(FM11 Newgens) Long-term games experiences

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
I do like the look of the other newgens that Freeman has posted.

Hopefully they'll be an awful lot less central defenders with a Jumping of 5 as those were the only ones I could find in FM10.

The use of newgen templates in combination with the revamped AI handling of training results in more well-rounded newgen players in the long run. There can theoretically still be rare central defenders with a low jumping attribute if they are physically short, but there won't be that many of those since the newgen heights are linked to the player positions when created and in our soak analysis we track average heights for each position separately.

Hi guys finnaly holidayed to 2015. After looking at national squads apart from a few known names in places mine are almost entirely new! The older players from the start of the game have been deemed to old and the national teams squad average between 26-28. An example albeit a weird one is Ross Turnbull i9s now England number 1 and has 13 caps!!! :eek:

I've just had a look at regens and on mine they seem to be working fine. Infact some are pretty amazing and in their first teams at age 18! If this was my game I would be snapping them up. Dont know if mines a fluke but each player does seem to be weighted for their position. I'm really happy if every game they are going to be like this!

Not sure about anyone elses game or if they had a one off but mine looks great :D. Just saying that I have just seen a couple of young strikers that have amazing stats for an AMC but have 9 and 8 finishing, although I've had a good look and the rest do seem to be ok.

Hope everyone elses game is looking good :)

I got the game yesterfay morning and as I couldn't play it until this afternoon I decided to leave it on holiday game, inspired by this thread. The game has run for 26 seasons with a large database and I have to say that there is no problem what so ever. The quality of the regens are superb and far better than FM2010 on the whole, noticing a huge improvement in the defenders attributes. Man City who are the best team on the game, do have a very old squad though with the average age being 30, but this seems to be an exception as the the other teams have a more reasonable balance of youth and experience. Here are a few screenshots of the best players on the game in 2036 just for tasters, as well as the Prem and CL winners:

aurliobarbosaprofileatt.png

chicoprofileattributes.png

hatimelmriniprofileattr.png

jessprofileattributes.png

Someone should post figures (e.g. CA > 160 in 2010, CA>160 in 2025, technique > 16,...)

Screenshots can prove anything

To be honest I didn't post the screenshots to 'prove anything'. They were there as I know people like looking at them. I'm not one to start delving into the database for CA etc (someone else can do that), but I can assure you on the face of it 25 years into the game the regen situation looks the best it ever has. I was merely sharing my findings, with a few screenshots just for interest not to back anything up.

9 finishing is still decent. It's only one point below average. Still, you'd imagine that strikers who finished like that but were otherwise very good would be converted to another position.
Exactly. If you can't finish in front of goal, you are better as midfielder for example. Fortunately we can retrain the players, so it's no biggie, just odd imo.

I have a question for the SI guys, then. Are the AI managers equipped to retrain players into more suitable positions in the same way as a human manager can? As if they are not intelligent, that will decrease the difficulty of long term saves, an issue I know has been a problem for a while.

If not, and I know it may be complicated, is there any chance of this happening in the near future? ie: FM2012/13?

Ta.

• SI Staff

Currently the AI managers can retrain players to play new positions if they are being used on those positions in matches. As always, we are looking into improving this area in the future, as we have some suggestions on our lists for AI managers to retrain players to new positions in certain cases based on their attribute layout aside from what position they are being played currently (then again, the attributes also somewhat affect what position the AI sees most suitable for the player to play in, so technically they do have some effect on the position training already).

Edit: Thread title revised now as well for a more neutral approach :)

Should we at least change the thread title a bit so we can discuss the newgens overall in this thread without the presumption that everything is broken and all is lost ? :)

Fell free to do so, although I still insist that newgens/long-term game were broken in this save game. :)

• SI Staff
Fell free to do so, although I still insist that newgens/long-term game were broken in this save game. :)

I've done so, but I'd still argue that 9 years a bit of a short "long term" game to suggest newgens/long-term game were broken, even in that save ;)

Typically the minimum soak length we use to analyse the newgens in the long term is 20 years, as this allows us to compare a mostly real player based DB from the start to a mostly newgen based DB down the line. Naturally we do check the composition of the game DB on shorter intervals as well, but from a purely newgen point-of-view, the aim is to have the database balance after 20+ years in the game match quite closely to that of the starting database.

Just a quick question seeing the poor state of newgens in previous versions: what was wrong with the newgens in the latest patched FM 2007? I still play that version and newgens are a tad too good but very enjoyable to play with. After 5 seasons a lot of newgens are in the NT, top sides,...

Not as bad as they were in FM 2010 at their mental stats.Some of them are quite good, but they lack tactical variation.From what i see 95% of the have either 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 as the preffered formation.So in a long term game you will find a definitive lack of tactical variation from the AI.

SI says the will be fixed for 11.2

Damn.Too slow at typing. :)

I've done so, but I'd still argue that 9 years a bit of a short "long term" game to suggest newgens/long-term game were broken, even in that save ;)

Typically the minimum soak length we use to analyse the newgens in the long term is 20 years, as this allows us to compare a mostly real player based DB from the start to a mostly newgen based DB down the line. Naturally we do check the composition of the game DB on shorter intervals as well, but from a purely newgen point-of-view, the aim is to have the database balance after 20+ years in the game match quite closely to that of the starting database.

Good point. Perhaps it's the transition period between original players and newgens that seem to make the AI favouring original players a bit too much, or at least did in this save game.

Just a quick question seeing the poor state of newgens in previous versions: what was wrong with the newgens in the latest patched FM 2007? I still play that version and newgens are a tad too good but very enjoyable to play with. After 5 seasons a lot of newgens are in the NT, top sides,...

There are a lot of things wrong with the 07 regens. Mental stats are often too low. Wingers have sub 10 off the ball far too often. Try and find a big strong target man playing in the lower divisions. There are others but i cant remember them. The problems with regens are more apparent if you are on a budget twenty seasons latter. If you have the money you can get the best newgens in the game whose CA is so high the deficiencies aren't crippling, at lower levels you often have to choose a player who has a very low value in a attribute important to their position.

in pervious version's i also used MRTE as other suggested to boost youg players.. Looking at the evidence i see both sides of the coin but can't comment because iv not even bought the game yet..

In Robiot's screen shots i'm suprised Man City hasn't dominated in Europe alot more, and look at little Porto playing in Portugal league which is in comparison with Sots prem, 3 good team's and aload og handbag's lol.. they have been good in Champion's league which suggest's they must of had a good manager, or regne's or somthing..?

Archived