FM11 - Continental Dominance Challenge

Just realised I haven't updated in here for ages... :o

My game is now in 2025 and I've completed half of the challenge having won the African and Asian Champions League crowns (with Club Africain and Suwon respectively) as well as the Copa Libertadores (twice) during a 5 year spell with Flamengo.

I've now taken a new job with Spartak Moscow with the task of restoring former glories as they have been a mid-table side in Russia for the past few seasons.

In the meantime, I've picked up some experience on the international scene as well and I'm currently preparing Argentina for a crack at the 2030 World Cup.

More in-depth updates can be found in my thread in the careers forum. :)

Going pretty well for you DodgeeD. I didn't play my save for ages and although I tried a few times I just couldn't really get into the save again having left it for so long.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm integrating this challenge into my save which I have made a thread about in the careers forum.

Started unemployed, got the Auckland City job in New Zealand and have just finished my second season in which I won the O-League(OFC Champions League) by beating the defending champions Ba from Fiji 6-1 over two legs. If anyone wants to read more about it they can here!

My plan is to stick with Auckland and try to do the league and O-League double before I move on and try to complete the next stage in the challenge. At this moment in time I'm not sure what continent I will move to next. I will keep updating in this thread :D

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to my save and so far I have won.

OFC Champions League with Auckland City

Asian Champions League with Al Hilal

Copa Libertadores with Racing in Argentina

North American Champions League with Puebla

I also lost in the European Champions League final with Man United the season before I left for Al-Hilal.

• 2 months later...

if AcidBurn doesn't start a thread for it i may, as i'm basically going to be playing the challenge with slight modifications as my main save:

1) must start as sunday footballer, 2) must use attribute masking, 3) winning the A-league will suffice for Oceania if you don't want to add leagues (i'm not going to add leagues), 4) must do the continents in the order 1-Asia, 2-Oceania, 3-Africa, 4-North America, 5-South America, 6-Europe. in other words, approximately in order of quality (i'd say Asian football on average is better than Oceania but for those who don't want to add leagues, you'll not get hired with no rep in the A-League).

i'm not starting that save right away though, i always play a season or two as a big team when i first get the game...

also if i end up starting a thread (which will only happen if no one else can be bothered to kick it off) it's not like it'd break my heart if people play it by other rules than mine.

My problem was creating a New Zealand file to win the Oceanic Champions League. I thought I made one that worked but it kept crashing so I deleted my thread but I can resurrect it if there is some interest without New Zealand.

• 2 weeks later...
if AcidBurn doesn't start a thread for it i may, as i'm basically going to be playing the challenge with slight modifications as my main save:

1) must start as sunday footballer, 2) must use attribute masking, 3) winning the A-league will suffice for Oceania if you don't want to add leagues (i'm not going to add leagues), 4) must do the continents in the order 1-Asia, 2-Oceania, 3-Africa, 4-North America, 5-South America, 6-Europe. in other words, approximately in order of quality (i'd say Asian football on average is better than Oceania but for those who don't want to add leagues, you'll not get hired with no rep in the A-League).

i'm not starting that save right away though, i always play a season or two as a big team when i first get the game...

also if i end up starting a thread (which will only happen if no one else can be bothered to kick it off) it's not like it'd break my heart if people play it by other rules than mine.

I was going to do it in order to, but adding leagues to my save from Oceania so we'd end up pretty much doing the same stuff.

Archived