One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope,£120 million transfer budget would take a large chunk out of our finances but at the moment we have £261 million in the bank so that would leave us with around £141 million in the bank!

Got to say again what you have done with this team is amazing B.W.G. Can I ask how hard you've found the resistance not to sign anyone at all? My save now and my RGOUR Minsk one were both really limited when I started but as time goes on it does get tempting to endulge a bit. My RGOUR was just like this at the beginning but injury plagued players left me with no choice which was a shame, but they had better facilities to be able to take the risk, Olimpija on the other hand i'm struggling with good players in a few positions and been offered or have scouted some potential gems away from my original plan of former Yugoslavian players and i'm really tempted to give in at the moment. I'm not saying I am going to give in this time but is really hard :D

I'm highly disciplined and self motivated,if I want to do it to set rules then I will do it.So I guess karate has actually paid off :D I also look at motivational quotes to help keep me going,my personal favourite is by Ayn Rand and goes "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."

In other news,Real Madrid have been really embarrassed and made Spanish teams in Europe look bad as well....idiots!

ViktoriaPlzevRMadridInformation_Overview.png

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - August 2027

Fixtures

Untitled-78.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-100.png

Manager's Thoughts

Not really much to say,we did what we needed to.We are in a very strong position as we hold a six goal advantage over Valencia going into the second leg of the Supercopa.We got the league season off to a solid start as we again beat Valencia but this time 3-0 in which we should have won by a lot more.The Euro Supercup was frustrating even though we won,we should have won by a lot more but our finishing was atrocious,At.Madrid didn't help matters by playing 3 DC's,2 wing backs and 1 DM in their own half!Sold another player in 23 year old David Garcia,he was sold to Athletic for £1.3 million which was just above his value which takes our income to £33.5 million for transfers.

September sees the return of the Champions League and we have a fairly easy group containing Galatasaray,Sturm Graz and Man Utd in which we should top that group.We start off at home to Galatasaray before playing Man Utd away.We have the second leg of the Supercopa against Valencia in which we should have already done enough to win the competition.The league starts of very tough with games against Barcelona and Real Madrid but it is important to get the harder games out of the way first,the last two league games are against Real Sociedad and Alaves which appear to be a lot simpler so I am expecting points in those two games.

Sola has hit seven in his first three games and got one at international level,so not too bad a start from the 29 year old.This takes his tally to 1184 overall and 1020 goals for Vitoria and there seems to be no signs of stopping now.Hopefully he can avoid any long injuries and suspensions like last season to help get him as far as possible.

You will have someone similar eventually.With playing in San Marino,it takes a lot more building up than it does with Spain but with patience you should be able to do it :D

Cheers fella :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - September 2027

Fixtures

Untitled-79.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-101.png

Manager's Thoughts

Another month,another trophy as we destroyed Valencia against to win the Supercopa 11-0 on aggregate.The Champions League kicked off and we should really be two for two but we were screwed against Man Utd so not much to do then win the rest of the games to make sure we are top!We beat Barcelona 2-0 which was a brilliant performance then the following week we had our worst performance for a long time as we lost 2-0 to Real Madrid in which we were never at the races.Unfortunately Real Sociedad and Alaves felt my wrath as I was in a stonker,I don't think either team figured out what hit them till after we had finished.We are in sixth but we have a game in hand so it is still really close but Real Madrid going out early in Europe has turned into a blessing in disguise much to my dismay.

October is now here and it appears to be a simpler month as we face Sturm Graz in out only CL match which I want to win by any means possible.We appear to have a lot of league games this month as we face Jaen,Sevilla,Getafe,Deportivo and Osasuna so this is probably the simpler of months we will have.Unfortunately for Jaen,they will have to deal with a pumped up Vitoria side as I stuck a rocket up the players ass after drawing with Man Utd.We are at takeover attempt number four and nothing concrete has happened yet so who knows when we will actually be taken over.

Iker Sola hit form this month as he bagged six in two for Spain and fifteen in seven for Vitoria.His Spanish stats now sit at 90 caps and 170 goals,for Vitoria he stands on 10 appearances and 28 goals.His overall Career tally so far is 752 appearances and 1211 goals!There appears to be no stopping him so only 89 more goals till he hits the 1300 mark!

deltablue - We are slowly and currently sit in the top three behind Malaga and Real Madrid.

Mikal - Cheers fella :D My only problem is that Real Madrid keep on winning and are 9/9 so I'm still chasing them.In a quite a funny way,the Real Soicedad manager must have done the same,after we beat them 11-0,they went and beat Jaen 8-1!

