[FM12] Paris Saint-Germain FC

MrSundlofer

Ready for the Champions League Final after a stunning performance at the Parc des Princes!

1023064.jpeg

Sorry to be a pest man, but can you tell me where you got that background pic from?

Was it part of a pack or is it a single photo?(If its your own is there any chance you could upload it for me?) Great pic.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to be a pest man, but can you tell me where you got that background pic from?

Was it part of a pack or is it a single photo?(If its your own is there any chance you could upload it for me?) Great pic.

No problem man, i downloaded it with a pack. Here is the link:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282986-FM12-Stadium-Background-project-%281920x1080-1920x1200-or-1600x1200%29

My assistant just arranged 4 friendlies over the Christmas break, is that normal?

Might cancel them all

I'm fairly certain that I left my assistant in charge of scheduling friendlies but I don't think he scheduled any. I would cancel them all. There's no reason to risk getting players hurt in a friendly in the middle of the season. Unless you're worried about fitness - in that case, maybe schedule a friendly for the reserves and make players needing fitness available?

That's strange! Did he sign for Manchester City then?

This is Hervin Ongenda in my second season:

ongenda1.png

He did end up signing for City. I'm pretty disappointed, but I checked my "Confidence" and under "Transfers", it says that the fans are happy that we got a very good fee for Ongenda and that the club may profit if he is sold again, so I suspect that the board automatically included a "Percentage of Profit from Sale" option in the transfer. I guess I can always buy him back next year, after he rots for a while on the City bench. But I'm still unhappy that the board saw fit to sell my most promising U19 player, and someone who would have fulfilled the homegrown quota as well in a couple years. Although if I get regens like some of the one you're getting, I won't even miss Ongenda!

Hardcore on the handling training! I went more balanced but having seen your Ongenda I think we have a different style in youth development. Talking of youth, my u19s are now in the quarter final of the European cup and face a very tough Real Madrid side. I think I'll be on the touch line for that one!

seasonsummary201213.png

The second season has just ended and we won five trophies - but not the Champions League or the Europa League. Overall I'm happy with the season, we played some beautiful attacking football and scored some great goals. We played a lot of games and therefore had a big first team squad. I think I will reduce the number of first team players to next season though.

LIGUE 1

Not as good as last year, but I really don't care. We won the league and that's all that matters.

league1213.png

COUPE DE FRANCE

Glad we won this cup once again. In the final we won over Marseille 3-1 after extra time.

COUPE DE LA LIGUE

A 2-1 victory over Lyon in the final secured this trophy.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Hopefully we can have a better time in the Champions League next season.

championsleague1213.png

UEFA SUPER CUP

The Champions league winners versus the Europa League winners. Barcelona - PSG. Somehow we managed to win 4-2!

TROPHÉE DES CHAMPIONS

We played Lille and won 5-2.

BEST PLAYERS OF THE SEASON

Leandro Damião, Javier Pastore and Kévin Gameiro have all had a fantastic season and together with Mamadou Sakho and Lassana Diarra they are my key players. I would say the best players of the season is Javier Pastore - managed to score 14 goals from his central midfield position and he has developed as a player during the season. Hopefully he can get even better.

WORST PLAYER OF THE SEASON

I'm disappointed with Loïc Rémy. I bought him the first season, £20M from Marseille and he only scored 2 goals in 15 games. This season I thought he could pay back the big transfer fee with his performances on the pitch but he never took the chance. 7 goals in 31 games and with two months left of the season he gets injured and is out for 3-4 months.

NEXT SEASON

There will be no holiday for me in the summer. A lot of things has to be done. Staff will be signed. Players will be signed. Players will retire, leave and be sold.

Friendlies must be arranged - the squad will travel to Qatar for a yearly pre-season tour at the start of July.

The squad will be smaller (23-26 players) and younger - some of my older players will leave in the summer, their contract expires. Nenê is one of them. And he has been phenomenal during my two years here but I think it's time for him to move on. Some clubs in Brazil are interested in him.

Kévin Gameiro is now natural in the right wing position and of the the small projects in the summer is to get Jérémy Ménez natural in the left wing position.

Nice summary Sundolfer :thup:

My first season is now over, bit of a strange one really. Got to all 3 Cup Finals and won 2 (Europa League and Coupe de France).

I was disappointing in the league really, finished 2nd, drawing 9 and losing 7 games. Not good enough really, need to be more consistent this season.

