Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

That transfer budget is insane!
I second cerud's comment.

It is yes...............pity I've not needed to spend any of it as all my transfer business was done prior to the budget being set! :D

Now I'm just concerntrating on cutting players from the squad I no longer need!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2026/27 - Manchester United

Transfers

a8a1e9dd.png

An excellent transfer window for us, and even with the huge transfer bounty available to us we managed to make a bit of a profit (£6million). The players who left we mainly those who had either grown stale at the club or those who hadn't developed as I had hoped.

The one who will stand ut most to you is Bruno Pacheco, who we offloaded to Dortmund for £25million. Last season he managed eight goals and eight assists from 29 appearances, but the "Shoots From Distance" PPM had always annoyed me, and with a change of formation this season to 4-2-3-1 he would be a liability in AMC role as he would just be whacking shot a goal rather than threading passes through.

Aside from that, players such as Cabral (£65,000 p/w), and Kammel Hammani (£42,500 p/w) were no longer really needed. They hadn't had loads of games last season, and I refuse to pay such figures to players who will just be at the club as back-ups. Youngsters Vincenzo Tilli, Alexey Romanenkov, Mael Proust, Karl Robinson, Trevor Ward, Thomas van den Berg, and Greg Spellman, all left as they hadn't quite developed as I had hoped.

And as for Amido Nhasse, who some of you will remember had a sensational loan season at Stoke a few seasons back, is just a pain in the backside. Getting him and his ridiculous wage demands off the books was neccessary for squad harmony, and we got a brilliant loan fee for him. PSG can also buy him for £20million if they so wish.

Here are the players that joined the club over the summer;

Ilija Halilovic

A fairly steep fee for one so young, but his 4* potential makes this a long term investment. The fee is being payed with £8million upfront with £10million spread over four years.

Hugh Durrant

Some of you may recognise this player - I signed him when I was Manchester City many years ago. He has spent the last three years at Crystal Palace and has developed very nicely. His fee of £9.25million is low for a player of such quality.

Victor Palop

Another young man with 4* potential who could really turn into a top drawer player if he is handled right. For this season he has heded to Burnley on loan, and he has started well there scoring four goals in two appearances.

Gregg Morton

As with Hugh Durrant, some of you will remember this player as I signed him at City back when he was just 17 years old. He has developed wonderfully over the years, and last season he had a full season of first team football at Stoke which has done winders for him. My only regret is that his agent wouldn't even discuss a move last sumer when he was available on a free. £11million of his fee is payable over 30 months.

Squad

1e6d55a1.png

Any players you want a screenshot of, just ask!

I love this squad. Twenty five players of excellent quality, with a lovely blend of young and experienced players. I can't wait to get the season underway with this group of players.

Preseason 2026/27 Continued

Preseason Friendlies

c5f9a97a.png

Some excellent morale boosting wins early on during the South African leg of our tour. And then two tougher, but still good wins on the American leg, make this a very pleasing preseason. With Gomes again missing throughout preseason, Leonel Colace was bang in form heading into the Community Shield.

Community Shield

42a313b8.png

League runners-up Arsenal were our oppoosition in this years Community Shield, and it was a very good game. We were the better side, but defensively we weren't at the races and Arsenal scored two very preventable goals. Still, we got the win on penalties.

Time to get on with the season, first up is a trip to Stoke - the same as the opening day last season.

Some very nice signings there Tom :thup:. Cracking pre-season and nice to start the season with a trophy.

My favourite has to be Morton - i finally get to manage him properly after spending a combined total of over £40million on him with the two Manchester clubs! :D

That is some crazy pre-season scores there.

Well i was sending out very strong teams as i want to hit the ground running at the start of the season.

Champions League Group Stage Draw 2026/27

Due to me forgetting to do a screenshot of the Premier League table from August, I will be posting an August/September update instead. Before I do so, here are the groups for this seasons Champions League;

7914ecc7.png

A decent draw for us really. I would imagine we'll manage three wins at home, and then if we take a point at Porto I'll be happy with that and the other two games will take care of themselves.

Our first game is at home to Genoa.

Thomas Lewis' Career - August/September 2026 - Manchester United

Premier League

97fbe3f3.png

d7df8f01.png

To be frank, that is a stunning start to the campaign. Six wins from six, and an amazing 26 goals banged in already!

