great relief,the gap should have been smaller then nine points so I took the title again.Things will only get closer as the seasons go on and we will be going through a phase of bringing in younger players to fill in for the older players.This will be more difficult as I don't buy players,I bring them through so they will not have the quality as players who have been brought so I think we will lose the title in the near future but it wont be by much as the youngsters who have been exposed have gained experience which can only help them.

Champions League

Winners

We topped a group containing Man Utd,Galatasaray and Sturm Graz with a 5-1-0 record and scoring 33 goals in the process.We faced CSKA Moscow in the first knockout and the gave us no challenge what so ever as we ran out 10-0 agg winners.The Quarter finals saw us play oil rich P.S.G,they had the players to cause us trouble but the didn't really do so,we ran out 11-2 winners when it came to aggregate in which they only scored twice in the 2nd leg due to defensive blunders.The semi-final against Porto was a much tougher test and they actually stopped us scoring in the first leg as we drew 0-0,they were no match for us in the 2nd leg as we won 3-1 and could have won by more if we finished our chances.We had four first teamers missing for the final against Norwich so we were weakened but I think the occasion got to Norwich as they couldn't cope even if we were poor by our usual high standards,Ander Diez filling in for the suspended Iker Sola netted a hat-trick to give us victory.

Club World Cup

Winners

Easy as always but I can sum this tournament up in two words,brilliant and awful.We were brilliant in the semi-final against New Zealand side Waitakere Utd as we ran out 14-0 winners.The final was pretty disappointing as we never got out of 2nd gear with the exception of Sola who netted the hat-trick.Even though we won,I still gave the players a rocket up the ass as we didn't kill the game as quick as I'd have liked.

Euro Supercup

Winners

This game was frustrating as they had basically set out to defend in great numbers and it really infuriated me.Iker Sola clearly didn't read the script of being kept out as he hit a brace to help us to victory,At.Madrid's goal came in injury time which was annoying as we deserved a clean sheet which was clearly not to be.

Copa del Rey

Winners

We did brilliantly up in the run to the final,the 4th round saw us knock out Peurtollano with a 17-0 agg victory,we beat Sevilla 3-0 on agg in the 5th round and gave Basque rivals Real Sociedad and 8-0 beating on aggregate.The semi-finals saw our most impressive victory yet as we knocked out Getafe 13-1 on aggregate to set up a final with Malaga.The final itself was a drab affair and definitely not one of our best,that was a sub par performance from us and we still won the cup,shows you how poor Malaga were on the day as well as they had performed much better in the league.

Supercopa

Winners

Valencia never posed a threat in either of the legs.We will never have an easier Supercopa victory as that is how poor Valencia were and how good we were.

Players and Statistics

Best XI 27/28 - Overall Best XI

First Team Statistics

Top Goalscorer

Iker Sola - 147

Most Assists

Sergio Perez - 63

Special Mention

Miguel Angel Rodriguez - Inaki Aguirre - Eneko Santos - Andreas Savvidis - Ander Diez

Manager's Thoughts

We completed our fifth clean sweep on the run and what I probably think will be our last as the opposition are becoming stronger,if it wasn't for Real Madrid messing up badly then they could have took the league title but we held our nerve to claim it.One thing to note was some of the youngsters stepping their game up,mainly Inaki Aguirre and Andreas Savvidis who will probably replace Bodipo and Romero in about two seasons probably.Another player to step up was Jaimy Mulder who will probably take Ricardo Santamaria's place in about two seasons as well.Mulder at the end of the season earned his first full Dutch cap so he will definitely takeover the DM spot with ease.We are definitely in a the phase of bringing the new guard in and will take a few seasons as I've almost got all the eventual replacements and working on a new formation.

My one major concern is the new chairman,he is loaded and has given us a £316 million transfer budget for the new season but he won't upgrade the training facilities after they were downgraded due to technological advances.Least I know we have the money for a new stadium which we should have an announcement around 2036 which is still a long time away.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
2016/17     Liga Adelante          2nd        4th Rnd        N/A            900              Promoted!
2017/18      Liga BBVA            12th        5th Rnd        N/A            900              Survival!
2018/19      Liga BBVA             5th        5th Rnd        N/A          11771        Europa League Qualification! 
2019/20      Liga BBVA             6th        WINNERS      Quarters       11343            Won a trophy! 
2020/21      Liga BBVA             1st         Semis       WINNERS        11838             Won Double!
2021/22      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS       Semis         17450           Domestic Double!
2022/23      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNNRS        23066             Won Treble!
2023/24      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNERS        28854            Clean Sweep!
2024/25      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNERS        30919            Clean Sweep!
2025/26      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNERS        30917            Clean Sweep!
2026/27      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNERS        30877            Clean Sweep!
2027/28      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNERS        30910            Clean Sweep!

