"If a chairman sacks the manager he initially appointed, he should go as well."

iHeadHunta x

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough break on the playoff loss, but junior coaching upgrade should help ensure some decent players are ready to play in the next few years. Hopefully, this year is the year to move into league play! :)

HavantandWaterloovile-2.png

2013-2014 Pre-Season Preview - Havant and Waterlooville Football Club

Wage: £625 Per Week I Contract Length Remaining: 1 Years

So I decided to extend my contract my a further year which meant I had the same wage but an extra year extended on my contract.

Board Expectations

Blue Square Bet Premier: Mid-Table Finish

FA Cup: Reach First Round I FA Trophy: Reach Fourth Round

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £17.5k Per Week I Current Wage Total: £12.7k Per Week

Media Prediction: 9th

The board want a mid-table finishand the media expect me to achieve a top half finish. With the players from last year and some new signings hopefully this year I feel a top half finish would be a very respectable finish. However I feel the team can achieve promotion after such as fantastic season last year.

Transfer Activity

Transfer Summary

Club Signing of the Window: Jody Morris

Total Amount Spent: £10k I Total Amount Received: £0

After the success of the squad last year after the dissapointment in the play-off final the squad was good enough for the upcoming season with a few additions. We need to sign a couple of keepers as we are short so we signed Paulo Gazziniga after his loan last year for 10k from Gillingham and Jose Sa on a free transfer. Matthew Kennedy was brought in on a free after being recommended by my scouts aswell as central defender Gary Fisher. The best signing of the window was ex-chelsea veteran Jody Morris for 5k from Scottish side St Johnstone.

Mid-Season Update 2013-2014

Fixtures

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-2.png

So far this campaign has been very successful. We sit very comfortably at the summit of the table with 5 points clear of Luton with also 2 games in hand other the 2nd place side. We have been in sensational form so far having played 23 games and still unbeaten. We have the best goal difference with +26 which is also very pleasing. If we can win the games in hand and continue this form in the second half of the season we should comfortably win the league and gain promotion to the football league. The squad has been very pleasing with each individual player contributing their part to such a successful opening campaign to the season. We are also in the 3rd round of the FA Cup waiting to play championship outfit Brighton.

Making some great progress :thup:
thats more like it. Here comes the big time.
Hope you don't blow it.
Excellent first half to the season. Keep up the good work :thup:.
Brilliant first half to the season' date='hope you can keep that form up![/quote']

Thanks a lot lads, I hope the form continues and then the football league will await!

good choice. the irish leagues are fun as you have no idea who to sign and all the players are so poor competition is always tight. I'd see how Glentoran are doing at years end now you delayed it. If they are struggling than i'd leave it as they could end up with lower rep than where you are.

Season Review 2012/2013

Blue Square Bet Premier: 2nd

Position Graph I Fixtures 1 I Fixtures 2 I Fixtures 3

Play-Off Fixtures I Play-Off Final

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-3.png

FA Cup: 3rd Round I FA Trophy: 1st Round

Season Summary

A season of highs and lows this year as we started the season in sensational form as we was unbeaten in the first 25 games. We came so close to achieving automatic promotion but Luton snatched first place off us on the final day.

We started the League sensationally and I knew it would be difficult to keep up our form so I just hope we could consistently get 3 points and come the end of the season hope we had doe enough for automatic promotion. However Luton had been fantastic all season and come May they was 7 points clear of us with 3 games left before they drew and lost which left us 2 points behind on the final day and we failed to win and Luton also won which ensured another play-off position for ourselves and to guarantee Luton the title. We struggled a lot with injuries as our key players kept picking up injuries so this can partly apply to our form dropping in the second half.

In the play-off semi-final we drew Newport County and got a respectable result away from home as we lost the game 2-1 but this gave us a chance of progressing infront of our home fans and we delivered duly playing them off the park in the second leg with a more than comfortably 3-0 victory to take us to our second final in 2 years against York. The game was play at Wembley in front of 38,000 fans but the game didnt excite as their was few chances. Our best chance came late on as Willy Topp hit the bar. The game went to penalties and our luck wasn't on our side as we lost on penalties.

In the FA Cup we had a nice little run again beating championship side in a replay before losing 2-1 to Premier League outfit Burnly at home in the 3rd round but the money came in handy. The FA Trophy was even worse than are exit in the second round last year as we lost the Newport County in the first round.

Squad

Overall Best Eleven I Team of the Year

Fans Player of the Year: Abdelaziz Kamara

Managers Player of the Year: Jody Morris

Top Goalscorer: Pablo Counago (16 Goals)

Are a minimal amount of transfer this season I thought the squad was capable of achieving promotion and they proved that my coming second but we unfortunately lost in the play-off final. The squad was fantastic for a large part of the year but Luton was formiddable. Pablo Counago and Willy Topp were fantastic again and the new signings came in and played their part in what is overall a good season.

HavantWaterloovilleSquad_Players.png

Archived