Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

Ahhhhhhh another great season from Bristol Rovers :cool:. Shame for Boston however.

First time Rovers have been up into the Championship in this save. :cool:

As Boston, they were unfortunate, but they can be pleased with their campaign. Financial issuses meant they were competing with almost brand new team this season, so to come fourth was some acihievement.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spent an hour or two reading this whole stroy from the beginning and wow, its such a great one! Keep it up! Also, can I ask how Brighton are geting on in your save?

First of all let me thank you for reading through the thread and the nice words that followed. As i always say to new posters in here, it is appreciated that you take the time and effort to go through it all and post afterwards.

Regarding your querey about Brighton, i will post a screenshot of their league history when i am home from work. :thup:

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2027/28 - Manchester United F.C

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Win it

FA Cup: Win it

League Cup: Not Important

Champions League: Win it

UEFA Super Cup: Not important

Community Shield: Not important

Personal Expectations

Premier League: My last season at the club; I'd love to win it for a sixth year in a row

FA Cup: Winning it would be nice, but I'll sacrifice it if needs be

League Cup: Play the back-ups/kids and see how we go

Champions League: Would love to retain it

UEFA Super Cup: It's against former club Swansea, so win it

Community Shield: Again it's against the Swans, so I want to win it

Budgets

Transfer: £357,026,843

Wages: £2,750,900 (Currently spending £1,576,407)

Balance: £275,041,774 (Up £73,754,659 from last year)

Not much to say about the budgets and finances overall. They don't effect me in any way.

Good idea to reject the At.Madrid,especially as your pretty much in the same situation at Utd but there is more to win in the English League system :D

Meh not much! I'll be looking abroard when the time come! :D

Counting down the days until I dont have to look at that awful badge :brock:

Oi, I put up with you as Liverpool for ages!!

Ouch, wish I didn't ask :p declining down the leagues by the looks of it :( next team to manage and take to the premiership?

Haha i think my achievements warrant more than what Brighton could offer. :D

A final season in Manchester! Should be a good one :thup:

Well, we'll have to wait and see......

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2027/28 - Manchester United

Transfers

46ff713a.png

A very quiet window for us, with me preferring to stick with the squad we have already have rather than adding to it.

In terms of players leaving, Marc Attenborrow got his wish and was sold. We got an excellent fee for him, but I guess I would have preferred for him to go abroard. Aside from that, the only significant fee we recieved was a £6million loan fee from Tottenham for Amido Nhasse. They can purchase him for £15million at any time.

We also loaned out a trio of good young players to Burnley, where hopefully they will get some good first team experience.

Here are the two young players we brought into the club over the summer;

Sandro Kohler

The fee was minimal, and could be money very well spent. He has 3 and 1/2* potential so could turn into a very good signing for the club in future.

Loic Denis

Like Kohler, he has 3 and 1/2* star potential, so should turn into a very good long term invetment for the club. To get two players of this potential in for just £4.3million is excellent business.

Squad

ec79d08e.png

Any screenshots of players you want to see, please feel free to ask.

The squad does look big, but if you take a closer look you will see that there are eight players listed who are younger than 20. I know I said I was leaving at the end of the campaign, but just looking at the toungsters we have makes me want to stay! Developing this group could be so exciting.............

Regarding the squad, it is basically the same as last season. Lets hope we have just as much success this time around.

Preseason 2027/28 Continued

Preseason Friendlies

9faeb945.png

Three good workouts in Japan set us up nicely heading into the Community Shield. The only annoying thing was that we had a few players missing who were away playing in the Copa America, so all we couldn't achieve the fluency I like.

Community Shield

6f15c5e7.png

We may have lost, but at the end of the day it's just a glorofied preseason friendly. We played well though to be honest, just weren't creating the amount of chances we usually make. A 1-0 defeat in the Community Shield is nothing to be concerned about.

We now head in to the opening weekend of the Premier League, where we face Ipswich away from home.

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2027 - Manchester United

Premier League

65982c72.png

1fe0bf71.png

A very leasing start to the league campaign, with two wins out of two, nine goals scored and none conceded. We started well at Ipswich with a comfortable 3-0 win, Gomes on form with a goal and an assist. We then got a little revenge on Newcastle for knocking us out the FA Cup last season by thuming them 6-0. Karl Monington picked up where finishe dlast seaso with a brace.

We us playing in the EFA Super Cup we have a week off from league duty, and our next game comes after the international break against Tottenham at Old Trafford.

