"If a chairman sacks the manager he initially appointed, he should go as well."

iHeadHunta x

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HavantandWaterloovile-2.png

2011-2012 Pre-Season Preview - Havant and Waterlooville Football Club

Wage: £625 Per Week I Contract Length Remaining: 1 Years

So I decided to extend my contract my a further year which meant I had a £275 per week increase on my wage.

Board Expectations

Blue Square Bet Premier: Mid-Table Finish

FA Cup: Reach First Round I FA Trophy: Reach Third Round

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £10.5k Per Week I Current Wage Total: £7.7k Per Week

Media Prediction: 22nd

The board want a mid-table finish but the media expect me to get relegated. With the players from last year and some new signings hopefully this year I feel a top half finish would be a very respectable finish. Anything in the top half will make me happy as a manager and then we can push on after that for promotion.

Transfer Activity

Transfer Summary

Club Signing of the Window: Ahmad Benali

Total Amount Spent: £0 I Total Amount Received: £0

Not as much transfer activity as last season with more players departing from the club this summer and 6 players being brought into the football club. Some of last seasons fringe players departed as well as some older players.Omar Jawo looks a fantastic player and will be my key defender this year. Kristian Kostrna, Rob Atkinson and Luke Joyce have been signed for backup for some first team players and Paulo being signing on loan as my first choice keeper from Gillingham.

HavantandWaterloovile-2.png

Season Review 2012/2013

Blue Square Bet Premier: 5th

Position Graph I Fixtures 1 I Fixtures 2 I Fixtures 3

Play-off Fixtures I Play-Off Final

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-1.png

FA Cup: 4th Round I FA Trophy: 2nd Round

A brilliant season in the context of last seasons promotion but dissapointed to lose in the Play-Off Final to Grimsby. We came so close to getting promoted again but it just wasn't meant to be.

We played consistently all season turning in results week in week out. I had a feeling automatic promotion was out of reach because Wrexham have been fantastic all year around so I knew my only chance of promotion was via the play-offs. I struggled in December/January due to the fact that Topp and Counago both picked up injuries. A few players have decided to retire at the end of the season. Towards the end of the season I knew that we had to be consistent and we cracked under pressure drawing 5 games in a row and then losing a crucial game to Mansfield near the end which left us having to win our last game and hope Ebbsfleet slipped up and luckily it happened to ensure our Play-Off position.

In the Play-Off semi-final we drew a strong Forest Green side which gave me some queries on wether my team could defy the odds and we certainly did we a comfortable 5-0 victory at westleigh park in the first leg before losing 3-1 away but it still ensured a Play-Off final place at Old Trafford via a 6-3 aggregate victory. We had Grimsby in the final and we played fantastically hitting the bar and post but we just couldn't put the ball in the net with Grimsby snatching a late winner so another season in the BSP will be on the cards next year.

In the FA Cup we were eventually knocked out of the competition in the 4th round against Man City after pulling off 2 suprise victories against League One opposition in Preston and MK Dons. We were terrible in the FA Trophy getting knocked out in the second round to BSS Side Basingstoke.

Squad

Overall Best Eleven

Fans Player of the Year: Omar Jawo

Managers Player of the Year: Omar Jawo

Top Goalscorer: Willy Topp (25 Goals)

The squad this season was capable of gaining promotion and they proved this by getting into the play-off final. Willy Topp and Pablo Counago were fantastic again when they was not injured with Omar Jawo being the star player of this season from the center of defence with consistent performances. We signed Stern John mid-season to help with the strike forces injury crisis. The main signing was Callum McManamam who was released from his previous club and he is predicted for huge things even predicted to become a good championship player in the future.

Other News

I have rejected an offer from League Two Bury to be their manager and BSP Burton Albion for manager aswell.

Well done on promotion!

Pablo Counago! :D :D

I had him in a game I played as Clyde, he became a legend!

It's a pity it hasn't kept his full stats as he retired or I'd post a screenshot, but he played in the Scottish third, second and first divisions, not sure if he retired before or after we got into the SPL though...

Just loaded the save, 139 played, 75 goals and he must have bagged at least that many assists because his average rating (from the overall best 11) is 7.41

I just wish I could get him in my slovakian save haha!

Well done on promotion!

Pablo Counago! :D :D

I had him in a game I played as Clyde, he became a legend!

It's a pity it hasn't kept his full stats as he retired or I'd post a screenshot, but he played in the Scottish third, second and first divisions, not sure if he retired before or after we got into the SPL though...

Just loaded the save, 139 played, 75 goals and he must have bagged at least that many assists because his average rating (from the overall best 11) is 7.41

I just wish I could get him in my slovakian save haha!

He is formiddable on my save, in the first season he scored loads and was the top goalscorer but in the second he got injured but still scored 16 in 32 so hopefully he can do it again this year despite his age.

Well done on promotion.

great front 2 with Willy Topp & Pablo Counago

Thanks Buddy, they are both goal machines!

Bad luck losing in the playoff final.

I'd have rejected those job offers too, as you seem to be doing fine with H&W. I'm sure you'll be right in the hunt for promotion again next season :thup:

I just felt if I stayed at a club like Havant and Waterlooville and gained promotion then my reputation would increase more than if I achieved promotion with Burton and Bury! Thanks for the comment AK

Archived