*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
okay i understand that mate thanks i let my assistant manager do the complete teamtalks at both pre match and h/t for 3 games 1st game a c/l semi 2nd leg away to real marid result 3-1 loss althouigh we played very well next 2 games 3-1 win at home to west ham 4-1 win at home to brum and next game fa cup final tottenham winning 1-0 after 20 mins so think for time being i might let him continue. what are 4 main att to look for in my ass man? dont really wanna get rid of him as hes been with me for ten seasons now!! i will feel guilty!

determination, man management, motivation, discipline, adaptability is just a bonus. but man management and motivation are the 2 main attributes for team talks. must be at very very least 16 for both, considering the level youre playing ;)

and as Ive written before, never use "you can win" pregame. its crucial and Ive only made bad experiences with it. you can win is normally used against teams, you expect to dominate but since you play away, its a bit lighter than I expect to win, and I feel like, if you tell the players "you can win" they get a bit confused, since its an opposition, who is much weaker than your side and your team thinks, you dont really trust them or dont really feel confident, when you tell them "you can win". also make sure, that at least one of your skippers are on the pitch, since its a massive boost of confidence and motivation, when a skipper with high influence is playing on the pitch ;)

I do wonder how this tactic will work with man utd :/

Seeing as I have a strong enough team to start with an attacking strategy would i score less goals? Im really looking for a tactic which will get me 100+ goals a season in the league.

Also, seeing as the dm's are sitting deep, the formation is different to the 4-2-3-1 variant that united played this season. For my team on manager it would mean having to play sneijder alongside carrick at dm.

Anyone reading this please dont reply with " well dont use this tactic then". I just want to know if there is a chance that this tactic could work with a man utd side who aren't accustomed to this formation.

determination, man management, motivation, discipline, adaptability is just a bonus. but man management and motivation are the 2 main attributes for team talks. must be at very very least 16 for both, considering the level youre playing ;)

and as Ive written before, never use "you can win" pregame. its crucial and Ive only made bad experiences with it. you can win is normally used against teams, you expect to dominate but since you play away, its a bit lighter than I expect to win, and I feel like, if you tell the players "you can win" they get a bit confused, since its an opposition, who is much weaker than your side and your team thinks, you dont really trust them or dont really feel confident, when you tell them "you can win". also make sure, that at least one of your skippers are on the pitch, since its a massive boost of confidence and motivation, when a skipper with high influence is playing on the pitch ;)

sorry to take so long to get back mate but i ended up winning fa cup 4-1 against spurs :) thanx to team talks by alex rae!!! det=16 man manage=12 motivat=13 discip=10 adaptab=12

would you suggest i replace him as we have been together 11 years now so dont reallly wanna but it's preseason now so im gonna at least give this another full season with only 1-2 signings at most.

sorry to take so long to get back mate but i ended up winning fa cup 4-1 against spurs :) thanx to team talks by alex rae!!! det=16 man manage=12 motivat=13 discip=10 adaptab=12

would you suggest i replace him as we have been together 11 years now so dont reallly wanna but it's preseason now so im gonna at least give this another full season with only 1-2 signings at most.

definately get rid of him mate. I would trust him in terms of team talks. someone who has just 12 for man management and beside that, other mental attributes are awful aswell. maybe he accepts a role as a first team coach or youth coach.

I do wonder how this tactic will work with man utd :/

Seeing as I have a strong enough team to start with an attacking strategy would i score less goals? Im really looking for a tactic which will get me 100+ goals a season in the league.

Also, seeing as the dm's are sitting deep, the formation is different to the 4-2-3-1 variant that united played this season. For my team on manager it would mean having to play sneijder alongside carrick at dm.

