[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 13 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

We lost the Supercup, a game which we really didn't deserve to lose, but it's life and not much we can do about it. The league defeat we simply couldn't finish, we had plenty of chances but couldn't make them count.

We are sitting third in the table but haven't conceded in 6 games now which is a good sign.

The European Seeding has improved which is nice and should mean that Icelandic clubs can get further in Europe. We are also the Most improved club in Europe!

Finances | Transfers

We are making a loss every month, mainly due to Tax which seems to be stupidly high (£140k per month!) A good Europe run should see us turn a profit though.

Not really much to note in the transfer front.

Any information you want then just ask.

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Cup

2022:

Group A

Colombia - 7

Tunisia - 5

Wales - 4

China - 0

Group B

Spain - 6

Portugal - 6

Chile - 4

Saudi Arabia - 1

Group C

France - 9

Israel - 4

Cameroon - 4

Canada - 0

Group D

Uruguay - 3

Bosnia & Herzegovina - 3

Algeria - 3

Germany - 3

Group E

England - 6

Senegal - 5

Australia - 4

Ukraine - 1

Group F

U.S.A - 6

Japan - 6

Brazil - 4

Denmark - 1

Group G

Italy - 9

Morocco - 6

Turkey - 3

Iran - 0

Group H

Argentina - 7

Mexico - 6

Sweden - 4

South Korea - 0

Second Round

Portugal 0-0p Colombia

Spain e2-0 Tunisia

Bosnia & Herzegovina 0-5 France

Uruguay 3-2 Israel

England 2-0 Japan

Senegal 1-0 U.S.A.

Mexico e2-1 Italy

Argentina 1-0 Morocco

Quarter Final

Colombia 2-0 Uruguay

Spain 1-2 France

England 5-0 Argentina

Senegal 0-1 Mexico

Semi Final

Colombia p1-1 Mexico

France 0-1 England

Third Place Playoff

France 1-0 Mexico

Final

Colombia 0-2 England

ENGLAND WIN THERE SECOND WORLD CUP!

Performance of the competition has to be Senegal though, underachievers are Brazil. Not getting out of the groups...

I don;t know how many of you know this but the Crysis 2 demo comes out today and I will be playing it quite a lot so if I don't update this for a little while don't worry, I will! I have nearly finished the 2022 season :)

kfklogo.png

Season 13 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

We won pretty much everything this season, annoyed we missed out on the Quad but oh well, you can't win everything? We are pretty much untouchable in the league now, winning it by 11 points.

Here is the full draw for the Group Stages, I thought we would have a fairly easy group but I was mistaken. We were ranked as 5000-1 outsiders to win the Cup which I can't complain at.

We had the league secure with 3 games left this season which was great, next season my goal is undefeated. To complete our rout of the league we got the Golden Boot, 2 of the top 3 Footballers of the Year, the 3 Young Players of the Year,5 players in Team of the Year and I won Manager of the Year!

Finances | Transfers

£16.5m in the bank and this damn loan is still hanging about. We are currently paying £150k tax per month so I want to spend this money so I can't be taxed!

The last transfer in was one of my best signings, he is 18 with 2 Ghana caps and is better than Claro. I can see him being the reason why we get places in Europe.

Key Players

1. Franklin Bastardo. His record is incredible. 50 goals in 45 games, breaking Yoshiwake's record of 48 goals in a season. He also got he first call up and goal for Venezuela this season as well.

2. Bare Sene. Great Malian defender, he is still young put showing a lot of promise, OL have tried to come after him this season and I told them that if they can offer me £3.1m they can have him, they ran away. He is honestly worth that money and plays week in, week out.

3. Leonardo Basay. My captain, he kept us going in the right direction and also provided some key assists from midfield. He has the likes of Tours after him but I'm confident of keeping him.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

tga.png

Season 13 - International News:

Tonga Results

As you can see we can't even score, therefore I have been applying for other jobs and when one came back I jumped ship.

Guinea-Bissau Offer | Expectations| Previous Results

I went from a team ranked 189th to a team ranked 88th. I think we might be able to do something now! I still have easy expectations and the team has won this season!

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 14 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

We sucked in the groups, not even getting a point. I am still waiting for my reputation to catch up with how far I can get.

We are expected to do the usual, win the league and reach the final of the 2 cups. The media think I am basically a certain for the league this year and who can blame them?

Finances | Transfers

Another season of a huge turnover. The massive loss we made last month is due to the board announcing that we will be getting 3000 more seats soon so Europe attendance will rise!

I got a couple of transfers that aren't on that screen, so far only 1 made this year but I have arranged several more for end of contract.

Squad

Two things to note: I have a Tongan! He is easily the best player that has come out of Tonga in a long time, possibly ever! I also have an Icelandic! he is also a Youth Prospect but more on that later!

Key Signings

1. Slobodan Jevremovic. It seems that good DR's are in short supply on my game, this is a stop gap until the end of contract for a player I poached.

Youth Spotlight

1. Johann Hallgrimsson. Welcome to this new section! With me now having a Youth Academy we have finally got through a youth who could make the first team! He is currently rated at 2 stars but with 4 potential! Hopefully a future Icelandic international.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 14 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

I honestly can't believe we lost to Vikingur but if that is the only loss of the season I will be happy!

