[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I have sorted out some stuff so have played a couple of matches today.

This right winger has scored about twice in his life and then decides to do this:

[video=youtube;ObB5_Wq_O80]

It's taken me 70+ goals a season for 7 seasons to get on of those :p

Even though he is only a squad winger he now has a special place and might get super sub appearances for that!

• 1 month later...

kfklogo.png

Season 21 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

The draw in the second game of my league champaign disappointing however since then we have't conceded a single goal! We sit comfortably at the top of the table and look set to defend our title again.

The European Cup Seeding are the same as last year. Setting 13th in the European standings, one behind Liverpool, is a very impressive place to be.

Finances | Transfers

We will make a loss until the Champions League rolls into town. We desperately need a bigger stadium too.

Delporte seems like a bargain, he has scored 13 so far this season! Now onto some transfer silly season news:

I have bee rejecting bids for Soumah left right and centre but they don't seem to be getting the point:

782.png

783.png

Both rejected, he's that good.

2030:

Group A

Paraguay- 3

Belgium - 3

Portugal - 3

Mali - 3

Group B

England - 7

Australia - 6

Romania - 4

Peru - 0

Group C

Slovakia - 7

Russia - 3

China - 2

Egypt - 2

Group D

France - 9

Costa Rica - 4

Ivory Coast - 3

Israel - 1

Group E

Spain - 7

Switzerland - 7

Morocco - 3

Iran - 0

Group F

Argentina - 9

U.S.A. - 3

Sweden - 3

South Korea - 3

Group G

Tunisia - 7

Holland - 5

Serbia- 4

Chile - 0

Group H

Brazil- 7

Saudi Arabia - 5

Italy - 4

Mexico - 0

Second Round

Paraguay p0-0 Australia

England 0-0p Belgium

Costa Rica 0-1 Slovakia

France 0-2 Russia

Spain 4-2 U.S.A.

Argentina 3-0 Switzerland

Saudi Arabia 1-1p Tunisia

Holland p2-2 Brazil

Quarter Final

Paraguay 0-5 Russia

Belgium 1-1p Slovakia

Spain 4-3 Holland

Argentina 4-1 Tunisia

Semi Final

Russia 0-1e Argentina

Slovakia 0-4 Spain

Third Place Playoff

Russia e2-1 Slovakia

Final

Argentina 2-0 Spain

*Fixed my complete FAIL

On the other hand, France were probably delighted to be in the final considering Russia knocked them out in the second round! ;)

Also Flamers, your European Cup seedings, European standings, Finance and Transfers links aren't working.

That's ridiculous money for Soumah!

kfklogo.png

Season 21 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

An amazing season in the league only saw us concede 3 goals all year. However we crashed out in the VISA-Bikar quarter final after being 2-0 up at one point. We simply switched off, I let the players go home with there ego's very much bruised after that game.

The European results are to show Raware what a striker worth well over £40m is capable of. Yes that is 5 goals against Villarreal!

We were ranked as 50-1 outsiders, however I feel that we can cause a big impressive this year. My group seems better than it looks. Tottenham are much bigger than they currently are but other than that it's do-able.

The awards that we claimed this season were: the top two Golden Boots , the top three Footballers of the Year, the top three Young Players of the Year, Manager of the Year to the KR manager who was predicted to finish 6th, got through a round in Europe, got a a semi final and a final and 9 players in Team of the Year!! I think we could have got all of the players if we played a 4-4-2 but we don't.

Finances | Transfers

I really need to start slimming the squad done but it doesn't seem to be working. Lets hope for more European success.

Still buying in young blood and actually selling a couple too!

Key Players

1. Bigu. He has now become a world class winger and I doubt it will be long before his call up to the full Brazil squad.

2. Ousmane Soumah. A "poor" season my his standards, only scored 69 times. However he is leading the attack and providing more assists.

3. Buba Conateh. With the number 1 jersey he hasn't let the side down. Going nearly 2000 minutes without conceding in the middle of the season!