Anyone reading this please dont reply with " well dont use this tactic then". I just want to know if there is a chance that this tactic could work with a man utd side who aren't accustomed to this formation.

no snejder as dmc! thats for sure ;)

carrick can play as a dmc, you can retrain fletcher to a dmc, as he has everything for this position. you could also think about retraining ando into a dmc. rooney amc, hernandez striker, valencia right, nani left and you have probably one of the best offense in the game :)

That's what i thought, as he likes to get forward. However this would mean that i would have to drop sneijder completely. I have cavani upfront, nani on the right, young on the left and rooney as the amc.

Looks like i wont be trying this tactic. Its a shame though. The feedback has been awesome, might start a new save later on or something. :)

^

Thankyou for your feedback Gee_Simpson.

I understand this. I will give it a try but i dont think sneijder at dm will work too well. Im not a fan of putting players into positions they are completely unfamiliar with it upsets the balance of the tactic.

lol even nilmar and rossi couldnt manage to score half of the goals, yours scored xD

I hope he doesnt stop scoring mate and just keeps on ;)

how did the season finish for you? are you happy with the results?

i was happy with it even tho i dint have the best of back up n a good attacking mid i was pleased.

i think in this you do need pace at the wings not so much in center players as i thought i would need.

here is how the league finished i know i Wednesday but hey its still good to only conceded that amount#

npowerleagueoneinformat.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

definately get rid of him mate. I would trust him in terms of team talks. someone who has just 12 for man management and beside that, other mental attributes are awful aswell. maybe he accepts a role as a first team coach or youth coach.

got a problem he wont accept mutual termination and also the board wont get rid as it will cost£475k to sack so dont know what to do?

unledlvc.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Finished my first season with Montrose in Scottish division 3 :)

<script src='http://img811.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=unledptv.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>unledptv.jpg</noscript>

Finished my 2nd season with Montrose and another promotion this time through the playoffs. It was a struggle at times as my time is pretty weak even for this level but hopefully now we can turn pro and that will enable me to get some decent players in and a new ass man :)

got a problem he wont accept mutual termination and also the board wont get rid as it will cost£475k to sack so dont know what to do?

god, I hate it so much. the only thing you can do is, to give him a new contract, but only for 1 year, so that the contract expires after one year. then you probably have to wait a few months and can offer mutual termination, as you would pay much less, since he hasnt so much left on his contract, or you have to wait until his contract expires...

ps do you have o put match prep back on high in every new pre season???

mate, my preseason prep usually looks like this: as I am using my own schedules and also have a certain one for preseason, I put all my players to preseason until 15th august, since the leagues in spain and italy start very latetly. I make match preparation full team blend until the very first game of the season, so end of august. so I would also advise you that, even though leagues in england start a bit earlier. always until end of august full "team blend" and then just "low" level team blend during the season.

god, I hate it so much. the only thing you can do is, to give him a new contract, but only for 1 year, so that the contract expires after one year. then you probably have to wait a few months and can offer mutual termination, as you would pay much less, since he hasnt so much left on his contract, or you have to wait until his contract expires...
thanks for your replies mate might trynthis ideaa its my own fault i suppose for giving him such a long contract out of loyalty i suppose :(

deffo mate. i wa invernest cal thistle and brought in brandy was brill but le fondre all round better so deff yes from me

Yeah I have Brandy mate. He was a bit inconsistent though but still managed to score 24 goals in 26 games so I was happy with that.

I'll try get Le Fondre in the summer.

el magico why i usually get lovwer rating for the amc ?

My AMCs rating is always, in every single save above 7.2. so its enough for me and as long as he makes assists and scores, I dont give a **** about this rigged rating system from si ;)

Hey m8, i also staring a game with villarreal right now :) but they no have too much money for buy players, can see u already buy lukaku and gonalons.

Hmm, any good tip for players to buy in first season with VR?

well, I would take willian for the left wing. cazorla as a right winger, rossi trequartista, nilmar striker, bruno as the right dmc, but you can adapt the roles, as I did, since bruno is left footed, so the more creative dmc role is on the left side, senna as a right dmc, take gonalons as a back up, you can get him for 2.000.000€, well, cani can be used as a back up for the trequartista, since hes too slow for the flanks, make sure, you get a decent right back, well, maybe another quick defender, and thats normally it, you could also think about a striker back up :)

Well, as i said i started a new save with my beloved Benfica and build the squad to fit this tac. I made a significant investment and i sold all the deadwood i could. It was a bit risky, since i bought all the new players in monthly installements. Also i had i mind that i would need to sell some more players in 2nd season to balance my finances.

