FM11 - Continental Dominance Challenge

Your career thread isn't working for me . . . it says the forum no longer exists, or something like that.

Anyway, I have found that by checking "add players" at setup, that you have a much more realistic looking J-League. They're all newgens, but I wouldn't know the real players anyway, and it's a world better than having nothing but youth teams.

Have restarted at Grampus. This time I still have time before the transfer window closes. I started in January in Japan instead of February in the US to help this.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2015/16 Update

I started the season at Wanderers under a cloud as my chairman sold some of our key players and best youngsters. We started well but were unable to challenge the big boys and repeat our opening stage success of last season. That led to me accepting a job offer from Club Africain in Tunisia (despite Wanderers' imminent participation in the Copa Libertadores) midway through the season. I guided the team to a 5th placed finish and won the cup (easy as we were already in the final). The club was also already qualified for the African Champions League and we have reached the last eight group stage. Could the first continental trophy be on the way?

Full season report

After not playing my Razer82's South America save for about a month and failing to get back into it (don't you hate it when you lose momentum like that?), I thought I'd push my puny laptop to its absolute limit and load the following leagues:

South Africa (two tiers)

India

South Korea (two tiers)

Argentina (one tier)

Iceland (one tier)

Ireland (one tier)

US

England (three tiers)

Spain (two tiers)

Baritone Trouble is not only an ex-Sunday Leaguer, he also hails from Mayotte, which isn't even a 'country' as such.

Agreed to apply for all jobs, and accept the first job offer.

It came from Blackburn Rovers!

Oh...but not that Blackburn Rovers.

Unlike all other teams in the South African Coastal Division, Blackburn only consist of 15 and 16 year old newgens. Baritone Trouble has his work cut out if he is not to experience relegation in his first season.

In addition, it's just me and the chairman here (note to self- ALWAYS tick 'add key staff'!). Hmmm...

Good luck William and Baritone. Looking forward to your updates :thup:

2016-17 Season Summary

My decision to move to Club Africain in Tunisia paid off as I completed part of the challenge by winning the CAF Champions League! :) We also cantered to the League title and came 3rd at the Club World Cup. Time to move on! Full season review here.

I also had some international success, winning the African U20 title with South Africa.

Well done Dodgee.

Here's a brief update for me. I just hit summer break in my first season. As far as transfers go, I concentrated mostly on getting my allowed four foreigners, as there was quite a crop of talent available for free from other lands. I brought in two CBs, a CM, and a ST. The Braziliian CM has been slow coming on but the others are some of the stars of the team, especially my American striker who has bullied his way to 10 goals for the season overall, including 8 from his first 11. He's easily the star of the first half-season (or so, halfway is technically 17 games and we've played 15 by the time break started). We're still alive in the Emperor's Cup, which is good; because everyone is full of newgens the cup is something of a free for all, with lower division squads providing fierce competition.

We have yet to lose in the league, too, as we lead by 4 points. We were helped by a computer glitch, though. I haven't pinned the source of the problem (though it's much better than it was) but my computer will occasionally freeze and force a hard reset. Well the most recent occasion was during a tricky away fixture. We were over confident, and I had my side playing over aggressive, and this team struggling to fight off the relegation zone stuck it to me. Things were beginning to snowball and we were staring at a 0-3 deficit when the freeze came. After the restart I played more cautiously and was gifted a red card about ten minutes before half which gave us the advantage we needed to come out on top. This turnaround may have greatly affected our season. At the time, we were trying to chase another club on an unbeaten run who had one fewer draw than us. If we'd lost, I'd wager we're still struggling. I know I benefited from a reset, but what can I do? I've had games where I was on the other end-having a great game against a superior opponent, then after the freeze struggling to get a result. If I could stop my computer from doing it, I would. At least it's not like it was with FM09 on my old setup-I could hardly get through a game without a freeze.

One complaint I have is Japan's disciplinary rules. You get a one match suspension for every yellow card starting with the second. Right now my best CB is on a run of one game off, one game on because of this. I tried to suggest he not throw himself into tackles and he got indignant on me.

2017 Review

AFter winning the CAF Champions League with Club Africain, I moved onto Suwon in South Korea. I joined halfway though the season with the team already out of the Asian Champions League but we managed to win the Peace Cup and top the league standings. Unfortunately, the title is settled through a play-off system and we were beaten in the final. However, next season we get a shot at the Asian Champions League as I attempt to add continental trophy number 2 :)Full Season Report here.

Just won my first home game of the challenge 8-0 with a completely rebuilt squad against a team who were strong favourites. So far, I am enjoying the South African league.

To put into context, I have never previously won a game on FM11 by more than a three goal margin, and never achieved as comprehensive a result in fifteen years of playing CM/FM.

• 3 weeks later...

I think about taking the challenge with these leagues:

Germany

England

Italy

France

Spain

Israel

New Zeland (sp?)

Another Oceania country

Australia

South Korea

South Africa

Brazil

Argentina

Uruguay (sp?)

USA

Mexico

All down to the lowest tier that were given by the game.

I'm in 2037 and myself and a few others who have been running this challenge for a few years have the same problem.

I began at Winners Park, stayed there for three or so years, moved to FC Cape Town; won the SAFA Cup with them which eventually got me the Kaizer Chiefs job offer. Won every cup under the sun following a spending spree, secured the CAFCL and resigned. No one would take me, who normally would, Ukrainian First League teams, Dutch Eerste Division sides, all laughed me off. Eventually I got a soon to be relegated Israeli Premier League side, kept them up and then out of nowhere Palmeiras offered me a job. Won the league twice with them and the Copa Libertadores, before resigning. This was around 2027. I still was getting laughed off of jobs left right and centre and eventually managed to secure a job with FC Utrecht in the Eerste Division, with whom I have now managed to firmly esablish in the Eredivisie.

It remains to be seen whether the patch will fix these issues, I doubt it and to be frank it's too ****ing late to make a change now. It's taken 4 months to fix a fundamental aspect of the game, which is shocking.

Finally getting started here

Here's the leagues I'm running

South Africa

Tunisia

Australia

Qatar

South Korea

England

Spain

Canada

USA

New Zealand

Argentina

Paraguay

Some interesting choices you have. Good luck.

I finally start with England, Spain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, USA, Brazil and Argentina. Should be fun I am hoping to do this challenge on this save and do it again with a more varied set of leagues open, I should have time as I will not be buying FM12 until the release of the third patch.

I might not stick at this, but ive loaded up to give a go!

Gone with:

England

Argentina

Mexico

South Africa

India

(no NZ for me, only doing it for fun anway)

First Job offer was Blackburn in ZA, but saw someone else has used them so refused. Instead i have taken over at "F.C.A.K" (nope, i dont know what it stands for either, for a moment i thought i had taken over a clothing store!) in South African Inland division!

First Job offer was Blackburn in ZA, but saw someone else has used them so refused. Instead i have taken over at "F.C.A.K" (nope, i dont know what it stands for either, for a moment i thought i had taken over a clothing store!) in South African Inland division!

The Blackburn board are a bunch of tw*ts anyway. Only having India loaded for Asia will prove a challenge within a challenge!

Didn't get the job at Wellington but I applied for more jobs through the rest of the season. I have finished the season with Cerro Cora and will post an update here once I update my career thread. Needless to say it looks as though there's a new job coming for me in the nation I had most fun managing in on the challenge for FM10 - South Africa

Well. I have decided to give this mammooth task a try.

I have loaded up leagues from UAE, Vanuatu, New Zealand, Nigeria, Egypt, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, USA, England and Spain.

Started with automatic reputation and got offers from a lot of Vanuatu based clubs, plus one in Nigeria and Dubai of the UAE.

So the mouthwatering aspect of spending some quality time in Dubai, polishing my managerial skills, was too tempting to turn down. So I will start this in the UAE, and hopefully work my way round the globe in search for those continental thropies.

My only hope is that I will be able to do this before FM12 gets out:)

Well. I have decided to give this mammooth task a try.

I have loaded up leagues from UAE, Vanuatu, New Zealand, Nigeria, Egypt, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, USA, England and Spain.

Started with automatic reputation and got offers from a lot of Vanuatu based clubs, plus one in Nigeria and Dubai of the UAE.

So the mouthwatering aspect of spending some quality time in Dubai, polishing my managerial skills, was to tempting to turn down. So I will start this in the UAE, and hopefully work my way round the globe in search for those continental thropies.

