[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kfklogo.png

Season 18 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

Another good pre season. Our draw with Utd should have been a win but on own goal meant we ended 1-1 at home.

The chairmen really needs to stop stealing my money!

Transfers | Squad

Some big transfers, both in and out.

Squad is still looking good.

something harder? sheesh

I got a 15 year old striker I bought thats Icelandic worth 750k... but his stats aren't nearly good enough to keep the pricetag

I'm interested how Fontana's price holds up being a 6 million pound purchase... field players in Iceland normally fluctuate for me from 4-6 million...

I just wanted to struggle to win again. I was getting to the point where i could mash space for a day then play CL then mash space for a day.

Considering they are our parent club we did well :)

@Raware this is what happened: *NERD ALERT* I have RAID 0 setup and for some reason it unRAIDed itself which means it couln't read any data. I was about to reinstall Windows and the probably punhc something very hard then I checked if it was in RAID, set it up again and it worked, after 4 reboots... Also I now have my important files: music pics etc on my laptop (which I was moving stuff across to at the time!) FM isn't but it's not the end of the world if I lost my saves

@iacovone the most recent would be the one at the end of last season: http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu327/flamers1500/FM11/538.jpg He is a regular starter for Iceland but he has been since 18, hardly surprising considering he is the best thing the country has produced in 17 seasons...

I should have an update for you in the next couple of hours.

In other news, Matthew "Flamers" Beale may be taking a trip to Reykjavik later on this year to visit the country that has helped him rise in fame on Football Manager 11. I somehow convinced the girlfriend that going to Spain was a bad idea and it would be much better to go to Iceland :)

The Urvalsdeild has just reached the highest point ever, 13th, higher than the nPower Championship!

kfklogo.png

Season 18 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

I really wanted to be able to say we hadn't conceded all season so far in the league but I can't. Keflavik managed to squeeze one past.

Other than that we are managing to keep a good score line even though I am playing more and more youth players.

The European Seeding are improved, we will now be starting in the group stages. We are now really mixing it with the big boys in the European standings.

Finances | Transfers

A £30m bank balance before Europe and my chairman is still selling my players... It is starting to get beyond a joke. He sold Kone for £6.75m but I knew he was worth more than that so I had a look at his PA. 192... WHAT A COMPLETE JOKE.

Flamers

You know you're going up in the world when this happens:

558.jpg

That is at the start of the season, the old manager retired. I was first choice. And WOW at the money! In my career at KFK, 17 seasons, I have earn't £275k, in 15 weeks there I would double that figure. I am going to reject it as I still want the CL title in Iceland but it looks go for future jobs!

kfklogo.png

Season 18 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

This season was so nearly perfect. That was until we forgot to turn up against Por, other than Europe this was the only match we didn't win all season. The prize money is increasing too, we got £300,000 for winning the Deildabikar this season which was a nice surprise.

We were ranked as 200-1 outsiders to win the Cup and with my ggroup I think you can understand why! However we are showing how good we really are now. the 2-1 win against Juventus was a comeback from 1-0 down! I think to think it was good tactical knowledge that got me there but I have to say the players didn't let there heads drop and really took the game to Juventus!

The awards that we claimed this season were: the top two Golden Boots , the top two Footballers of the Year, two Young Players of the Year (the winner was brought buy Chelsea), the best goal of the season, I won Manager of the Year and 6 players in Team of the Year!!

Finances | Transfers

Our finances are very healthy. So healthy in fact I don't really know what to do with it all. I want a new stadium but I doubt that will come for a few years and I can't seem to upgrade the current one.

As you can see about half of our team was sold. I have may youths coming in though who are all rated 4*+ PA but they are under 18's so I have to wait until they grow a little.

Key Players

1. Erhan Kurtulus. One of the greatest defenders in Scandinavia at the moment. To add to that he ahs scored 15 goals this season! I am still surprised no clubs have brought him off of me yet.

