[FM11] FC United of Manchester Thread - The Red Rebels!

TacticalGenius

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm halfway throug the first season, sitting first in the table with 10 points above the second team and 4 more matches to go :D

I also managed to get to the fourth round of the FA cup, spectacularly defeating Shrewsbury in the third round and finally succumbing to Bolton 0:6. I must say I was quite lucky in the draws and this is the only reason I got so far.

One game left of my first season, it's going to be very tight!!

j62xjt.png

Last game away to Solihull Moors, while Eastwood's final game is home to (soon to be relegated) Northwich. It's a must win game, and by a considerable margin as well I reckon if I want to clinch 5th.

Right then about time I started my FM2011 FC United game, great result yesterday for them, I think they will win replay and Pompey in 3rd round great draw for them.

Anyway just holidaying now till the 24th June. See how many loads it takes me to get them in Blue Square North lol. Any players I should look to sign? Hopefully get promoted frst season again and up the leagues we go.

Also can someone upload the badge again it just says requesting download from opening page. Thank you

Is that in the .rar form or do you have to change it?

Started with FCUM, as they are one of the teams I follow.

First 3 games all won. 4th game versus Hinckley losing 3-0 at half time.

Brought in some fairly good players including James Poole from Man City, Luke Boden from Sheff Weds and Callum Byrne from Rochdale.

I hope some of you guys posting will make the FA Cup Replay v Brighton, it's going to be brilliant.

On to FM... Just finishing my third season, fighting for promotion from the BSP. I've found it a little easy after signing a quality scout as he is always finding top quality free players. I presume when I'm in the league it'll be a lot tougher, as I can't grab these guys for free! Will post final table at end of the season.

Well I'm basically half way through the first season (20 games) and sitting top of the table with 40 points (13W 1D 6L), 5 points in front of second. But there really has not been a standout team from the others, Cambridge were looking good and then suddenly started losing games left and right. I even beat them away while playing with 10 men for 80 minutes. Thankfully I was able to get out of a slight slump a couple weeks ago when I lost two games in a row against poor teams, I actually got out of that slump by beating free-falling top team Cambridge. Really enjoying the game so far (using the save game in the OP) and hopefully I'll be able to extend my lead at the top even further considering I have a couple "easy" games coming up!

Hey, sorry to be OT, but I've got nowhere else to share this:

I was managing FC United but abandoned it when I realised the earlier version of the RTC file would be a long-term save disaster. So I started again with the L10 file and took on L9 Bedlington Terriers (with most of the squad I'd assembled in the FCUM save). I played FC United in a pre-season friendly, drew 1-1 and ended best mates with Marginson.

Anyway, with the Terriers I was given some easy fixtures in the FA Cup qualifiers to get to the first round proper. There I met my first league team, Barnet, 5 levels above me. They had a player sent off first half, we drew 0-0. Back to our place, they had a player sent off after 20 minutes, 90 minutes ended 1-1. Went to penalties. Despite my best penalty taker on the field have a PT attribute of 5, we won the shoot out. Second round - Shrewsbury. A massive backs-to-the-wall, park the bus operation, we got through 80 minutes without score, then in the 81st minute they bagged one. From the re-start I went all 'overload' - we went up the park and equalised a minute later! I stayed on attack, hoping the momentum would carry us, and lo! and behold!, 89th minute - we grabbed the winner.

Level 9 Bedlington Terriers in the Third Round of the FA Cup. I watched the draw on automatic, the teams coming out of the bag/bowl one by one. Can you believe it? We've been drawn away to ...... Manchester United!

1st January 2011 - make a date in your diaries. We'll take a 0-20 hit for sure, but think of the money! Hopefully you'll see us on TV, mum. The windfall should fund a march up the divisions for 5 years until we get league status. Un-freakin'-believable! Thank you for listening!

Got promoted up to BSP in my first two years. Currently sitting 2nd in BSP after about ten games, even though the media prediction is 24th.

I must say, I've never seen such beautiful football, even though I have managed hundreds of different teams in FM. They aren't exactly a bunch of talented stars, but the way they perform as a TEAM is just unbelievable.

My squad at the moment:

GK - Mirko Ranieri

DR - Michael Abnett

DC - Ibrahim Shikanda (13 tackling, marking and heading!)

DC - Derrick Williams

DL - Andrea Zola

MR Greg Mills

MC - Anton Peterlin

MC - Peter Leven

ML - Rodrigo Lamardo

ST - Steve MacLean

ST - Regen

There are only two or three English nationals in my first team because I was looking for players with high pace / acceleration and out of contract or free. Especially my wingers usually destroy the defensive line of any opponent.

Absolute quality mate. Really pleased for you. :)

Aren't they the club with an American tycoon backing them?

Yes they are; Robert Rich is his name. In real life all he's done so far is buy them a scoreboard; in the game (at least in the db I'm using, he's a sugar daddy underwriter - i.e. if (when) I overspend he'll cover the debts - of course after a day out at Old Trafford I won't need his money!

4 Games left in League Two, I'm 8th but tied on points + goal difference with 7th place Rotherham.. This is going to be tight. Shame it took me about 25 games to find a tactic that actually worked well for me, and managed to loan a few decent youngsters which helped.

Lesson learnt: to succeed in low league you NEED a prolific striker.

