[FM12] Paris Saint-Germain FC

MrSundlofer

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have yesterday started a PSG game, I have signed Samba and Cheik M'Bengue. But now I want to buy a dmc, I cant choose between M'villa and Sissoko? Who should I buy?

I have never had Sissoko, however M'villa has been superb for me. Three seasons in he is easily the best DMC in the world, and im trying to deter teams such as Man Utd, Barca and Real for signing him as they all show major interest.

In a slight twist, i've been offered the French national team job. So im now managing Team and country!

JamboCriag - Lucas Digne, Sebastian Corchia & Serge Aruier are good options for full backs.

Guys, biggest game of my PSG career so far is round the corner! After dispatching of Besiktas, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Real Madrid(!!!)...I now find myself at the end of my second season about to contest the The UEFA Championd League Final..

It's gonna be a really tough game as I'm contesting the final with Manchester United... After the Madrid game I feel like I can compete, the only thing is its United..& in FM they are a different beast to most.

Any advice? This is a huge game for me, didn't expect to get here in my second only season espically sincey squad isn't as "star" layden as some of you fine fellows.. Although I have got things happening in the summer which I'll bore you with in my next update...soon.

I've had success in the past by having an anchor man mark Rooney all game. It is RIDICULOUS how good they made Rooney on FM, especially mentally - he's just so consistent and so determined. The only thing you can really do is hope Matuidi or someone can keep Rooney in their pocket. Other than that, maybe play a deep line to try to mitigate the pace of Chicharito. Good luck!

I have yesterday started a PSG game, I have signed Samba and Cheik M'Bengue. But now I want to buy a dmc, I cant choose between M'villa and Sissoko? Who should I buy?

Depends on your needs and formation. M'Vila is a better DMC, Sissoko is a better MC. Both are great professionals - they have high determination and, in a few years, their influence will probably increase to make them potential captains of club and country. In my experience, Sissoko is slightly more dynamic in attack - his physical attributes are outstanding, and he can run up and down the pitch all day long. If you train him right, he will supplement solid defensive play with more than a few goals of all sorts - headers off corners, 30-yeard screamers, poachers' goals - he really can do it all. M'Vila is probably better defensively and more tactically disciplined. He will make a superb deep-lying playmaker, ball-winning midfielder, or even anchor man, depending on which attributes to choose to highlight through training. He doesn't score that many, but he will make the spine of your team rock-solid.

Depends on your needs and formation. M'Vila is a better DMC, Sissoko is a better MC. Both are great professionals - they have high determination and, in a few years, their influence will probably increase to make them potential captains of club and country. In my experience, Sissoko is slightly more dynamic in attack - his physical attributes are outstanding, and he can run up and down the pitch all day long. If you train him right, he will supplement solid defensive play with more than a few goals of all sorts - headers off corners, 30-yeard screamers, poachers' goals - he really can do it all. M'Vila is probably better defensively and more tactically disciplined. He will make a superb deep-lying playmaker, ball-winning midfielder, or even anchor man, depending on which attributes to choose to highlight through training. He doesn't score that many, but he will make the spine of your team rock-solid.
t

Maybe ill get them both.

Don't forget you have Blaise Matuidi in the squad. A very good player.

But if you want to buy one anyway sign Yann M'Vila... :thup:

<a  href=http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7377/clfinaln.jpg' alt='clfinaln.jpg'>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Congratulations! You must be proud of that win!

I want to build my team with A. French players. B. Players produced at PSG. C. Players who support PSG. D. 1-3 exciting players from Argentina. E. 1-3 exciting players from Brazil. F. Players from the own youth academy.

Attributes to look for: technique, passing, determination, pace, stamina.

At the start of the third season I am happy with the first team, reserve team and youth team. All teams uses the 4-1-2-2-1 / 4-5-1 tactic used by the first team.

All the players in the reserve team (9 players) are out on loan to Ligue 1 or Ligue 2 clubs to play regular first team football. Both Jean-Christophe Bahebeck and Abdallah Yaisien were out on loan last season and this season they are a part of the first team. I rather have a reserve player as a backup in the first team than signing one. Richard Samnick will be an example of this. In the first season he was on loan at Clermont Foot 63 (Ligue 2), in the second season at AC Arles-Avignon (Ligue 2) and this season he is at Caen (Ligue 1) on loan. And a part of France U20 squad for the World Cup 2013. I'm aware of he will never be a first team regular at PSG but he's good enough to be a backup for the next 10 years.