My squad for the 2nd season:

GK: Salvatore Sirigu

GK: Alphonse Areola

LB: Alex Sandro

LB: Siaka Tiene

RB: Gregory van der Wiel

RB: Christophe Jallet

CB: Mamadou Sakho

CB: Milan Bisevac

CB: Diego Lugano

CB: Stefan Savic (loan)

DMC: Yann M'Vila

DMC: Blaise Matuidi

MC: Marvin Martin

MC: Claudemir

AML: Nene

AML: Antoine Griezmann

AMC: Javier Pastore

AMC: Clement Chantome

AMR: Jeremy Menez

AMR: Jean-Christophe Bahebeck

ST: Kevin Gameiro

ST: Daniel Sturridge (loan)

ST: Carlos Fierro

Lets go!

Nice team you've compiled there, Baptista. May I just ask, how much did Alex Sandro cost? Seeing that he moved to FC Porto in the summer, they must've asked for quite a big fee.

Mr.Sundlofer - Looking forward to seeing what you do in the post-season; I would be disappointed with Rémy's goal return too - very disappointing for a £20 million signing.

SEASON 2 UPDATE : PROJECT PSG

That's me hit December 31st in my second season and i'm delighted with how things are going,

TRANSFER DEALINGS

b] and i haven

LIGUE 1 STANDINGS SO FAR...

p><p>Very happy with how the league has

We really are scoring for fun, Sow & Gamiero in particular are on fire. Defensively i still feel slightly light, Dede has taken a dip in form and Lugano's legs arent what the once where and these two's poor form is felt against some bigger teams particulary in the Champions League.

STAND OUT PERFORMERS :

Really no doubt who my outstanding performer has been, quite simply one of the finest front men around Kevin Gamiero. Hat tricks galore this season, i think he's on 4 for the season but i cant be sure, what i sure is that he'll have plenty more of them before season end.

b] made is slightly more of a thinker bu

p><p>To end this long winded update, tha

If anyone could help me i'd appreciate it, i'm wondering if anyone has had any really succesfull trainings schedules they could reccomend to help the development of Niang, Ongenda & Bahebeck?

Cheers lads, Allez Paris!

...But after 2 minutes thought there really is no one but Jean-Christophe Bahebeck. After 10 game he's had 11 assists, quite unbelievble form, not only are his assits impressive but his all round team play is stunning to watch sometimes, his link-up with the front men and fantastic and workrate is second to none. He also has a really good habit of getting people to score on goals, i really feel if they were given to him he'd have about 6/7 more goals this season.

Nice! How are you using him? He just doesn't seem to work as an Inside Forward.

So I've bought Radja Nainggolan, Marvin Martin and Gregory van Der Wiel on permanent deals totaling at around 40M, I've also brought in Adam Johnson on loan to add to the squad depth, he can play on either wing as well as in an AMC role, very helpful. Our first match of the season was against Olympique Lyon, the final score? 6-0 :eek:

My reserve matches seem to have broken. Can't see the detail of the matches now and I don't think any player allocated to the reserves for match fitness is actually playing.. I go to the detail level and it appears reserves has changed to none. I've changed it back 3 times with no effect and it continually reverts. Anybody else have this problem?

On a different note, Ongenda is turning into a real gem aged 19. Gameiro fractured his ribs and missed 6 weeks at which point I played Benzema up top in a 4-5-1 however in so many games Ongenda came on to score vital goals. His stats for the season as of April 25 2015 are: League 5 goals from 7 (12), Cup 4 goals from 3(3) & Champions League 5 from 1 (4). 4 of those CL goals came in the quarter final against PSV.

I now face AC Milan in the semi-final, I'm 1st in the league but only on goal different to OL who have dropped only 4 points since November.. I was knocked out of the Coup de la Ligue by OM on penalties & I face them again in the French cup final.

Evra's legs have gone and my defence is a bit shaky though that has partly been due to a tactical shift to a more attacking style (often playing 4-2-4).

Okay going to start my save this week.

Will be keeping the squad as french and belgian as possible plus Pastore. Will be off loading the rest in 3 seasons time. (french as sec. nat. also counts)

One striker or two strikers upfront?

I need help on tactics seeing that I am crap at it. So Sundlofer if you have msn, PM it to me. :D

Also does the chairman pump some extra money in the club in the first season, if so when usually?

Thx.

