Llama's creative Arsenal 4-2-3-1 (wide)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well this is called the download upload forum... and this is the only thread without any links?

If the OP wants as many people as possible to try this tactic he should provide a link?????

it takes you less time to recreate it than it takes me to actually upload it somewhere - in fact the time it takes you to create it is probably less than it takes you to download it - this way you can sort out your own set piece instructions too. if you can spend the time to look for a tactic you can certainly spend the tiny amount of time to recreate it.

There are 19 (20 if you count my little rant now) posts in this thread either asking for / or responding to points already answered in the OP. That's 30% of this whole thread.

Llama, I do feel for you, it's clearly good work and has been well explained (and backed up with screenies later on) i'm not sure what more could be done.

I have been using this for 20 games now.

PL: 14 games 13w 1D 0L Goals(38-5)

CL: 4 games 3w 0D 1L

If you want to follow my advice I play like this. In match preparation screen I have 3 tactics :

a) PL -

I) CONTROL - home games

II) COUNTER - away games

III) DEFENSIVE - away games but only against Chelsea and Arsenal

b) CL -

I) CONTROL - home games in group stage

II) COUNTER - home games in knockout stage and away in group stage

II) DEFENSIVE - away games in knockout stage

I am doing an excellent job with this instructions and only lost one game wit reserve players against very weak opponent (lack of motivation)

Hope it helps you

Very very nice tactic and very consistent for me but i have a question

where do you play Nasri?

i want to maximize his contribution + goals to the team :)

thanks

Nasri plays best as C.M att or AMC Attacking mid. But you don't have that roles in this tactic so try AML (inside forward att, it worked good for me)

Central Defender - defend for both ? Or stopper-cover ? Limited Defender or Central Defender if stopper - cover ?

mate, it is literally all in the opening post. i state that the DRC and DLC are both centre-back-defend.

Liverpool - Arsenal 3-2

Arsenal - Blackpool 0-0

Blackburn - Arsenal 1-0

Arsenal - Bolton 0-1

Arsenal - Panathinaikos 3-0 (Champions League Group Stages)

Sunderland - Arsenal 2-2

Millwall - Arsenal 1-4 (Carling Cup 3rd Round)

Arsenal - West Brom 3-0

Real Madrid - Arsenal 0-0 (Champions League Group Stages)

Chelsea - Arsenal 6-1

Arsenal - Birmingham 2-0

Sparta Prague - Arsenal 1-0 (Champions League Group Stages)

Man City - Arsenal 0-2

Arsenal - Stoke 1-0 (Carling Cup 4th Round)

Arsenal - West Ham 1-0

Arsenal - Sparta Prague 2-0 (Champions League Group Stages)

Arsenal - Newcastle 7-0 (van Persie with 6 goals (two penalties, two free kicks) and one assist!)

Wolves - Arsenal 0-2 (Fabregas injured for 5 to 6 months, moving Wilshere to AMC and Diaby to MLC)

Everton - Arsenal 0-3

Arsenal - Tottenham 4-0 (God, I wish I was the author of this tactic!)

Panathinaikos - Arsenal 1-3 (Champions League Groupe Stages)

Aston Villa - Arsenal 2-1 (noooooooooooo)

Arsenal - Sheff Utd 2-0 (Carling Cup Quarter Final)

Arsenal - Fulham 3-2

Arsenal - Real Madrid 4-0 (Champions League Group Stages)

Man Utd - Arsenal 2-2

Arsenal - Stoke 2-1

Arsenal - Chelsea 1-2

Wigan - Arsenal 0-3

Birmingham - Arsenal 0-0

Arsenal - Man City 2-2

Arsenal - Sheff Utd 2-0 (FA Cup 3rd Round)

Arsenal - Liverpool 5-2 (Carling Cup Semi Final First Leg)

West Ham - Arsenal 2-2

Arsenal - Wigan 2-0

Liverpool - Arsenal 1-1 (Carling Cup Semi Final Second Leg)

Macclesfield - Arsenal 0-4 (FA Cup 4th Round)

Arsenal - Everton 2-0

Newcastle - Arsenal 3-1

Arsenal - Wolves 3-1

Arsenal - Everton 3-0 (FA Cup 5th Round)

Sevilla - Arsenal 0-2 (Champions League 1st Knockout Round Leg 1)

Arsenal - Aston Villa 2-1 (Carling Cup Final)

Tottenham - Arsenal 0-3

Arsenal - Sunderland 4-2

West Ham - Arsenal 0-2 (FA Cup 6th Round)

Arsenal - Sevilla 1-2 (After Extra Time, Champions League 1st Knockout Round Leg 2)

West Brom - Arsenal 2-4

Arsenal - Blackburn 3-2

Arsenal - Shakhtar 5-2 (Champions League Quarter Final Leg 1)

Blackpool - Arsenal 1-3

Shakhtar - Arsenal 4-0 (Champions League Quarter Final Leg 2)

Arsenal - Aston Villa 0-2 (After Extra Time, FA Cup Semi Final)

Arsenal - Liverpool 3-0 (first team to beat them this season!)