Wow, never had a son either!

As I said,it's my first one so I am real honoured he is an actual good player.I did favour him quite a bit by selling off a rival DR and making him second choice to begin with.Now the hard bit for me is getting to an acceptable rating for the WBR position for the new formation :D

Iker Sola - How many will he eventually get!

Season Apps Goals Av.R
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 9 5 7.07
2014/15 45 12 6.90
2015/16 43 35 7.48
2016/17 39 13 6.94
2017/18 36 20 7.15
2018/19 24 15 7.33
2019/20 51 29 7.27
2020/21 59 49 7.46
2021/22 58 78 8.11
2022/23 55 106 8.57
2023/24 57 150 9.00
2024/25 59 159 9.14
2025/26 61 181 9.05
2026/27 55 161 9.09
2027/28 54 147 8.95

International 101 179

TOTAL 807 1339

All the games he missed were down to one thing and that was suspension.I think he missed eight or nine games through it as well so hitting 147 was impressive considering the facts.He is now 29 and I am hoping he can go on a Cristiano Ronaldo style career (retired at 38!).If he can do that then I reckon he could actually get to 200 but 1700 is still my primary target for the time bing.

His needs 61 to hit 1400 career goals which he should easily do barring a massive season ending injury right at the start of the season.He needs 161 for the next major milestone of 1500 goals which is possible if we include international goals but that is dependant on the new Spanish manager after Spain flopped at Euro 2028 as they were knocked out in the 2nd round by Albania!He will definitely hit 1500 in the next season though.

Now for a bit of minor bad news,I wanted to get the pre-season update and start of the season updates done but I've hit a problem with my laptop.The charger port has decided it doesn't want to work so I need to get it checked out.

The good news is I have the save backed up to memory stick in case the worst does happen so the saves will not be lost.I know it's not my charger as it works on my bros laptop so all I can do is hope for the best!

I will try me best to get the pre-season update done but if the worst happens then I apologize now!

Euro 2028 is over and it is always nice to feel wanted but not interested in international management even if one of the nations as had me as a manager!

Untitled-91.jpg

Spain - Flopped and knocked out by Albania in the 2nd Round

Italy - Didn't do too bad,knocked out in the semi-final by England.

England - Won the tournament with a 2-0 victory over Croatia,Jorge McHugh (a regen who took over when he was 64!) retired straight after!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Pre-Season - 2028/29

Club Overview - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

Untitled-92.jpg

Not the best we had but the Olympics seem to have took priority with having anyone under 23 in my squad at the Olympics and having to deal with Zubillaga and Aranburu being at the Olympics as the overage players.

The Team

Tactics - Team Report

Key Players

Jose Zubillaga

Angelo Roman

Daniel Reuter

Iker Sola

Not much change regarding the team,I will be no longer loaning players out as we have 26 in the first team but players Cristobal and Mulder won't need to be registered so that actually leaves us with a gap for registration.The only change in the key players is that Candian Angelo Roman is now regarded as the best defender in the team so not takes Romero's place as a key player.

Manager's Thoughts

Think we are as ready as we can be,some of the players will have more match fitness then others due to the Olympics which could be rather helpful as we may avoid the rustiness of some of the other teams.I now have a squad of 26 but have players in the first team who won't need to be registered.Not much to wish for this season as it is a case of try and hold back the chasing teams.Real Madrid have spent the most money so I am fully expecting them to be more of a pain in the ass then last season.Barcelona have added a couple of quality players,Las Palmas have added one but they didn't really need much improvement as their youngsters are starting to come through.

Will certainly be an interesting season where my main focus will be on retaining the league and Champions League with the others not being a priority,if we win them then it's a bonus.Nothing can be done at the club at the moment as the board won't upgrade the training facilities after they were downgraded and we still have ages to the announcement of a new stadium let alone moving into one.We are the best team in the World and now there is only Barcelona above us in the rich list which is my next target,to become the richest team in the world,we only need about £120 million to be added to takeover them!

With the regards to luck,there's a first time for everything :D

Yon was the 2nd best out of the Youth Candidates.The best was Oscar Extebarria who is a goalkeeper but you can't have everything.Unfortunately,I don't think our team will continue to **** over Real who will be a major headache for the most part but Barca will be further down though.

