Mario Balotelli

He can be tutored at game start, but I think you need to set him to backup squad status (then Silva, Tevez, Dzeko & Milner can tutor him)

Recent story related to Balo (starting with City):

Tried tutoring with Milner - nope, Tevez -Nope, Dzeko - Nope, Milner Nope. So obviously he's not too happy about how I speak to him now... Moving forward first game of the season he bags a brace and gets MOTM, so I decide to praise his performance. He responds to this positively, so I thinking I'm onto something I decide to discuss his concerns. I apologise - he doesn't believe, I say you'll have to believe - he claims our relationship has broke down and puts in a transfer request.

"Typcial FM" some might say, but I could imagine it hapenning with Mario,

4 months on he's still my top scorer (still listed for request) playing as Trequartista... strange man.

Does anybody know whats his best position is? I have had bad times with this player, he averages really poor to what i expect from him, (he usually get about 6.5 avearge score) I play him as a AML/AMR, Deep-lying striker or Advanced striker (in a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3) but no luck. I'm currently now trying other positions for this guy....What are you're thoughts/feedback on what position he best plays?

Got released by Man City in my save. Had horrible stats from not playing and some random Italian club picked him up I think. Had the option to sign him for Rangers for free but he was off the par to the current squad, also I only sign determined, hard working pros.

• 2 weeks later...

He has declined pretty badly on my save (2017), 5 years at City, 8 apps and 3 goals, including a loan spell at Swindon (7 apps 0 goals).

Left on a free in 2016 to join Padova in Serie B, 19 apps 0 goals, where they got relegated to Serie C1/B, but on the other hand he finally scored for them.

If I knew he was on a free, I probably would have picked him up in hopes of getting a good season out of him and selling him on a year later for a profit, but hes declined way too much now. His rep isn't even National, hes Regional now lol.

In mine he is now 28 and at Lecce. Before going there on a free he hadn't played for Man City in 2yrs, just 3 apps the season before that, 8 the one before and 11 in the first season. Lecce were Serie B and now (4yrs later) in Serie A. He has scored 2 goals for them in 4 seasons.

I've just started with City and I want to have Balotelli reach his maximum potential, however how do you go about tutoring him? I can't even get Tevez to tutor him, the option isn't on the list, are you sure his reputation isn't too high?

Need to lower his squad status one notch iirc

• 4 weeks later...

I took over Arsenal in 2013 and signed Balotelli from Man City. He rewarded my faith in him by winning Player of the Year in the Premiership. I played him as an advanced forward about 50% of the time and an inside forward for 50%. Surprisingly, he led the league in assists. The best thing about him was that he never got hurt, which really helped with Walcott and van Persie getting hurt every week.

Archived