The season started in great fashion, with us thumping Stoke 6-0 away from home. Our first home game of the season saw a good Swansea side beaten comfortably enough 3-1. And we rounded off August with a 4-1 win away at Leicester; Gomes notching his fourth goal in three games.

September started off in much the same fashion, with us thrashing Sheffield Wednesday 5-0, and then romping to a 3-0 win away at Everton. The end of September saw the other team with a 100% record come to town - Tottenham. What this game brought was something special. We trailed within ten minutes, but equalised on the half hour mark. Just three minutes later though Spurs went back ahead from the penalty spot, and at halftime they lead 2-1. After a bollocking at halftime, the team were excellent in the second half, and we went 3-2 up before they had a man sent off, and after that we romped home to a sensational 5-2 victory.

October starts with a trip to Wolves.

League Cup - 3rd Round

739c42f5.png

A brilliant performance from a much changed side. Gokhan Kip was simply outstanding from the right wing, putting in his best performance since joining the club last summer, and Hugh Durrant put in a great performance in midfield.

In the 4th round, we travel to Chammpionship side Newport County.

August/September 2026 Continued

Champions League

28c612b5.png

be54e5d3.png

A very pleasing start to this seasons Champions League campaign. We came from behind to beat Genoa 2-1 with Leonel Colace really coming up with the goods when they were needed. In Portugal we took the lead after half an hour of Porto dominace, and after that it continued in the same vein. We defended well enough, but eventually Porto equalised. I couldn't complain, but a point in the Dragao was very welcome.

Up next is a double header against CSKA, the first game being in Russia.

Just thought I'd show you this chap;

Gavin Kearney

I discovered him in the under 18's at the end of last season, having somehow had him slip past me before. He was immediately drafted into the first team squad, and given Gary Neville's old number 2 shirt. Because of him I was happy to let Kamel Hammami go in the summer. I'm very much looking forward to his development over the next few years.

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2026 - Manchester United

Premier League

b64d7a4e.png

23ab221e.png

Another month in which we won all our games see's us sitting pretty at the top of the table with 100% record after ten games. We got the breakthrough early against Wolves but failed to capitalise, thankfully David De Gea was in inspired form as we held on for the win. At home against Fulham we were much better, and came away from the game with a comfortable 3-0 win, Karl Monington with a brace. Against Ipswich we weren't as good as the 4-1 scoreline suggests - we had to rely on a brace from defender Christian Radu to see us safely home. The month finished with a much better performance away at Bolton, even if the scoreline again tells a different story.

Next up is a home game against Huddersfield.

League Cup - 4th Round

ea3f8c82.png

A comfortable win away from home against the Championship midtablers. Parkinson and Monington hit the back of the net in the first 23minutes, and the rest of it was played out at walking pace, with us just keeping neat and tidy possesion.

In the quarters we travel to Arsenal.

October 2026 Continued

Champions League

f2352941.png

c46bf420.png

A fabulous performance away in Russia. I rested a couple of players, and one those to come in to the side was young AMC Patrice Casiano - he was magnificent, bagging himself a hattrick. Gomes though outshone him, with two goals of his own and three assists.

CSKA come to Old Trafford in the next round of fixtures.

Great start to the season there, you and city seem to be streaks ahead of the others (bar Tottenham, maybe).

Tottenham are usually there or there abouts - last seasons sixth placed finish was just a blip for them. I'd expect them to pretty much keep up all season.

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2026 - Manchester United

Premier League

a14a4a29.png

5782cd53.png

Yet another amazing month - fourteen wins in a row!!! What is most pleasing is that everyone is contributing - players are stepping up to the plate when needed, such as Gomes smashing in a hattrick in the 4-0 win over Huddersfield, or Gokhan Kip bagging an 86th minute in the win at West Ham. Keith Ellis was another who stepped up; given a rare start aginst Crytal Palace, he got himself a brace in a 5-0 win.

The final game of the month was a cracking 3-1 win at rivals Liverpool. Gomes notched within minutes, and Christian Radu doubled our lead in the 17th minute. Just after the break Karl Monington made it 3-0!! Liverpool grabbed one back with just over twenty minutes to go, but we held strong and got a well deserved 3-1 win.