Result- Portuguese League Won

Portuguese League cup - Won

Portuguese Super cup - Won

Portuguese Cup- won

Uefa Champions League - Won

WOW!!!! Never had such a good 1st season in Fm11.3 be4

UEFA CL quarter final was epic. Vicent Enyeama was away with Nigeria squad, Moreira injured and Roberto wasn´t eligeble to play in Uefa, so i had to use a crapy GK from my U20 squad - result 4-4. I was convinced that CL campaign was over but, at old trafford my lads made this.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3270/manutdvbenficainformaov.png

ElMagico, many thanks m8. This tactic is really a piece of beauty.

Yeah I have Brandy mate. He was a bit inconsistent though but still managed to score 24 goals in 26 games so I was happy with that.

I'll try get Le Fondre in the summer.

ok im using wallys update if that maters?

yeah i agree with febian brandy though. very inconsistent

Well, as i said i started a new save with my beloved Benfica and build the squad to fit this tac. I made a significant investment and i sold all the deadwood i could. It was a bit risky, since i bought all the new players in monthly installements. Also i had i mind that i would need to sell some more players in 2nd season to balance my finances.

Result- Portuguese League Won

Portuguese League cup - Won

Portuguese Super cup - Won

Portuguese Cup- won

Uefa Champions League - Won

WOW!!!! Never had such a good 1st season in Fm11.3 be4

UEFA CL quarter final was epic. Vicent Enyeama was away with Nigeria squad, Moreira injured and Roberto wasn´t eligeble to play in Uefa, so i had to use a crapy GK from my U20 squad - result 4-4. I was convinced that CL campaign was over but, at old trafford my lads made this.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3270/manutdvbenficainformaov.png

ElMagico, many thanks m8. This tactic is really a piece of beauty.

amazin results mate. what I could observe now is, that you score a lot more and also create a lot more danger, when you play a quick poacher type striker in away games. for example in my atletico save, Ive played with agüero as first choice striker and ripped barca and real both 1-4 away. in my villarreal save, due to the injuries of rossi and nilmar, I had to play with lukaku, who is still not well developed, isnt reall that pacy and also his off the ball movement isnt quite well, and I struggled to create chances and played twice 1-1 and 0-0 at camp nou and bernabeu, even though the only goal came from a set piece. so especially in away games I would advise you guys to always have a quick poacher on the pitch, or at least on the bence, who you can bring on, when you feel, opposition is playing with a high d-line and putting you under pressure. this will also cause, that the opposition will drop his d-line a bit deeper in order to deal with the quick poacher and you easily can get a lot more possession, as you wont be put on pressure that much and early.

Ok, got to be honest, I think this is easily the best "plug and play" tactic released for any of the FM11 patches, I'm having an unbelievable season so far. I'm Leeds in 1st season and just this very minute beat Chelsea 2-0 in the final of the League Cup !

I've had one or two dodgy results, but this was probably more than likely due to complacency / dodgy teamtalks. I'm doing well in the league and well on course for 100+ goals. My defence is average, I can't wait to get to Prem and see what it can do there.

Anyone wanting to try this I would say just get a good striker, I signed a chap called Darwin Quintero (£2.5m on a 48 month deal, 17.5k p/w wages) and so far he has 57 goals in 44 games. He'll probably end up with 70 goals this season, and he's only really a mid table prem striker.

Congratulations, just brilliant work and thanks for taking the time and effort to share.

Hi Simpson,

Would you please give some comments on the comparison between this tactic and Tic-Tac Magick tactic?

Which one is better for 11.3 patch?

