Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champions League Group Stage Draw 2024/25

We were of course amongst the top seeds again for this years Champions League. Once again we didn't get an easy draw, but it is a fair bit simpler than the group we were handed last season.

clgroupdraw202425.png

Can't believe we drew Lyon yet again though. By the end of of the group fixtures we will have met them six times in just over a year!

CSKA and Twente may not be completely easy, but should still expect to beat them without too much trouble.

Oh definitely. I only think the away games against them could be tricky. The home games should provide little trouble at all, unless I rotate too much!

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2024 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturessep2024.png

pltablesep2024.png

Delighted with the fact that we won all four of our games, three of them against mighty tough opposition. However, we defended dreadfully throughout the month, and that really needs to be improved upon.

We were wonderful in the opening game of the month against Liverpool at Anfield, and if truth be told should have won by more than the 3-1 scoreline. After the international break we squeezed past Wolves, with veteran Javier Hernandez coming from the bench to score the winner with less than twenty minutes to go. Away to Arsenal we were excellent, as despite trainling at the break we roared back in the second half to win 2-1. The mnth finished away aggainst Chelsea, and lord knows what happened againt them.

Despite my annoyance at the team this month, I still managed to win the Manager Of The Month award.

League Cup - 3rd Round

lcfixturessep2024.png

Very good performance against the Londoners with what was a bit of a changed side. In the 4th round we face rivals Leeds United at Old Trafford.

September 2024 Continued

Champions League

clfixturessep2024.png

cltablesep2024.png

A frankly brilliant start to this seasons Champions League campaign. We took the lead just after the break through Gomes, but in the 52nd minute Lyon equalised. However, three minutes later Marc Attenborrow scored with a towering header to make it 2-1, and despite being put under a lot of pressure that's the way it finished.

A superb start, which we'll hope to follow up in our next game at home to FC Twente.

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2024 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesoct2024.png

pltableoct2024.png

Happy with the month really as Newcastle have been going along decently, so a draw at their place isn't too bad. We started with a comfortable win over Ipswich before that draw at Newcastle. The month finished with a 4-0 win at home to Bolton, with Amido Nhasse stepping up in the absence of Gomes.

Our next game is away to Crystal Palace.

League Cup - 4th Round

lcfixturesoct2024.png

A good performance againt our rivals from Yorkshire. The team was changed about with more experienced players like Sigurdsson and Hernandez coming in, but they got the job done and sent us through to the next round. In the next round, the quarter final, we are at home to Swansea.

October 2024 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesoct2024.png

cltableoct2024.png

Three wins from three and we're all but thrugh to the 1st knockout round. We were superb at home to Twente, and inparticular Javier Hernandez as he scored an excellent hattrick. If that wasn't good enough, then in Moscow we were simply sensational. After seeing off their early pressure, we took the lead from a corner thanks to Marc Attenborrow tapping in after the goalkeeper spilled. After that we dominated completely, and Eder Morales rounded off an excellent performance with a brace.

We face CSKA next at Old Trafford, and can book our place in the next round with just a draw.

Assuming you do complete your goal of winning the Champion's League, what are your plans after that? Thinking of going abroad?

Well with United the idea is to build a bit of a dynasty, not just win the Champions League. I'll be here until the end of my 5 year contract atleast. After that i'm not sure at the minute. It's the club i support, so the temptation is to stay for a while.

Brilliant start to the season :thup:

Cheers. Would expect us to push on and get a good lead by January.

Just for the fun of the challenge!

But it's pointless. I think youre on a very different wave length to me as to what the point of the save is. Staying at a club long enough to "achieve" that seems like a massive waste of time. :D

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2024 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesnov2024.png

pltablenov2024.png

Four wins out of five represents a good month, but losing to Tottenham who could potentially be a title rival isn't ideal. The month started well enough as we got comfortable, if not spectacular, wins over Crystal Palace, West Ham and Cardiff. We then really cut loose against West Brom, scoring six when in truth it could have been double figures. The game at Spurs at the end of the month was frustrating. It was an even game, but we perhaps had the better chances. Having equalised late on it was then hugely disappointing to concede an even later winner. Still, we're in a good position, even if Swansea are a concern.

Next up is a home game against Fulham.

November 2024 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesnov2024.png

cltablenov2024.png

Victory over CSKA ensured our place in the next round, and then againt Lyon our back-up and young players were fantastic as we smacked four past Lyon to seal top spot in the group.

I guess the point of 'achieving' a £1bn transfer budget is that you must have won an awful lot, and been financially responsible about doing it. You would then be in a position to strengthen to such an extent that no team should be able to live with you.

