FMCU United!!

jackripper

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FCMU United End of season review 2013/14

League Table -- We did the unthinkable considering the resources we have at the club as we managed to get automatic promotion to League 1 following last seasons success. I am so proud of my players and we were only a whisker away from going up as Champions but a 4-0 defeat to Crawley on the final day saw the end to that dream. However not one to complain because we must be proud to what we have acheived in the 3 seasons ive been at the club.

Squad--Again some brilliant perfomances this season but we seem to struggle defensively when we pick up a few injuries. A few of you will unfortunatly be moved on as you just arent good enough for the squad anymore. Harsh i know but i havent signed one player since arriving at the club and if were going to build then new blood needs to come in who are better than some of you. I will follow your careers if i decide to let you go and good luck.

FA Cup-- We got to the 2nd round but losing to League 1 side Carslisle ended a dream tie against one of the big boys in the 3rd round.

League Cup--Leicester showed there class as they beat us easily. 4-0 we lost.

St Johnstones Trophy--Crap trophy and not bothered.

Finances--Despite the success we lost around £100k this season which considering the size of the club is huge amounts to lose. However we have no debt at the club and that will help us in the future.

Key Player

Rancer1980--i forgot to take a screenshot of your stats last season but 8 goals in 41 games and an avr of 7.03 isnt setting the world alight but performances at some times would give Messi a run for his money. Wouldnt swap you for any other player, Unless Heskey was available then id have to think about it.

My Thoughts

So here I am 3 years at the club and after meeting with the chairman we both talked on how we can build on our rapid success and hopefully one day achieve our aim of bringing European football to the club. The fans are starting to slowly turn up to each game as our attendances start to increase slowly. We average around 4000 fans at home which for a club of our size is remarkable. We talked about how we can build the foundations of the club for the next 100 years and not just today.

However with money so tight we need to start operating on a profit if possible. I started with requesting a parent club to increase some income but the choices were between Doncaster and Norwich. It was a tough choice in all fairness as I know Norwich are the bigger club with a chance of me receiving better players on loans. However Doncaster offered more money, £12k each season. We agreed to go for the money as every little helps as you well know. I was hoping to reach an agreement with a Premier* league giant but we ended up with a team who we would be facing next season. Funny how a feeder club is nearly as big as the parent club it’s a funny world.

My toughest decision in my tenure lay ahead though as I didn’t really want to get rid of any of my players as they have helped in even the smallest way possible but they’ve all contributed. However being realistic here some of the players are passed there peak despite there young age and are destined to be setting there careers in the lower leagues of English football. Unfortunate I know but that’s the way it is. Im really torn on wether to keep them regardless of there abilty or should I say lack of.

I feel bad for maybe letting them leave but then feel bad because they don’t get no game time and will ruin there careers. What ever I do its got to be the best for the club and of course the player himself. Would you be happy not playing football for a club on the rise or would you prefer starting every game at a club going no where?

Anyways with the players leaving still giving me problems it was onto who I would bring in to the club. We needed players and maybe some experience but I couldn’t bring any one in good enough who had good experience. I managed to sign 4 youngsters who have good potential and will certainly offer us cover to the squad. I think my preference to signing youngsters will be my aim for the coming seasons and if some are sold for profit then that’s good but if they become something then even better.

So its safe to say despite how well we do in League 1 the future looks good and hopefully we can fight off relegation as I don’t see us gaining promotion again for the 3rd time. So fingers crossed.

I suggest you save your progress if you want to continue with the save, then retire your character and simulate 15 years, and then let us know where everybody ended up with their careers.

You obviously cannot go higher then this with the weak quality of players you have at your disposal :p

@ and there goes my first post on this forum :) more then a reader then a writer myself :)

I suggest you save your progress if you want to continue with the save, then retire your character and simulate 15 years, and then let us know where everybody ended up with their careers.

You obviously cannot go higher then this with the weak quality of players you have at your disposal :p

@ and there goes my first post on this forum :) more then a reader then a writer myself :)

I lurked for about 3 years before I actually started posting, hence the low post count for the age of my account!

FCMU United End of season review 2013/14

League Table -- Surely not 3 promotions in a row????? Well not exactly however i wasnt really expecting that and we found ourselves in the strange position of a relegation fight. We really got dragged into it come the end of the campaign however vital wins over Bradford and Hull most definataly saved us falling into the relegation trap door. With survival garaunteed for next season we must now look at ways on how to get out of this league and move one step closer to our dream of Premier League football.

Squad--My players adapted to League 1 okay but we need to add some quality if were looking to get out of this league. Its gonna be a busy summer as i look to bring a few players in however with finances not so good some will have to move on.

FA Cup-- Destroyed by Huddersfeild away 4-0 in 1st round. Disapointing as a cup run would give our damaging finances a little boost. Maybe next year.

League Cup-- 4-1 away defeat to Championship side Watford in the 1st round so not worth noting.

St Johnstones Trophy--Crap trophy and not bothered.

Finances-- Losing money still and can easily see us going into the red if we dont get out of League 1 next season. Just floating over the red with around £80k in the bank balance.

Key Player

Acidmonkey--Dominated in defence and was a key member at the back as he easily adapted to League 1 with some ease. Could easily play a higher level.

With some of my players still not reaching there potential and me running the risk of them stagnating i decided i would try and sell some players and also move out some on loan for some much needed football

jackrippernewsinbox8.png

HotChoc went on loan to Forest Green for some much needed football and didnt do to bad, SRL8 also joined Wrexham on loan where he played 22 games with no goals and an AVR of 6.77.

Players will be moved on for next season also with a few more heading out on loan and some moving on unfortunatly

jackrippernewsinbox.png

didnt ask for it and not to sure if im happy with it. The extra fans i wont say no to of coursae but the cost for a club with my finances is a major blow. Might even hamper my plans to strengthen the squad this summer. Maybe another season consolidating in League 1 with the current squad i have to work with.

Archived