Sola will keep on Sola-ing,he will hit the 1500 goal mark even if he needs a zimmer frame to do so :p

deltablue - It's Sola,anything is possible with him :D

SRL88 - Could be,we have the Supercopa and Euro Super cup in the bag.The Euro Super Cup was a pretty amazing result as we destroyed Arsenal 7-1!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - August 2028

Fixtures

Untitled-93.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-110.png

Manager's Thoughts

One month down,two trophies wrapped up.We won the Supercopa with more of a struggle than in recent seasons but I put that down to poor defending in the second leg so I went absolutely ballistic at the end of the match.The Euro Super Cup was a performance I have never seen my team give against an English side,never did I think we would beat Arsenal 7-1!The league started okay,we beat Sevilla 3-0 but we now have a game in hand due to our participation in the Euro Super Cup otherwise we would probably be higher up.

September brings the return of the Champions League,I am expecting to qualify with ease as we have a group containing Roma,Galatasaray and Kobenhavn (otherwise known as Copenhagen).Familiar with Galatasaray and the Danes but I have never actually faced Roma so don't really know what to expect.The league is quite simple bar exception to one game,we face Zaragoza,Real Sociedad and Espanyol.The exception to this is Real Madrid and I really don't want to lose that as it will probably mean chasing them down again!

Iker Sola is now in his 30's and that hasn't stopped him scoring even if he has started off slowly with hitting 10 goals in 4 games and has received only one booking!He currently sits on 1349 career goals so only needs 51 more to hit 1400 which I think he can get that done by the end of December!Now he is 30,I can now see his long term plans,he definitely wants to stay in football but wants to try his hand at Management so will look to get him in a player/coach role around 33/34 unless he decides to retire sooner.

It's continued as well,we just beat Real Madrid 3-1 on the 17/9 so it's going brilliantly so far.Ander Diez on AML and Iker Sola up front has been absolutely lethal so far,Diez has played 6 times scoring 8 goals and has now become the number 1 AML over Sergio Perez!Sola is up to 19 goals for the season.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - September 2028

Fixtures

Untitled-94.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-111.png

Manager's Thoughts

Kicked off the CL in style with a 9-0 win over Kobenhavn before beating Roma 3-0 in what was our toughest fixture in the group so we should be able to get six out of six.The brilliant start has continued in the league as we got vital victories over Real Madrid and Las Palmas which have helped claim top spot.We also recorded victories over Zaragoza,Real Sociedad and Espanyol with the latter two annoying me as we let in late goals when we should have had a clean sheet.We have a two point lead and a game in hand so we have made a very strong start.

October is a simpler month,we have the one game in the Champions League away to Galatasaray which is definitely winnable considering our record against Turkish teams.The league fixtures appear to be simpler as we face Almeria,Valencia,Cadiz,Numancia and Getafe so nothing really to threatening there.The biggest test will probably be against Valencia as they appear to have improved quite a bit.

Iker Sola continued to bang them in as he hit 20 goals in the month of September to take his tally to 30 for the season,he also scored three on international duty during the month which helps take his overall goal tally to 1372 goals in his career and only needs 28 more to hit 1400 which will probably be now done by the end of November and needs 128 more for the next big milestone of 1500!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - October 2028

Fixtures

Untitled-95.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-112.png

Manager's Thoughts

One stand out result of the month and that was the 3-0 defeat to Valencia,Sola was sent off and they showed better finishing than us but it was a harsh defeat losing by a goal or two would have been fair but three was just overkill.Other then that,it was a pretty solid month as we beat Galatasaray 4-1 with 10 men as Bodipo was sent off.The Copa del Rey saw us win 9-0 against Ceuta which also saw another red card for our team as Andreas Savvidis was sent off late on but victory was already secured and we're practically through.The league is currently a three horse race between ourselves and both Madrid teams so we can't afford too many slip ups now.

November should be a simple thing regarding the second leg of the Copa del Rey and we should see ourselves qualify through to the knockout stages as we face Galatasaray (H) and FC Kobenhavn (A) so we only need to win one of those matches.The league has one stand out fixture and that is the one against At.Madrid on the 18/11 and I really want to get something to help us as the season progresses.We have other games against Sporting,Athletic and Numancia in which Athletic will probably the most trick of those games but I have confidence we can win against these teams.

Iker Sola scored 13 goals in 4 appearances during the month and has missed two league games due to the straight red card he received against Valencia.His international performances saw him hit 5 goals including a 4 goal haul against Italy.He currently sits on 43 goals for the season but that should go a lot higher of he can avoid any more suspensions.He stands on 1390 goals in his career and needs 10 more for 1400 in which I am pretty confident he can do it this month.Also an interesting thing to note,Sola lives up to his name by playing up front by himself,Sola when translated from Spanish to English (Google translation)translates into Single which is quite funny as he is our single striker in the formation.