2. Ousmane Soumah. A first appearance here if my memory serves me correctly, he has always been over shadowed by his mentor and striker partner Bastardo however he has shown real character this season bagging himself 49 goals and challenging Bastardo for top striker.

3. Franklin Bastardo. Who else could I put third other than the legend himself, Bastardo. Still the top scorer in the club and he records will stand for many seasons. He also improved his league record this season, 27 in 17 games!

4. Salim Al-Shihri. He came in last season as a make do but he proved himself to be a very solid and reliable player. If I could choose a perfect winger he is pretty close to it.

5. Martin Fontana. He not really what many of you look for in a midfielder, and I would agree however the central midfielder role I play needs a player like this. Someone who can position himself and finish the ball. He has made a few great runs into the box to be a 3rd striker and caused all sorts of problems with his speed.

6. Jurica Tomljenovic. Jurica has been a great player really but he deserves a mention for the fact he's 17 and was forced to fill Kone's shoes. And by god they are some big shoes to fill. He hasn't been perfect every game but does seem to be maturing very well and could be a real star of the future.

3. Huseyin Kahraman. Another Turkish defender. He has started most games this season and looks to carry on that into next season. He is now part of my youth defence rotation.

Youth Players

1. Johann Hallgrimmson. This year saw him fly off the Germany in an £18.5m tranfer to HSV. Easily the best player in the Icelandic squad.

2. Garðar Sævarsson. On loan this season as he could get far more experience and I was right! He started basically every game for them getting a respectable 7.02 rating!

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

League History

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|SEASON    |CLUB                |LEAGUE                       |FINAL POSITION            |EXPECTED POSITION                |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2010      |KFK                 |3. Deild Karla B Rioill      |2nd                       | Not Judging, Joined In July     | 
|2011      |KFK                 |3. Deild Karla B Rioill      |1st Promoted via Playoffs | Media 4th, Board Title Challenge| 
|2012      |KFK                 |2. Deild Karla               |6th                       |12th, Attempt To Avoid Relegation| 
|2013      |KFK                 |2. Deild Karla               |3rd                       | Media 11th, Top Half Finish     | 
|2014      |KFK                 |2. Deild Karla               |1st Promoted              | Media 8th, Title Challenge      | 
|2015      |KFK                 |1. Deild Karla               |3rd                       | Media 11th, Avoid Relegation    | 
|2016      |KFK                 |1. Deild Karla               |3rd                       | Media 10th, Title Challenge     | 
|2017      |KFK                 |1. Deild Karla               |1st Promoted              | Media 7th, Title Challenge      | 
|2018      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |2nd EURO Cup              | Media 11th, Avoid Relegation    | 
|2019      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |2nd EURO Cup              | Media 6th, Title Challenge      | 
|2020      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 5th, Title Challenge      | 
|2021      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 2nd, Title Challenge      | 
|2022      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2023      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2024      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2025      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2026      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2027      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 

Flamers

They have won the Deildbikar though :) They would ahve been promoted this season if it wasn't for one of my feeder clubs. They finished equal on points and lost out on GD

kfklogo.png

Season 19 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

We needed a win against Bayern but it wasn't to be. We finished third but it does mean we are now part of the EURO Cup so lets hope for progress there! The expectations are still to win everythign domestically.

Finances | Transfers

The chairman took £10m this season after selling a massive £32.5m worth of my players!I really wish there was an option to hide money from your chairman.

Not much has happened so far this season. I have a lot of transfers due to come throughout this year though as I signed them as under 18's.

Squad

The star ratings are falling but that is due to my best players becoming better.

Squad

Claudio Sánchez GK My backup keeper. He is starting to get on and complain a bit but he still does a good job when called upon.

Michal Wawrzyniak GK He was a prospect but never really came to anything. He is often loaned out and will probably be again this season.

Alejandro Arenas GK Yet another ex prospect, he will probably go on loan again.

Mehdi Banaei GK My third choice keeper, doesn't get much game time. Might go out on loan this season, might not.

