[FM11] FC United of Manchester Thread - The Red Rebels!

TacticalGenius

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, the staff 'exploit' seems to be - Sign retiring players to staff contracts, taking you over your limit. Then when the board reassigns your coaches limit (usually on promotion/a successful season), it should allow more coaches despite you originally being over the limit, rather than just making the ones you have part of the limit... Whether it is practical for big teams is negotiable, but for LLM it could be invaluable. If it works on other teams/saves, that is - bear in mind this could just have been a total one-off...

I wish my scouts would spend more time looking for players, and less time on Wikipedia finding out facts about the country they're scouting...

Anyone using tactics that are on this forum? Trying some of Knaps but conceded way too many, maybe try a 4-5-1 next season if I can make a decent one.

Nah. I've got a couple of my own which are doing the trick in the low level leagues.

Bah, humbug. 41 games, For: 73 - Against: 62 .. really not happy about that. My assistant says to use 'you can win' for every game, guess that could be the reason.. I'm mainly underdog in the games even though I'm 3rd, which seems strange

Here goes the FA Cup 1st round replay against Plymouth! I'm bricking it lol.

FECK! They scored after 3 minutes!! I'm doomed...

Yay! Equaliser on 12 minutes by Uchechi! Love that man!

OH YEAH! 26 minutes gone, and I've just gone in front. Keeping my players backs to the wall though. I still think I'll lose.

No way!!! Uchechi scored again!

It's all over! 3-1 win against Plymouth! That's so awesome!!

Promoted to League one with only one game left, was kinda expecting it be much harder as I didn't change my team much. Hopefully next season more of a challenge and probably try invest money instead of free players.

Last game: won 1-0 vs Oldham, and finished 1st. Crewe were second but didn't win any game in last 5.. Guess I got a bit lucky :)

Wow some of you are flying through the seasons! Nice to see some promotions as well. Currently half way through my first season and sitting 14th. I'm finding it hard to not through away leads at the moment. Not quite sure where it's going wrong, but something for me to look at!

Anyone else find the morale really irritatting? One bad result and everyones morale drops dramatically and then performs poorly for weeks on end.

I've got through a nasty January and February - awful weather, took it's toll on my squad. My two key forwards picked up long-term injuries; some kids having to play regular games now. However, my rivals are suffering too. Nuneaton, top after winning 10 on the spin went into free-fall, leaving me, with 7 clean sheets on the bounce (plenty 0-0 draws, one shot on target in 90 mins) to pull away at the top.

The 3rd Round FA Cup game went well. Okay we were 0-3 down at half time, unable to cope with the muscle (arse) of Kevin Davies and Bolton's set pieces, but we put up a fight in the second half and made a few chances, only for my front 3 to show their lack of composure against the big boys. Final result: 0-3, gate receipts 200,000 quid!

Dundee United have been sniffing around my 15 year old midfielder, so he must be hot. Fortunately he signed a pre-contract to stay with me.

I'm trying my interpretation of TG's coach exploit. I used player search filters to find unattached players in England in their 40s who are interested in coaching roles and want very low wages. I hired 4 for my reserves and am waiting for them to announce their retirement so that I can offer them coaching contracts. I have a hunch this won't work, but time will tell.

Anyone else find the morale really irritatting? One bad result and everyones morale drops dramatically and then performs poorly for weeks on end.

I found a trick to combat that. Given that I have to rotate due to poor condition, whenever I drop a player with low morale, I have a private chat and tell him I'm resting him for the next game. In most cases they are pleased and their morale goes up a couple of notches. Unfortunately my best surviving striker is stuck on very poor morale and doesn't respond - must have dodgy hidden attributes, but it works on most.

also, never give a negative post-match team talk, and handle your press conferences skillfully.

Here's the tactic I've created and using, if anyone wants to download it: http://bit.ly/hI4H77

Hmm, that's very similar to my 4-3-3. My central of 3 MCs is a MC (defend) or ball-winning (defend), and my left and right-side forwards are deep-lying forwards (support).

My roles and instructions are almost identical (although I have no crossers and my squad lacks strength). I also concede very few.