I guess the point of 'achieving' a £1bn transfer budget is that you must have won an awful lot, and been financially responsible about doing it. You would then be in a position to strengthen to such an extent that no team should be able to live with you.

I just don't see the point. It's not meaningful in anyway. :D

As a Spurs fans, I'm happy that they're doing well to be a title contender. However, I think you will be more than enough competition for them ;) Good job in the group stage of the Champions League too!

As a Spurs fans, I'm happy that they're doing well to be a title contender. However, I think you will be more than enough competition for them ;) Good job in the group stage of the Champions League too!

Well as i have said a few times, Spurs are consistantly doing well under Laudrup. It's no surprise they are doing so well at this stage - they just have to maintain it for the whole campaign.

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2024 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesdec2024.png

pltabledec2024.png

A good month, although we have let Spurs get a point closer to us. We started with a scrappy win at home to Fulham, in which we were poor infront of goal and in the end lucky that they only managed a late consolation as they probably deserved a point. Following that we got a very lucky draw in the derby at the Etihad. And own goal saved us, and we needed it - we had just five shots all match! Swansea came to Old Trafford at the start of a busy Christmas period, and we did all but score. Their goalkeeper, Jack Butland, was rightly given the man of the match award. The rest of the Christmas period saw us win three game out of thee, and all by the same 3-0 scoreline. What was most pleasing was Gomes returning to form after injury.

On New Years Day we face Leicester away, before Liverpool visit Old Trafford.

League Cup - Quarter Final

lcfixturesdec2024.png

We may have needed extra time, but we got the win in the end. Young Argentine Leonel Colace got the winner deep into the secod period of extra time to set up a semi final with Sheffield Wednesday.

December 2024 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesdec2024.png

cltabledec2024.png

A good performance away in the Netherlands in the final group game as a few of our bigger players were rested. Keith Ellis kept up his excellent European form with another goal here to take his tally to four goals in three grup games.

In the next round we have been drawn against Barcelona, who came second in Group G behind Porto after winning three and losing three of their games.

Still a lot of season to go. Staying above Tottenham should be doable. You've now played them both times this season?

No, they come to Old Trafford in April.

After going through January, (update should be later today), the team to watch out for are Swansea......

Nice going in the CL group stage :thup: Swansea are looking good with 2 games in hand though, going to be a close run-in towards the end of the season.

Cheers dude. :thup:

Got to be honest, I'm very proud of Swansea. On the forums you constantly see people moaning about how a club gets ruined by the AI when you leave, but that hasn't happened with the Swans. Yes they haven't being winning trophies all the time like when I was there, but they have maintained their position towards the top of the league. Now under Mike Phelan after Quique Flores left after last seasons Champions League win for the Spain job, they are now making a real challenge for the title.

Looking good so far,excellent performance so far in the CL,a 100% record is no easy feat :D

Thanks alot. Got to say I'm very pleased with how we did in our group.

Excellent start to the season Tom :thup:.

Thank you kind sir.

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2025 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesjan2025.png

pltablejan2025.png

Two good away wins and two great home wins makes January a terrific month. We started on New Years Day by seeing off Leicester who put in a very spirited display. A few days later we thumped Liverpool in the North-West Derby. We fell behind early on but were 2-1 up by halftime. In the second half we went crazy and put three past them without reply. Again we fell behind in our next game against Wolves, but we roared back to win 3-1. Our final league game of the month was at home to Arsenal, and after taking the lead from the spot on the troke of halftime, we cruised home to a 3-0 victory in the second half.

Four wins from four mean I won the Manager Of The Month award for January, my econd of the season. Our next league game is away against Chelsea.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

facfixturesjan2025.png

Superb performance at Hillsborough with Brazilian star Gomes in crackig form once again. He won't play in the fourth round though, as we have been drawn against Tamworth.

January 2025 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

lcfixturesjan2025.png

Well we are through to the League Cup Final once again, but blimey it was tough. We only won the first leg with two goals in the last ten minutes after what was a sloppy performance. We lost 1-0 in normal time in the second leg, but fortunately away goals don't count until after extra time in the League Cup, so we had thirty minutes to get a goal. We did better that as Leonel Colace grabbed two goals to give us a 2-1 win and a 4-2 win on aggregate.

The draw for the final is a cracker.

Transfers

Just one deal this month, and it's a player that some of you who have followed my career all the way might recall;

Aaron Parle

He was a very good performer as 19/20 year old in my last season at Manchester City, but since then he has been messed about, getting loaned out here and there. He finally lost patience and requested a transfer, and we snapped him up for £14.25million.

A bit of a coup I think, but the only problem is that he can't play in the League Cup or in the Champions League.

Archived