• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2025/26 - Manchester United

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

lcruntothefinal202526.png

We had a comfortable-ish run to the final, with only Tottenham giving us any real problems in the third round, so much so that we had to defeat them on penalties. We saw off Chelsea much more easily than the scoreline suggests, and the same can be said about the game against Crystal Palace. In the semi's we had Championship side Wigan to get past, and we did it with ease, thrashing them 7-0 on aggregate.

In the final we face Wolves, who saw off Swansea in their run to the final!

The Final

vs.Wolves

lcfinalvswolvesmar2026.png

Another League Cup trophy in the bag!!! The 2-1 scoreline suggests a cloe encounter, but it wasn't. We did however do our best to make it as tough as possible. After falling behind we had a great chance to go back ahead straight away, but skipper Jared McGrath missed a penalty. After an hour I brought Gomes on as we still trailed, and just five minutes later he won and scored a penalty to get us back level. And then with just seven minutes left Jared McGrath redeemed himself after his earlier miss from the spot by slamming home the winner.

It was the clubs third League Cup in four years under my management, and my tenth triumph overall.

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2026 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesmar2026.png

pltablemar2026.png

First half of the month excellent, the second half not so. In our first game after the League Cup final we put in a good performance away at Bolton and could have won by more. What followed eight days later against Newcastle was magnificent, the most pleasing aspect perhaps that we didn't just rely on Gomes to bang the goals in. Away at Tottenham we got what on the face of it looks like a decent point, but having lead twice it really could have been batter. And what happened against Leicester I do not know. Well actually I do; we were without Gomes and Leonel Colace, and with an out of sorts Amido Nhasse and Keith Ellis upfront, we struggled infront of goal.

Our next league game is away at Hull City.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

facfixturesmar2026.png

Superb performance and result. We trailed after just four minutes after they ere awarded a penalty, but from then on we dominated. We had to wait until the 67th minute to equalised, but once we did I always thought we would win it and in the 84th minute Gomes smashed in the winner to send us through to the semi finals.

In the semi at Wembely we face Chelsea.

March 2026 Continued

League Cup - Final

lcfixturesmar2026.png

It was an aful lot more comfortable than it looked, even though I needed to bring on Gomes fro the bench to get us back into it. In the end it was well deserved, and the clubs third triumph in four years under my management.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg And Quarter Final 1st Leg

clfixturesmar2026.png

A truly outstanding performance at home to Atletico saw us thrugh to the quarter finals with a 6-3 aggregate victory. Leonel Colace was in inspired form and deserved his hattrick.

In the first leg of the quarter final against Marseille we were missing our frontline of Gomes and Colace, aswell as Aaron Wirth who was still missing with an ankle ligament injury. We set up to be strong defensively and play on the counter, and in the end the 0-0 dra was a decent result. I expect us to see them off in the second leg.

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2026 - Manchester United

Premier League

788afc22.png

9c5ddf78.png

Well it all seems to be going a bit wrong at the minute, with sloppy points being dropped. We started the month well enough with a 3-1 win at Hull, Karl Monington at the double when we needed someone to step up with Gomes and Leonel Colace still out with injury. However, we flopped massively in our next league outing a week later against West Brom. We trailed after just five minute but we hit back immediately and then it seemed to be only a matter of time until we got a second. After halftime though West Brom were excellent, and were soon 3-1 up. A late goal gave us hope we could salvage a point, but it wasn't to be, and we went down 3-2. The month ended with a much needed 3-0 win against Everton to still leave us with a good chance heading into May.

FA Cup - Semi Final

15396d84.png

A cracking win over Chelsea sent us through to the FA Cup final in style. Aaron Parle scored early then put in the cross for the own goal. Christian Radu then got a brace, one a header from a corner, the other a stonking effort from range to really seal the in in style.

In the final we face Newcastle United.

April 2026 Continued

Champions League - Quarter Final 2nd Leg

e0cb03f3.png

With our two main strikers missing for this game awell as 20-goal left winger Aaron Wirth all missing through injury, this was always going to be fairly tough, even after the great 0-0 dra in the first leg. However, it didn't look so when Karl Monington put us 1-0 up on the half hour mark. Marseille equalised just before the break though, meaning we had to go searching for a goal in the second period. We couldn't find the goal, and in the 89th minute Marseille scored on the counter to win the game and the tie 2-1.

Massive shock against WBA. Puts all the pressure on you in your games in hand. Shame about the Marseille result to.

Especially seen as our next three games are Arsenal (A), City (H), and Swansea (A), followed by Chelsea (H) on the final day. :eek:

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2025/26 - Manchester United

FA Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

512843fe.png

We ut in some really good performances in our run to the final, including ripping Fulham apart in the third round, coming from behind at Anfield in the quarter finals, and then tearing Chelsea to pieces in the semi final. The most pleasing aspect was the performances of some of the younger players along the way.

In the final we would relegated Newcatle United, who surprisingly beat Arsenal in the semi final.

