FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

AidanofLFC

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, so I decided to start over again.

So here's my transfer dealings for my new save:

Out

Bruce - 550k

O'Brian - 750k

O'Dea - Loan Terminated

Parker - 40k

Connolly - 500k

Nunez - 650k

McCormack - 1.8m

Paynter - Free

Keogh - Loan Terminated

In

Gioda - 100k (Thanks Nicko)

Bandalovski - 150k

Jali - 500k (Thanks for these 2 macca)

Mouche - 130k

Miyaichi - Season long Loan

Sanogo - 3m

Wilfried - 2.5m

Team

GK: Lonergan/Rachubka

DR: Bandalovski/Lees

2 x CB: Gioda/Kisnorbo/Lees/Gimpel

DL: Pugh/White

2 x CM: Jali/Howson/Clayton/Vayrynen

AMR: Snodgrass/Miyaichi/White

AMC: Vayrynen/Clayton/Howson/Snodgrass

AML: Miyaichi/Mouche/White/Pugh

ST: Wilfried/Sanogo/Mouche

Backup

Bromby - Can't shift for free or on loan

Brown - Doesn't really get any games

Sam - Can't shift bit reluctant to terminate contract, don't need the wages atm so ill just let him play in the reserves

Forssell

Becchio - Injured

Somma - Injured

Still sticking to my 4-5-1 formation that suited me well in my 1st save. Trying to play a young CB with an older one in games now, Lees's stats are pretty much as good as Kisnorbos now so Gioda-Lees is my 1st choice with Kis backup too Gioda and Gimpel backup to Lees.

Still got a couple of weeks left on the transfer market but pretty happy with how it is at the moment.

1st game won 2-0 vs Southampton at Home, dominated the game should have been a lot more, Miyaichi and Vayrynen the scorers.

2nd game won 8-0 vs Walsall at Home, 2nd string team gave all the backup players a game played Moucha up front (bought him to play AML primarily) and he scored 7 of the 8, vayrynen getting the other.

3rd game won 2-0 vs Millwall Away, again should have been a lot more, thought it was going to be a draw until Wilfried got 2 goals in the 88th and 91st minute.

4th game won 2-1 vs Coventry at Home, Wilfried and Jali the scorers.

Well after a dismal first attempt with Leeds i had a skim through the thread and decided to restart with more leagues selected and take a look at some of the recommended players. Got to say its going alot better this time around. I also read through a thread in tactics and discussions on "How to set up the 4-2-3-1" took a few pointers from there and the team seems to be alot more free scoring. Still missing alot of chances (apart from Quintero he scores almost every one) but i think this is due to them still taking long shots although there on rarely :S.

Well here is the new signings:

newtrans.png

Quintero currently has 15 goals in 13 appearances in all competitions. Gioda 45k has been outstanding. Aldrete had a 4* current and 4.5* future rating from the scouts and got him at 250k upfront and 1.7 over 48 months. Still wanted to bring in Scott Loach as he did really well in my first save so got him again. And Fraser Fyvie was highly rated after a few season on FM11 and seems he has been made better this time around so got him in to ease the pain of selling Clayton.

As i said at the top im playing a 4-2-3-1 and the results to begin with came thick and fast, up until i played Chelsea in the league cup and Drogba banged in 5 and they won 6-2 lol since then we have struggled a little getting a couple of draws and losing our first game in the season:

results.png

Thats all for now, enjoying this save alot more though so will report back later on in the save.

Good to see you guys getting some decent saves going. :thup:

Small update from me, and midway through my 3rd season now (2nd in the Prem) and it's looking a lot more comfortable this season, sitting 12th in the league so hopefully I won't be needing to win the last game of the season to stay up this time. :D

A few key players that are doing really well for me:

Georgi Terziev - DC - bought this lad for £1m last season and he's been outstanding this season, my most consistent central defender.

Carlos Fierro - ST - noticed Thorovic had him and he was someone I'd been looking at as well so decided to go for it, a snip at £4m for a Premier League striker, still only 19 and he's been brilliant

Adam Matthews - DR - got him from Celtic for £2.5m, still only 21 but has now become 1st choice rightback

Edgar Prib - MC/L - excellent versatile midfielder, only cost me £2.5m last season

Guillermo Burdisso - DC - Argentinian but with an italian passport, another good central defender only cost £4m

Would recommend all of the above as solid and reasonably priced players for mid table Premier League team as my Leeds side are now developing in to.

