[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ðððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððððð

kfklogo.png

Season 10 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

We played well in the friendlies. It gave me a chance to see how good some of my new signings where and they seem to be a very good standard which pleases me.

I told the board I could challenge for title as I wanted a nice big wage budget, I honestly think we can do it. The media also think that we have a chance, giving us better odds than 5 times champions Fram!

Finances | Transfers

£300k in the bank this season and the board still won't let me have new facilities! The kitty was helped with a big transfer though.

That big transfer was one of my right wingers, he went for £20k up front and £2k per league appearance for the first 10 games. In return I brought some more midfielders in from Africa on £40 p/w!

Squad

As you can see by the amount of stars it's a good squad. Note the lack of Icelandics except those needed for Europe.

Key Signings

1. Matin Hoy. Good stamina, decent speed and 16 tackling. Natural at bottom left back and centre back, competent at right back. Simply he is a wonderful player.

2. Julio Cesar. Although he is a natural striker having only 12 finishing puts me off putting him there. Instead I;m retraining him as a MC where he can play a Advanced Playmaker role while should suit him to the ground!

3. Leonel Baiao. He is on £50 p/w but a good winger!

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

As they are part time they also work on building the stadium, they are really involved in making this club work!

Problem is the Nigeria I now have as a part time banker.. The only one the country has :p

Flamers

Deare Mistar Flamers,

I have a graet deel of money whiche I need too get out of the country quieckly becaus of my jeallus family. The sum is $100,000,000USD dollars. I would loev to make deal with you but I need moneys for banking fees that I canort afford. Plees send me youre name, addres and card deetails so that I maye have these moneys. I will send yuo 10 percent of the moneys that I will receiev for yore troubles but pleeas send the moneys. The amount is $1000USD dollars. I will alzo come and play footballs for you, I am good player. Only 22 yeares old. My passport is a mistake, I am note 35.

Your friend in hoep

Ibrahim Lawal

kfklogo.png

Season 10 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

We can't go unbeaten all season.. It was a cracking game though and on the day they did honestly play better so I can't really do much about it. Other than that 1 minor blip we had a good pre season and cup group.

We have plenty in the bank. The club is now valued at a huge £1.3m up from £6k just 10 years ago, although we have £1.4m of debt. This makes us the 7th most valuable club in Iceland! If we can keep turning a profit then I see no reason why we can't keep climbing.

Transfers | Squad

Not really much to note in my transfers, they seem to be gelling well into my squad which is good.

The squad has 14 nationalities, 2 current internationals, 1 under 23 international, 3 under 21 internationals and 1 under 20 international.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 10 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

Are record isn't quite as good this season, we seem to be slightly less consistent but we are still a good team. Our next games are against Cork from Ireland.

We are still sitting second though and hopefully we can push forward and get the top spot.

Finances | Transfers

We now have over £500k in the bank which is wonderful, we are also turning over a big profit every month with an average attendance of over 4300!

I have got some transfers arranged for the end of there contracts which is in September.

Any information you want then just ask.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 10 Review - Uravlsdeild:

Results | League Table

We lost a lot more this season, often at key times. The cup final loss was a bit annoying but I managed to get over it. As you can see we came incredibly close to doing the domestic triple, hopefully we can manage it next season.

In Europe we managed to hammer Cork city 5-0 on aggregate then went to Austria and got a respectable 2-2 draw however we fell apart at home and lost 2-0.

Finances | Transfers

*Cough* I'm rich *Cough* We now have over £1m in the bank! Each home game we get about £50k in gate receipts and with £156k from Europe for appearing it was good!

We also made the biggest transfer of my career, £150k for D RLC Martin Hoy. He was a real star at the club and when the £100k offer came in I made it up to £150k with a 35% next transfer clause.

Key Players

1. Morten Thomsen. He scored 14 times this season, mainly at key points which greatly helped our campaign.

2. Leonel Baiao. A great AML, he doesn't score much and got a few too many cards but I can see him getting better, at 22 he already has 2 caps under his belt

3. Roberto Yalta. Another fine season for the AMR but loads of cards disappointed me. I really hope that he gets picked for the national teams as he is working hard and deserves it.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

With the right draw then yes, we were unlucky at home and played badly. The next team was a team from Greece who we could have stood half a chance against. After that it would have been hard but we could have tried.

Flamers

you are rich now Flamers but European football will cripple your wages as your players demand more. And you have bonuses to pay out as well.

£50k a game wont be much in a years time

KUTGW lets hope you can win the league next year.

Archived