I have signed two players so far - Paul Pogba and Patrice Evra, both from Manchester United. Patrice Evra was a long-time target and I'm delighted to finally have signed him. He started he's career at PSG so he's coming back. Paul Pogba is a project. He was highly rated at Manchester United and is highly rated here, therefore I have asked Lassana Diarra to be a mentor for him. I think he will develop to a quality player. He can be both defensive and attacking but I want to make him a more attacking player.

I'm not the best manager to buy players. Why? I really want to buy the right players for this club and some players looks like they are the right players but they're not, so it has been many cancelled transfers during the two seasons played. However, I need at least 1-3 new players for this season. I need backup left back (I have no good enough left back in the reserves or in the youth team) and a quality central defender.

Guys, there is a bug it seems in France that has been reported in the bug forum. For me it kicked in from season 4 I think. The reserve matches no longer have any detail and your 1st team players assigned to play for match fitness do not do this.. I'm going to put my game on hold until this is fixed.

Well done to the CL winners! Winning it in season 2 is quite an achievement!

MrSundlofer great ethos to undertake, I commend you.

In terms of your left back issues I can highly recommend Lucas Digne, Frank Tabanou(sp? Toulouse).

I'm targeting a few new players, I'll be extensively scouting the following - David Alaba, Lucas Moura, Benedict Howedes, Toby Alderweireld. Alaba & Lucas in particular impress me.

Going into season 3 I wanted to strengthen my squad so as to try and retain the Champions League, but I'm the other hand I want to try and stick to my plan of buying only French players or players with Ligue 1 experience.. With that said here's my summer business(I'm in the bus home so might have forgotten one or two)

-Shinji Kagawa - Dortmund : Bosman- Had my eye on him for a while, couldn't refuse an opportunity to get this standard of player in for such a steal. He can play all across the midfield, young enough to improve and brings more skill to supplement Pastore. Also my Marketing manager nearly had a stroke with excitement saying this signing would really help PSG's profile in the far east. Fantastic.

-Mithau Flamini - Free Transfer : Wanted some competition for Matuidi and Capoue, Matty brings that plus bags of experience and for me just an aura of class. Being on a free, 28yrs old and accepting £30,000 a week is a bargain for me.

-David Ospina - Nice : Bosman - Douchez was becoming a disruptive character and with Areola playing nigh on the entire 2nd season for me due to Siguri being I injured I needed a new option. David brings experience of the league, speaks French, has had a good couple of seasons and was prepared to accept back up status. Very happy with this signing.

-Yaya Sanago - Inter Milan : £1.75m - Was extremely gutted to have missed out on this lad at the start of my save, Inter sent him out on loan to Ligue 2 sides both seasons and he was a revelation. Made and enquiry and they accepted. Delighted, with Sanago, Niang & Ongenda I feel my front like is sorted for the foreseeable future.

-Adil Rami - Valencia : £6.5 - I now have France's number one partnership at the back as my back two! Very happy bringing Adil in, he shores up my defence and squad replacing the aged Lugano plus I hope he can help bring along the progress of Lelejue and Dede. A steal.

-Sebastian Corchia - Souchax : £15m - This lad has been one of my favourite players in FM for a while, some may say a bit pricey but he'll replace Jallet and be mine and France's no#1 RB for years to come. Great in defence and quality going forward, pace and stamina to burn. Legend in the making.

-Etienne Capoue - Toulouse : £13m - This was my most debated signing.. I wanted Sissoko or M'Vila but I needed the money elsewhere. Not that I've settled, Etienne is a commanding presence and a quality passer. I'm hoping I can mould him into he type of CM/DMC who can break play up but also support the more attacking players with runs and passes. Very happy.

proph - that sounds disastorous, any details? Think it'll be save game compatible should the fix it? That's almost as bad it not worse than the "clairefontaine bug"..

I'm pretty sure it would be compatible, it is as if the reserves league gets stuck in low detail mode (even if you change it again). It isn't a game ender (I had my best season in season 4) but a pain nonetheless. Hopefully everyone on here can report if they suffer it to and then add weight to the thread for the French league in the bugs forum. Hopefully it doesn't affect everyone..

You have made some nice signings there, Rami for £6.5m seems like a bargain, was he transfer listed? Kagawa is a great player too, I had a very good FM11 save with Dortmund.

For now I've started a save with Santos of Brazil but will return should they fix the bug.

