FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

AidanofLFC

I'm in November 2nd season, finished outside playoffs last season but my team this season is

Lonners

Hateley---Luizao---K Wilson---Bennett

Snoddy---Howson---L Cox---White/Zezinho

Graham---Sharp

Played 12, conceded 3, opposite of real Leeds

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm into November of my 2nd season, sit 10th in the Premier League with 13 pts and 8 played (Some clubs have played ten). Managed to beat Chelsea 1-0in the Carling Cup, then lost to Norwich! Beat Man Utd 1-0 too in the league, so seem to be playing well against the big teams. Lineup is as follows:

GK:Lonergan

CB:K Walker/Loovens

CB:G Burdisso/Materazzi

RB:L Zauri/Parnaby

LB:M Lumb/C Planas

CM (Support):J Svensson/Howson

CM (Playmaker):M Verratti

AMR: Snodgrass/T de Mul

AML:Shikabala/McCormack

ST (Poacher): Lua Lua/ C Fierro/ Trezeguet

ST (Target): Sanogo/ Nemeth

Just had a club take over, so have been offered 50M for transfers, so January should be interesting. Mainly focusing on a new CB for that.

ended up signing medo isntead cause drahun went to getafe - hosni was gunna cost far too much on wages compared to medo and grondin who only cost 12k a week between them, hosny wanted 19 to start with - also signed Bandalovski - 150k as parnaby went to Hearts

started pretty solidly

pre-season went well

reserves 8-0 win

oxford away 2-0 win

Newcastle home 2-0 win

Wolfsburg home 3-0 win

Guisley away 7-0

Arsenal reserves home 2-1 win but they only had the 1 chance

League

Bristol C home 4-1 win

Sheff wednesday home 4-0 win

Cardiff away 0-0 but peppered their goal and their keeper got man of match

West Ham home 1-1 same again but scored on 85 mins only to concede on 88

so not too bad, outplayed west ham a title contender, still unbeaten see what we can get upto before jan!

Hi lads

Just been reading through Forums & if you want quality french regens I suggest you subscribe to the French National Youth Team "INF Clairefontaine" they produce top quality regens from 2012.

There is also another one from Ukraine called "RGUOR Minsk"

Yes I read that too Elland. I'm in the Prem season in 2012 but the players at INF are still greyed out. I'll keep looking.

Cheers for the tip on that French youth academy Elland, looks like it's producing regens on my game so I've just sent a scout to have a closer look at them all. :thup:

I'm still going on my save anyway, just starting my 8th season. Finished top 4 in the Premier League again last season, won the FA cup for the 3rd time, got to the semis of the Champions League - feels like I'm very close to having a team capable of winning the league, maybe this next season will be the one!

Cheers for the tip on that French youth academy Elland, looks like it's producing regens on my game so I've just sent a scout to have a closer look at them all. :thup:

I'm still going on my save anyway, just starting my 8th season. Finished top 4 in the Premier League again last season, won the FA cup for the 3rd time, got to the semis of the Champions League - feels like I'm very close to having a team capable of winning the league, maybe this next season will be the one!

Well done mate

Theres also the Ukrainian one at Minsk I mentioned

Hi lads

Just been reading through Forums & if you want quality french regens I suggest you subscribe to the French National Youth Team "INF Clairefontaine" they produce top quality regens from 2012.

There is also another one from Ukraine called "RGUOR Minsk"

Posted 4 screenies of players I got from there myself, I was fortunate in that I had the league's as view only All 4 look like really good prospects, although the 'second batch' of newgens coming out of their don't seem to be quite as good this time round. My scouts reported none of them to be good enough to reach Prem potential. Will also have a look at the team from Minsk, cheers!

Not really been on the forums much lately, but i've finished my first season. A lot of the information i dont have, for some reason i cant see it. But what i do have i will upload....

2011/12 End of Season Update (kinda)

Transfers

Hardly anything, but it seemed to work as you will see later

LeedsTransfers_History-3.jpg

Only real info i have of the league, so here you go

npowerChampionshipHistory_PastWinners.jpg

I've started my 2nd season and will update later... hopefully if i can get the information future updates will be more in depth

Evening All

Booted up my save for the first time in a few days, and Kasper came back to haunt me with a 9.3 match rating in my first loss of the Premier League. Had to chuckle when I got this message a couple of days later...

Tycoon.jpg

I've never had a Tycoon takeover on any of my saves in any FM, fingers crossed !

are you playing through steam tugboat? if you are you need to press F12 for a screen shot, then on the view tab scroll down to screenshots, What i did then was click on the relevant screen shot and then pressed Prt Scrn and put it on paint, saved it and then used Image shack - I'm sure there are other ways but this is how I do it

hope this helps

2nd season, 9th in Premiership after 12 matches:

Smithies - Bandalovski, Ridgewell, Pogatetz, Guardado - Snoddie, Vass, Verratti, Giovani dos Santos - Sanogo, Wilfried. The others are Alberto Bueno, Simone Pepe, Kovacic, Harvgreaves, Bardsley, O'Brien, Pekalski, McCormack and some newgens. At the start of the season I promised to stay in Premiership, but actually I'm gonna fight for european cups following the league standings.