Bolton - Arsenal 1-3

So bad going out to Shakhtar after winning the first leg 5-2, and losing to Villa in the FA Semi Final. I forgot to set match preparation to defensive positioning before playing Shakhtar away in the second leg and Villa in the Semi Final. I regret that now, because I'm certain the results would have been different had I remembered. I set match preparation to defensive positioning before playing Liverpool and Bolton and it worked great.

Arsenal - Man Utd 1-1

Stoke - Arsenal 1-0

Arsenal - Aston Villa 3-0

Fulham - Arsenal 1-4

I used this tactic with Wolfsburg mate, and i won the league. This is a great tactic, cheers!

no worries mate

nicolai87 hope that things become a little more consistent -they look better in recent results. just keep using player conversations to praise good performances and form, and tell them when they were poor

Yeah, the start was a bit shaky, but then I went on a great run, winning 9 games on the trot in all competitions, scoring 25 goals and only conceding once. I'm on a run as we speak aswell, 11 wins on the trot, though I've conceded some. I'm in April now, and I've won the Carling Cup, through to the FA Cup Semi Final, through to the Quarter Finals in the Champions League, and currently 3rd in the League with 60 points, 7 points behind Chelsea. Liverpool are first with 75 points and still haven't lost a game in the Premier League so far.

I bought this guy in January as backup for Song, because Coquelin is out on loan at Lorient and I just dislike Denilson in general:

http://img269.imageshack.us/f/kondogbia.jpg/

His jumping and heading stats are good, and I currently have him focusing on tackling to hopefully increase the stat to around 13. I'll then work on his marking and pace.

End of season 2010/2011

Premier League - 3rd. Winner: Chelsea

Champions League - Quarter Finals. Winner: Real Madrid

FA Cup - Semi Finals. Winner: Aston Villa

Carling Cup. Winner

Arsenal player stats

Top goalscorers -

Robin van Persie, 30 goals in all competitions

Marouane Chamakh, 17 goals in all competitions

Samir Nasri, 15 goals in all competitions

Assists -

Robin van Persie, 24 assists in all competitions

Theo Walcott, 14 assists in all competitions

Samir Nasri and Jack Wilshere, 9 assists in all competitions

Average Rating -

Robin van Persie, 7.43 in all competitions

Bakary Sagna, 7.24 in all competitions

Laurent Koscielny, 7.20 in all competitions

There were players with higher average than Sagna and Koscielny, but those had played less than 20 games in all competitions.

Awards

Football Writers Footballer of the Year Award - Robin van Persie

PFA Young Player of the Year Award - Theo Walcott

Goal of the Season - Runner Up: Robin van Persie

Manager of the Year - Runner Up: Nicolai Grude, Arsenal

PFA Premier League Team of the Year - Bacary Sagna (RB), Thomas Vermaelen (LCB), Theo Walcott (RW), Robin van Persie (STC). Subs - Lukas Fabianski

Fans' Player of the Year - Robin van Persie

UEFA Champions League Best Player Award - Samir Nasri

UEFA Champions League Dream Team - Samir Nasri (RW)

Won't do this for next season. Just thought I'd chronicle my first season with this tactic.

Is there really a discernible difference going into a game with a Defensive Positioning/Attacking Movement Match Preparation training for three days or a week?

i do feel that i keep more clean sheets playing with defensive positioning match prep - but i have never actually tested this before

i do feel that i keep more clean sheets playing with defensive positioning match prep - but i have never actually tested this before

I feel, and this I have tested many times, that the prime suspect in any variation between matches is team talk. Here's a list (not comprehensive):

List of influnce on match performance

1. Team Talk success

2. Win or loss in previous match

3. Pre-match expectations based on team reputation

4. Opponent's team reputation

5. Opponent's team talk success

6. Opponent's team quality

7. Opponent's tactics

8. Your tactics

9. Your team quality (especially the hidden mental stats and Determination)

10. Your manager reputation

Now, team talk success is influenced by all of the above, which is why it is on top. You can have the greatest team on earth with a tactic that would made the Gods envious, but if you fail the team talk they will look like 11 wet noodles trying to escape from the opponents, and this is true whoever they are - Barcelona or Wumpberry Town Geriatric FC.

If you lost the previous match, you are doomed! You can have won 99 matches in a row, but if you lose the 100th, all the flow, faith and luck is gone. You may now lose the next 100 games easily, since the 101st match you will be back to square one. The opening game of the season is therefore the most important one of all. Win or loss in the 1st match may mean the difference between relegation and treble victory.

The press are extremely dumb in this game. They haven't got a clue about anything. This could easily be fixed by ignoring them entirely - which I do. The problem is that they have an enormous effect on the pre-match expectations. You play a relegation candidate and enjoy a good run lately, and then you are facing the biggest team in the league away: the odds are 1.01 vs 450.0, but the press thinks it will be an evenly matched game, and points out that if you are to stand a chance, you need to stop their useless right back. Now what? I have no idea - but I know that even if they are last in the league having lost all their matches for some reason, this doesn't matter at all because they have quality players all around (except that right back). Their run of form is completely irrelevant. Yours is all-important.