I'm pretty sure it would be compatible, it is as if the reserves league gets stuck in low detail mode (even if you change it again). It isn't a game ender (I had my best season in season 4) but a pain nonetheless. Hopefully everyone on here can report if they suffer it to and then add weight to the thread for the French league in the bugs forum. Hopefully it doesn't affect everyone...

Hope they will fix it to the next patch then. I will try to play my third season very slowly then ;)

I'm targeting a few new players, I'll be extensively scouting the following - David Alaba, Lucas Moura, Benedict Howedes, Toby Alderweireld. Alaba & Lucas in particular impress me.

Going into season 3 I wanted to strengthen my squad so as to try and retain the Champions League, but I'm the other hand I want to try and stick to my plan of buying only French players or players with Ligue 1 experience.. With that said here's my summer business(I'm in the bus home so might have forgotten one or two)

-Shinji Kagawa - Dortmund : Bosman- Had my eye on him for a while, couldn't refuse an opportunity to get this standard of player in for such a steal. He can play all across the midfield, young enough to improve and brings more skill to supplement Pastore. Also my Marketing manager nearly had a stroke with excitement saying this signing would really help PSG's profile in the far east. Fantastic.

-Mithau Flamini - Free Transfer : Wanted some competition for Matuidi and Capoue, Matty brings that plus bags of experience and for me just an aura of class. Being on a free, 28yrs old and accepting £30,000 a week is a bargain for me.

-David Ospina - Nice : Bosman - Douchez was becoming a disruptive character and with Areola playing nigh on the entire 2nd season for me due to Siguri being I injured I needed a new option. David brings experience of the league, speaks French, has had a good couple of seasons and was prepared to accept back up status. Very happy with this signing.

-Yaya Sanago - Inter Milan : £1.75m - Was extremely gutted to have missed out on this lad at the start of my save, Inter sent him out on loan to Ligue 2 sides both seasons and he was a revelation. Made and enquiry and they accepted. Delighted, with Sanago, Niang & Ongenda I feel my front like is sorted for the foreseeable future.

-Adil Rami - Valencia : £6.5 - I now have France's number one partnership at the back as my back two! Very happy bringing Adil in, he shores up my defence and squad replacing the aged Lugano plus I hope he can help bring along the progress of Lelejue and Dede. A steal.

-Sebastian Corchia - Souchax : £15m - This lad has been one of my favourite players in FM for a while, some may say a bit pricey but he'll replace Jallet and be mine and France's no#1 RB for years to come. Great in defence and quality going forward, pace and stamina to burn. Legend in the making.

-Etienne Capoue - Toulouse : £13m - This was my most debated signing.. I wanted Sissoko or M'Vila but I needed the money elsewhere. Not that I've settled, Etienne is a commanding presence and a quality passer. I'm hoping I can mould him into he type of CM/DMC who can break play up but also support the more attacking players with runs and passes. Very happy.

That's some very good signings! Corchia and Sanogo great young players :thup: ...And a very good fee for Rami! He's valued £16M at Valencia in my save. I'm sure you will be happy with Capoue.

And good to see Kagawa will help PSG's profile in the far east. One of my feeder clubs is Osaka AC and the presence PSG in Japan will be a major benefit to all merchandising sales. Javier Pastore has been given the number 10 shirt, so I'm sure many Japanese will wear his shirt in the next season ;)

Going to start up my season now going to be tough like it always is for me on FM these days but hopefully i can build something. :)

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy PSG as we all do. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

MrSundlofer - Great midfield, loving the Diarra/Pastore partnership. Do you think you could improve on Matuidi? I still have him and just like Jallet I'm struggling to have a real reason to move them on. Fantastic team players.

Great midfield, loving the Diarra/Pastore partnership. Do you think you could improve on Matuidi?

Not really sure but he has improved his tackling and composure during my time here - via individual training. He has high attributes in tackling, anticipation, composure, determination, positioning, teamwork, work rate and stamina. And he's always in the France national team. The exactly player I want as my defensive midfielder. And I already have his replacement lined up - my 15 years old U19-team player Alain Dumont. He already has 20 in determination, 16 in teamwork and 16 in work rate... :thup:

I can also mention I have more players who can play in central (or the defensive) midfield: Kara, Mohamed Sissoko, Etienne Capoue, Clément Chantôme, Rachid Saidi, Marius Gaillard and Paul Pogba.

