FM 2011: Ezequiel Iván Lavezzi

megafan2005

pocho_lavezzi_milan-napoli1.jpg

Ezequiel Iván Lavezzi is a 25 year old striker who plays for Napoli in Serie A. Nicknamed "El Pocho" he moved from his first professional team Estudiantes to Genoa in Italy during the 2004 season. He did not last long featuring in no league games for Genoa and was sold back to Argentina once Genoa hit financial problems. He led San Lorenzo to the Apertura in 2005 and the Clausura in 2007. His solid form led him back to Italy at the beginning of the 2007/2008 season. Napoli used him as the focal point of their attack and he is well-known for his dribbling skills and adored by the fans for it.

In FM he starts with brilliant stats which allow him to fulfil a variety of roles. I signed him at the start of the second season for Bayern Munich and he quickly become the greatest attacking threat the club had not just with goals but with assists as well.

Lavezzi has some standout attributes especially his ability to not just finish with a bang but also get his teammates involved in the game

His stats for the the first season and part of the second season. Check the stats at the bottom of the screen for his first full season in German football to get the picture

How do you recommend playing him? Playing him alongside Cavani with Hamsik in the hole behind them.

Playing Hamsik as Advanced Playmaker attack, what role would suit the two up front?

He was a beast in my 3rd season with Fiorentina. Played him upfront on his own as a poacher with 3 central AM's behind him (Jovetic, Hamsik, Ljajic). He was top scorer in Serie A and helped me win the title. Great ability to knock the ball past defenders and blow by them with his pace.

EL.jpg

He is easily retrainable to AMR/L and he has amazing att's for both the central and wide roles, maybe even better when used wide. He looks so good and versatile I think he's a must buy if available for a reasonable price.

changed my formation to a 4-1-3-2 with three CMs and two up top.

Playing Cavani as a poacher and Lavezzi as a modified DLF next to him.

In the old style, Lavezzi hadn't scored for 5 games. He now has 7 in in 11 games meaning in his past 6 games he's scored 7 times.

He's also chipped in with 3 assists and an average rating of 7.53

Much better.

• 2 months later...
Not working for me as a DLF/support alongside poacher Cavani. Any ideas?

Make sure he's running with the ball often, and shooting from distance at most sometimes, should be fine. Remember that he's the link man for Cavani and not the main goalscorer himself.

Make sure he's running with the ball often, and shooting from distance at most sometimes, should be fine. Remember that he's the link man for Cavani and not the main goalscorer himself.

Cheers Joe, he's started doing the business, I've set him as TM/to feet and he's now got 12 goals and 8 assists in 27, not phenomenal but he's averaging 7.5 and pretty crucial to how we play. Cavani is always ahead of him and Hamsik often gets up there too and Lavezzi links well with both as well as drifting wide and bringing Maggio into the game.

If you want him to be the link man, why give him shooting from distance often? It kinda cancels out what you want him to do. If he's the link then he should have shoot from distance rarely.

If you want him to be the link man, why give him shooting from distance often? It kinda cancels out what you want him to do. If he's the link then he should have shoot from distance rarely.

thats why he said sometimes at most, ie no more than that.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived