• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2025 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesfeb2025.png

pltablefeb2025.png

Can't at all complain about this month. The draw at Chelsea was excellent as we didn't play brilliantly, yet snatched a point late in the day. After that we were outstanding against Ipswich and Newcastle, with Leonel Colace inparticular superb against Ipswich and Gomes is decent form for the Newcastle fixture.

The lead at the top has been stretched to four points, and our four fixtures in March are very winnable.

FA Cup - 4th And 5th Round

facfixturesfeb2025.png

Decent performance against little Tamworth which wasn't reflected in scoreline. Youngster Gregg Spellman scored twice on his full debut for the club. In the 5th round againt Wolves we were poor, and it was left to Aaron Parle to save us with a great strike from 20yards out.

If we get through the replay we will face Everton at Goodison Park in the quarter finals.

Down 0-1 against Barcelona away isn't too bad. Coming back home will be a great advantage for you.

Well it is and it isn't - they aren't the side they were and we should have got somethng from the game.

Another nice month in the league. Hopefully you can overturn the deficit. Could you post a link to the other 1st Knockout Round results?

I'll post them once all the ties have been completed. :)

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2024/25 - Manchester United

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

lcruntofinal202425.png

Some good results for the back-up and younger players in the earlier rounds againt West Ham and Leeds. In the quarters we eventuially saw off Swansea in extra time, and that was also the case with Sheffield Wednesday in the semi's. Fortunately away goals in the League Cup don't count until after extra time, otherwise we would have been gone after 90mins of the second leg.

The final was a mount watering prospect against our biggest rivals - Manchester City.

The Final

vs.Mancheter City

lcfinalvscitymar2025.png

A big disappointment to be honest - not the result as such, just the performance. With it being against City I brought in all the big guns that were fit and available, but they really just didn't stand up on the day. Yes we had more possession, but that is often the case with us. Unfortunately this time we didn't do enough with that possession to get the win we craved. The fact that City took until so late in the day to get the win was the only surprise in the end.

It would have been my tenth League Cup victory, but for now that will have to wait.

Doing brilliantly in the league but shame losing to City in injury time in the league cup.

It was a shame, but we really didn't deserve any better. They were just better than us on the day, and in all honesty better by a long way.

In what context? Since the start of the save all of them, with the exception of Valencia and Lyon, have appeared in a European final.

On paper. There is no denying that over times the game has changed. Atletico always turn out to be owned by a sugar daddy, Real are just Real and I know Spurs pushed you all the way in the league last season, but otherwise its pretty straightforward for you!!!

Come on Barca :D And looks a strong selection of teams to me.

Any more outbursts like that and I'll see that you're banned from this thread! :D

On paper. There is no denying that over times the game has changed. Atletico always turn out to be owned by a sugar daddy, Real are just Real and I know Spurs pushed you all the way in the league last season, but otherwise its pretty straightforward for you!!!

Nothing this season is looking very straight forward for us..........

Tough beat in the League Cup final.

It was tough to lose it so late on. But as I have already said, I can't complain about it - we were poor.

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2025 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesmar2025.png

pltablemar2025.png

Four winnable games, but we only managed to win three of them. We cruised to victory against Crystal Palace, with young CB Vincenzo Tilli getting a double. We played Bolton away next and again cruised to victory, with Gomes in terrific form. Next was the game away at West Ham. It came just days after a tough Champions League game and several players were missing through tiredness. The game was fairly even, but we had the better chances and should have taken atleast one more of them to get the win. We bounced back from that setback though with a 6-0 thrashing of Cardiff, with Gomes and Amido Nhasse hitting a brace each.

FA Cup - 5th Round Replay And Quarter Final

facfixturesmar2025.png

A professional display in the replay against Wolves is the best way to describe how we played. We took the lead after 24mins and by halftime we were 2-0 up, and then we just saw the second half out to give us a safe passage into the next round. In the quarters we were given a decent game by Championship side Everton, and despite some hairy moments, our better quality shone through in the end.

In the semi finals at Wembley we face Tottenham.

March 2025 Continued

League Cup - Final

lcfixturesmar2025.png

Poor performance and we got exactly what we deserved. It was gutting to lose in the second minute of stoppage time, but we couldn't complain. My tenth League Cup triumph will have to wait for atleast another year.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 2nd Leg

clfixturesmar2025.png

Well after getting to last years final and losing, we have been knocked out in the first knockout round this term. Trailing 1-0 from the first leg it was always going to be relatively tough, but I thought we could do it. However, it got so much tougher after just two minutes when they went ahead, meaning we had to win by two clear goals to go through. We got our act together and by halftime lead 2-1. In the second we pushed and puhed but couldn't find a third goal, and the tie finshed 2-2 on aggregate meaning we crashed out on away goals.

Opening up a nice gap at the right time.

Yes Swnasea have fallen away a bit and Spurs have been a bit patchy. The ones to watch at the minute are Manchester City who are coming on strongly.

We have a crucial run coming up at the end April/early May; Tottenham (H), City (H), and Swansea (A). Make or break time for all four clubs coming up.

Just read the whole thing! Loved it. Really want you too manager Watford next!! Keep it up.

Thankf for taking the time to read through the thread.

Unfortunately i don't see my next job being in England, and certainly not at Watford. :D

So much that you posted twice :thup:.

Some people just think my thread is that good. :cool:

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2025 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesapr2025.png

pltableapr2025.png

With three games to go we are till in the driving seat, but a couple of sloppy results have made it much harder than it should have been. We opened the month with a very poor exhibition of finishing at West Brom. They took the lead early on but we hit back after half an hour. By the end of the game we had had 25 shots, but only managed five on target. Wasteful isn't the word. We recovered well from that though by winning 3-1 at Fulham and then beating Spyrs 3-0 in what was the first of our three crucial fixtures. That was very pleasing as it came just days after FA Cup disappointment against the same opposition. With just four games remaining we sat seven clear of Manchester City and Swansea, and our next game was indeed City at Old Trafford.

It was a disaster. We simply couldn't cope with their power, and what hurt even more was than an old favourite of mine got both their goals. We now head into our next game away at Swansea knowing defeat will really make it squeaky bum time heading into the last two fixtures.

FA Cup - Semi Final

facfixturesapr2025.png

Out of th FA Cup for the second time in three seasons at the semi final stage, meaning that all we have left to play for is the league. The first half was fairly nervy with few chances, but just six minute into the second half they took the lead. We hit back just a few minutes later through Gomes, and then set about them, using our pace to fly forward at them from all angles. However we couldn't score, and as extra time beckoned German Tikhonov made a horrible tackle and was dismissed. Spurs came back at us in extra time, and we helf firm until the 115th minute when the usually relaible David De Gea made an awful mistake from a corner and let their man tap in to make it 2-1. The third I wasn't bothered about as it arrived as we tried in vain to get an equaliser. And in all honesty I'd much rather lose 3-1 trying to equalise than 2-1 just sitting their accepting defeat.

So with only May to come we have only one trophy left to play for. After heading into March with a potential quadruple on the cards, this is hard to take.

What are you final 2?

Here are the results from the latest round of fixtures;

Swansea 3-1 Manchester United

Manchester City 1-3 Newcastle United

The finals sets of fixtures are;

United

Sheff Wed (H)

Watford (A)

Swansea

Newcastle (A)

Bolton (H)

City

Bolton (A)

Crystal Palace (H)

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2025 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesmay2025.png

pltablemay2025.png

Well we got over the line - eventually. We lost to Swansea at the start of the month but duirng the same weekend Man City lost at home to Newcastle, more or less cutting the title race dwn to two. City then drew with Bolton in midweek prior to our weekend fixture, ending their title hopes. We then came up against Sheffield Wednesday and beat them 3-0 with Gomes bagging a brace. At the same time Newcatle did us another favour by beating Swansea and handing us the title. The season finished with a solid 1-0 win at Watford, with Gomes finishing with another goal.

Not as eay as the previous two seasons, but we got over the line.

Any thoughts on what you will do next?

There's not even a doubt in my mind.

This has been my poorest season in club football since 2014/15 when I only won the League Cup with Swansea. I'm not even thinking of leaving United after the season we've just had.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Review 2024/25 - Manchester United

The details of the Community Shield are on the previous page in post 1693.

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (Champions)

Well it wasn't our most spectacular campaign - indeed it was our lowest points tally in my three seasons at the club so far. But after a few slip ups late in the season we eventually got over the line and lifted the title. This young squad did the club proud.

A concern for me this season was the amount of goals we conceded - it was the highest amount of any side I have managed since Swnasea let in 28 back in 2014/15. The fact that Christian Radu missed over four months of the season didn't help matters, but next term we need to do much better in that regard.

FA Cup

Eliminated in the Semi Finals

Well we had a decent run in the FA Cup again this season, but eventually fell in the semi's after going to down to ten men against a strong Tottenham side. The major highlight for me was youngster Greg Spellman scoring twice on his full debut for the club against Tamworth.

Tottenham went on to lift the cup, beating Mancheter City 2-0 in the final.

League Cup

Beaten Finalists

Well our run of League Cp has ended. This wold have been the clubs third in a row but in the end it wasn't to be. We had a good run to the final beating some decent Premiership temas and our rivals from Yorkshire. But in the final we really did play well enough and City deserved their 2-1 win.

Champions League

Eliminated in 1st Knockout Round

After coming so close to winning the trophy last season I had high hopes of possibly winning it this season. After a cracking group stage where we won all six of our games my hopes went up further. However, we drawn againt Barcelona in the 1st Knockout Round, and although I knew it would be tough I thought we could get passed them.

We lost the first leg but I saw enough to suggest we could get the win we needed at Old Trafford. We went behind though after just 2mins, and despite getting two goals back and throwing everything at them, we couldn't get a third and we were eliminated on away goals.

Barcelona were knocked out in the semi finals by Lyon, who then lost to Valencia 2-1 in the final.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

Was very happy with the performances of some of our younger players this season. Leonel Colace had a hugely usccessful breakthrough season, and Amido Nhasse did well in terms of both goals and assists. Simon Walsh made the most starts of any of our outfield appearances and was consistent throughout. Aaron Parkinson had a few knocks this term, but still managed five goals and nine assists from 24 appearances.

Transfers wise we did very well this term, making a profit of £22million. It would have been even better had we not spent over £14million on Aaron Parle in January, but he did very well when he joined the club and added some steel to the middle of the park.

The finances are in decent enough shape, but would have been better had we got further in the Champions League. The figures posted do this time include the £11million paid out for this summers stadium expansion, and will improve greatly when the coming seasons sponorship money comes in.

Top 3 Players

Gomes

I just can't not include him in this list. Had he not missed six weeks around October/November time his season would have been even better. His overall record for the club is simply stunning; 137 appearances, 117 goals. Hope it continues next term!

Eder Morales

Very good season with plenty of assists and a decent amount of goals. Hopefully next seasn he can avoid injury and do even better.

Marc Attenborrow

He ws cracking this season and had to be with Christian Radu missing so much of it. At just 23 he is a mainstay of the back four and should be for many years to come.

What Next

Stay at United. I can't even dream of leaving at the minute with so much left to achieve.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Please note; as of yet I'm not including Swansea or Manchester City in this section as it's fairly clear how they have been getting on.

FC Seoul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  |  League   |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012  |  K-League  |  6th       |  KO'ed in 1st Rnd Of Playoffs        |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2013  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Lost in playoff final                       |  KFA Cup Winners
| 2014  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  
| 2015  |  K-League  |  2nd      |  Won in playoff final                       |  
| 2016  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2017  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners, Asian CL Winners
| 2018  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Lost in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2019  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners, CWC Runners-up
| 2020  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners
| 2021  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2022  |  K-League  |  2nd      |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners
| 2023  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Lost in playoff final                       |  
| 2024  |  K-League  |  2nd      |  Won in playoff final                       |  KFA Cup Winners, Peace Cup Winners

A great season for the Koreans as they did the domestic treble.

Bristol Rovers

| Season  |  League       |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                       |  Other
| 2012/13  |  League 1  |  19th       |  Survival                                   |  
| 2013/14  |  League 1  |  18th       |                                                  |  
| 2014/15  |  League 1  |  14th       |                                                  |  
| 2015/16  |  League 1  |  10th       |                                                  |  
| 2016/17  |  League 1  |  21st        |  Relegated                               |
| 2017/18  |  League 2  |  3rd         |  Promoted                                |  
| 2018/19  |  League 1  |  24th       |  Relegated                                |  
| 2019/20  |  League 2  |  14th       |                                                  |
| 2020/21  |  League 2  |  19th       |                                                  |
| 2021/22  |  League 2  |  13th       |                                                  |
| 2022/23  |  League 2  |  1st          |  Promoted as Champions         |  
| 2023/24  |  League 1  |  23rd       |  Relegated                                |  
| 2024/25  |  League 2  |  4th          |  Lost in playoff final               |  

They were in the top three all season but slipped into the playoffs with just two games to play and then lost to Southend in the playoff final. Gutting for them.

Boston United

| Season |  League   |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                             |  Other
| 2013/14  |  League 2  |  8th          |                                                   |  
| 2014/15  |  League 2  |  2nd         |  Promoted                                 |  
| 2015/16  |  League 1  |  22nd       |  Relegated                                 |  
| 2016/17  |  League 2  |  23rd        |  Relegated                                 |
| 2017/18  |  BSB Prem  |  2nd       |  Lost in playoff final                 |  
| 2018/19  |  BSB Prem  |  2nd       |  Lost in playoff semi final         |  
| 2019/20  |  BSB Prem  |  2nd       |  Promoted via playoffs              |
| 2020/21  |  League 2  |  1st          |  Promoted as Champions           |
| 2021/22  |  League 1  |  5th          |  Lost in playoff semi final         |  JPT Trophy Runners-up
| 2022/23  |  League 1  |  14th        |                                                   |  
| 2023/24  |  League 1  |  20th        |  Survived relegation                  |  
| 2024/25  |  League 1  |  21st        |  Relegated                                  |  

Disappointing for Ian Bogie's side who slipped back into League 2 after four years in a row in League 1.

Archived