[FM11] FC United of Manchester Thread - The Red Rebels!

TacticalGenius

January 2014:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/jan14.png

All our wins with two goals? Creepy. A fantastic month, tbh. New signing Ian Foster made his debut vs Stockport, and therefore broke Hallam Hope's near 2 year old record for youngest player, by nearly two years! Solid 'keeping saw him keep 3 clean-sheets and only concede 3 goals in his first 6 games, which is excellent for a 16 year old debutant GK. I have VERY high hopes for this kid.

Table:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/jan14t.png

Challenge accepted and complete. Gap opened considerably :)

Other news:

We made a new signing towards the end of the window, 21 y/o ML/AML Cameron Park from Middlesbrough reserves for £40,000 - which makes him our record signing, beating the previous record by a massive £35k!

Next month's aim is just to keep it up, to be honest!

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 2014:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/feb14.png

Started very well, but had a big dip in the middle of the month, losing away to Oxford and drawing with Morcambe at home. Lost Jake Nicholson for 2-3 weeks, which is a disappointment as he has performed the DLP role very well. I'll have to change to a BWM for that time, as Simon Walton isn't much of a playmaker.

Table:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/feb2014.png

Still top, still a healthy gap, still conceded the least goals (3 seasons in a row if this continues) I can't complain :)

Next month... Try not to lose :p

March 2014:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/mar14.png

Last month I set the aim of not losing. Well, we failed. Otherwise a very solid month, with the wins being more comfortable than the scoreline suggests, and the game we lost - to our promotion rivals - we should have won, to be honest.

Table:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/mar14t.png

Promotion guaranteed with SIX games to go. Even if we cruise to the end, we should win the league outright, too.

Next Month: More of the same!

AOB: Chris O'Grady signs on a free to replace the ageing Akinbiyi and Boyd. Kabba will be his backup.

End of 2013-14 season update:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/aprmay14.png

They say you should end on a high, and that is exactly what we did. Goals galore, but missed out on the L2 goals scored record by 3 goals. Oh well.

Table:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/end1314t.png

Record points in L2, conceded the least goals AGAIN and won the league at a canter. Life is good!

Hallam Hope topped the club goalscoring charts for the 3rd year in a row with 26 in 45 apps, also gaining the highest av.rating in the process with 7.30. Joe McKee topped the club's assists chart with 16 in 42(1) apps, and was 2nd in the av.rating list with 7.29. Ignasi Miquel was the defensive lynchpin once again, also joint 2nd in the av.ratings with 7.29. An honourable mention to Ian Foster, our 17 year old 'Keeper who managed 11 clean sheets in 22 games.

League One, here we come!!!

Looks like you are having a lot of success TG!

I started a new career game with 11.3 and ended up at York for a couple of seasons, but took over FC United when they came up to the BSN for the 2012-2013 season.

2012-2013 finished 14th in the BSN. squad was a bit bare and ended up having to play reserves/youth team players during fixture congestion. Nothing noteworthy at all.

2013-2014 finished 1st in the BSN. some recruitment during the summer gave us that much needed edge and we walked the league. also made it to the FA trophy final but lost on penalties.

2014-2015 currently 6 games in to my BSP seasons and my experience with York must be paying off, currently unbeaten with 5 wins and 1 draw.

Not sure how long that is gonna last though, my first team average age must only be about 20 as i have been picking up youth rejects from prem clubs. lots of potential though!

Not sure how long that is gonna last though, my first team average age must only be about 20 as i have been picking up youth rejects from prem clubs. lots of potential though!

My team is made of premiership rejects: -

GK: NonPrem Regen/Sean McDermott (Arsenal)

RB: Cristian Marquez (Fulham)

CB: Ignasi Miquel (Arsenal)

CB: Michele Fornasier (Man Utd)

LB: Tomos Roberts (Aston Villa)

RM: Jacopo Sala (Chelsea)

CM: NonPrem/Jake Nicholson (Tottenham)

CM: NonPrem/Chuks Aneke (Arsenal)

LM: Samuel Galindo (Arsenal)

ST: Hallam Hope (Everton)

ST: Febian Brandy (Technically ex-Man United)

Lagging far behind TG, I've just completed my first season and won the league at a canter.

