Aiming for Auckland but missed by quite some way

AcidBurn

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck with Wales, I love the Carroll signing though!

Cheers, he started well for his first 12 games but is struggling to score now despite some great link up play.

Congrats on the double,some brilliant signings as well.

Good luck with Wales :thup:

Thanks, I like my signings but PSV have spend £20 million strengthening their squad.

Good luck with Wales!

Cheers, always like Wales living so close to there so I was very pleased to get the job.

wikimedia-org-flag-of-wales-2009-02-09_203253_wales-flag-l.jpg

walesgroup.jpg

walesgames.jpg

A great start although a pretty easy one to be honest. The Qualifying has gone great but I was slightly disappointed I could not start off my reign with a win over Hungary. After we drew with Hungary they went on to beat England 1-0 in their next game England struggled to beat Kazakhstan only winning 2-1. I am playing a 4-3-3 with three strikers which means playing Bale either at LB or as I prefer playing him upfront on the left hand side, although out of position he has been pretty good. Ledley has outshone Bale during these first few matches as has Sam Vokes a player who is awful at club level leading to the media saying it will be hard to for me to pick him, luckily for him I only picked like most based on how players do for me.

Next up is a trip to Wembley but that is quite a long time away yet. I think this is the reason I struggle to stick to international management the fact that there is so long until the next vital game.

Wow - that's quite a team of misfits and rejects you are assembling.

And you're managing Vitesse too :p:D

Great read so far - especially like how the move to Holland turned out. :thup:

Thanks, I think that's what drew me to a place like Holland other clubs older players and rejects make really good signings over here and Vitesse have the ability to over pay players to make them want to sign with us.

Vitesse-Badge.jpg

vit2nd10games.jpg

vit10games.jpg

Not a brilliant start by any means as we sit 4th but have a few games in hand that can really improve our league position but that all depends on if we can win them. More losses in the first 10 games this season than the first 20 last season. Andy Carroll has been great in the Champions League and the domestic cup but is struggling to score at times despite great link up play with Leo. Charlie Adam has had a new lease of life and is putting in an average of 7.5 so far this season.

vit2ndcl4games.jpg

Much better in the Champions League this season than last. We drew Bayern again and managed to beat them again at our ground convincingly as Andy Carroll and Leo destroyed them. Before the Bayern match we played Sevilla and it looked like we were going to lose after surrendering a 1-0 lead to go 2-1 down but Carroll equalised in the 87th before Leo hit the winner in the 90th. Two wins from two matches were followed by disappointing matches against Fenerbahce a 0-0 away wasn't too bad but a win would have practically secured our place in the knock out rounds. Next we have Sevilla at home and Bayern away, the home match will give us a real chance of winning and going through to the next round.

carrollc.jpg

After only a few months in a Vitesse shirt Andy Carroll is off to Chelsea. I figured a £9.25 million turn around on a free transfer in only a few months is good business for the club.

Sherman Cardenas

Santos

I used the Carroll money to buy a player who used to be legendary on FM Sherman Cardenas, he was £2.2 million and will provide good back up for numerous positions throughout the team. The next player is a direct positional replacement for Andy Carroll, he will play up front and he crossing ability in a 4-3-3 should provide decent chances for the rest of the attackers. Overall I am very pleased with the signings and like I said the money for Carroll was too good to turn down.

Close but you should be able to make it.
A win over Sevilla should see you through.

I am pretty confident.

Some people never learn.

What does long been his dream to play at a higher level mean? He has only been here for a few months lol.

I'm guessing it's only the English leagues that have the rule: You can't sign someone on a free and sell them for money in the same or next transfer window?

It must be, I am happy with the turn around in profit for having a player for 6 months. That's why I always search for free transfers if they leave I make pure cash off them.

Vitesse-Badge.jpg

Vitesse20Games.jpg

Next10.jpg

A brilliant win against Ajax was followed by two very poor losses to not score at home against AZ was a real low. These losses however spurred the club on and we have won our last 6 in a row with Andy Carroll grabbing his last goal for the club before moving to Chelsea. His replacement Santos scored a good goal on his debut in a 4-1 thrashing of PSV. Sanogo has really stepped up his game lately as his Tony Trinidade de Vilhena a Dutch attacking midfielder signed late in the summer transfer window. Now all we have to do is win our game in hand to clinch top place again.

League Positions Graph

We have struggled this season so far to keep pace with Ajax and as you can tell have dropped quite low in the league mainly due to a similar thing that happened with Norwich. At one point we were 6 games behind Ajax and until recently have always had between 2 and 5 games in hand over the teams above us.

ChampL.jpg

We managed to beat Sevilla 2-1 at home after being behind just after the half hour mark. Acerbi headed in just before half time to level and Leo scored the winner in the 69th minute. Great news that we have qualified, bad news that we now face Inter Milan who I expect will beat us comfortably but you never know.

WalesFixtures.jpg

Itching to get to the next games as Wales manager, the next two are of real importance and we will find out if our challenge to qualify for the World Cup is a serious one or not. Facing the two biggest teams in the group and both away will not be easy but we must have a chance if everyone is fit and ready.

Looks like you could have a wealth of success domestically, abroad and on the international stage!

I certainly hope so but Champions League is hard work.

