Aiming for Auckland but missed by quite some way

AcidBurn

Mario Balotelli.....most definitely my favourite current player.Hope he can produce the goods for you!

Not expecting too many goals as he will more than likely be an inside forward as Vitesse already have one quality forward.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job with Norwich, promotion, 2 cup finals and Europa League run is a great effort.

Good move to Holland aswell, a real fun league to manage in, good luck :thup:

Cheers, looking forward to managing in Holland pretty sure I have only ever done one season there as Ajax on FM09 or something.

do-not-feed-the-trolls.svg

Couldn't see this on my phone last night, like it.

Vitesse-Badge.jpg

vitadam.jpg

Another free transfer who was more willing to come to Vitesse than Super Mario. I am hoping Adam's skill can create a few chances for the strikers throughout the season. The side were in desperate need of some creativity and Adam fits the bill perfectly he is far better than most clubs midfield players on the Dutch league.

vitcattermole.jpg

The third free transfer and lets face it sometimes you just need someone who will kick the crap out of the opposition and being as I play as Sunderland a lot I know exactly what I am getting with Cattermole, not many better at kicking the opposition than this lad.

Just caught up with this. Nice move to Holland :cool:.

Seems a pretty fun league at the moment, I was aiming to win every continental champions league but I also want to try and win domestic titles in as many countries as possible.

Charlie Adams looks so much better in your save than in real life :)

Good luck in Holland!

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought about Adam.

Vitesse-Badge.jpg

vitesse20leaguegames.jpg

20matches.jpg

The league has started off a bit good without a single loss in 20 matches but you see that Europe has been very very different. We were lucky in the wins against Ajax and AZ but apart from that we have played pretty damn well and as you can see from the scorer against Ajax we made quite a brilliant signing in January. We were most impressive against VVV with Leo destroying them as a lone striker. Balotelli has been pretty good so far but Cattermole has picked up the odd injury, to be fair Charlie Adam has not been that impressive playing either AMC or MC.

I hate to say it but could an unbeaten season be possible it is a secondary target and I will not alter my tactics to try and achieve it but passing the halfway mark surely would be making the fans think it is possible. Also worth pointing out that despite the unbeaten run Heerenveen are managing to keep up with us quite well due to us drawing a fair few of our games.

clmatches.jpg

European Disappointment

What can I say this has got to be my most disappointing Champions League appearances ever. IT all started well as we hammered FC Bayern but then it turned to misery with one of my biggest FM defeats ever with a 7-1 thrashing by Chelsea. We were not too bad at home but away we were appalling and Chelsea came to our place and really showed us how to play football. The only silver lining is the Europa League where we will play Monaco but I just cannot see us getting anything against them. This has highlighted the need for us to really try and strengthen the team for next years European competitions.

Player Profile - Leo

leowo.jpg

[video=youtube;cblSAyXcwU8]

The skilful 21 year old Brazilian striker was signed for Vitesse in 2013-14 for £2.9 million from Cruzeiro. He is a very good player as you can see from his 19 goals in 20 league matches and I am pretty sure he could make it in a higher league than ours but he has not attracted any interest yet. The video also shows he is responsible for one of the greatest misses in the history of football, brilliant control is followed by a really awful finish and the ball cannons off the crossbar.

[video=youtube;Yu6daFrz-x4]

Luckily for us this is what he normally does and as you can see these highlights are from the same match that had him miss one of the easiest chances ever.

Vitesse-Badge.jpg

January Transfers

Yaya Sanogo

First signing was Sanogo bought by Man City at an early age and never used, pretty much a problem that occurs a lot in FM. They were willing to let him go so I asked the board to sign him and they agreed and went and spent £3.9 million to bring him here. I think he will have problems getting past Leo for the lone striker role but it is nice to have rotation and competition.

Robin Van Persie

He might be 32 and on 48k a week but he only cost 825k and still has some class, bought mainly to play at AMC so I can move Charlie Adam back to MC and see if he performs better there. His pace has gone but his other attributes are pretty damn good.

Cor Looyen

The first of two youngsters sent to us on loan by the parent club that humiliated us in Europe. I was hoping to get another winger in and as I was searching we were offered this lad so I accepted the loan and he will start on the bench most of the time as cover for Tshabalala on the left and Balotelli on the right.

Tomas Kalas

The second player to come from Chelsea and he gives us something we lack in defence, a bit of pace.

Overall I am very happy with the players we signed and I cannot wait to get RVP playing and back in Dutch football that's if he doesn't get injured.

Oooft, what a start.

Was always going to be tough in the Champions League but at least you can fall back on the Europa League :thup:

I hope so trouble is we could face Juventus if we beat Monaco.

Tough group you had, but you have a good side so you should do well in Europe.

I will be happy once I can start to really shape the squad myself then I think I can do better in Europe with a bit of luck.

Excellent stuff in the league, it's without a doubt there for the taking.

The Champions League was a bit of a let down, but your group was really tough. Hopefully the Europa League will provide a path to a trophy.

Wouldn't have been so bad if silly as it sounds I had lost to Bayern, that 4-1 win gave me a bit of false hope. The league as the old cliche say is ours to lose.

The bank balance is usually at between £20 million and £30 million judging from last seasons finances the chairman put in £18 million but my starting budget was around £4 million. I converted that into wages the chairman spend £3.9 million for me when I requested it then raised the budget to around £3 million in January. I think he is a bit tight if anything.