Newcomer to this thread - I just got the game this week - and am halfway thru first season - where I top the Championship at halfway - my only signing of note is Sammy Clingan to play at DM, as the starting squad had no one suitable for the role - although I'm training Adam Clayton so he can now play any of my 3 central roles.

leeds1stxi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

leedsstatsdec11.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Above gives a glimpse of the tactic I'm using, and my player stats - I will post more later. The tactic is available on the tactic upload forum, posted by myself, if anyone else wants to try it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/286834-FM12-**4-Asym-1**-Minimal-Fuss-Based-On-Asymmetric-Short-Passing-High-Tempo

PS - Completely agree Professor McKenzie was an awful chairman. Where did he find all that money from now? :)

My transfer activity has been very minimal so far - although my budget has just been boosted to £2.9m at start of January.

My only real problem was in November when I lost Connolly for 6 weeks, so I signed Zenoni as the best option off the Free Transfer list. As Lees had been switching between RB and RCB.

O'Dea has shocked me really - but I still plan on getting a new CB once promoted. All 4 CBs including Kisnorbo and O'Brien have served me well - but I feel none are suitable once promoted - except as backup.

I'm making do with Lonergan for now - but he will also be replaced in the Summer.

White has provided cover at LB and LM, where Parker and Pugh have done a good job.

Howson has played a fair number of games at CM, as Clayton covers at DM - and sometimes at AMC too - although Nunez covers there. McCormack has sometimes played wide role - but has mainly alternated with Keogh at Striker - but Keogh will be gone at start of January. I'm not paying £500k for a striker with finishing of 9 - despite him playing well at times. And Becchio is now fit again - and Somma will be soon. So 3 strikers for 1 position will see me through to the Summer - unless I find a Premier quality striker now.

I'll post more updates later...

No one plays the Snodgrass position as well as him - so backup there is a future requirement.

Mr woodz

I've been testing your Tactic and I have to say its very good, However I tend to struggle against bigger teams away in the league i.e. got outplayed and beat 2-1 by West Ham and just now at home just drawn 3-3 with Bristol City in the Fa Cup 5th round - they did however only have 3 shots on target.

I must say however that I didn't start with this tactic, I was about 15 games in, but since changing tactic, the last 15 games have given me 10 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss so I suppose I can't grumble.

My team is set up as follows

GK Lonergan/Rachubka

DR Bandalovski/Connolly

DC Gioda

DC Lees/Kisnorbo

DL Pugh/White

AMR Snodgrass - Brilliant here you are correct

MC Howson/Clayton

DM Medo/Grondin

AMLC Lasse Vigen (quality in this position for his stats and age (17) cost me 250k/ Vayrynen

ML McCourt/White

ST Quintero/McCormack

I must admit though I am reliant a lot on Quintero who now has after 28(4) 33 goals and 9 assists and an average rating of 7.78 - he score all 5 in a 5-0 away drubbing of Barnsley in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup!

just finished my 1st season, won the league on the last day on goal difference with West ham needing us to atleast draw - as it was we both won 4-1 and that was enough

as it is now 22:45 and I have work at 6 I'll post screenies later, all I ask is who is the must buys for season 2 i.e. the prem. Defence needs Improving, probs another keeper and a Class AMLC, and maybe another class striker to rotate with Quintero - 52 goals in 43 (5) apps

geesuschrist look at these for your prem campain

jonathan mensah from evian tg fc i got for 8m

jean-armel kana-biyik from stade rennais fc 4.7m both beast's of center backs screenie post at 520

carlos fierro i got as a freebie 2nd season and hes quality upfront also got marc-andre ter stegen for 11m check him out in goal

so I've signed all the players I can attract for reasonable money - all in all spent 61mil over 48 months so a big risk but I'm happy with my signings I think.