The Final

vs.Newcastle United

With Leonel Colace ruled out ith injury and Amido Nhasse and Keith Ellis out of sorts, Karl Monington was given a starting spot alongside Gomes. Fullback Ivo Deak was alos missing, so Vincenzo Tilli was given the nod at righback.

37a814da.png

A very good performance, if not as convincing as it might have been. The two young lads in the starting XI didn't disappoint, with Monington getting both our goals, and Tilli getting a rating of 7.5. It started badly with Newcastle winning a penalty, but they hit the bar with it and it stayed 0-0. After a telling off at half time we were much better in second half, and we got the win we deserved thanks to Monington's double. In between his goals Gomes hit the post with a penalty of our own, but it proved academic as we ran out comfortable winners.

It was the clubs second FA Cup in my time at the club, and my sixth in my career.

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2026 - Manchester United

Premier League

99d5420a.png

210d43de.png

Yes we did it!!!! Four in a row, come on!

Going into the final month we did have the title in our hands given the games in hand we had, but we still faced a tough run of fixtures. We started by getting a great draw at Arsenal, but we were so close to getting the win. Still, with Manchester City getting hammered 3-0 at home to Spurs on the same day things really went our way despite the draw. The Manchester Derby was next, and that man Gomes showed up when it really mattered to send us to a 2-0 and put us top on goal difference. We still had three to play, whereas City and Arsenal had just one.

Our next game saw us go to Swansea and get a very good point, before sealing the title with a 4-2 win at West Ham. Our final game was after the last full round of fixtures for the league, and with the title already won we put on a show for the fans by romping to a 3-0 win! Sweet.

FA Cup - Final

9a304fa7.png

This was the second trophy of the treble secured. We played well and could well have won by more, but as it was we won 2-0 thanks to a brace from Karl Monington who put in an excellent display.

d8b3d55e.png

Richly deserved award for the Brazilian maestro, and this is why;

9fc8aab4.png

He got those 30 goals in just 31 games! :cool:

8dac7b63.png

Excellent stuff from the 35 year old. His powers are shoing little sign of dwindling at the minute, so he'll around for a while yet.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Review 2025/26 - Manchester United

The details of the Community Shield are on the previous page in post 1813.

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (Champions)

Well I wanted a fourth in a row, and that is what we managed. It wasn't as comfortable as some of the other title wins throughout my career, but after looking like we could miss out on it at one stage, we did manage to get over the line thanks to four wins and two draws from our last six games.

FA Cup

Winners

After losing in the semi finals last season, we wrestled back the FA Cup this term. We put in some lovely performances along the way, including a very satisfying comeback at Anfield in the quarter finals. The final was a fairly comfortable game, which we won 2-0.

League Cup

Winners

After losing in last years final to rivals Manchester City, winning this trophy was something I desired, but didn't prioritise. However, I was delighted that we came out of this competition with the trophy in our hands. It was my tenth League Cup trophy of my career. Some of our performances in our run to the final were very good, and although the result in the final doesn't look great, it was a well deserved 2-1 win.

Champions League

Eliminated in the Quarter Finals

Well after we breezed through our group with considerable ease, we saw off Atletico Madrid in the 1st Knockout Round 6-3 on aggregate, which included a superb 4-0 victory over them at Old Trafford. Against Marseille we suffered alot due to injuries to three key players. Aaron Wirth, Leonel Colace, and Gomes all missed both legs of the tie, meaning our goal threat was massively reduced. We got a good 0-0 draw in France in the first leg, and in the second we took the lead. Mareille though his back, and as we went searching for a winner late on they scored on the counter, knockoing us out 2-1 on aggregate.

The French champions went on to win the competition, defeating Milan 2-1 in the final.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

Excellent stuff from alot of players in the squad this term. Leonel Colace was superb, but a broken foot scuppered his season - who knows how many goals he would have got had it not been for that! Marc Attenborrow and Christian Radu were there usual excellent selves at the back, and David De Gea had a superb season, conceding 36 goals in his 57 appearances, keeping 32 cleansheets in the process. Also young stariker Karl Monington really made a name for himself this season, scoring eleven goals in 20 appearances.

Transfer wise we had another good year, making a profit of £8.5million over the course of the season. Thankfully now because of the takeover back in January, I don't need to worry about balancing the books this summer.

The finances are of coure in an outrageously good state. My new chairman ploughed a load of money in when he took over meaning we are just in an amazing position financially and should never have to be concerned about money again any time soon.

Top 3 Players

Gomes

The guy just can't be ignored. As seems to happen most seasons, he missed a fair few games thrugh injury, and I just can't help but think what his tally could have been had he played 10-15 more games.

Aaron Parle

City must be kicking themslves for letting me have this guy for just £14.25million. Whether playing as a DM or a DLP he is amazingly consistent. Time to get him a nw contract - his expires in just two years.

Aaron Wirth

£19.75million looked a fair bit when we signed this man from Watford last summer, but boy he was worth every penny. A terrific debut season in the United shirt - I just hope he doesn't miss as many games through little injuries here and there next season.