Only other comment - think I'll be looking to sell Yaya Sanogo as he's just not the player he was in previous FMs - his pace and acceleration are much lower on FM12 (only 12, at least on my game) so he's nothing like as effective as a poacher as he was in FM11 (had 16-17 in this areas last year).

Anyway, from now on all the players I sign will probably be regens so I'll soon get to the stage where I can't really make any further recommendations. :lol:

Hey guys, so I decided to start over again.

Bandalovski - 150k

Jali - 500k (Thanks for these 2 macca)

Wilfried - 2.5m

No worries mate, hope they work out for you. How did you get Wilfried, I can't describe how perfect he is for my lone striker role, but he won't even enter into negotiations with me...

When in the window did you get him ?

Very good side. From what I've seen and read, I think that you could only improve with:

The Bulgarian DR Macca recommended.

Wilfried (an immense beast).

Kara. Saw him in another thread, described as a midfield wrecking ball! Will he come, would he get a w/p?

I tried Kara, i could never get a WP for him, worth keeping an eye on though I think he will be immense.

No worries mate, hope they work out for you. How did you get Wilfried, I can't describe how perfect he is for my lone striker role, but he won't even enter into negotiations with me...

This new save got him in mid August. In my first save it was near the end of the transfer window, I found good results seem to change his mind. In this save I kept scouting him but it always said he wouldn't be interested in the move. I thought I'd try anyway so I bid the release clause 2.5m. His agent said I'd have to make a good offer as he wasn't really untreated in the move so I offered:

15k wage

2k appearance

1k goal

100k team of year

600k for signing

600k for agent

Release clause of 0 for relegation

Release clause of 0 for none premotion

And he signed

I signed him at the beginning of August, ignored scout reports and just bid for him every week; came easy enough fourth time lucky. :)

This new save got him in mid August. In my first save it was near the end of the transfer window, I found good results seem to change his mind. In this save I kept scouting him but it always said he wouldn't be interested in the move. I thought I'd try anyway so I bid the release clause 2.5m. His agent said I'd have to make a good offer as he wasn't really untreated in the move so I offered:

15k wage

2k appearance

1k goal

100k team of year

600k for signing

600k for agent

Release clause of 0 for relegation

Release clause of 0 for none premotion

And he signed

I just got him, 29th August, cost me 20k per week but he's in ! Thanks for the advice !

Well I've had my first 2 regens of FM12 break in to my first team in the 3rd season.

6'4" german defender who got Man of the Match on his league debut:

ChristianNeubertOverview_Attributes.png

And my young brazilian central midfielder who I'm also training to play wide right:

RochaOverview_Attributes.png

Picked up the pair of em for £1m, they're the future of Leeds United!.

(Plenty more where they came from currently in the reserves and youth team, they were just the first 2 to break through. :p)

Well I've had my first 2 regens of FM12 break in to my first team in the 3rd season.

6'4" german defender who got Man of the Match on his league debut:

ChristianNeubertOverview_Attributes.png

And my young brazilian central midfielder who I'm also training to play wide right:

RochaOverview_Attributes.png

Picked up the pair of em for £1m, they're the future of Leeds United!.

(Plenty more where they came from currently in the reserves and youth team, they were just the first 2 to break through. :p)

Very nice regens there Coen! I must have Rocha - :)

Morning guys,

Just got my game started over the last two nights after a little vacation. Currently 1st in the league after 5 games on 13 points. Opened the season with a 1-1 draw against West Ham though i missed a penalty in that game. Now i know a lot of you are in your second or third seasons which is awesome but as i watch the full match highlights (until i feel the game is won) I can't proogress that fast.

I just wanted some opinions on Michael Brown as I've been using him with Howson as 2 BWM in a 4-2-3-1 formation and he has been absolutely immense especially when i deploy him with man marking instructions - did any of you use him at all in the first season or didn't he figure.

Signed Miyaichi, Loovens on loan, Sanogo and Parnaby so far with a few of the usual departures. Bromby...etc

Cheers!

P.

Morning guys,

Just got my game started over the last two nights after a little vacation. Currently 1st in the league after 5 games on 13 points. Opened the season with a 1-1 draw against West Ham though i missed a penalty in that game. Now i know a lot of you are in your second or third seasons which is awesome but as i watch the full match highlights (until i feel the game is won) I can't proogress that fast.

I just wanted some opinions on Michael Brown as I've been using him with Howson as 2 BWM in a 4-2-3-1 formation and he has been absolutely immense especially when i deploy him with man marking instructions - did any of you use him at all in the first season or didn't he figure.

Signed Miyaichi, Loovens on loan, Sanogo and Parnaby so far with a few of the usual departures. Bromby...etc

Cheers!