My only hope is that I will be able to do this before FM12 gets out:)

Good luck dude, some good leagues picked there.

My first ever challenge. I thought I would have a crack at this before launching into a long term save.

Leagues loaded:

South Africa

South Korea

Mexico

USA

England

Germany

Australia

Argentina

Brazil

My intention is to win the necessary titles around the world before heading to Europe and collecting the Champions League trophy.

First stop on my world tour is:

South Africa - F.C.A.K. - National First Division Inland Stream

I have never managed a team in South Africa, so this will be a test. The team isn't very good, but I'm bringing lots of players in for trials and checking them out. Should have an okay team come the start of the season.

Good luck dude, this should be a long term challenge and is good fun.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/257699-Career-of-an-FM-nerd-of-epic-proportions-Sponsored-by-Wikipedia

I have just taken over as manager of Bury and the Mail national team. Should raise my reputation enough to hopefully get a decent job eventually. Making much slower progress than last season in 2018 and only have the OFC Champions League title I think I had two or three by this time on FM10. Loving it so far though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, after completing a few smaller challenges I've decided to have a crack at this and have a proper FM career!

I've loaded a large database with the top 3 leauges of each continent, each with 2 playable divisions (where applicable), being:

England

Spain

Italy

Brazil

Argentina

Uraguay

South Korea

India

Australia

Mexico

USA

Costa Rica

South Africa

Egypt

Tunisia

New Zealand

PNG

Solomon Islands

Let's hope my laptop doesn't explode with all these leagues!

I applied for around 80 jobs on day 1, and received quite a few offers from the Costa Rican, PNG and Solomon Islands leages... after some thinking have decided to take charge of As Puma Generalena from the Costa Rican 2nd division, as they were the only profesional club to offer me a job - wish me luck!

Good luck dude, great to see someone else taking up the challenge. Nice selection of leagues you have loaded, I love this challenge mainly because of the length and it gives me a chance to play quite a few different leagues I wouldn't normally play.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/257699-Career-of-an-FM-nerd-of-epic-proportions-Sponsored-by-Wikipedia

Another update done in my long long journey. Only got Two continental trophies at the moment by this season on FM10 I had 4 I think, going to take a while and losing in the European Champions League final with Man United was not a good feeling at all lol.

• 3 weeks later...

For different reasons, I have recently restarted my FM experience. This time I took the standard Auckland City. Strong team to being with and followed Acid's advice by signing a few Fancy Dan South Americans. But I guess I'm nothing like the manager he is, because my team SUCKS! We're getting beaten off the park every team, and have no sense of discipline. Clearly I'm not cut out for this crap.

Maybe I'll try once more after downloading the patch sometime in the future. Since there's a rep problem I guess it won't matter if I do well anyway.

For different reasons, I have recently restarted my FM experience. This time I took the standard Auckland City. Strong team to being with and followed Acid's advice by signing a few Fancy Dan South Americans. But I guess I'm nothing like the manager he is, because my team SUCKS! We're getting beaten off the park every team, and have no sense of discipline. Clearly I'm not cut out for this crap.

Maybe I'll try once more after downloading the patch sometime in the future. Since there's a rep problem I guess it won't matter if I do well anyway.

There is no reputation problem with 11.3 so it is worth downloading that patch. Auckland City should be easy do you download tactics? Just sign Totori and any striker with high pace and winning should come pretty soon. Hope to see you giving it another go.

I lost the final of the Euro Champions League and left for Al-Hilal in Saudi Arabia and easily won the Asian Champions League so that's three down and three to go. Now at Puebla in Mexico who are already in the quarter finals of the NACL so hoping to get another title done then Africa before a return to Europe.

• 2 months later...

Just realised I haven't updated in here for ages... :o

My game is now in 2025 and I've completed half of the challenge having won the African and Asian Champions League crowns (with Club Africain and Suwon respectively) as well as the Copa Libertadores (twice) during a 5 year spell with Flamengo.

I've now taken a new job with Spartak Moscow with the task of restoring former glories as they have been a mid-table side in Russia for the past few seasons.

In the meantime, I've picked up some experience on the international scene as well and I'm currently preparing Argentina for a crack at the 2030 World Cup.

More in-depth updates can be found in my thread in the careers forum. :)

Archived