Karsten Schwarz GK First choice keeper, I think you can see why. He is really in a league of his own in terms of my keepers.

Aslan Mikhailov D R/C never had a really big role at the club but he has been loyal. He's also had his taste of international football with Iceland.

Slobodan Jevremovic D R/C Often on the bench, when I had all of my defenders brought from me he got a few starts but will probably stay on loan this season.

Jon Karanka D R/L/C One of my youth defenders, he will probably become part of the squad but is never really going to get to the first team.

Erhan Kurtulus D R/C What can you say. He is a great defender at any level. The real challenge is keeping him happy while batting off £15m bids for him from Arsenal.

Hüseyin Kahraman D R/C, WB R Another young Turkish defender. He is working really well at the back and is starting to break into the first team.

Milutin Damjanovic D C The old man of my defence, often used when I need someone who can lead the defence and help them keep there cool.

Cicinho D C Another youth, possibly not as talented as the Turks but he could be a reasonable player in the future.

Mark Chabalala D C Possibly the most ridiculous name in Football Manager. When he gets his Icelandic nationality I will probably send him out on loan.

Garðar Sævarsson D C My second half decent prospect out of my academy. He will send another season of football elsewhere though.

Federico González D C, DM, M C A versatile payer who is really in to cover both midfield and defence. Possibly a bit expensive at £5m but he might be called upon, we shall see.

Rui Abreu WB L, M L, AM L My back up ML, he gets quite a few sub appearances especailly during the more demanding parts of the season.

Manuel Fernández DM, M R/C A very versatile player, he is currently playing right wing more due to me only having a 17 year old to play there. When he plays centrally though he can score some really amazing goals.

Mariano Salomón DM, M C He is ancient by my squads standard but he can still be called upon if needed. He is often on the bench so he can help stabilise the ship if things are going wrong.

Gustavo DM, M C He's on the way out but I just need to find a club stupid enough to buy him.

Thierry Diaby DM, M C It confuses me how a player can have 49 youth caps and no senior ones. He's not awful by any standard. However often the pressure does get to him.

Martín Fontana DM, M C, AM C One of those players who most people wouldn't buy due to his strange stats but he is ideal for my system. Scored a couple of crackers last season as well.

Thabo Nhlapo M L, AM L/C, ST Versatile but not really good in any position. Only used if I have to up front.

Salim Al-Shihri M L/R, AM L/R The ideal versatile player, he plays both wings, and well. He is another one I am struggling to keep happy though.

Jurica Tomljenovic M R, AM R My 17 year old youth, he was forced into the starting line up with Kone's departure. The pressure sometimes gets to him but generally he is very good.

Juan Mendoza M C, AM C A decent midfielder and will help us when we are attacking, a steal at £1.7m I think though.

Ousmane Soumah AM R, ST He can play right wing, but why would you? The question is do I put Soumah or Bastardo in the main striker slot.

Rodrigo ST An amazing club servant, he has always been playing second fiddle but when called upon he can score as well as any of my strikers.

Dunga ST Another failed youth. However he does play for Iceland.

Franklin Bastardo ST The legend. He is a great player and on the right day unbeatable.

Carlos Chávez ST Failed youth again.

Youth Spotlight

None, carp again.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

Have been following the thread for awhile, well written and a great story! Well done.

However I also have some self-interest in this post. I'm curious to see your results but I think you've linked the finance screen instead.

Also, KUTGW!

kfklogo.png

Season 19 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

We may have been knocked out of the Champions League but we haven't given up the fight! We are currently on our way the the semifinal of the EURO Cup! Usual business has been restored domestically as well.

That £25m is waiting for a new stadium that if the 20 year theory is correct I won't get for 10 years.

Transfers | Squad

No one more was sold! This is one of the biggest relief's for me and the reason why we are doing so well in Europe. All of the loans are reserve team players.

The squad is about te same as it was previously.

Archived