Tyler, why is FCUM's record for 2010/11 missing. If you holidayed to 2011, shouldn't the screen record the promotion?

I Holidayed, so I have no idea, do other people have a record of the 10/11 season? I found it a little odd, an ugly gap imo :p

Hey, sorry to be OT, but I've got nowhere else to share this:

I was managing FC United but abandoned it when I realised the earlier version of the RTC file would be a long-term save disaster. So I started again with the L10 file and took on L9 Bedlington Terriers (with most of the squad I'd assembled in the FCUM save). I played FC United in a pre-season friendly, drew 1-1 and ended best mates with Marginson.

Anyway, with the Terriers I was given some easy fixtures in the FA Cup qualifiers to get to the first round proper. There I met my first league team, Barnet, 5 levels above me. They had a player sent off first half, we drew 0-0. Back to our place, they had a player sent off after 20 minutes, 90 minutes ended 1-1. Went to penalties. Despite my best penalty taker on the field have a PT attribute of 5, we won the shoot out. Second round - Shrewsbury. A massive backs-to-the-wall, park the bus operation, we got through 80 minutes without score, then in the 81st minute they bagged one. From the re-start I went all 'overload' - we went up the park and equalised a minute later! I stayed on attack, hoping the momentum would carry us, and lo! and behold!, 89th minute - we grabbed the winner.

Level 9 Bedlington Terriers in the Third Round of the FA Cup. I watched the draw on automatic, the teams coming out of the bag/bowl one by one. Can you believe it? We've been drawn away to ...... Manchester United!

1st January 2011 - make a date in your diaries. We'll take a 0-20 hit for sure, but think of the money! Hopefully you'll see us on TV, mum. The windfall should fund a march up the divisions for 5 years until we get league status. Un-freakin'-believable! Thank you for listening!

A final short OT update on this:

I played the match at Old Trafford last night. Short story short: Manchester United 1, Bedlington Terriers 0. Fantastic result (except that my flippin' supporters are "concerned"!)

Short story slightly longer - Fergie sent out his kids; only Anderson, and Fletcher were senior players. I had eight players on defensive duty, set the D-line on the goal line and absolutely parked the bus. Oberton scored after about 15 minutes, but we kept our shape, and even though we never got out of our half, we kept the score sweet in front of a full house of 75,000+. I changed things and sent on subs and changed roles to try to go for a goal in the last 15 mins, but it was clear that had we played for 90 hours I would never have got near their penalty area.

I thought I'd won all ends up when I saw the gate receipts of 1.3 million quid, but then 2 days later they poached my star 15-year old full-back, who WILL be worth millions in years to come, leaving me with a derisory 5K compensation. Damn!

I thank you.

Crap, I messed up my game by using that custom database with lower leagues. I've noticed Man U are in one of the minor northern cups. Also, all minor English cups have a massive reputation (massive as in only the Prem is higher rated).

To add to misery, I cannot get any decent players on loan (even though they show as 'interested') and my board constantly fails to find a feeder / parent club. Only after the first three years I managed to get Wigan (league one) as parent and one feeder. In FM10 I'd have at least 6 feeders and a major Prem parent. This is having a serious impact on the number of players I see in my searches, because my scouting knowledge is limited to the UK and western Europe.

Oh well, that kinda had spoiled this save for me. Guess I'll keep going till Christmas, when the new patch is released, and then start a new save with someone like Hellas Verona, or one of the teams from BSP / L2.

Anyway, so far I'm in League 2, can scout the whole world and have a reasonable team that should end up just below the playoff zone. After 4 games I'm sitting in the 17th place in L2, but the ones I lost were really close:

Torquay 1-2

Crewe 1-2

Oxford 1-1

Brentford 2-1

I keep making a small profit, which is a wee bit disappointing - my wages went from 3k to only 10k per week and I jumped three leagues in the meantime - I was hoping to make at least around 50k per month. I noticed my income from club membership does not increase with my rep. Each year I get 12k only - has anyone seen any increase over the years?

That's why I abandoned my FCUM save. You don't need to wait for the patch - a much better version of the RTC db is due out in a day or two (and I'm using the current one and it's fine, although still with reputations a bit out; that will be sorted in the new one).

I'm planning to start in a slightly higher league next time and to be honest I'd rather stick with the default FM leagues. I appreciate all the effort put into the RTC database, but due to the sheer size of it there are bound to be some issues in the next one. With the default db I just have the confidence nothing will go wrong after a few seasons into the game.

hello every1, I set up my own update adding them to BSN aswell as adding the teams new stadium to be built also, i am still in 1st season and have only played 6 games winning 5, i have spent all day so far on this scouting for players round lower leagues and havea few gems,

Jamie Harwood from my home town Shildon is the star, I worked with him so searched and his stats are ok but he plays amazing getting me 3 assists from the wing so far

hello every1, I set up my own update adding them to BSN aswell as adding the teams new stadium to be built also, i am still in 1st season and have only played 6 games winning 5, i have spent all day so far on this scouting for players round lower leagues and havea few gems,

Jamie Harwood from my home town Shildon is the star, I worked with him so searched and his stats are ok but he plays amazing getting me 3 assists from the wing so far

Hi NUFC, welcome to the thread and the forums :)

Adding the stadium takes away the fun of trying to get a new stadium imo, but hey, it's your game!

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Archived