From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2072/73

Despite winning both European trophies last season, Northern Ireland had been struggling due to a lack of depth in the league.

League Table

We were so close to a perfect season, but the biggest surprise was Ballymena qualifying for next year's Champions League.

Domestic Cups - we were a bit shaky in the Irish Cup, losing to the eventual winners Ballymena.

UEFA Super Cup - it was great fun to have two Northern Irish clubs involved in this fixture.

FIFA Club World Cup - totally one sided.

UEFA Champions League - Barcelona ran us close, but we made our way to another win with a one sided final.

Glentoran in Europe - they had a great run, but it was a shame we had to play them.

Tobermore in Europe - they were so lucky to get through that group stage, but narrowly lost to Barcelona.

Newry in Europe - they performed miracles to get out of that group, but Inter were far too good for them.

Squad - we have quite a few players approaching 30, so I will need to start making plans to bring through replacements.

Transfers - I replaced both our or goalies at a huge profit, along with a new right back and a backup winger.

Premiership Transfers - Glentoran seem to be spending quite a bit, which is good news.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - he's no longer good enough for the first team, but he's great backup.

Pat Daws - last year's top scorer had another good season.

Vitaly Melnikov - signed to score goals, he's doing just that.

Abdullah Nahimana - he's changed nationality, but he's still an assist machine.

Laurent David - amazing to think he is still just 16.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2056/57   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2057/58   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2058/59   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2060/61   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2061/62   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2062/63   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2064/65   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2065/66   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2066/67   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2068/69   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Irish Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2069/70   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2071/72   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2072/73   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

There are two potentially huge things that could happen over the next year. A board takeover is on the horizon, and there is an unlikely chance of building a new stadium.

Nice to see 4 clubs in the Knockout Stages of the Champions League.

The flip side of having four strong CL teams is that we underperform in the EL. Portadown were the only club to make the grup stage, where they lost five of their matches :D

It's a shame that Linfield is in big decline. This year absence from Europe will hurt them a lot.

A bit like Glentoran, I think they are capable of coming back. They will probably find themselves back in pot four when they make it though :(

Reputation and Coefficients

Carling Premiership - 4th in European competitions (4 stars) - down 1

Northern Ireland - 4th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 67th in FIFA rankings - down 26

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Glentoran - 15th in UEFA coefficients - up 4

Linfield - 40th in UEFA coefficients - down 11

Newry - 28th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Tobermore United - 8th in UEFA coefficients - down 2

When did you start getting good regens in your youth team? I am playing similar game in Turkey at the moment, and even though I have state of the art youth facilities regens have only up to 1 and a half star potential. :(

When did you start getting good regens in your youth team? I am playing similar game in Turkey at the moment, and even though I have state of the art youth facilities regens have only up to 1 and a half star potential. :(

Steven Lennon was the first player that came through who was capable of making the first team squad (with 2.5 stars for potential), that was in 2043. Things were really slow for us though as we started off without any youth facilities, it took us decades just to build some.

Generally my youth players are poor, the best are 2 stars for potential and every so often I get a 2.5 star player. I've given up on developing them and tend to shift them onto other NI clubs instead. I don't think I've ever had a youth player who I couldn't have easily replaced by buying someone.

Yet another amazing career dafuge. I enjoyed reading every page. You've inspired me to start my own first ever career thread.

I just have a small request. I would like to take a look at the training schedules you've devised for your squad. You seem to have a huge abundance of well balanced players so I'd like to see how you went about training them.

Thanks.

I wonder if any clubs will ever come close to you in the league, it seemed like Glentoran were making massive strides a few seasons back.

They have come a long way recently, but I doubt they will ever challenge me for the league. They tend to keep up in the early stages but they always struggle when the fixtures pile up, they just don't have the squad depth to deal with it.

Yet another amazing career dafuge. I enjoyed reading every page. You've inspired me to start my own first ever career thread.

I just have a small request. I would like to take a look at the training schedules you've devised for your squad. You seem to have a huge abundance of well balanced players so I'd like to see how you went about training them.

Thanks.

Goalies

Centre Backs

Full Backs

Defensive Mids

Wingers

Attacking Mids

Strikers

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2073/74

The country has been suffering recently with the departure of the tycoons, but there was hope as clubs like Glentoran and Ballymena made great progress.

League Table

Tobermore hit back as Ballymena also did well.

Domestic Cups - we scored a lot of goals as we won the lot.

UEFA Super Cup - a nice easy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - completely one sided.

UEFA Champions League - close to a full set of wins, including a terrible final.

Glentoran in Europe - a superb run, just a shame they met us.

Tobermore in Europe - they did well but narrowly lost to Bayern.

Newry in Europe - oops.

Ballymena in Europe - they did superbly to make the group stage but soon ran out of steam.

Squad - there's a few players that will need replacing soon.

Transfers - we switched strikers for a huge profit.

Premiership Transfers - it was a real shame to see Glentoran selling Tom Sawyer.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - he's announced his retirement, so this is his last season. In total he scored 1073 club goals, plus 105 for his country. Legend.

Vitaly Melnikov - top scorer again.

Fabrizio Fabrizi - signed as a backup, he made a huge impact.

Samuel Fernández - a great season from the winger.

Pat Daws - did brilliantly as a supporting striker.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2056/57   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2057/58   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2058/59   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2060/61   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2061/62   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2062/63   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2064/65   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2065/66   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2066/67   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2068/69   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Irish Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2069/70   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2071/72   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2072/73   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2073/74   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

The big news came mid season as our new stadium was announced. We now have a two year wait to see it in action.

Reputation and Coefficients

Carling Premiership - 4th in European competitions (4 stars) - no change

Northern Ireland - 5th in UEFA coefficients - down 1

Northern Ireland - 70th in FIFA rankings - down 3

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Glentoran - 8th in UEFA coefficients - up 7

Linfield - 49th in UEFA coefficients - down 9

Newry - 36th in UEFA coefficients - down 8

Tobermore United - 10th in UEFA coefficients - down 2

Hi daf. got an issue which I'm hoping you (or anyone else who has been in a similar position) can help with.

I've taken Dromara Village to the Premiership which we have won three times in a row. We've done alright in Europe and have about £3m in the bank. I asked the board to go pro and they agreed but nothing has happened and it's been about 6 months!

Did you (or anyone else) have the same experience?

Archived