[FM11] Career of an FM nerd of epic proportions - Sponsored by Wikipedia

AcidBurn

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game - Football Manager 2011 patch 11.3

Database - 11.3 Large Database with all players from Brazil and Argentina

Leagues Loaded - England to BSP, Spain top two, Brazil top two, Argentina top two, Mexico top league, MLS, Australia A-League, Saudi Arabia top league, Egypt top league and New Zealand.

Despite having a nice new fast PC I decided that I want speed over more leagues. I have enough to achieve my goal and hopefully continue my career in England once I have won on every continent if I can. I have been unlucky in the past first off my computer went bang and I lost my first save and then the reputation bug got to me I managed to move from New Zealand after some pre-game editing and then from England to Australia but after that I couldn't get a job anywhere at all due to the A-League reputation falling so low.

I also realise that making a wiki page is probably a bit sad but I am an FM nerd of the highest calibre and I think its pretty cool and a bit different to the coding which I do not like writing up.

2010-2011 Pre-Season

transferfirst.png

The team needs some energy and skill injected into it. First off was the front line I signed Benjamin Totori who is extremely fast along with Antonio Pierguidi who is a great all round striker with good off the ball movement and most key stats being around 12, finally Sylvester Williams was signed as a back up for both of them and brings some decent physical stats and a half decent finishing ability. Ferruge, Diego and Brusco are all decent defenders for this level with Diego being able to play as a DM and CM. Diego can play a number of positions especially good at RB and CM lastly is Carrizo who is a skilful AML who ability should provide plenty of goals and assists.

The aim is to simply qualify for the OFC Champions League and win it the following season.

I don't think it's sad, I think it's brilliant :thup:

Good luck with Auckland !!

I'm more sadder than you, I spent 28 hours on my save. I keep stats of everything. :p

And wiki niceeeeee. Something new and different. Good luck. :)

Cheers for the comments people, makes me feel less sad now lol.

@Rancer 28 hours or 28 days? :p

Good luck! Can we go and deface your wiki page PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :p

If you can find it, I saved the code and took a screenshot of the preview in case people did decide to erase it all and write that Acid Burne spent his last years playing in Thailand because he loves lady boys lol.

the page appears to be gone already (well i cant find it in a search :) )

good opening post and always look to read your threads dude

Cheers dude. The page was done as a test wiki page which you don't have to save just click preview and then capture the image. Saves me from having to delete and edit it if people decide to mess with it.

Rancer don't worry I'm at 18 now.. and catching you rapidly I fear.. A 7 hour session yesterday probably didn't help :p

WE WANT THIS WIKI PAGE, GIVEZ US TEH PAGEZZ

/sarcasm

Good luck though :)

2010-2011 Season - League Winners

leaguetable1st.png

A great performance in the league winning it with ease, this put us through to the play-off's and we beat YoungHeart 3-1 and then Team Wellington in the final 3-1. This means we will be in the OFC Champions League next season and hopefully win the first continents title. For some reason the best 11 is not working and it greyed out when trying to check who was in it last season so here's a list of the best players.

Pierguidi score 15 goals in 14 matches and finished with a 7.82 average.

Fans player of the year Totori played 16 games scoring 12 and assisting 10 finishing with an average of 7.64.

Carrizo from the left wing only scored 2 in 13 but assisted 12 and finished with an average of 7.69.

Exposito scored 7 in 16 and assisted 2 finishing with an average of 7.34.

Very happy with the side but will look to strengthen the midfield a bit and buy at least one CB if I can find one for free that is decent enough to buy.

Bruce Campbell! As in Ash from The Evil Dead, right?

Great layout either way man ;)

Sure is I always use his name as my manager name at some point.

Interesting idea with the Wiki page.

I don't think your name is long enough though.

I did think of adding one more name but decided against it.

Thanks for all the comments people makes me feel slightly less sad, that or we are all huge FM nerds lol.

I have updated the opening image to show a quick round up of the first season on the Wiki page.

Congrats on winning the title. It will be interesting to see how your squad fairs in the OFC Champion's league.