P.

I think that he is pretty decent. I used him but with a view to sell him because of his age & salary, but he'll certainly do a job for the first season imo.

I used Micheal Brown in my central midfield throughout the first season as well, played as a ball winning midfielder (defend), and he was great for me - he's one of those players that's probably overrated on FM compared to real life so well worth using for at least the first season. I offloaded him at the start of the 2nd season to get a younger CM in.

Okay folks sorry I haven't posted much this week. Unfortunate side affect of third year at university is having to do work every now and again unfortunately :(

However here are my dealings in my first Premiership transfer window (I started my second season over again)

34yxq1z.png

Results so far have been good.

Leeds United 2 - 1 West Brom

Coventry City 1 - 3 Leeds United (League Cup)

Leeds United 5 - 0 Fulham (Ljajic with 4 goals)

Okay folks sorry I haven't posted much this week. Unfortunate side affect of third year at university is having to do work every now and again unfortunately :(

However here are my dealings in my first Premiership transfer window (I started my second season over again)

34yxq1z.png

Results so far have been good.

Leeds United 2 - 1 West Brom

Coventry City 1 - 3 Leeds United (League Cup)

Leeds United 5 - 0 Fulham (Ljajic with 4 goals)

See that you signed Gabriel Silva there - he's never let me down and gets better and better. And, you sold Tom Lees :(

I'm planning to sell White, but unsure about Lees atm.

Splashing the cash there I see Kyle - good luck in the Premier League!

I've just finished my 3rd season, 2nd season in the Premier League and we ended up finishing 12th, comfortably avoiding relegation so things definitely heading in the right direction.

Squad at the end of the season -

LeedsUnitedSquad_Players-3.png

Tom Lees, Aidy White and Snoddy are all still in there at the moment, but I need to overhaul the squad again to push for at least a top half finish next season so not sure that they'll all survive - the midfield in particular needs some changes as the baance of players in there isn't really right at the moment.

But Rocha's going no-where. :lol:

See that you signed Gabriel Silva there - he's never let me down and gets better and better. And, you sold Tom Lees :(

I'm planning to sell White, but unsure about Lees atm.

Performing great for me so far. Yeah I think Gimpel could be a better player in this is the only reason as well as Huth being the perfect mentor for Gimpel as well. Using White as my backup left back ;)

Splashing the cash there I see Kyle - good luck in the Premier League!

I've just finished my 3rd season, 2nd season in the Premier League and we ended up finishing 12th, comfortably avoiding relegation so things definitely heading in the right direction.

Squad at the end of the season -

LeedsUnitedSquad_Players-3.png

Tom Lees, Aidy White and Snoddy are all still in there at the moment, but I need to overhaul the squad again to push for at least a top half finish next season so not sure that they'll all survive - the midfield in particular needs some changes as the baance of players in there isn't really right at the moment.

But Rocha's going no-where. :lol:

Hahaha yeah I couldn't really resist but the squad has won 4 out of 4 in the league so far so it's proving to be decent so far. No really tough games yet though

Good steady progress Coen seems to be working out really well for you. You seem to be collecting players from every country :D

leedsle.png

leedsstats.png

We actually had the title won after 33 games. After that, and with nothing to play for, performances tailed off. Sadly this included a FA Cup Semi Final loss to Spurs. We did win the League Cup.

I'm now into transfer activity and will post this later. I want to push on further and priorities are Mario Fernandes to partner Bottenelli and Kara (he'll now get a w/p I think) to partner Jali in midfield.

leedsle.png

leedsstats.png

We actually had the title won after 33 games. After that, and with nothing to play for, performances tailed off. Sadly this included a FA Cup Semi Final loss to Spurs. We did win the League Cup.

I'm now into transfer activity and will post this later. I want to push on further and priorities are Mario Fernandes to partner Bottenelli and Kara (he'll now get a w/p I think) to partner Jali in midfield.

Wow, remarkable performance Nicko

Finally bought the game and as always started with Leeds. Bough as usual Fleck and Baxter plus two future world class players (i hope) - Lucas Andersen and Sanogo.. Was very disappointed that didnt noticed that Sanogo has mysterious injury.. and is this a bug? His profile says that he's out until 2011-9-24 but his attributes page shows injury until 2011-8-23... :(

Finally bought the game and as always started with Leeds. Bough as usual Fleck and Baxter plus two future world class players (i hope) - Lucas Andersen and Sanogo.. Was very disappointed that didnt noticed that Sanogo has mysterious injury.. and is this a bug? His profile says that he's out until 2011-9-24 but his attributes page shows injury until 2011-8-23... :(

Not sure it's a bug, it is a bit strange the way it's shown in game - but he does get over the injury after a few months so you should be able to play him no problem when this happens.