Next up are Arsenal at Old Trafford.

November 2026 Continued

Champions League

b5520da8.png

98566853.png

Well we stuttered past CSKA after I rested players, but that result meant we had qualified for the next round. I reted players again away in Italy against Genoa, and we suffered somewhat, though also put in a spirited performance. Twice Genoa went ahead, and twice we pegged them back. We then went 3-2 infront with just three minutes to go, but Genoa grabbed a dramtic equaliser in the fourth minute of stoppage time.

We head into our final group game against Porto knowing that we will top the group if we win.

2c665bcc.png

Not happy at all about this. It first cropped up in February 2026, and we sorted it by sitting down and thrashing out a new contract that more than doubled his wages. Not even a year later and he has decided once again that it is time to move on. This time there will be no new contract or even trying to reason with him - I'm getting rid.

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2026 - Manchester United

Premier League

eedb23bb.png

4d55158e.png

An up and down month to be honest, but we're still right there despite City's game in hand. It started excellently with a solid win over Arsenal, before a sloppy draw at West Brom. The Derby was next, and even though we didn't deserve three points, we were harshly done by as City's goal came from an incorrect onside decision. We bounced back from that with three wins from three at home though, the most satisfying a 4-0 vicotry over Chelsea. The month ended with a decent point at Swansea, but we head into the new year only leading the league on goal difference, with City having a game in hand.

League Cup - Quarter Final

4a000b69.png

We may have lost, but I was delighted with how the side performed. A much changed side really put in a good display, and probably deserved to take the tie all the way to penalties, but it just wasn't to be. We wish Arsenal well in the rest of the competition.

December 2026 Continued

Champions League

85d46b70.png

d32d2d17.png

Excellent performance to ensure we topped the group. Despite already being through to the next round I sent out a strong side, and they did a thoroughly professional job. Was delighted that Morales got on the scoresheet - it was his firt start of the season due to injury.

The draw for the next round is somewhat tricky looking.

That Man City defeat really brings things into perspective!!

The Champions League also looks very interesting indeed. Some big teams and some very big ties there. Shame on the defeat to Arsenal. At least someone else will get their hands on the Tom Lewis Cup now :p.

That Man City defeat really brings things into perspective!!

The Champions League also looks very interesting indeed. Some big teams and some very big ties there. Shame on the defeat to Arsenal. At least someone else will get their hands on the Tom Lewis Cup now :p.

Yep, can't believe how they have kept up with us to be fair. After winning our first fifteen games, I would usually expect to be able to live with a run like we have had since the Arsenal game, but christ they won't go away! Thankfully their game in hand is away against Swansea, so it isn't an easy one!

Regarding the Champions League, we have been better off finishing second in our group so we could get drawn with, erm, Juventus. :D

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2027 - Manchester United

Premier League

d54a84e1.png

9034a997.png

Thrilled with this month as we were without both Gomes and Leonel Colace for the whole if it. New signing Alessio Bani (17) was called upon much earlier in his United career than I would have wanted, but I was delighted with his impact from the bench. We started with a terrific home win againt Leicester, and winger Gokhan Kip was in excellent form. A comfortable win at Sheffield Wednesday followed, with youngster Alessio Bani getting a second goal for the club from the bench. Karl Monington then banged in a hattrick against Everton to round off a very good month for us.

We have a tough game next; Tottenham away.

FA Cup - 3rd Round, 3rd Round Replay, And 4th Round

9d1025fb.png

Appalling stuff in two games against West Brom and we really didn't deserve to go through to the fourth round. We were lucky in the first game to escape with a 0-0 draw, and in the replay we had to rely on an 86th minute equaliser to take it to extra time. Thankfully we got to penalties and managed to win the shootout. Against Everton in the fourth we were much better and deservedly won 3-0.

In the fifth round we face Bristol City at Old Trafford.

Transfers

We got a bit of business done in January signing two very good young players, who have excellent potential with years ahead of them.

Alessio Bani

Excellent young propect, who as you have already seen has made an immediate impact. For just £1.7million, his 3 and 1/2* potential make him an exceptional prospect, nevermind just an excellent one.

Marreco

His £4.5million was a bit more than I was willing to pay, but his 4* potential makes him a bit of a steal. I can't wait to see him develop.

Archived