Dexter_Morgan - He is indeed but if he keeps scoring like he does then I won't mind.He's had 15 red cards and 188 yellow cards in his career to date so that is a lot of bans,he probably would have already exceeded 1500 by quite a bit!

SRL88 - It was bound to happen,I've only had one league season where I remained unbeaten :D Although losing 3-0 was my heaviest defeat since we lost to Barcelona 4-1 on 5/4/20 which was over 8 years ago!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - November 2028

Fixtures

Untitled-96.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-113.png

Manager's Thoughts

First off the cup competitions,we finished off Ceuta with a 13-0 victory in the 2nd leg which gave us a 22-0 agg victory.We qualified in style in the Champions League as we recorded massive victories over both Galatasaray and Kobenhavn which leaves one game left against Roma.Our league form was pretty good as we won three and drew one.The game against At.Madrid was a brilliant victory while the draw against Athletic was one of those games where the opposition keeper decides to play a blinder!

December is here and we have quite a busy month as we have the Club World Cup,Roma in the final group game in the CL and Sevilla in the first leg of the Copa del Rey for cup competitions.In the league we face Barcelona and Celta in which one is a very hard game and the other will be a tricky game as Celta are over performing so far so we will need to win both to try and keep the pressure off us but who knows what will happen this season.

Iker Sola had a storming month as he netted 29 goals in 6 appearances!He also netted a goal in the November friendlies for Spain to take this months tally to 30 goals.Sola currently sits on 69 goals for the season which is pretty brilliant as he is averaging 3.28 goals a game at club level.He also passed the 1400 mark and sits on 1417 so now only needs 83 goals to reach the next major milestone of 1500 goals.

Carel Fabritius - He plays the lone striker role brilliantly,he gets most of the chances and normally converts most of them.Cheers fella :D

deltablue - He only played due to his suspension in the league,this was his punishment :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - December 2028

Fixtures

Untitled-97.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-114.png

Manager's Thoughts

The league didn't exactly go according to plan as Barcelona beat us which has left things really close between the top four,we beat Celta in the other game but was below par for it.We finished the Champions League group in style as we beat Roma 6-0 to leave us with a 100% win rate in the group,we've been given a tricky tie in the knockout stage as we face Inter Milan.The Copa del Rey saw Sola being the only player from our first XI on the pitch and we still gave Sevilla a good hiding and gives us a strong lead going into the second leg.The Club World Cup was easy and we didn't really break a sweat,Ismaily can consider themselves lucky as we could of and should of hit double figures.America were surprise finalists after beating Boca Juniors but they were no match as we recorded our 6th Club World Cup victory.

January is a tricky month as we face an under achieving Malaga and a high flying At.Baleares in the league,we also have league games against Almeria and Sevilla which will be two tricky games as well.Things could change and there could be more games played if we can dispose of Sevilla in the second leg of the Copa del Rey in which we lead 4-1 and will be going in for the kill as soon as the game kicks off to ensure we go through.It's pretty close at the top so we cannot afford to drop many points if we are to stay top.

Iker Sola averaged at three goals per game in December as he netted 18 goals in his 6 appearances,he could have had more as he hit the woodwork four times in the Club World Cup!His tally for the season currently stands at 87 goals in 27 appearances and his overall goal scoring tally stands at 1435,he could potentially hit the 1500 mark this season if he can carry on scoring like he has done as he needs just 65 more goals!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - January 2029

Fixtures

Untitled-98.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-115.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well that's annoying,we won every league game and yet Real Madrid are still right behind us,Deportivo was the highlight of the month in the league as we beat them 8-0 with Sola getting sent off!The Copa del Rey saw us put in some fantastic performances as we beat Barcelona 6-0 and Zaragoza 8-0 with the latter seeing us win with 10 men after Bodipo was sent off with a straight red.We're now through to the final and will face At.Madrid who will be just as tough as always.Iturri covered Sola pretty well and is averaging two goals a games with stats of 10 goals in 5 appearances.

February brings back the Champions League and we will travel to the San Siro for the first leg against Inter Milan which I will be looking to get the advantage and claim one or two away goals.The league campaign is pretty tough as we face Real Madrid in what could help decide the fate of the title and we face high flying Las Palmas who are looking to claim a Champions League spot.We also face Zaragoza,Real Sociedad and Malaga which appear to be the easier of the games for the month.

Iker Sola continued his scoring run as he hit 17 goals in 6 games.He didn't play them all as he was sent off in the game against Deportivo after scoring twice.His season total stands at 104 goals in 33 games and his overall goal tally stands at 1452 goals which means he only needs 48 more goals to hit the 1500 mark which I think is definitely possible this season if you include the international games he will play.Can't say I expected him to hit that mark by the age of 30.

Archived