Good to see all the Leeds save up and running

Just finished my third season and my second in the Premier, had a bumpy ride again this season where I ended again in 10th place. I should have be able to be higher but I had alot of injuries along with some of my key players were not performing.

englishpremierdivisionox.png

As I said I had a problem with some of my key players not performing/injured and therefor I had to play alot of my youngsters since I didnt have enough squad depth to cover it and I think my team has a bright future, for instance two goalies that is labeled the next Oliver Kahn and the next Igor Akinfeev, a midfielder touted to be the next Christian Poulsen :cool: along with these two:

cheikhseyeoverviewattri.png

ccerooverviewprofile.png

Aiming for a top mid table finish/Euro cup for the next season.

Sorry for my double post but had to get this one out there.

Had two heartbreaking games first in the FA cup against West Ham:

westhamvleedsinformatio.png

And secondly against Liverpool which was the last game of the season:

leedsvliverpoolinformat.png

And yes my main focus on buys for next season was solid defenders.

Haven't been on much due to Doctors etc...

Played 3 Won 3

Ipswich (H) 4-0

Burton (H) 2-1

Derby (A) 0-4

Next up Blackpool (H)

Bandalovski went to AS Monaco Wilfried isn't interested but trying to sign KARA

Well Done on promotion looked fairly easy :applause:

Hope you are ok pal?

Good start for you there.

Yes it was pretty comfortable, just a bit frustrating once we had won it; throwing away points to sides that we should have easily beaten.

Some great looking regens there Thorovic, looks like you're making steady progress in consolidating in the Premier League. :thup:

And good to see you got off to a flying start there as well Elland!

As I'm 3 seasons in I'm now signing only regens, much prefer to build a squad that way - it'll take longer to challenge for the title no doubt, but I don't mind that, it's good to see the players develop over the seasons.

And talking of regens, here's my latest signing - I've actually been tracking him for a while, first spotted him when he was 16 but he wasn't willing to leave his club in France until he was 18 -

IssamKerbouaOverview_Attributes-2.png

Hope you are ok pal?

Good start for you there.

Yes it was pretty comfortable, just a bit frustrating once we had won it; throwing away points to sides that we should have easily beaten.

Yes OK thanks just every 6-8 week check up (nothing has changed no miracle cure I'm afraid)

Update beat Blackpool (H) 3-0 & beat Reading (A) 3-1

Fantastic effort Nicko, Quintero is monster I still have him 5 seasons in on my FM11 game, and he still scores when he plays. I played him up top on his own when he got 70 for me, if you'd have done the same I reckon he could have got 100!

Quick update finally managed to sign Wilfried for 2.5 mill. Offered up to 5mill for Kara was rejected so will hang fire for a bit on that.

Now looking to get rid of Becchio & Forsell.

Still winning Accrington (A) 6-0 Notts Forest (H) 3-0

Quick question though is it worth activating Luke Garbutts clauses?

Going well. Excellent news on Wilfried. Suggest that you be careful when playing him first few games pal. On my save he was not fit, and as I've read that others have had soft tissue injury problems with him, I introduced him gradually until he was fully fit. Macca reckons that Kara doesn't get a w/p to begin with.

On Garbutt, I'd take the cash. It all helps early in the game!

Great start to the 4th season there Thorovic, lets hope you can keep it going. :thup:

And great to see you're continuing to pick up the results as well Elland. I'd take the cash from Garbutt's clauses as well tbh.

I'm also in my 4th season now, 3rd season in the Prem and continuing to show steady progress. 7th in the League at January so pushing for European spots this year, and starting to pick up some decent results like -

LeedsvManUtdInformation_Overview.png

So yeah, I think this team of youngsters/regens might have a bright future! :D

Great start to the 4th season there Thorovic, lets hope you can keep it going. :thup:

And great to see you're continuing to pick up the results as well Elland. I'd take the cash from Garbutt's clauses as well tbh.

I'm also in my 4th season now, 3rd season in the Prem and continuing to show steady progress. 7th in the League at January so pushing for European spots this year, and starting to pick up some decent results like -

LeedsvManUtdInformation_Overview.png

So yeah, I think this team of youngsters/regens might have a bright future! :D

Great result - wonder if Mr Ferguson would "airbrush" that one from his memory too?

Just about to kick off the first Premiership season. There has been much wheeling and dealing, so the squad is now looking like this.

