"If a chairman sacks the manager he initially appointed, he should go as well."

iHeadHunta x

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh so close...
Well that was a pretty impressive collapse! Seeing where you were at the half-way stage, I was convinced that you would have had promotion all sealed up by the end of March!

Better luck next year :)

Unlucky losing on pens. Better luck next year :thup:
Ouch,penalties is never the best way to lose.Hopefully next year will see you have better luck.

Yep we threw it away but Luton were formidabble, But penalties if a horrible way to lose a play-off final!

less players and less bills. with poor clubs i ignore youth altogether and refuse to buy players. I cut back as much as i can on things like junior coaching and spending. release all youth who i deem not good enough (4-5 stars) and try and get players who will be subs, backup on pay as you play part time contracts.

The problem I always have on every FM Save is I always make a loss each month and always have shocking finances till I leave, how can I make a profit each month instead of a loss.

It's a tough one really. If I am lower league I try to make friendlies against bigger sides during pre season, sell players at large profits, keep my wage bill under my allowance if possible, form a link with a top side, again if possible. I guess you probably already know all of this.

I never buy players if I can help it, I pretty much ignore reserves and youth until we can afford it. If you can try to offer £0 a week contracts with appearance fee's if possible too. Will save a tonne if you can get 5-6 fringe players on those if you are semi pro.

Where is your money going? Can you show us your finances? Match day expenses seem to be a killer this year.

Wages are taking a massive amount of money from you, are your players on part time contracts? If so see if you can shift some either out of the club and replace them on appearence only wages, or try to sign players who will accept those terms.

Match day expenses are half your match day income, I assume you don't fill your ground? That would be the only solution to that problem and there isn't a lot you can do other than gain promotion really.

How long is left on that loan you are paying £8k a month for? I can't really see.

I think you should hope for either promotion or investment really. The club will fold without either.

That's very worrying then :/

It is, Im going to have to keep going - hope for a rise in the league and achieve promotion to try and bolster the finances but it looks very unlikely. May have to resign whilst my rep is still in tact soon as the players are getting on my back for underachieveing now :(

Hey mate, it's pretty dumb but in FM 2012, lower league clubs give you wage budgets that they can never, ever afford. So you should maybe use half of that budget and that's your actual budget. Sad but true :/

Take holidays of 4-5 days or sth. Once I've missed offers from Chelsea, Liverpool and Real Madrid while on holiday because I didn't want to apply ALL the jobs :D

Archived