Ins

Fierro ST free

Kana-Biyik DC 3.8mil

Fernando Forestieri AMC 2mil

Tim Krul GK 2.9mil

Ryan Shawcross DC 13mil

Gaston Ramirez AML 8mil - will retrain as ML

Bernardo AMC 7mil - injured after 26mins in his first friendly for 6-7 week

Fabian Delph MC 6.75mil

Jack Robinson DL 7.5mil

Danny Simpson DR 4mil

Manuel Giandonato DMC 6.5mil

outs

Forssell/Vayrynen/Brown/Payne/Cairns/McCann/Thompson all free

Paddy McCourt 2.2mil

Becchio 100k - returned from injury then after 4 week broke his leg, stats turned shocking

Kisnorbo 1.1mil

Rachubka 825k lololololololololololololol

Paynter free

Bromby 375k

Pugh 3.3mil

trying to sell Connolly and Grondin

so my team is as follows

GK Krul/Lonergan

DR Simpson/Bandalovski

DRC Shawcross/Gioda

DLC Kana-Biyik

DL Robinson/White/Ruiz

DM Giandonato/Medo

MC Delph/Howson/Clayton

ML Ramirez/McCormack/White

AMR Snodgrass/Clayton

AMLC Bernardo/Forestieri/Clayton

ST Quintero/Fierro

trying to send the youngsters on loan but Gimpel refuse beleneses or however it is spelled.

so with that team I am hopefull of a mid table finish at least, but we shall see

Ay up lads, not posted for a while but I'm now coming to the end of my 8th season in charge, and after several seasons of finishing top 4 but not quite challenging for the title things finally clicked this season. We ended up winning it easily, and were confirmed as Champions with 4 games left to play. Plus we've won the League Cup (again) and face Wolves in the FA Cup final so are on for a domestic treble. Pretty much all my squad are regens, including 5 Argentine internationals which is nice as Argentina won the World Cup in 2018. :D

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

Will probably have a bit of a break from FM12 before I carry on and go for European domination. :thup:

won the championship in my second season, but in a very strange manner.. somehow portsmouth (main rival) completely collapsed in the second half of the season.. they had no major injuries or sold any players but was amazingly poor.. never seen anything like it:

first half

15eh18p.jpg

second half

mt1aur.jpg

btw, somehow managed to buy Kyle Walker.. now my first team is english only, and not all brazillian like in other versions :thup:

played my 1st 3 matches after a decent pre season, with the only loss been celtic 1-0 at home against run of play

Everton H 1-0 win played entire 2nd half with 10 men due to medo getting sent off 7 seconds into the half for 2 footed lunge

Fulham A 0-0 draw had less chances but 3 CCCs to their 1

Rotherham A in LC 5-0 win - 2nd 11 - gioda injured after 5 so shawcross came on - robinson came on for white in the 2nd half cause of a minor injury

so looking at it so far, my defence is pretty solid with Krul keeping them at bay when they do get through, the worrying thing though is neither quintero or fierro have looked like scoring, even rotherham it was 2 ogs, snodgrass, ramirez (on as a late sub) and howson with the goals

Struggled to get into a save game since buying FM so this time around I figrued i'd begin as Leeds (seeing as im for Leeds but IRL I support the blades :p) but i went on holiday for the first season as i was tired of seeing the same transfers over and over due to started numerous games.. anyhow i hired a new ass man (Darren Cross)to take over while i watched on for a season and well he did crap got my team relegated (no transfers in or out) :( second season i took over made a few transfers both in and out and i was 19 games in with a record of 19-0-0 i was crowed champions very early on just got to the beginning of pre season of what will be the 3rd season and I've lost Snodgrass on a free mainly due to his stupid agent :( anyhow my team so far going back into the championship is..

Gk: Lonergan, (Rachubka & some Slovenian for Inter)

Wb: Connolly, (Lees & in desperate times Zac Thompson)

Wb: Pugh, (White, Parker)

Dc x: O'Brien, (Kisnorbo)

Bpd c: Lees, (Gimpel)

Amr: Hamill, (Watt, White, Mccormack)

Ml: Watt, (White, Hamill, Pugh)

Dlp: Clayton, (Gillett, Southern, Howson)

Ap: Howson, (Clayton)

Tm: Becchio

P: Mccormack, (Somma)

so as you can see im depleted in numbers as my wage bill is over by some 12k im in debt so im having to make do the with squad i have but barring an injury crisis i should do ok .. at best, hope to make a loan signing or two evenatually but at the moment teams want me to pay money towards their players which I cant afford to do.

Anyhow it's been enjoyable save so far and long may it continue! hope you all are having fun playing as Leeds too :D

Just finished, season two with 7th place in the Premiership. Had a takeover in November of the season by a foreign businessman who keeps pumping money in :) Had 50 million available in January for transfers and just been give 60 mill to spend over the summer :D Lineup at the moment:

GK: Hart

CB: Burdisso

CB: Rakitskyi

RB: Kyle Walker

LB: Ricardo Rodriguez

CM: Marek Hamsik

CM: Jonas Svensson

AML: Eden Hazard

RML: Snodgrass

ST: Giuseppe Rossi

ST: Carlos Fierro

That was my formation by the end of the season. Just bought Tevez, Hulk and Busquets, now on the hunt for another good CB.

Archived