Vitesse-Badge.jpg

vitleague.jpg

vit2nd.jpg

We managed to hold on and kept going to win the title. The last two games were of no meaning as we had already won the league by then so I gave some of the youngsters a run out to avoid injuries for the Cup matches. Our form was really stuttering we won 2-1 at Ajax but the stats were something like 23 shots to 9 and 6 clear cut chances to 1. However good teams play bad and still win something which we did well enough. At one point we were only three points ahead of Heerenveen and in the match they went 1-0 up meaning they also took over us in first place on goal difference. However I would like to dedicate this next goal to Flamers who for some reason has a dislike of Super Mario.

[video=youtube;q88NI2o1Tk8]

That goal put us 3-2 up in added on time effectively clinching the league title for us.

The Dutch FA Cup and Europa League

vitcup.jpg

Goals from Troest, Leo and Tshabalala secured a domestic double of us we were quite lucky against PSV with an extra time win inspired by Sanogo who grabbed his first goals for the club. Very happy with the Cup win and the league win. The Europa league was extremely poor with us beating Monaco 4-2 at home only to lose 3-1 away and see us go out on away goals. Meaning the late goal to make it 4-2 at our ground ended up being very important.

Best 11

vitbest11.jpg

Pretty pleased with the team although slightly disappointed that Balotelli and Adam were not more consistent but overall there contribution domestically was pretty good. The area that needs improving must be the defence with at least one CB needed for next season. Leo was sensational all season and constantly delivered against all sorts of teams. I can see me buying quite a few players now I can attract some decent ones.

You certainy got a nice group of players there Acidburn. Keep it up.

Hopefully we can build on the team but I am starting to get itchy feet and can feel me struggling to stay for another season.

Good Luck, least if Mario plays bad he can get on the fans good side by throwing £20 notes at them

I am sure something crazy would have happened in Holland involving Mario at some point lol.

I still hate him :)

I knew a single title clinching goal could not change your mind.

Brilliant season m8!

Cheers dude, hopefully more of the same next season.

Congrats, Looks like i was wrong! surprised at Cattermole to be fair

Thanks, as a Sunderland fan I doubt you will have any faith in one of my next signings.

Well done on winning the league.
Congrats on winning the league :) Some awesome signings too

Thanks dudes, hope I can repeat it this season.

Well done a great double!

Just a question... are all the teams you're going to manage going to play in yellow? :D There's more than you think!

Villarreal next surely!

Vitesse-Badge.jpg

Summer Transfer Signings 8 Days of Madness

Andy Carroll

Has been cast to one side by Liverpool in game he has made 50 starts for them scoring 25 goals. I signed him up for a huge transfer fee of £0, last season I felt we did not have a plan B and playing one upfront is not really my style. I wanted a targetman and what ever my real life Sunderland fan feelings about Carroll are he does have some good attributes to play the role I want him to, I figure he can team up well with either Leo or Sanogo and hopefully they can feed of his knock downs.

Aron De Raes

Not much to say about this guy I just need another GK in the squad he is pretty poor but only cost 170k so what can I expect.

Dani Parejo

An expensive loan signing it would have cost £4.8 million to sign him permanently but I decided to pay £1.1 million to loan him with the option to buy of £3.6 million. Hopefully he can produce for us either deep at CM or just behind a striker when I do play only one main attacker. He has some skill but I am wary having signed him on previous games and seen him not perform.

Danny Da Costa

This deal was sealed a long time a go when I offered him a contract in January and he agreed to sign for us. He is not the best physically but he is much better than any of our other defenders plus his ability to play CB or RB is a bonus for the club.

Francesco Acerbi

Our biggest signing money wise costing £4.6 million he has decent attributes all over to play CB and is far above the level needed for this league. The main thing I liked about him is the decisions and concentration attributes along with decent tackling and heading. The amount of goals we conceded due to idiot defenders messing up was bad last season. Hopefully he can make us a bit more solid but knowing my tactics I doubt he will lol.

Lorenzo Burnet

Not a spectacular signing by any means but a solid one and a player that is classed as home grown in Holland. He has very good physical attributes but lacks a bit mentally.

Steven Defour

A great signing in my opinion, not brilliant defensively but sitting deep and controlling the game would be his biggest strength. Yet again he was another free transfer after only featuring 49 times in 5 seasons at Porto following his £5.25 million transfer. Should bring a touch of class to the team.

I am happy with the signings and still have some money to spend the only player on my radar at the moment is Raul Meza trouble is the price. His club want around £9 million for him and his agent wants a few million as well. He won signing of the season last year when they got him for 875k he scored 18 in 33 games and averaged a 7.35. I am undecided if I will look elsewhere or just buy the lad.

If I decent job offer comes up that I can delay until next season this may well be my last season as Vitesse manager before I move onto another country, I would love to manage Celtic or Rangers so will add Scotland into the game for next season. I would also like a job in the NLS, Ukraine or Belgium.

wikimedia-org-flag-of-wales-2009-02-09_203253_wales-flag-l.jpg

First job at International level

12427832.jpg

I applied for several International jobs as this is part of the game I do not do often usually because I fail at it quite badly apart from a run to the World Cup semi-finals with Mali on FM11. I went for the Ireland, England, Wales, France, Italy and Spain jobs, I was laughed off for most but got offered the Wales job so I accepted. The above is our qualifying group for the 2018 World Cup it looks like an okay group with England obviously being the major threat and they will probably top the group. We have several key players who we need to be fit for us to stand any chance at all those are firstly Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey, next would be players like Ched Evans and Jack Collison.

So here goes, I warn you this maybe a short lived and disappointing managerial reign.

Some brilliant signings and nice work getting the Wales job. Not a bad group that actually.

Thanks, the group is as good as it could be. If England slip up then there is a chance I could go through but I am not good at international management.

Archived