I just completed my 2014/15 season and finally... I won the Champions League :)

Earlier in the season I guided my under 19s to Champions League glory, defeating Real Madrid, PSV & Inter in the knockout stages and so I was determined to match that with my senior squad. However I had prior business in the French cup having been the losing finalist in each previous season.. I thrashed OM 3-0 which was very satisfying as they tend to be my bogey team.

Next up was the league. OL put up a very strong challenge but we secured it on the last day with a 6-0 win over Lorient whilst OL must have heard the news at half time and slumped to a 2-1 defeat at Rennes.

Frenchcup15.jpg

So onto the Champions League. I came second in my group to Barcelona and didn't have a great deal of confidence in winning the trophy, however I defeated Inter, PSV and then AC Milan before facing Arsenal in the final. Fortunately their January signing Neymar wasn't eligible (did someone forget to send the forms off??). The first half was tight but Arsenal took a 1-0 lead into the break with a Wilshere goal. I quickly changed things up, taking off the lazy Menez, bringing on a half fit Pedro who played excellently. Pastore scored a cracking solo goal before Gameiro scored a typical one on one after being put in by Pedro. Szczesny had a stormer in goal and we held out to take the trophy.

CL15.jpg

Job done now, perhaps I will carry on. I do fancy working in Brazil..

On the youth front, most impressive player was Ongenda. He became a vital super sub in the second half of the season including scoring 4 goals over the 2 legs vs PSV in the CL quarter final. I pushed him hard in training on his speed and also encouraged him to start placing his shots, both of which have made him a deadly poacher against tiring defences.

Ongendaend14-15.jpg

re: Purefun, my chairman is pumping money in as fast as I can spend it.. You won't have any shortages on that front!

Will be keeping the squad as french and belgian as possible plus Pastore. Will be off loading the rest in 3 seasons time. (french as sec. nat. also counts)

I need help on tactics seeing that I am crap at it. So Sundlofer if you have msn, PM it to me. :D

Also does the chairman pump some extra money in the club in the first season, if so when usually?

Thx.

Seems like a couple people on here are also trying to keep the squad France-based. Luckily, there are a lot of good, young French players that can be brought in within the first couple of seasons (M'Vila, Sissoko, Corchia) and some old favorites that might look to finish out their careers here (Evra, maybe Abidal?).

I would recommend playing one striker up front to start. Gameiro is as good a poacher as you'll find in the game, and as long as he's getting decent service from Pastore, Nene, and Menez, he should be all the firepower you need. That being said, I can see him forming a good partnership with Hoaru as a kind of little and large duo.

As for money, the chairman seems to inject money from "investments" into the club every few months or so to balance the budget. As long as you're staying within your wage budget and not going crazy with spreading transfers over 48 months, you shouldn't have to worry much about your finances. As I mentioned above though, the board did intervene on the sale of Ongenda for me. I'm not sure why they did this, and it seems like it has been unique to my save, but something to watch out for.

Good luck!

Thx.

Good luck man, glad to see youre trying out PSG, I remember your interesting posts in the Lyon thread a couple of FM's back.

As said above, which is astute advice as long as your not buying Neymar, Hazard, Ganso, Damaio & Hamsik all in the first window using the 48 month method the board will look after you.

I like your approach as well, it's similar to my project with trying to buy only French or French based players. Sometimes this has to be "altered" after all you couldn't say no to someone like Pastore or such. Im also leaning towards allowing Belguim nationalitys in my plans as De Byrune & Naddiggigon(I'm at work and can't for the life of me remember his name) are high on my wanted list.

Tactics wise, im not sure if I'm alone but I'm having immense success with 2 up top in a 4-4-2(1 CM & 1 DMC), I do have a 4-5-1 as back up though. First season you may be best to stick with Gamiero up front unless you bring in a partner, as I did with Moussa Sow.

Well done proph, that's a great achievement. I'd say stick around and try to turn PSG I to regular contenders like the board and Leonardo hope for in real life, perhaps try to bleed in more French players? Be a shame to lose you from the thread after achieving that so quickly. Bravo.

Also, MrSundlofer I remember you saying you brought in Etiene Coupe from Toulouse? How was he and how did you structure him into the side? Anyone else had any experience with him?

Definately going to stick around. I have a fairly decent French presence, especially as I have some talented French lads in the u19s . I'd like to see those develop into regular starters. I did ask the board to purchase the stadium which they agreed to but later scrapped due to a lack of funds (£55m in the bank not enough). I don't think I'm going to sign anyone this summer. Evra is going to leave on a free as I have an 18 year old left back who he has tutored and is ready to rotate with M'Bengue. I have kept Kolo Toure as a utility reserve and tutor.