GK Fernando Henrique (£600K) German Lux (Free).

DR Ivan Pillud, Romario, Nika Kvekveskiri (£3.3M had gone to Betis, hence high price) I wanted his versatility and I couldn't afford the £9.5M Newcastle wanted for Sime Vrsaljko.

DL Gabriel Silva, Tsepo Peter Masiela (£475K, gets w/p), Marco Calderoni (free).

DC Bottinelli, Mario Fernandes (£9M), Giuseppe Prestia (£1.5M), Diego Polenta (Free).

DMC Jali, McDonald Mariga (free), Emre Can £625k), Lorenzo Crisetig (£875K).

AMR Augusto Fernandez, Juan Uturbe (£3M).

AML Shikabala, Zezinho.

ST Wilfried, Darwin Quintero, Mariano Pavone (Free), Sanogo (Free), Carlos Fierro (Free).

Plus a host of young HG players that had been released by their clubs.

Of the transfers I'd just mention McDonald Mariga. Ignore what your scouts say he gets a w/p and he'll fill out central midfield very nicely indeed.

Lack of cash was a big problem, I sold literally everyone that I could and loaned out Becchio and Somma because there was no transfer fee interest in them. We went "back in Black" the second week in August! Overall I think the team is good enough for top 8, but over time I need to improve the GK/DR/AMR/AML.

Edit. Bottenelli out for 3 months, Mariga 6 weeks, Shikabala 6 weeks. Suddenly we look stretched. I'm looking at some "golden oldies" to get me over the crisis and fill out the squad. In comes:

Hernan Crespo, ST. He's now 37, but he comes for £5k a week. His stats are still pretty good and he starts tutoring Fierro. He responds to my "you'll make a good coach" with some decent ball control attributes. I'll keep watching them develop.

Gianlucca Zambrotta, DR/DL. He's 35, comes for £9k a week and he starts tutoring Romario!

We might be stretched, but we kick off with a 6 -0 win over Chelsea (featuring Christian Ronaldo & Neymar). Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Did I say top 8? I may need to revise that.

Just about to kick off the first Premiership season. There has been much wheeling and dealing, so the squad is now looking like this.

GK Fernando Henrique (£600K) German Lux (Free).

DR Ivan Pillud, Romario, Nika Kvekveskiri (£3.3M had gone to Betis, hence high price) I wanted his versatility and I couldn't afford the £9.5M Newcastle wanted for Sime Vrsaljko.

DL Gabriel Silva, Tsepo Peter Masiela (£475K, gets w/p), Marco Calderoni (free).

DC Bottinelli, Mario Fernandes (£9M), Giuseppe Prestia (£1.5M), Diego Polenta (Free).

DMC Jali, McDonald Mariga (free), Emre Can £625k), Lorenzo Crisetig (£875K).

AMR Augusto Fernandez, Juan Uturbe (£3M).

AML Shikabala, Zezinho.

ST Wilfried, Darwin Quintero, Mariano Pavone (Free), Sanogo (Free), Carlos Fierro (Free).

Plus a host of young HG players that had been released by their clubs.

Of the transfers I'd just mention McDonald Mariga. Ignore what your scouts say he gets a w/p and he'll fill out central midfield very nicely indeed.

Lack of cash was a big problem, I sold literally everyone that I could and loaned out Becchio and Somma because there was no transfer fee interest in them. We went "back in Black" the second week in August! Overall I think the team is good enough for top 8, but over time I need to improve the GK/DR/AMR/AML.

Edit. Bottenelli out for 3 months, Mariga 6 weeks, Shikabala 6 weeks. Suddenly we look stretched. I'm looking at some "golden oldies" to get me over the crisis and fill out the squad. In comes:

Hernan Crespo, ST. He's now 37, but he comes for £5k a week. His stats are still pretty good and he starts tutoring Fierro. He responds to my "you'll make a good coach" with some decent ball control attributes. I'll keep watching them develop.

Gianlucca Zambrotta, DR/DL. He's 35, comes for £9k a week and he starts tutoring Romario!

We might be stretched, but we kick off with a 6 -0 win over Chelsea (featuring Christian Ronaldo & Neymar). Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Did I say top 8? I may need to revise that.

Looking good Boss!!

Am seriously thinking about buying Jack Butland 4* PA

Hey guys, gonna try a Leeds save without making major changes to the squad unlike most of you.

Signing Parnaby, releasing all of the players in the U18 squad, and will probably get rid of the 18/19 year olds in reserves apart from Gimpel.

Completely revamped staff, too.

Archived