As mentioned above, we went out of the FA cup embarrassingly to L10 opposition; we went down in the FA Trophy with more dignity at York, and I thought I had one trophy in the bag but we lost the Pritt Stick Challenge final in the last minute of extra time to the Mint Cakes. They'll be no excuses if we don't win the pre-season Peter Swailes gong against our friends Chester, however.

Scotty McManus finished the season as the fans' favourite. My 36 year old captain departed for AFC Telford. I asked him to stay on as player/coach and he popped up with phenomenal coaching attributes; he wanted the gig but the board blocked it, the idiots. I let my 3 most experienced players go to bring down the bloated wage bill only to have it boosted 150% for the next season - doh!

I've just responded to the pre-season news item about young players being released by their clubs but making a speculative punt on a Man Utd reject and he's actually joined us! Could be a star 18 year old midfielder - it's Larnell Cole, folks.

I beat 3 BSN teams in the Trophy before going down to BSP high-fliers York City, so I'm quietly confident that I can do well here, although I cautiously opted for a top-half finish.

Sorry for the lack of updates, this is 3 seasons after my last update, our second season in the Premier League, after winning the Championship at the first attempt and finishing 8th in our first PL season...

End of 2017-18 season review:

League:

1718table.png

From a poor start to a tremendous finish. I'm not quite sure what European competition we're actually in, the table says Europa, the mail says both... And we conceded the least goals in the league, thanks to a new 4-5-1 tactic which turned our season around completely.

Cups:

The Carling Cup was a write off, losing to Cheatski in the 4th round in extra time. The FA Cup was a different matter entirely. WE WON IT!!! And not only that, we broke several records on the way, with Ibanez scoring the most goals in one season (10) and getting the highest average rating (8.78 from 6 apps) while ex-Barcelona youth player Rafinha helped himself to the assist record, with 8 assists.

Players:

Carlos Ibanez won Player's Player of the year, came 2nd in the Top League Goalscorer chart with 27, and was in the Players' League First 11 select. Wonderkid GK Ian Foster also made it into the First 11 select.

I took Manager of the Year at last! (after missing out last year...)

January Transfers:

Massimo Cioffi came in from St Gallen for £1m, and has played AML since Samuel Galindo decided to price himself out of a new contract.

Matiás Herrera joined from Newells for £10.75m to replace Anton Ferdinand.

Luke McManaman joined from Wolves for £3.6m as a future talent.

Next Season:

Incoming -

Marcelo Basile - joining from Velez for £12.25m to replace the ageing Phillippe Mexés.

Gilmar - joining from Flamenco for £3.4m after we bought out his Minimum Release Fee.

We aim to make a good showing in Europe, and hopefully finish in the top 6 in the league again. We also get the keys next month to the 18796 capacity Marginson Stadium, complete with undersoil heating!

Pre-season 2018-19 + August 2018:

Transfers:

tranaug18.png

Two Argies and a Brazilian, going straight into the first team. Wickham is a backup. Galindo priced himself out of a new contract, Alcácer, Brandy and Zé Eduardo were surplus to requirements.

Marcelo Basile - joined from Velez to replace Mexés.

Gilmar - joins from Flamenco after we bought out his Minimum Release Fee.

Ariel Heinze - Fantastic looking MC joins for a club record fee from Boca.

Games:

aug18.png

Beat a few bigger sides in our friendlies. Arsenal twice, won 1-0 twice. Battered Rubin in the UCL qualifiers! Wigan weren't exactly difficult opposition either.

Table:

aug18t.png

Good start! Just need to keep it up...

UCL:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/uclgp18.png

Seeded 4th, so I'm only hoping for third to enter the Europa League. Anything more is a bonus.

Next month: Keep up our great start.

End of 2018-19 season review:

League:

table1819.png

Champions!!! Scored the most, conceded the least. Worthy champions! ;)

Cups:

Carling Cup: Knocked out by Hull (1-0) in the 3rd Round.