UEFA Super Cup

72b2ee7e.png

We got revenge for them beating us in the Community Shield with a comfortable-ish 2-0 win. We dominated possession, but struggled to create chances. The one shot we did have on target was put in the back of the net by Leonel Colace. The other was an own goal, with an Eder Morales' cross been bundled home by a Swansea defender.

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2027 - Manchester United

Premier League

005aedc8.png

897a7bd8.png

A superb month, with three wins from three, two of which coming at Old Trafford againt good sides. We began the month with a comfortable 2-0 win at home to Spurs in what was a thoroughly professional job. Everton awat was our next assignment, and we coasted to a 4-1 victory thanks in part to a brace from Karl Monington. He notched another double in the following game as we ran out comfortable 3-0 winners at home to Chelsea.

At the start of October, Sheffield Wednesday come to Old Trafford.

League Cup - 3rd Round

2c26b429.png

Not a great win, but with the side heavily rotated and a fair amount of young players in the side, this was a good performance. Even if the goals came from the more experienced players in the team!

In the 4th round we travel to Wolves.

September 2027 Continued

Champions League

00cad6b8.png

6f32bf6d.png

A truly great start to this years Champions League camaign. We went to Benfica and played excellently on the cunter attack, ripping them to pieces as we rampaged forward in numbers. That was followed that by a dominant performance over Feyenoord, with Leonel Colace smashing in four!!

Next up is a trip to Madrid to face Atletico.

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2027 - Manchester United

Premier League

d8de29ee.png

1e2698a6.png

A bit of a mixed bag this month; a couple of thumping home wins, but just a win, a draw, and a loss away. We started the month excellently against Sheffield Wdenesday, putting five past them with Leonel Colace hitting a double. Watford then gave us a real stern test. They took the lead but we came back to lead 2-1, only for them to equalise, and nearly snatch a winner, late on. After the international break we gave Huddersfield a thumping, before securing a good 3-1 win at Wolves with young striker Alessio Bani making the difference from the bench. The month ended with defeat at my former club Swansea. They went ahead early, but we soon pegged them back. Before the break though they were 2-1 up, but early in the second half we got it back to 2-2. However, in the 95th minute we failed to clear a corner, and a shot from the edge of the box deflected home off Aaron Wirth to give Swansea the win.

We get the chance to bounce back at home Stoke next.

League Cup - 4th Round

8aaeddc0.png

It doesn't look great, but the young side I sent out performed really well and deserved to go through. Just days after his impact from the bench against the same opposition, Alessio Bani was at it again. This time as a starter he hit a double to help us take it to a penalty shootout, which we won 3-2.

In th quarters we travel to Tottenham.

October 2027 Continued

Champions League

e89cf74f.png

b8599422.png

We may have lost, but I'm not going to moan as we put in a decent performance against a very good side. They took the lead after just four minutes, and bossed most of the first half. Just five minutes into the second period through we drew level, and had a few chances of our own in that second period. Much like the Swanea game though, we couldn't get ourselves ahead, and with just a few minutes to go Atletico won it.

In November Atletico head to Old Trafford, as we seek to go back to the top of the group.

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2027 - Manchester United

Premier League

PL%20Fixtures%20-%20Nov%202027_zpse0b635d2.png

PL%20Table%20-%20Nov%202027_zps76bf9e89.png

Delighted with this month, showing the strength to bounce back after a couple of sloppy performances at the end of last month. We started by squeaking past Stoke, but that wasn't a huge surise in a way as we were missing a host of strikers. We nicked the winner in the 93rd minute thanks to youngter Alessio Bani. Bolton were then put the the sword with Karl Monington grabbing a double. He then got one and assisted the other as we beat Arsenal 2-0 at Old Trafford to round off an excellent month.

Our next league game is at Anfield, before a long break until Boxing Day because of our participation in the Club World Cup.

November 2027 Continued

Champions League

CL%20Fixtures%20-%20Nov%202027_zpsa0015ae7.png

CL%20Table%20-%20Nov%202027_zps58975c25.png

With a triker shortage hampering us, I didn't hold out loads of hope of getting the goals to beat Atletico. As with in the league, a young striker stepped up as Kenneth Gustavsen got us on our way. Atletico pegged us back though and it looked to be heading for a draw, until the 91st minute when Aaron Parkinson struck a winner. Come the Benfica game Leonel Colace was fit again and he came in the hit a double in an easy 4-0 win.

We travel to Feyenoord in the final group game knowing that if we equal Atletico's result we will top the group.

Archived