If I sign anyone, it would be a winger who can play either side and I would sell Griezmann who has blown hot and cold. Maybe I'll just save up to buy the stadium!

This is my squad at the end of the 2014/15 season:

Squadend15-2.png

Good and interesting update porph, nice it's working well for you! You seem to have a very good squad. And you have developed Hervin Ongenda in a good way as a well, good to see! Good luck with the next season!

MrSundlofer I remember you saying you brought in Etiene Coupe from Toulouse? How was he and how did you structure him into the side? Anyone else had any experience with him?

Yes I bought him. I think he has been good :thup: ...Was most of the time my first choice in right central midfield in the second season. And he's a PSG fan!

Thx.

Nice! Good luck!

Yeah they chairman will pump some extra money in the club all the time actually. So, money should be no problems.

I will soon play my first pre-season friendly of the third season, away in Qatar against Al-Sadd. I have so far only signed one player, on a free transfer - Paul Pogba from Manchester United. A central midfielder, very all-round, but I will try to make him more attacking... and Lassana Diarra will tutoring him.

I have had some scout recommendations from my scouts about foreign youth players and I must say some of the youth players are looking very good. Maybe one or two will be signed.

Louis Saha and Sylvain Distin, both retired from football are now a part of my staff.

I will post a team report later.

Well into my 2nd season and for the first time on any FM seem to have found a tactic that works for myself (I usually download one).

Got a nice 7 point gap at the top of Ligue 1 and just got this excellent result:

milanvpsginformationove.png

This is along with another couple of great away CL performances in the Group Stage:

pors.png

80973086.png

Strangely enough, failed to beat both Porto and Werder at home!

Seems like a couple people on here are also trying to keep the squad France-based. Luckily, there are a lot of good, young French players that can be brought in within the first couple of seasons (M'Vila, Sissoko, Corchia) and some old favorites that might look to finish out their careers here (Evra, maybe Abidal?).

I would recommend playing one striker up front to start. Gameiro is as good a poacher as you'll find in the game, and as long as he's getting decent service from Pastore, Nene, and Menez, he should be all the firepower you need. That being said, I can see him forming a good partnership with Hoaru as a kind of little and large duo.

As for money, the chairman seems to inject money from "investments" into the club every few months or so to balance the budget. As long as you're staying within your wage budget and not going crazy with spreading transfers over 48 months, you shouldn't have to worry much about your finances. As I mentioned above though, the board did intervene on the sale of Ongenda for me. I'm not sure why they did this, and it seems like it has been unique to my save, but something to watch out for.

Good luck!

I lost bahebeck to Real Madrid for 6.25 mill pounds on Jan 30 2012 in the same manner unfortunately

Definately going to stick around. I have a fairly decent French presence, especially as I have some talented French lads in the u19s . I'd like to see those develop into regular starters. I did ask the board to purchase the stadium which they agreed to but later scrapped due to a lack of funds (£55m in the bank not enough). I don't think I'm going to sign anyone this summer. Evra is going to leave on a free as I have an 18 year old left back who he has tutored and is ready to rotate with M'Bengue. I have kept Kolo Toure as a utility reserve and tutor.

If I sign anyone, it would be a winger who can play either side and I would sell Griezmann who has blown hot and cold. Maybe I'll just save up to buy the stadium!

I had 120m Euro and board rejected my request to buy saint denis....

PS. 1026773.jpeg

if u want more pics just ask.

First season's update

First of all, well done on a cracking OP. It inspired me to manage in the French league for the first time.

My ethos for PSG is to have a 95% French to foreign player ratio, only signing one or two non French players. With this in mind I decided to get them main players in on my first transfer window, therefore most of my transfers are over a 48month period. It turned out not to bad due to the board propping the finances up.

Transfers

Transfersseason1.jpg

Won the league

League.jpg

Lost in the Euro Cup Final and done poorly in the other cups

Boardconfidence.jpg

Season two aims

Firstly, win a cup. With the squad I have there is no excuse not to win everything but the Champions League.

Secondly, sign Niang as a replacement for Anelka, Sow will have to do until Niang is ready to be my first choice, with Gemerio hopefully retraining to AMR.

Lastly, A replacement for Nene, any suggestions?

