[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kfklogo.png

Season 8 July Half Season Update - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

We have played some outstanding football in the cups! we have only drawn once and lost once in 13 games! We also have a great defensive record as well! To top this off we are now the league cup holders, we beat the best team in Iceland, Fram, 1-0 in a final in which both teams went down to 10 players.

Unfortunately we haven't been quick as good in the league, due to the fixture congestion I was fielding my B team for some of the games or a very tired A team. However the last two games were a 3-0 and 5-0, yes 5-0!!, win are more like what we should have been like earlier on.

Finances | Transfers

The accurate term is: KERRRCHIIINGGGGG. Wow, that cup run has given us loads of money, best of all is that attendances have risen! The 5-0 win against Prottur was chosen as a fan day so hopefully that should get me some fans!

Any information you want then just ask.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 8 Review - 1. Deild Karla:

Results | League Table

I cracking cup run saw us win the league cup, we then went on a huge unbeaten streak. We ended the season with 13 wins, 5 draws and 4 loses. As you can see we did have some cracking games, a couple of 5 goal games where a joy to watch!

A +24 goal difference, 47 goals scored and only 23 conceded. It was great!

Finances | Transfers

Look at how much money we have! Nearly £200k in the bank now and we are turning a profit now that we are league cup champions and the attendances have shot up to 2000 per game.

We signed a new left back from Honduras who is quite good but he is a little injury prone.

Key Players

1. Roberto Yalta. 19 out of 22 league games this season, 8 goals and 8 assists. He also got another 6 in the cup and got an average rating of 7.5!

2. Eric Cousins. Three times now! 16 appearances this season, 30 caps now. He is getting slightly better and a solid player in my defence.

3. Diego Davila. The striker who came in half way through the season, he scored 13 in 14 appearances and he is only getting better.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

I'll check....

6702!! :O HUGE!!! Moving 22.1.2019 so still a whole season in this ground :) I just noticed that my stadium has a roof haha

Flamers

I really enjoy seeing that they have sold the old stadium, because in real life they dont own that stadium :p

But do you know what the club name stands for?

kfklogo.png

Season 9 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

We sucked in the friendlies at the end of last season, we should have done better. No other way the put it.

I was tempted by mid table but I didn't want to push it and see myself sacked as this club is starting to show it's potential. The media still hate me but that's expected.

Finances | Transfers

£200k in the bank, however now the loan repayments have started £14k a month will be painful. I worked out that the total cost of this loan will be £2.4m, £1m more than the loan itself!

We made no transfers, instead I spent the money bulking up my back room.

Squad

After last seasons cup runs I think that we stand an ok chance, the team is good and I'm looking forward to how they do.

Key Signings

None.

Flamers

I really enjoy seeing that they have sold the old stadium, because in real life they dont own that stadium :p

But do you know what the club name stands for?

Keilufelagio Keila :D

I can't see to find any information on them :p

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 9 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

I great start to the season as we went unbeaten in our group and unbeaten in our friendlies. The moral in the squad is running high and it's feeling good.

Still £200k in the bank and we are still just about making a profit even with the loan repayment.

Transfers | Squad

No transfers, a young squad. I can't really find any players that are better than my current players.

Flamers

Gratz on winning the cup mate. Always nice to pick up silverware.

What's your current capacity? Is the new stadium going to give you much more?

I wonder if ticket prices will hike up in the new stadium being better facilities. Might be worth making a note of the current ones. What's your average attendance now?

so you should get at least 4,000 in the new stadium then so double income.

I had that in my Pro Vercelli save. We had the highest ticket prices in Italy by a mile. We were nearly double the rest. It was insane. It was way more beneficial to not have season ticket holders as that was almost 50% cheaper lol it was something like 100 Euro's by the end to watch a game. But we were worth it ;)

Double income should be a nice boost

kfklogo.png

Season 9 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

As you can see we are unbeaten this season. A few too many draws but we are still getting plenty of wins!

If you look you can see that we defended our Deildabikar crown with a 2-1 comeback against KB.

We have simply been cracking in the league. We are sitting 3rd after 9 games which is more than I could have asked for. My goal now is to keep pushing and try and get a Europe place, preferably win the league and get a Champions League place. One of the teams that is playing in the EURO Cup was 11th sacked their manager and offered me the job, it was a huge transfer budget but I have a much better squad here.

Finances | Transfers

£400k in the bank, that should hopefully mean a facilities upgrade which it vitally needed.

We made 1 transfer, a Chilean on a free to cover DL as some of the runs of games are hard at the start of the season.

Any information you want then just ask.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 9 Review - Uravlsdeild:

Results | League Table

Wow, that season was insane. I don't know what to say. The best way for you to get an idea is just to look at the image yourself. We went on an unbeaten run at the start of the season that lasted for over 20 games!

You would think a 14-7-1 record would win the league. How about a +28 goal difference. No, I lost it by 1 point and 2 goal difference. We were always up there, always challenging but Breioablik never slipped up.

Finances | Transfers

£250k in the bank now, this is before we get our friendly money!

A few backup players brought in a loan with a £100k future fee.

Key Players

1. Roberto Yalta. Got himself quite a few yellows this season, mainly for diving. But 7 goals and 7 assists, he is one of my best players and will go down in club history I'm sure. He is already Favoured Personnel.

2. Diego Davila. What can I say about this kid, 15 finishing and 17 penalty taking. He also has the speed to break defences he is wonderful.

3. Rafael Claro. First time in a little while a keeper has got on here 19 appearances, 15 conceded and 8 clean sheets. I have a strange feeling that when he gets Icelandic nationality he might end up getting a couple of call ups.

Flamers

Archived