The finances are good and will be even better when the Europe money comes in.

Transfers | Squad

We made £200k on loan fees and only spent £4k, doing well really!

The squad is big enough and good enough to do the quad this year, will they do it is another question!

International News Flash:

Ivory Coast Offer | Cameroon Offer | Expectations

I was still applying for job, but now to countries that were ranked higher than I was, Ivory Coast and Cameroon came back to me. I went with Ivory Coast even though Cameroon are ranked higher as the Ivory Coast squad does look better and younger. They still don't expect much though!

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 14 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

This season we won the Supercup but lost the Deildbikar! One season... One season...

We have been much better this season in the league even if we have had a couple of close shaves! A 7 wins and 2 draw record sees us top on goal difference, playing second next.

The European Seeding Is still the same as last season, I think it might go up next year hopefully. We also improved a lot in the European standings, we are now getting up with the bigger countries which is good.

Finances | Transfers

Making losses but that is about to change as we have a 10,000 capacity stadium now! 5000 seated!

Only £4k spent on transfers so far, brought in some youths on End of Contract deals.

Any information you want then just ask.

Flamers

Unlucky with the European results, but it seemed like you had quite a hard group. This slow rising reputation thing is a killer!! :mad: At least you've got the league pretty much sorted now, and can focus on results in Europe. It looks like you have some pretty good young South Americans, especially Basay and Bastardo, who look like stars.

He is a "poor" striker as Ivory Coast go but I had to beat Tonga that bad, 208th in the world and my old team :p

He will get first choice for every really easy game I have so he can be on 10 caps and 50 goals :D

Double checked and the number where the wrong way round, good spot though. Doing better than usual, only 1 wrong this update!

Not looking forward to Sparta Prague though... I think they are the hardest team who don't get into the groups automatically...

Love it... another Iceland thread.

I'm World Class in reputation and never got an offer from any club or country, I had to ask for my ill fated 21 and under ireland job and now my 21 and under iceland manager job, got me beat there.

I played KFK once in my save and its in their records as their biggest loss 5-0 lol

Champions League Money is key to building the club, one day you can pay your uber striker 11k a week like I do lol

Oh and for those who don't play an Icelandic team, you kinda need a larger team, since often times they play league/cup matches right in the middle of international call ups... and if your like me those call ups mean you need a load of back up players... it also sucks when you play your league match and 2 days later have champions league :(.

I'm surprised you have less Icelanders then I do but have the same problem... the locals that come out of the academy SUCK lol

Great showing, hoping you win the Champions League to show me its doable for an Icelandic club...

Some of my players are now claiming nationality so the same squad now has 3-4 Icelandics :p

I am bringing in a striker who has 18 finishing and 16 acceleration and pace. I think he might be just what we need :) my average end season is full of 3 day gaps with internationals in the middle. My current record is 7 first team players away.....

Try going for small jobs like Tonga then working your way up. My next international job will be either: England, France, Spain or Iceland :) I won't settle for any others as the Ivory Coast are pretty good :)

kfklogo.png

Season 14 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

We won pretty much everything this season, annoyed we missed out on the Quad but oh well, you can't win everything? We are pretty much untouchable in the league now, winning it by 11 points. Same as last season pretty much, in a side note now that KB don't have the money from there chairman they are struggling to keep up.

Here is the full draw for the Group Stages, it's not an "easy" group but one we can put up a fight in, OL are incredible so I'm not expecting great results there. We were ranked as 200-1 outsiders to win the Cup which I can't complain at. The best results have to be the 8-0 win over Sparta Prague and the 4-0 win over Juventus. The 3-2 defeat to OL showed that the players have some really class and that they can't be underestimated!

We had the league secure with 2 games left this season which was great, next season my goal is undefeated. To complete our rout of the league we got the Golden Boot with another player 3rd, the top 3 Footballers of the Year, 2 of the 3 Young Players of the Year, 8 players in Team of the Year!, the 3rd best goal of the season and I won Manager of the Year!

Finances | Transfers

I think we have quite a lot of money now? We are upgrading facilities as well. We have also been allowed to pay off our loan which is nice!

Only £4k spent the whole season and I made £1.4m, not a bad rate really.

Key Players

1. Michael Jackson. Boogying his way up to one of the greatest players to have ever been at the club. He is up there with Yoshiwaka as an all time great, he is really the main reason for us being so successful. No doubt about it.

2. Bare Sene. Another second place for Sene, he is playing a more and more pivotal role as the years are going on. His huge 6'6" stature is a great help from corners and at the back.

3. Leonardo Basay. He is now holding several assist records, he has a great head on him and seems to motivate the players well.

Youth Players

1. Johann Hallgrimmson. Came through as a 2 star, now up to 3, he has the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Lazio and AC Milan chasing him. He is really a star.

Flamers

Morten Thompson, ex Denmark youth player. Julio Fuentes who is currently out on loan and my 31 year old keeper is Sub 1 :)

They play for Iceland but loads have claimed it but are not good enough also Iceland nationality means they don't need a work permit ;)

Also I had my players go on holiday for a whole 1 day, yes 364 days of training!

Archived