177jZ.png

As you can see, I was given the option of choosing my own feeder club, obviously I gleefully accepted. Any ideas on who to choose? Should I go for a lower team in Ligue 1 so that they get experience in the league? Should I go for a team in South America/Asia/Eastern Europe to increase my reputation around the globe? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Another thing I would like to bring up, the development of Kara. On my save, he's coming along very, very nicely despite a 6-month injury lay-off at the end of the first season.

July 2011 (Start of season 1)

M0msV.png

March 2013 (3/4 through season 2)

iAqBW.png

As you can see, A good improvement on all the Physical stats as well as some mental and technical ones. I'm thinking of training him to be a CB to be the long term partner of Sakho at the heart of defense. Should I get Lugano to tutor him to get a quick boost on his mental attributes?

Wait, If I make someone my feeder team, Do I get first dibs on some of their players?

It depends; you can get different types of affiliated club deals. You can have a partnership that allows you to send players on loan to that club or, for more commercial situations, you can have a a affiliate deal that's simply there to generate merchandise sales in different continents like Asia :thup:

It depends; you can get different types of affiliated club deals. You can have a partnership that allows you to send players on loan to that club or, for more commercial situations, you can have a a affiliate deal that's simply there to generate merchandise sales in different continents like Asia :thup:

But I could also get one that's beneficial for both, right? For example, Feyenoord. Top training facilities, excellent youth facilities and it could increase reputation in Holland? Or does Reputation only work on a continental scale?

But I could also get one that's beneficial for both, right? For example, Feyenoord. Top training facilities, excellent youth facilities and it could increase reputation in Holland? Or does Reputation only work on a continental scale?

I'm not too sure but, I'd presume so :thup: I suppose that if a club like Feyenoord is a partner with someone like Paris Saint-Germain, the general review of PSG would be a good one within Feyenoord supporters and Holland as a whole.

Would Feyenoord be willing to be a Feeder club though? Always thought they were pretty big in Holland?

Also what formation are you guys using in the 1st season? Still undecided between the 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1. Does Bodmer complement Pastore well in a 3 man midfield?

Would Feyenoord be willing to be a Feeder club though? Always thought they were pretty big in Holland?

Also what formation are you guys using in the 1st season? Still undecided between the 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1. Does Bodmer complement Pastore well in a 3 man midfield?

If you have money, ditch Bodmer and sign either Martin or Cabaye. I'm using a 4-3-2-1 and switching to 4-1-2-2-1 when I need to have an anchor man marking the opponents 'no.10'

Yup sounds like a good idea. Martin as in Marvin Martin? Won't he expose the midfield a little too much being so small?

I'm thinking a perfect midfielder would be Moussa Sissoko but will cost quite a bit. Signed M'bengue for LB.

Yup sounds like a good idea. Martin as in Marvin Martin? Won't he expose the midfield a little too much being so small?

I'm thinking a perfect midfielder would be Moussa Sissoko but will cost quite a bit. Signed M'bengue for LB.

Yes, Marvin Martin and Nope, he's perfect for me as a Deep-lying playmaker. M'bengue's my first choice LB and he's absolutely superb!

I just purchased Etienne Capoue from Toulouse, could be a less pricey option.

Do you guys sign a backup defender in the 1st season? I feel the team lacks a bit of depth in the DC and AMR positions. Mbiwa for 7.5m worth it?

Some more cover at the back would be useful. I signed Franck Beria on the demo, who was excellent, and could cover the whole backline. Or if you sign Kara he can be retrained to play at CB.

I would definitely recommend a winger as backup too. Either retrain Gameiro at AMR and sign a striker, or buy someone like Xherdan Shaqiri, who is very good on both wings, has lots of potential and costs only £5.7m.

Never tried Mbiwa, so I can't help there, sorry.

I have been searching for a highly rated central defender all summer (in the third season) but can't find the right one. The board gave me a lot of money to spend and I actually had a very big offer accepted for Thiago Silva (from AC Milan) but the deal was cancelled when his agent wanted a fee of £7M. Ridiculous.

But! Finally I think I have found my target - Sandro from Tottenham. Sandro is all about the defensive play. He is the ideal defensive player. I wanted a central defender, but he is a defensive midfielder... But with some positioning training during the season he will hopefully be pretty competent to play in that position next season. I haven't signed him yet. I even haven't had an offer accepted for him! But he's a must-signing.

My other target was a backup left back, somehow that target turned into an attacking winger and Lucas Moura. I have had him on my shortlist from the start and my scouts have been scouting him. Roberto Mancini at Sevilla wanted to sign him so that's why I acted fast and had an offer accepted, a contract agreed and now it's just to confirm or cancel the deal. Still not 100% sure what do to. We have build up a great relationship as well.