I guess it's not just me: I noticed that in the BSN nearly all sides, including myself, have slow lumbering DCs and faster strikers. therefore, I also have a deep D-line. My deep-lying forwards are usually quicker than the oppo defenders so I play through balls to them whereby they either run through on goal or cut the ball back to my target man. looking at your blog, it seems my tactic will be good for another 2 years.

Hi guys, I am into my second season with United and have got a bit of a problem. Went to check on the prem and noticed that Stoke were top of league and some teams had only played 3 games whilst they have played 12. Looked on fixtures for the clubs and they are playing Eastern Counties League cup and random games like that! I used RTC's English Leagues level 8 to be able to play as FC and wondered if this had happened to anyone else?

It's not a bug, It's just that you have not followed the rules in RTC's OP. You've obviously loaded the level 8 file, but not picked all 8 levels when loading up the game. Look back in RTC's thread to see what I mean.

Buggeration think I was a bit giddy to get playing and didn't read it properly! Do you think I will have to start again and lose everything?

I did the same thing.. But not going to restart all this, no way.. Don't really understand what I did 'wrong' and doesn't affect me so I'll continue :p

Surely if I'm playing as this team, then I have done what I was suppose to do right. If I hadn't loaded right leagues, I couldn't play as FC United..? Confusing

I did the same thing.. But not going to restart all this, no way.. Don't really understand what I did 'wrong' and doesn't affect me so I'll continue :p

Surely if I'm playing as this team, then I have done what I was suppose to do right. If I hadn't loaded right leagues, I couldn't play as FC United..? Confusing

What happens when you get to the prem though? Guessing you will have to play in all those random cup games.

ditto - I'm top of BSN at the moment and really loving my squad. Would be more annoying to start over than deal with a few silly games and Fabregas winning about 200 awards a season

Yea, indeed.. but I'll restart, was going through seasons too quick really. Anyone attended the England trial games? Hopefully pick up some decent players there

I attended the trials, but all the players I liked the look of didn't want to play for a team at BSN level.

ditto - I'm top of BSN at the moment and really loving my squad. Would be more annoying to start over than deal with a few silly games and Fabregas winning about 200 awards a season

You obviously have no idea... It breaks the game badly. It will be almost unplayable once you get to the Champions League, and opposition teams will constantly be cancelling games to the point that you'll have to play 4-5 games a week for months on end...

Jot down all your current players/take a screenshot. Then you can search them and hopefully sign them in your new game.

Started a new game, selected all english leagues as playable including Regional First Divisions. Guessing that is what you mean by 'select the leagues down to tier 8'. Went on holiday for a year checked Man United and its still messed up. Not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Oh my god! You mean that Fabregas winning dozens of awards is part of the db bug? I ignored it; the Premier table looks normal except for chelsea never being more than a few places above the relegation places.

Guess I'll have to start again too. Helllllllllllllllllll!!!

I loaded up the RTC db, Welsh to level 5 and Scottish Pyramid. They all have better builds and properly integrated now, so I guess I'll have to do it. tomorrow. Unless someone tells me there's no need! Please!

Because I might decide to go with Bedlington Terriers in level 9 instead.

And he will tell you that every single one has the potential to be better than the best player in that position. Every time!

I always trial players before signing if the option to trial them is available. Then I can judge for myself, rather than listening to a rubbish assistant manager.

Hi,

I stumbled upon this thread a couple of days ago and decided to give the United of Manchester a try.

So far I'm two months into the first season and sitting firmly in the first place. Out of 10 games I've had W:7 D:2 L:1.

I brought in a couple of new faces on a free that took me £500 over my wage budget, but it seems like it was worth it. What I really like in managing low league teams is the fact that you sign a free transferred player, and as soon as he joins your team he is instantly worth 20 - 30k.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've got Gran Turismo 5 xD

Sweet. Due to discovering my lower-league db was bugged, I downloaded the newest RTC build to level 10 and started again - with Bedlington Terriers. Prolly a decision I'll regret, but I'm going to have to duck out of this thread. Sorry.

Archived