What Next

The Champions League - it's about time.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Please note; as of yet I'm not including Swansea or Manchester City in this section as it's fairly clear how they have been getting on.

FC Seoul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  |  League   |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                            |  Other
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012  |  K-League  |  6th       |  KO'ed in 1st Rnd Of Playoffs        |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2013  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Lost in playoff final                       |  KFA Cup Winners
| 2014  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  
| 2015  |  K-League  |  2nd      |  Won in playoff final                       |  
| 2016  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2017  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners, Asian CL Winners
| 2018  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Lost in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2019  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners, CWC Runners-up
| 2020  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners
| 2021  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  Peace Cup Winners
| 2022  |  K-League  |  2nd      |  Won in playoff final                       |  Asian CL Winners
| 2023  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Lost in playoff final                       |  
| 2024  |  K-League  |  2nd      |  Won in playoff final                       |  KFA Cup Winners, Peace Cup Winners
| 2025  |  K-League  |  1st       |  Won in playoff final                       |  

Another K-League title for Seoul, although they didn't do all that well in the other competitions.

Bristol Rovers

| Season  |  League       |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                       |  Other
| 2012/13  |  League 1  |  19th       |  Survival                                   |  
| 2013/14  |  League 1  |  18th       |                                                  |  
| 2014/15  |  League 1  |  14th       |                                                  |  
| 2015/16  |  League 1  |  10th       |                                                  |  
| 2016/17  |  League 1  |  21st        |  Relegated                               |
| 2017/18  |  League 2  |  3rd         |  Promoted                                |  
| 2018/19  |  League 1  |  24th       |  Relegated                                |  
| 2019/20  |  League 2  |  14th       |                                                  |
| 2020/21  |  League 2  |  19th       |                                                  |
| 2021/22  |  League 2  |  13th       |                                                  |
| 2022/23  |  League 2  |  1st          |  Promoted as Champions         |  
| 2023/24  |  League 1  |  23rd       |  Relegated                                |  
| 2024/25  |  League 2  |  4th          |  Lost in playoff final               |  
| 2025/26  |  League 2  |  7th          |  Promoted via playoffs            |  FA Cup 3rd Rnd

Excellent stuff from the Gas. They were in and around the playoff spots all season, and eventually got into the final spot by two points. They defeated 4th placed Boston in the semi final, before beating Cheltenham 3-1 in the final. Great campaign.

Boston United

| Season |  League   |  Lge Pos |  Notes                                             |  Other
| 2013/14  |  League 2  |  8th          |                                                   |  
| 2014/15  |  League 2  |  2nd         |  Promoted                                 |  
| 2015/16  |  League 1  |  22nd       |  Relegated                                 |  
| 2016/17  |  League 2  |  23rd        |  Relegated                                 |
| 2017/18  |  BSB Prem  |  2nd       |  Lost in playoff final                 |  
| 2018/19  |  BSB Prem  |  2nd       |  Lost in playoff semi final         |  
| 2019/20  |  BSB Prem  |  2nd       |  Promoted via playoffs              |
| 2020/21  |  League 2  |  1st          |  Promoted as Champions           |
| 2021/22  |  League 1  |  5th          |  Lost in playoff semi final         |  JPT Trophy Runners-up
| 2022/23  |  League 1  |  14th        |                                                   |  
| 2023/24  |  League 1  |  20th        |  Survived relegation                  |  FA Cup 4th Rnd
| 2024/25  |  League 1  |  21st        |  Relegated                                  |  
| 2025/26  |  League 2  |  4th          |  Lost in playoff semi final         |  

They were so close to automatic promotion, missing out on the last day of the season by just a point! Disappointment followed in the play off semi's, losing to one of my other former clubs, Bristol Rovers.

Congrats on the domestic treble and some nice looking Sponsors you have received.

Cheers dude. :thup:

The sponsors are great - pity we weren't getting deals like that when we could have done with them before the takeover!

Good to see Seoul have been consistently strong.

They've been great, but to be picky i think they should have won the Asian CL a couple more times.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2026/27 - Manchester United F.C

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Win it

FA Cup: Win it

League Cup: Not Important

Champions League: Win it

Community Shield: Not important

Personal Expectations

Premier League: A fifth in a row would be great

FA Cup: Semi's will do

League Cup: Play the back-ups/kids and see how we go

Champions League: Progress further than last season

Community Shield: Always nice to start the season with a trophy

Budgets

Transfer: 277,077,054

Wages: £2,700,336 (Currently spending £1,730,558)

Balance: £201,287,115 (Up £164,586,694 from last year)

Well as I suspected, a new board pumping millions into the club means much greater expectations. Of course that means a simply amazing transfer budget, but I don't want to run my club like how Mancheter City are run. Unfortunately that mignt be tough - with having such vast wealth now, players are requeting ridiculous wage rises, hence why we are spending near enough £400,000 more per week than at this stage last year.

Wish me luck, I might need it to satisfy my new owners.

Archived