If team morale is low because you have just started a new game as "automatic" reputation (or sunday-league/semi-pro), or because you have lost or drawn the last few games - then your tactic is irrelevant. They play terrible no matter what tactic you hav set, and tweaks to your existing tactic will have no effect. That is why the tactic is placed so low on the list. Of course, the tactic is either good or the worst tactic in the history of FM. There is no tactic that works "a little", so you will know immediately whether the tactic is something worth tweaking or not.

imho, FM11 is the worst FM/CM in at least 10 years.

for people like me, who are using a lower league club, could you post a short-list filter or some thing similar for each player as ive never played as arsenal and dont know the players stats

I feel, and this I have tested many times, that the prime suspect in any variation between matches is team talk. Here's a list (not comprehensive):

List of influnce on match performance

1. Team Talk success

2. Win or loss in previous match

3. Pre-match expectations based on team reputation

4. Opponent's team reputation

5. Opponent's team talk success

6. Opponent's team quality

7. Opponent's tactics

8. Your tactics

9. Your team quality (especially the hidden mental stats and Determination)

10. Your manager reputation

Now, team talk success is influenced by all of the above, which is why it is on top. You can have the greatest team on earth with a tactic that would made the Gods envious, but if you fail the team talk they will look like 11 wet noodles trying to escape from the opponents, and this is true whoever they are - Barcelona or Wumpberry Town Geriatric FC.

If you lost the previous match, you are doomed! You can have won 99 matches in a row, but if you lose the 100th, all the flow, faith and luck is gone. You may now lose the next 100 games easily, since the 101st match you will be back to square one. The opening game of the season is therefore the most important one of all. Win or loss in the 1st match may mean the difference between relegation and treble victory.

The press are extremely dumb in this game. They haven't got a clue about anything. This could easily be fixed by ignoring them entirely - which I do. The problem is that they have an enormous effect on the pre-match expectations. You play a relegation candidate and enjoy a good run lately, and then you are facing the biggest team in the league away: the odds are 1.01 vs 450.0, but the press thinks it will be an evenly matched game, and points out that if you are to stand a chance, you need to stop their useless right back. Now what? I have no idea - but I know that even if they are last in the league having lost all their matches for some reason, this doesn't matter at all because they have quality players all around (except that right back). Their run of form is completely irrelevant. Yours is all-important.

If team morale is low because you have just started a new game as "automatic" reputation (or sunday-league/semi-pro), or because you have lost or drawn the last few games - then your tactic is irrelevant. They play terrible no matter what tactic you hav set, and tweaks to your existing tactic will have no effect. That is why the tactic is placed so low on the list. Of course, the tactic is either good or the worst tactic in the history of FM. There is no tactic that works "a little", so you will know immediately whether the tactic is something worth tweaking or not.

imho, FM11 is the worst FM/CM in at least 10 years.

Take the rant elsewhere rather than thread hijacking.

for people like me, who are using a lower league club, could you post a short-list filter or some thing similar for each player as ive never played as arsenal and dont know the players stats

i use the stats filtered within the player role templates, considerations though:

goalkeeper - needs to be strong mentally, and goalkeeping stat-wise rushing out is the most important

full backs - need some crossing or passing ability, on a par with the standard of the division, pace is useful as well

centre backs - mentally strong, anticipates, and positions well

deep-lying playmaker - basically a defensive player, with work rate, composure, strength and stamina who has at least a 11 for creative freedom and passing (in premier league, reduce by division)

advanced support - good passing, good technique, good creativity - work rate and stamina are useful, must have at least average tackling and marking too

trequartista - superb mentally, your best at creating, flair, decisions and consistent - obviously good pass and technique

inside forward - finishing, composure, dribbling - creativity, pace

advanced forward - finishing, composure, dribbling, creativity, pace

Right then, as ive just jumped ship to Juventus I have been trying this out, a special thanks to the poster above who recommended the 3 tactics set, I have that now in my match prep.

Anyway this looks an absolutely superb tactic, the amount of chances it creates is unbelievable, even playing defensively/counter.

Right then, as ive just jumped ship to Juventus I have been trying this out, a special thanks to the poster above who recommended the 3 tactics set, I have that now in my match prep.

Anyway this looks an absolutely superb tactic, the amount of chances it creates is unbelievable, even playing defensively/counter.

i have to say i am pleased with the 3 tactic set for it, has been very good for me too

i love this tactic but it dos'nt love me lol

my team is far from being good enough yet but i will return to it when/if they are :)

i suspected it would be 1 that worked only at higher levels. for a similar effect i could suggest (i havent tried this, its just a suggestion) going for 2 x DM - anchorman, and defensive mid (support) and then at MC a central mid (attack) which may help, its a wild shot though.

Archived