Good to see you top your champions league group. Bit surprised you only managed 1 point from a possible 6 against Fenerbahce though.

You've made some cracking signings though, lovely wheeler dealer

Thanks, I like trying to get free transfers in because we can pay pretty high wages. I was very annoyed that we didn't get more from Fenerbahce I had our home match against them down as an easy win.

Some really big games coming up against England :) Other than those two, all your games should be considered as winnable - 2nd Place is the least you should be expecting!

The England matches are the key to the whole qualification especially the one at home.

Vitesse-Badge.jpg

endleague.jpg

endseason.jpg

So managed to hold off Ajax and win the league for the second year running this time round we got exactly the same points as we got last season. We won the league the game before we went to Ajax and I let my assistant take care of the game against them which we lost 6-2. The other losses were all disappointing but didn't matter in the end. Sanogo and Leo ripped teams apart and new signing Santos also chipped in with some goals here and there. So all in all a great season in the league.

Champions League

Real disappointment once again, as you know we qualified and drew Inter Milan we spanked us 5-1 at the San Siro and we won 1-0 at our place. European football really annoys me we can get some good results but tend to get thrashed by the bigger clubs, I am not saying we should be beating them but we should not be getting hammered like we do.

Dutch FA Cup

We couldn't manage a double we beat lower league team FC Hilversum 5-0 and could have had more this set up a tie with another lower league side Rijnsburgse Boys we we only beat 1-0. Next up was FC Zwolle who the match before we beat 2-0 at their place but at home for some reason we were very poor and they beat us 2-1.

endbest11.jpg

The whole team was pretty good although the defence was once again leaking goals quite a lot Acerbi was decent enough but had the odd terrible game here and there. Not sure why Andy Carroll is in the starting 11 when Santos was much better all round. Not much to say about Leo and Sanogo who were totally brilliant. Charlie Adam was the real surprise as he scored 10 and assisted countless other goals. It is worth noting that Leo broke records for Vitesse scoring the most ever in one season, getting the most assists ever and also bagging the highest average rating ever.

Time to move on

It is a pity that the 6-2 thrashing that my assman took control of will be my last game as Vitesse manager but that's just how it goes at times. I decided to resign from the club as building a side that can challenge for the Champions League will take a long long time and I don't want to be at a club for more than 5 season this early in my career.

walesstuff.jpg

wales316.jpg

Two bad results against England saw us drop to 2nd in the group and now we must go through a play-off to reach the 2018 World Cup. Much more fluid football now that I have deployed a 4-2-3-1 with Gareth Bale in his natural position rather than a make shift left sided striker he has really improved. I focus all my play down the left and he delivers perfect crosses takes people on and is a joy to watch. I was worried when he got injured but luckily we only had to face Belarus and Kazakhstan so we managed okay. For some reason Ashley Williams has a good habit of heading in Bale's free kicks not sure if it is the header or the delivery or a bit of both.

Possible opponents for th e play-off are Portugal, Holland, Croatia, Switzerland, Iceland, Belgium or Slovenia. Obviously we want to avoid Portugal, Holland and Croatia but I fancy us against any of the other teams.

wales1o.jpg

wales2tw.jpg

We drew Slovenia one of the easier teams in the play-off's. As you can see we really took the first game to them but it never felt like a good performance until the main man Gareth Bale scored late on to put us 2-0 up and in a really commanding position for the second leg. We drew the second leg 2-2 and it was enough to see us through to the World Cup.

So Wales are going to the World Cup thanks to some talented players and a bit of luck. If Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley and Wayne Hennessey are all fit then we should do okay. Anyone know when the draw for the World Cup groups happens?

wc14.jpg

Not too bad of a draw Germany will be very hard and because I have had the MLS loaded for a few seasons now they have some quality newgen players and Tunisia are not the easiest either. Still it could have been a lot worse. Bit annoyed that it will not be the real German side as I forgot to do a certain thing before I started my save, I am guessing you cannot do that thing once your save has started. If I am wrong someone PM me.

A group you are capable of getting out of. I had a spell with Wales in 2015, I found finding a goalscorer tough. Only Church seemed to score. Do you have that problem?

Two dominant performances from Wales in your previous games, nice work :thup:

la-galaxy-logo2.gif

Off to America after a short stint in Portugal

After quitting at Vitesse I was offered several jobs and rejected two offers from the MLS at Houston and New York Red Bulls. New York were spending too much money on over the hill players in a bloated squad. I accepted a job at Leiria in Portugal and took charge for a game against the bottom team, we won 6-0 away and then the LA Galaxy job came up so I declared an interest in it. They then offered me the job and I accepted bringing an end to my 6 day stint in Portugal.

like clough but not as good ;) good uck in the word cup, and in the USA

lol, nowhere near as good.

Cheers for the comments, no David Beckham thank god. I like the LA squad no designated players and no foreigners means I have more options to build the squad.

Australia and New Zealand in the same group?

Arw yeah!

Pretty much what I thought.

I think my designated players are going to be very boring basically it is looking like two of my Wales squad Hal Robson-Kanu and Simon Church may end up taking two of the three spots. I will offer them a one year contract and see what happens, both are without clubs and I need them playing for my World Cup hopes. Also looks like I can bag Micah Richards on 4k a week not bad.

Archived