The chase is on,I'll hunt them down eventually.I thought it would come within the next two seasons as well.Just makes the league more entertaining as no one is safe from my wrath :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - October 2027

Fixtures

Untitled-80.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-102.png

Manager's Thoughts

A perfect month as we thumped everyone we came across.The Champions League saw us beat Sturm Graz 8-0 but the key fact with this match was Ignacio Romero being sent off after 8 minutes so we played 82 minutes with 10 men!Copa del Rey saw Sola suspended (due to last season) so I decided to field a side with 2 first XI players and rotation player Ander Diez,the highlight was Cristobal scoring on his debut and we now have a strong lead going into the 2nd leg.Not one of the teams in the league stood a chance against us and we have now closed the gap down to three points due to Espanyol beating Real Madrid in the last league game of the month.We are in takeover talks again and this time it is a Consortium,I'm not bothered what happens as we are practically fine in every area.

November has one really tough game and that is a league tie against At.Madrid,we also face Sporting and Espanyol on which I want a minimum of four points from those two games.We have the second leg against Puertollano in which I will field a strong team to get it over and done with and try to get as many as possible in doing so.We also have a double header in the Champions League against Sturm Graz and Galatasaray and the aim is simple,beat both and qualify.

Iker Sola continued his impressive goal scoring run as he added eighteen more to his tally for the season which takes him to 46 goals in 15 appearances,his overall tally now stands at 1229 goals in which 1059 of those have been scored for Vitoria!

Just spent 4 hours reading this thread(I'm at work so why not) must say it has been a thoroughly good read throughout, any reason you chose Vitoria? is there something in their development pool or could this happen to any lower league club with some hard work?

cerud - A great relief as well,it seems to be only him who can score consistently but I think Ander Diez and eventually Cristobal will be his long term replacements as they seem to be able to cover pretty well.

GIBURROWS - I wanted a Basque team to play with and Vitoria were predicted bottom for their Tercera group.It can be done through hard work but Spain has been blessed with talent or it has been overrated which shows no signs of slowing down.I also like the name Gianfranco Sola,that is pretty brilliant :D

Dexter_Morgan - Sola will never leave,he played for youth,played for first team and will hopefully become part of the backroom staff.

SRL88 - Back to what he does best :cool:

deltablue - I thought it was just my thinking of why let them leave when they retire from playing when they could be useful elsewhere :D

GIBURROWS - For the facilites,I waited a couple of seasons before requesting.I pestered them for Junior Coaching increases first which should help the current ability of players coming through the ranks.As your playing in England,good cup runs will be helpful (especially the FA Cup!) for the finances,good luck with it :D

Kind of dropped a bit due to Suspensions (Thanks Sola,Perez and Romero!) and injuries on internationals (God dam you Spain,Ander Diez and Iker Sola!).We're currently averaging 4.63 goals a game :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - November 2027

Fixtures

Untitled-81.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-103.png

Manager's Thoughts

Was a real mixed month,we were brilliant in the cups and not so brilliant in the league.The Copa del Rey saw us destroy Peurtollano 13-0 which was marred by a red card to Iker Sola who got a three game ban so will miss the next round against Sevilla,I have no complaints as it was cynical and left the opposition going off injured,the match was highlighted with Cristobal netting a hat-trick after coming on as a sub.The Champions League was really easy neither Sturm Graz or Galatasaray knew what hit them,Sola netted five and eight in these games and we have now qualified alongside Man Utd in which is our last game in the group.The league saw us under perform agaoinst Sporting while Diez and Sola would get injuries on international duty which ruled them out of the game against Espanyol so I had no choice but to give Cristobal his league debut and boy did he impress!As for the At.Madrid match,I am not sure how we didn't win as they managed two shots on target and scored them both so it was a off day for us.

December is a mixed month,we have the easier routine of the Club World Cup,difficult games against Man Utd (Champions League) and Sevilla (Copa del Rey 5th rounf 1st leg).The league sees us face surprise package Athletic but they will be without their two key players I loaned them.We also face another surprise package in Almeria and under performing Las Palmas so I can't take anything for granted and we will need to play to our best to ensure we keep the pressure up on Real Madrid although we do have two games in hand on them.

Iker Sola continues with his goal scoring as he netted fifteen in four appearances for the club as well as netting two in two at international level.He is averaging over three goals a game at the moment as he sits on 61 goals in 19 appearances,while his total career for his goals stands on 1246 so only 54 more till he gets to the 1300 mark!

There is absolutely no way the potential new chairman can be this stupid.

Untitled-82.jpg

However,saying that,I have been previously sacked after a takeover and winning promotion.In this case I have a 99.99% chance of staying :D

I've never seen a sacking yet from a takeover. Hearing that is actually happens in the game is realistic I guess, but would be utter stupidity if they decided to do it.

Archived