FM 2012 First Match Result

I started off with an emberassing friendly defeat to Barcelona (I play with Inter)...

1-1 at half time, then Messi went crazy - it ended 1-6 for them :(

Went on to improve though, beating AC Milan in Italian Supercup 4-1 :)

I won 7-0 with Real Madrid against Arsenal :)

What REALLY impresses me is the match engine.. 2 goals from Higuain, 2 from Benzema and 3 from Ronaldo and ALL 7 goals were their trademark goals! The match engine is #%% brilliant! - LOVING the heel-passes :D

I lost my first game to my reserves 3-0. Then my next three friendlies 3-0 as well.

However, am 2-2-0 in competitive matches, scoring 8 and conceding 3.

I experienced basically the same thing. Complacency appears to have been turned up a few notches.

I'm Man Utd, played two games so far and had a 4-1 over Antwerp and a 3-0 over Avignon. Although Owen is now out for 3-4 months. Not that fussed however as this is only a play about to see how everything works. Will start a "proper" game when the full thing is out.

First competitive game ended....

Leeds United 2-0 Middlesborough

Bruce

Forsell (pen)

Not the most flashy of wins but a clean sheet was something that any Leeds team, real or imaginary is in desperate need of!

1-0 loss away at Genk, disappointing. Loving the new team talk features though, thumbs up to SI for those!

Yes, that first Genk match is brutal. It took me six tries experimenting with different tactics and team talks to get a win. It was very difficult to get the players motivated. My first attempt I used my world-beater 4-3-3 from 11.3 and (Assertive) Expect a Win, we got stomped 4-0. I eventually scraped a 2-0 win with the default 4-4-2 and (Calm) Pressure's Off.

Archived