Had a look at Shaqiri and imo, his balance, bravery and decisions are waaaay too low even though his other stats look great.

As a wide midfielder, I doubt that 'Bravery' would be such an important attribute to possess. Maybe he was a tall, towering Target Man who would have to put his head in unnecessary positions but, as a Winger, it's not as essential. On the other hand, 'Balance' and 'Decisions' are quite important to an extent.

Don't be deterred by below-par attributes with a player of that age; they can only improve! :thup:

Alright folks, I've had a good read of these type of friends and I've decided to share my progress as I go with you all.

I had an ten season save with PSG where after the sixth season, I dominated pretty much everything that was thrown at me, but the prospect of bringing great French players through the youth system kept me going until the very last day of FM11. :)

Well to start off, I won't be taking advantage of PSG's massive riches because really, I'm not a fan of the whole buying the world type of deal. What made me fell in love with the club last year was certain players already at the club (Erdinc - who scored 300 goals for me in eight seasons but seems to be a lot worse in this game, Areola who was my first team goalkeeper straight after Coupet retired after the first season and also had a big hand in getting a legendary 32 league clean sheets in a row (only conceding 10 goals in ALL competitions all season).

Jumping straight into the game, I have currently just finished all my games for the pre-season, where we faced six amateur (although I'm not sure about Paris FC) teams to build up match fitness for my first team. Annoyingly, we didn't have our full squad as Areola and Bahebeck (who seems to be rated slightly less on this game) where in the U-20's World Cup squad. Nevertheless, 61 goals was a nice indicator of how good my tactic may be.

decb1cc8775585bc487dffb3565a36ad.png

(cont. next post)

Onto my transfer dealings and as I've mentioned, I'm not a fan of the whole buying the league concept, even with PSG's m(b)illions. All I did for now is loan and sell the crap in the first team squad and bought players who fit right into both of my tactics.

Click

4f0eb7c2c35ea8bbeca63d9085ec4cd5.png

Gabriel Silva is a very talented and very versatile left back who could fill in as a AML if Nené gets injured. At £3.7M, he's an absolute bargain and being only 20 years old, he's already 2.5* rated and has a potential of 4* and is considered our joint best left back with Tiéné.

c209a3ec8274cfab51343a0783db921c.png

Siyanda Xulu will be my other backup centreback (the other being Bisevac, who to be honest.. is pretty crap) and at £130k he's a bargain for pretty much any club and if he doesn't make the grade (although he is rated 2/4* so I'm sure he will), he'll be sold on for pretty much guaranteed profit. Oh, he's also touted as the next Aaron Mokoena who used to be a personal favourite player of mine when he was at Blackburn. :D

77b83fbbada5c0b97b41a3ae591fbe4a.png

I couldn't resist bringing Marco Verratti in as I've heard great things from him from people who've managed the likes of Manchester United and AC Milan, so I have decided to take him on myself. A bit more expensive than last season from what I remember, but seems to be have given a massive attributes boost considering his great potential in real life. Touted the next Andrea Pirlo, Verratti is going straight into the deep lying playmaker role, and should form a deadly central midfield partnership with Pastore.

No real need to explain my outgoing transfers, Armand, Luyindula, Camara and Bodmer are crap and take up wages and Samnick and Yaisien are two promising players already on professional deals who I've loaned out to my new Feeder club.

(cont. next post)

Onto the tactical side of the team and I very rarely use my own tactics, but I couldn't really find anything that suits the flow of my team's game. I have a 4-2-3-1 as a backup tactic which I won't bother screenshotting because I will probably very rarely use it.

3e7becd4e5db97e5053481d200921398.png569bf31e4872bf92719b6981edf2b882.png

This tactic is very attacking based, with the fullbacks running up to support the advanced wingers and Pastore also making runs whilst sticking to his playmaking duties but will inevitably score lots of goals. My defensive four of Verratti, Sissoko, Lugano and Sakho have their player instructions set to defensive, short passing but lots of creative freedom to keep the creative flow of the team going.

I'm extremely happy with the squad and it's very unlikely I'll be making any signings until Lugano and Nené retire or are too old to cut it with the rest unless a French wonderkid catches my eye.

That's all from me now, I'm sorry for the triple posting (I don't know if it's frowned upon here :p ) but the four picture per post rule really isn't something I'm a huge fan of.

Archived