Youth Players

1. Johann Hallgrimmson. What a waste of talent, would have been better off in Iceland

2. Garðar Sævarsson. A season at Morecambe this time. He is unlikely to come to much.

3. Steinar Sigurðsson. Looks like a player who could become something, a value of £400,000 is promising.

4. Aron Helgason. I doubt he will come to much but we will see.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

League History

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|SEASON    |CLUB                |LEAGUE                       |FINAL POSITION            |EXPECTED POSITION                |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2010      |KFK                 |3. Deild Karla B Rioill      |2nd                       | Not Judging, Joined In July     | 
|2011      |KFK                 |3. Deild Karla B Rioill      |1st Promoted via Playoffs | Media 4th, Board Title Challenge| 
|2012      |KFK                 |2. Deild Karla               |6th                       |12th, Attempt To Avoid Relegation| 
|2013      |KFK                 |2. Deild Karla               |3rd                       | Media 11th, Top Half Finish     | 
|2014      |KFK                 |2. Deild Karla               |1st Promoted              | Media 8th, Title Challenge      | 
|2015      |KFK                 |1. Deild Karla               |3rd                       | Media 11th, Avoid Relegation    | 
|2016      |KFK                 |1. Deild Karla               |3rd                       | Media 10th, Title Challenge     | 
|2017      |KFK                 |1. Deild Karla               |1st Promoted              | Media 7th, Title Challenge      | 
|2018      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |2nd EURO Cup              | Media 11th, Avoid Relegation    | 
|2019      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |2nd EURO Cup              | Media 6th, Title Challenge      | 
|2020      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 5th, Title Challenge      | 
|2021      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 2nd, Title Challenge      | 
|2022      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2023      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2024      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2025      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2026      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2027      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2028      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st CL EURO Cup Finals    | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2029      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 
|2030      |KFK                 |Urvalsdeild                  |1st Champions League      | Media 1st, Winner               | 

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 22 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

A draw with Tottenham was well deserved by everyone, we ended up second because we conceded 1 more goal even though we scored nearly twice as many!

Finances | Transfers

£12m was taken this season which means we are very quickly heading towards the red,

I have only brought in 1 player so far, on a free!

Squad

Getting better still.

Squad

Claudio Sánchez GKHe says he wants to be a manager. I will keep him until he retires though.

Michal Wawrzyniak GK Out on loan as per normal.

Karsten Schwarz GK About half a year left until he can play for Iceland. He plays some of the league games just to keep him happy.

Buba Conateh GK An all round keeper, with the likes of FC Bayern after him now.

New Isaac Maccauley GK He will probably be my 2nd or 3rd time in time, he was brought in as he was cheap depth.

Steinar Sigurðsson GK Getting some games at Morecambe so should improve.

Slobodan Jevremovic D R/C Still here. He will probably now stay until retirement.

Jon Karanka D R/L/C He is spending some time in Morecambe improving his skills.

Hüseyin Kahraman D R/C, WB R He is now a starting DC. Doing well as well and was capped at the end of last season.

Moedim D R/C, WB R Now that he is a DC he is playing as many games as I can get him to.

Milutin Damjanovic D C He is starting less due to the quality of youth that is coming through.

Cicinho D C Being sent off to Morecambe to train.

Mark Chabalala D C Season on loan to help him get confidence and help move on.

Garðar Sævarsson D C Off at Morecambe this season, making a few starts there too.

David Hernández D C A fine season, leading the defensive line many times. Still part of the Spanish youth setup.

New. Anatoly Shustikov D C A future defensive prospect.

New. Asuman Juma D C A future defensive prospect.

Aron Helgason D C Trying to get him some experience.

Federico González D C, DM, M C Keeping up the solid work in midfield.

Bruno D C, DM, M C Has been a star in midfield and it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't far from getting a call up.

Bigu D L, WB L, M L The star of last of last season.

Rui Abreu WB L, M L, AM L Played MR one game as was great, might be retrained or just left to finish his career and join the back room.

Mariano Salomón DM, M C Just waiting until he retires.

Gustavo DM, M C He was moved up as I didn't have enough players one match.

Thierry Diaby DM, M C Sometimes makes the bench.

Alexandr Ivanov DM, M C Might get into the midfield group soon.

Martín Fontana DM, M C, AM C Has been moaning all season but no one wants him, does he not get the point?

New. Ibrahim Zoungrana M R, AM R Brought in to give depth at MR.

Jurica Tomljenovic M R, AM R Getting more mature every game, becoming a very good winger now.

Edgar González M R, AM R Plays about 30 minutes every game due to poor Stamina and Natural Fitness of all of my MR's.

Sebastián Marino M L, AM L He is a man that is very much wanted on loan it seems!

Sasa Marjanovic M C, AM C Lillestrom wanted him on loan and were willing to give me £250k. I wasn't going to complain!