First season's update

First of all, well done on a cracking OP. It inspired me to manage in the French league for the first time.

My ethos for PSG is to have a 95% French to foreign player ratio, only signing one or two non French players. With this in mind I decided to get them main players in on my first transfer window, therefore most of my transfers are over a 48month period. It turned out not to bad due to the board propping the finances up.

Transfers

Transfersseason1.jpg

Won the league

League.jpg

Lost in the Euro Cup Final and done poorly in the other cups

Boardconfidence.jpg

Season two aims

Firstly, win a cup. With the squad I have there is no excuse not to win everything but the Champions League.

Secondly, sign Niang as a replacement for Anelka, Sow will have to do until Niang is ready to be my first choice, with Gemerio hopefully retraining to AMR.

Lastly, A replacement for Nene, any suggestions?

Jean-Christophe Bahebeck.

Good update JamboCraig, good luck with the second season!

A replacement for Nene, any suggestions?

For me, Nenê left the club after the second season when his contract expired. I used him as a winger on both wings and I actually had his replacement lined up two seasons earlier - Jean-Christophe Bahebeck. He was on loan at Montpellier (Ligue 1) in the second season, wore shirt number 10 and had a good season for them. Now in the third season, he has returned to PSG and will be given a chance to shine. However, my first choice left winger is Jérémy Ménez and my first choice right winger is Kevin Gameiro.

I can also recommend Mauro Zárate. I bought him at the start of my second season. Can play in all attacking positions.

And don't forget Abdallah Yaisien from the U19 squad. He's a part of my first team. A very attacking player.

This thread made me smile so hard you can't imagine. I actually started a PSG Team Guide in another forum on another site , seeing MrSundlofer's work is just amazing . Brilliant stuff.

I did a PSG game from the demo and did quite well, carried over the save game to the full version when i bought it, hopefully to continue with my outstanding progress, only to find out adding extra leagues messes up your game and fills it with "grown-up" regens.

Was a bit too disappointed so never got back to it.

I signed only Moussa Sow and Thiago (loan) and ripped the league and Europa League apart. Sow was outstanding, Screenshot2011-10-21at35004PM.png

My aim was to win the Champions League a few times before leaving, after reading this thread i just might get back to that.

Cheers .

PS : MrSundlofer, where do you get your player Photos ? they're awesome . :applause:

Season two update

Season two has been a fairly mixed affair. Retained the league, however I once again done poorly in the cups. In my first foray into the champions league I reached the semi finals, putting out Man utd on the way. The squad is starting to really shape up as well.

League-1.jpg

BoardConfidence-1.jpg

Teamstats.jpg

Seasontwotransfers-1.jpg

Special mention to Tevez, signed in January for a bargain price of £9million. He started 23 games, scoring 16 goals whilst chipping in with 7 assists.

Thoughts for season three

I now need to inject quality into the team a couple more world class players to push for that Champions League glory.

The fullback areas let me down constantly. So I may have to invest in some non French fullbacks unless I can pinch one of the world class players playing in Manchester!

JamboCriag - Lucas Digne, Sebastian Corchia & Serge Aruier are good options for full backs.

Guys, biggest game of my PSG career so far is round the corner! After dispatching of Besiktas, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Real Madrid(!!!)...I now find myself at the end of my second season about to contest the The UEFA Championd League Final..

It's gonna be a really tough game as I'm contesting the final with Manchester United... After the Madrid game I feel like I can compete, the only thing is its United..& in FM they are a different beast to most.

Any advice? This is a huge game for me, didn't expect to get here in my second only season espically sincey squad isn't as "star" layden as some of you fine fellows.. Although I have got things happening in the summer which I'll bore you with in my next update...soon.

JamboCriag - Lucas Digne, Sebastian Corchia & Serge Aruier are good options for full backs.

Guys, biggest game of my PSG career so far is round the corner! After dispatching of Besiktas, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Real Madrid(!!!)...I now find myself at the end of my second season about to contest the The UEFA Championd League Final..

It's gonna be a really tough game as I'm contesting the final with Manchester United... After the Madrid game I feel like I can compete, the only thing is its United..& in FM they are a different beast to most.

Any advice? This is a huge game for me, didn't expect to get here in my second only season espically sincey squad isn't as "star" layden as some of you fine fellows.. Although I have got things happening in the summer which I'll bore you with in my next update...soon.

Im in the exact same position!

Archived