[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kfklogo.png

Season 16 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

Perfect season. We won everything we could have, only 3 draws all season.

I didn't take a screenshot of the European groups or the odds but basically we are 200-1 and you can see the group in the fixtures. Our great result was against Real at there place, we had far fewer shots but just seemed to get the into the net. Close range shots and keeping possession seemed to work well.

We had the league secure with 3 games left this season which was great, we had it with 4 games left due to a huge goal difference. To complete our rout of the league we got the 2 of the top 3 Golden Boots , the 2nd best player of the year the winner didn't deserve it IMHO, the 3 Young Playesr of the Year (the winner is the Boca striker who is now at Real Madrid), 7 players in Team of the Year!, the 2 best goals of the season and I won Manager of the Year!

Finances | Transfers

Now £30m in the bank again which is good for the club.

Brought more and sold fewer however the £2.5m profit that was made on my Boca striker who had been here for 6 months helped.

Key Players

1. Franklin Bastardo. He has never been upset, is currently a club legend and rightfully so. His value is also creeping up as well.

2. Blessing Salami. He is becoming better and better and is really starting to show his class. He presence at corners is also a great help.

3. Claudio Sanchez. A classy keeper, he's not the best but seems to get the job done so I'm happy with him.

Youth Players

1. Johann Hallgrimmson. Another season, another switch, this time £10.5m to Lazio.

2. Garðar Sævarsson. HE still isn't good enough to break into the first team yet. A few more years of development should help him though, he is starting to show some promise.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

civ.png

Season 16 - International News:

Ivory Coast Results | Africa Cup Of Nations Group | World Cup Qualifying Group Round 3 | Africa Cup Of Nations Qualifying Group

I feel like I have hit a brick wall with Ivory Coast, I got as far as I could but South Africa seem to have become a massive force in African football. I starting look for a new nation in August and got several offers.

Peru Job Offer | Uruguay Job Offer

I applied for loads of jobs in early November and only Peru and Uruguay got back to me. Both of the squads were not great and I didn't think I could get much higher than they were.

cro.png

Croatian Job Offer | Croatian FA Expectations

I have moved from the 53rd ranked team to a team 40 places above them, 13th! I doubt that I can keep them there but I can try!

Flamers

Belgium football is not the greatest footballing nation in my save :p I'm hoping to manage France, Spain or England at some point in this save.

Oh and Croatia are now 11th in the world :D

And I'm the best manager in Icelandic history and the 10th best from England :D

kfklogo.png

Season 17 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

We did well this season and managed to qualify. It seems to be that if we can get a lead we win by miles, if we don't we lose.

Expectations are normal.

Finances | Transfers

Shareholders took £8.25m this season, also Lillestrom cancelled the link so no more loans from there.

Not many transfers.

Squad

Still looking good :D

Key Signings

1. Thierry Diaby. Released from Real Madrid with nearly 50 youth caps. He will be part of my midfield rotation.

Youth Spotlight

None, carp again.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

Really great game you have going on with a team that a bunch of Bowling buddies are playing with, Keila means Bowling in Icelandic..

Only thing I would like is to see you use more Icelanders :))

Also how is Þór Akureyri doing, my local team :))

kfklogo.png

Season 17 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

A perfect start to the season really. We pushed Athletico Madrid, even going ahead at there place but it wasn't too be.

We are still nice and well off though.

Transfers | Squad

Another big spend, £6m on a 20 yer old German keeper who looks that he could be very helpful.

The squad is shrinking slightly which is good.

Yours is still probably smaller due to the scheduling failure that is Iceland. Currently I'm looking at 11 players on international duty some matches.. Luckily it's only 1-2 per season.

Archived