Wouldn't know mate. I'm just using the 11.3 patch with January transfers.

Hi Simpson,

Would you please give some comments on the comparison between this tactic and Tic-Tac Magick tactic?

Which one is better for 11.3 patch?

mate, both are two different tactics, with different style of play. while tic tac magick is just possession pure, mine is quicker counter attacking football. you cant tell, this and that is better for this version. why dont you test both and make your own opinion ;)

here is my squad do you think the problem is lack of pace?

sheffieldwednesdaysheff.png

hey mate, well, unfortunately I dont know any of the players, so that I couldnt tell you, where you need improvements. just make sure, that at least one of the cbs is very pacy, so 15 for quickness and his partner at very, very least 12 for quickness. also your wingers must be the paciest players on the pitch. having a striker with awesome quickness is just an extra bonus.

I have to say, I think your ban over at FM base was completely unnecessary and a example of how pathetic these boards can be. I will admit you probably could of gone about things a little better, but there was as much of a hint of jealousy at the tactic you produced from certain other posters as much as "showing off" from your part.

I have to say, I think your ban over at FM base was completely unnecessary and a example of how pathetic these boards can be. I will admit you probably could of gone about things a little better, but there was as much of a hint of jealousy at the tactic you produced from certain other posters as much as "showing off" from your part.

mate, first of all, I wanted the admin to delete my account and close my thread. 2nd:this subject isnt something for this thread and I would ask you to not talking about it anymore. if you have any questions about the tactic or something else, which has something to do with the tactic itself, feel free to post, otherweise pls no discussions about other forums anymore :)

mate, both are two different tactics, with different style of play. while tic tac magick is just possession pure, mine is quicker counter attacking football. you cant tell, this and that is better for this version. why dont you test both and make your own opinion ;)

@spline - Yeah I agree with el_magico on this. Although I prefer the style of Tic Tac Magick (my personal opinion as I love that Barca philosophy of the game) I really think this is the most effective tactic for FM11 and gets better results. So it depends what you are looking for in a tactic really.

I still use the Tic Tac in my Barca save but I'm using this tactic in my Hearts save as I want the best results possible with the team I support.

@el_magico - I'll be posting up screenshots of my first season in charge of Hearts very soon.

Mate, that is definitely your problem. Your squad is way too slow for a counter attack style tactic like this.

i'll put most of squad up for sale now just need teams to buy them. im in a relegation battle :( silly me

i'll put most of squad up for sale now just need teams to buy them. im in a relegation battle :( silly me

mate, if youre into a season, I wouldnt really expect something special. I would advise you to sell most of the useless players right now and try to sign as much players as possible and give this season just an end and dont expect much, so that the new players are at least adapted to the team and there are not much problems with communication and gelling in the new season and you can fully attack in the new season :)

El_Magico89, just so you know this works at the lowest level of english football been using it at LEVEL 10 (5 divisions below blue square premiership) with Grimsby Borough with absolutely devastating results my amateure squad is tearing other teams to absolute bits!

El_Magico89, just so you know this works at the lowest level of english football been using it at LEVEL 10 (5 divisions below blue square premiership) with Grimsby Borough with absolutely devastating results my amateure squad is tearing other teams to absolute bits!

hehe mate, respect to you, that you really have the patience and fun to play sunday league football :)

anyway, great to read, that results are good with teams, who arent really gifted with technique and pace :)

hehe mate, respect to you, that you really have the patience and fun to play sunday league football :)

anyway, great to read, that results are good with teams, who arent really gifted with technique and pace :)

Heh show some respect we play on Saturdays some weeks too.

el_magico do you think that with your tactic i can win everything with Porto in the first season?

mate, you can never guarantee something like that, as it really depends on how much injuries you had and so on. but ive managed to win verything with atletico in my first season, with tottenham aswell and with napoli the double. also another user have managed to win everything with benfica in his first season. so chances are really good, if you dont get any injury crisis :)

Archived