Oh, and I think best 11 is greyed out until you get the news item about it right before the start of the new season.

Congrats on winning the title. It will be interesting to see how your squad fairs in the OFC Champion's league.

Oh, and I think best 11 is greyed out until you get the news item about it right before the start of the new season.

The best 11 didn't work for the first season at all I will be posting an update of the second season tomorrow and the best 11 is there for 2011-12 but not 2010-11. OFC Champions League is easy I would be extremely annoyed not to win it.

Well done :)

Cheers dude.

Good league win, I see Otago in 6th place :cool: Good luck in the O-League next year, not that you'll need it with the main competition being from Fiji & Papua New Guinea :p

lol, The only real problem would be if you slipped up against the other New Zealand team in your group but that is unlikely over two matches.

Wiki page updated to reflect season 2

2011 - 2012 Season

2ndtable.png

The domestic season went sell although we trailed behind Team Wellington for most of the season but then we faced them at their own place and beat them 2-0 in the 9th game to claim top place. The shocked happened in the play-off's we beat Hawkes Bay but left it late it was 1-1 until the 79th minute and we went on to win 4-1. I thought we had it in the bag with a match against Waitako but despite dominating the game we somehow lost 2-1 with 2 clear cut chances to 8, a real off day for our strikers. The thing is the play-off's don't really matter as we still go into the OFC Champions League as holders and I am pretty sure the top two from the league go through anyway.

2ndofc.png

OFC Champions League was easy the group stage was a breeze as it should be scoring loads of goals and only dropping points away to the other New Zealand based team. We faced Ba of Fiji in the final and beat them 5-0 over two legs with a 3-0 and a 2-0 victory. This means the World Club Championships next year to look forward to and hopefully a match against Barcelona or some other big side plus the cash from this is huge for a club of this size.

2ndbest11.png

The best 11 really shows our game plan especially Pierguidi with 27 goals in 24 games he really is unplayable at times. The only thing that bothers me is if I go to England I cannot take him with me with him being Argentinian. Totori was a good partner for him with nearly a goal a game and Tripodi although naturally a striker was on fire all season from AML scoring 8 goals and just playing brilliantly throughout the year.

I am going to keep an eye out for another job over the next season or two but I want to play in the World Club Cup first. I am thinking a move to Australia or England League Two is on the cards next

Wiki Updated

13 Games and Out

wcc.png

Highlight of the short season was the three games in the Club World Championships, I always enjoy this competition and we put up a fight before Iranian team knocked us out and they went on to face Barcelona. We are officially the 6th best team in the World not bad lol.

The league was a case of 6 wins and a single draw with 31 goals scored and a disappointing 17 conceded. The OFC Champions League was 2 wins and a draw against a team that were 50-1 to beat us, although we opened it with a 6-2 thrashing of rivals Team Wellington.

draft_lens4150902module84922221photo_1266238491York_City_FC.jpg

A New Challenge

After quitting Auckland City it only took a couple of weeks to get another job no teams other than low league English clubs would look at me so I accepted a job as manager of York City. It has been a few FM's now since I managed at such a low level.

bluesquarebetpremierinfk.png

Should be a bit of a challenge with the transfer window open and £20 a week spare on the wage budget and a £0 transfer budget now the spending starts lol. Is the screen shot big enough to see?

I am also considering switching to an update every 2 months of game time roughly rather than once a season otherwise it might take me a week or more between each update.

AcidBurn, can you send me your New Zealand link as mine has made me need to start again :(

Did you get a crash dump error? I get all mine from here post number 400.

Can you cancel the loans?

Yeah but I wasn't sure if I cancelled them I would be allowed to replace them with long term loans again.

No, no crash dumps, it couldn't register me for the O-League as they never finished the 2011 O-League

That is very strange. I have had no problems with the ones in the link I posted so hopefully they will work. I had loads of crash dumps when FM first came out.

Impressive win ratio record with Auckland, hope you can replicate this with York.

Cheers, although there is not a chance in hell of replicating it just lost 6 of my last 8 with York, my lower league skills suck big time.

Archived