New. Pablo Morales M C, AM C A youth who will keep the AMC role fulfilled.

Ousmane Soumah AM R, ST An amazing player who will reach 1000 goals easily, if he stays. He was also named in the team of the year: here.

Oleg Panin AM R/C, ST A long term injury last season hasn't helped his chances.

Thabo Nhlapo AM L/C, ST Transfer listed by request, out on loan again.

Derlis Bareiro AMC, ST Played amazingly at the world cup for Paraguay and plays a great role as my deep striker in the AMC slot.

Rodrigo ST Plays well for Iceland and gets a few games on us.

Franklin Bastardo ST Now the player with the highest appearances for the club.

New. Alexey Grigorjev ST I was shocked to see his come up for a free, I took the chance to sign him straight away. He may not be a world beater but he will be reliable.

New. René Delporte ST Signed at the end of January last season and immediately became the number 2 striker. He hasn't let me down!

Youth Spotlight

1. Aron Helgason ST One star current ability with 3 potential. He could be the best player to come through in a while.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

A 10-0 win in the Champions League?! :eek: A 4-0 win in the Champions League against Villareal?! :eek: 7-0 and 9-0 wins...standard. How are you managing to score so much? And how are you managing to attract the calibre of player that you are? They all look world class, playing in the Icelandic league. Surely they want a move to bigger clubs by now? I can't seem to 1) attract the kind of players that you do and 2) keep them happy when they're (repectably) at a bigger club than KFK.

Also, just to let you know Bareiro, Rodrigo and Bastardos profile pics are messed up with each others.

Aren't you getting bored yet? ;):D

Well Soumah wanted to move I gave him the normal "the club will get bigger" he didn't like that so I said "well leave this for a while"

That made half my team unhappy :(

All of my "good" players were brought in between the ages of 16-18 which is how I come to have them :D

They also all want to move I just keep telling them the club will get bigger :p getting a decent way into the CL is helping me :D

The goal scoring thing seems to be that if I score first I win by a lot, if I don't I lose. It's the way my tactic is setup, 3 strikers on the pitch and wingers who "get forward when possible" and only a back 3 :)

And yes I do get bored (hence why I didn't play for 2 months!)

Also the club is rich and fairly successful and the league is now 18th in Europe so it's not dreadful! Which helps in attracting players. 3* league rep.

mli.png

International Update:

861.png

The Mali job came up and it seemed like a good way back into international management. Ranked 30th as I take over the job they are a good team, the also have one of my ex defenders.

The players are very good defensively but not great when it comes to midfield and strikers.

• 1 month later...

kfklogo.png

Season 22 January February and March (and some of April!) Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

Derp. I forgot about doing this completely and got too carried away when I came back to the game so I am 20 days late this season! Good job it hasn't changed my results! We were handed one of the toughest first round draws, coming up against OL at any time is hard enough let alone when they are one of the best teams in the world.

Other than that though it has been a rather positive start to the season overall even if we did struggle in our last cup game more than we made it look like.

Transfers | Squad

I can still use free transfers! Just a bit of rotation happening, older players out and younger ones in.

kfklogo.png

Season 22 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

The painful loss to FH was soon put behind us however it does seem to have effected us more than I would like. We don't seem to be able to control the game like we used to. We are 6 points clear but I feel least sure about defending our title this year than previously.

The European Cup Seeding are the same as last year. We are 13th in the European standings, up with PSG and Athletico Madrid, we need a big year to push us higher though. A cookie for the person who finds the bug.

On the subject of Europe Soumah was the top scorer with 14 goals!

Finances | Transfers

For once I have just about broken even on my transfer dealings, with Morecambe nearly getting promotion last season (3rd in the Championship!) I might end up with a Premiership feeder club!

according to the topsection Iceland has one team in theleague and one in the best placed third playoff

according to the bottom section you have 3 teams in various qualifying playoffs

But that aside please continue Flamers its a great read everytime

We might have a problem:

878.png

Turkey ranked 11th in the world and a damn good team including 2 defenders who have played under me.

However this also came up, it is simply my dream job but all the players seem to be going over the hill and I don't fancy losing all the games...

877.png

Conundrum!

How often has the Iceland job been available? If it was like the Wales job in FM10 for me then I'd snap it right up - stupid overperforming-in-terms-of-reputation-but-grossly-underperforming-in-terms-of-the-players-I-was-producing-for-them-from-my-academy Rhys Weston :mad:

Archived