FA Cup: Made it to the Sixth Round were we were knocked out by Wolves (4-2).

Champions League: What a great first attempt! Made it to the SF where we lost 2-1 on aggregate to Napoli after some frankly shocking defending...

Players:

Carlos Ibanez: Second-top League Goalscorer, club record goals and MoM's. Second in Footballer of the Year. Nominated for World Golden Ball. Also UCL Best Player and UCL Golden Boot. What a season!

Massimo Cioffi: Second-top club goalscorer, second top assists, Players' Player of the Year. Wonderkid. Not bad for £1m!!!

Ravel Morrison: Top League assists, record club assists. Third in Footballer of the Year. Fantastic little player.

Marcelo Basile: Players' Young Player of the Year. Rock solid CB. Rejected a £28m bid for him. Says it all.

I won Manager of the Year. Again.

Next Season: Same again, if not better, will do!

I wouldnt mind starting playing FM again and would be brilliant to play as FCUM. Only problem is that i'm still on FM2010 (dont play it that must to justify buying the new one....yet!) so will all the files in the OP work with my game or are there some other files floating about somewhere?

Hey Rooney, I'm at the same point as you. I struggled in the first 3 BSN games but am putting a run together to make the play-off spots at the moment. Struggled in the first 2 rounds of FA Cup qualifiers but got through on a replay against Fylde. Worcester, Nuneaton and AFC Halifax (who came up with me) are the teams to catch. I can't put too many hours in, but let's see if we both achieve success in this division!

I wouldnt mind starting playing FM again and would be brilliant to play as FCUM. Only problem is that i'm still on FM2010 (dont play it that must to justify buying the new one....yet!) so will all the files in the OP work with my game or are there some other files floating about somewhere?

The kits, badges and retain players file will work on FM10.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Good to see everyone is doing well with FC United. I haven't touched FM11 for over four months, but am going to get back into it today. Not sure I will remember what's going on in my save... Actually, I'm certain I won't remember what's going on in my save lol. All I know is that I'm 25 games into my first season in the BSN, and my team is top of the table. So here I go again! Wish me luck, because I'll probably need it lol.

That's my first season in the BSN over, and I won the league! My top scorers were Danny Uchechi who scored 16 league goals in 36 games and 26 goals in total, and Benedict Akwuegbu who scored 20 league goals in 35 games and strangely enough also scored 26 goals in total.

In the FA Cup I surprised myself by getting to the 4th round. On our way there we beat Plymouth, Wrexham, and Crewe. Barnsley eventually knocked my team out, beating us 6-0.

In the FA Trophy we got to the 3rd round, where Mansfield beat us 2-0 in a replay.

I got BSN manager of the season to top off the great season I had.

I went transfer crazy in my first season, signing a total of 20 players, and letting 18 go. Of my 20 signings, every single one was a free transfer. My best signings were as follows:-

Danny Uchechi (Ex Charlton Striker who scored loads in my first season)

Benedict Akwuegbu (A journeyman striker who also scored loads)

Trent McClenahan (Ex West Ham, MK Dons, and Hamilton right back who worked hard at the back all season)

Michael Hector (Young ex Reading central defender that I could always rely on at the back)

Ellis Deeney (Ex Aston Villa left back who was equally as hard working as McClenahan)

Jordy Brouwer (Ex Ajax and Liverpool striker who I signed right near the end of the season to replace an aging Akwuegbu in the BSP. Played the last two games of the season for me, scoring 1 goal in his first match and a hat-trick in his second! Can't wait to see what he does in the BNP)

Dean Morgan (A striker who's played in many teams ranging from Championship to League Two level. Bought as a backup for Uchechi and Brouwer next season, and in the last game of the season he played solidly)

Jan Sebek (Ex Chelsea keeper who I signed after the season ended, but before the new season started. Looks like a brilliant prospect)

Bring on the BSP! I have a good feeling about next season, and would love to win the FA Trophy and BSP.

Pre-Season 2012

Friendlies

My teams performance in their seven friendlies ranged from great to mediocre. A 2-2 draw against Hull started things off, and I was really happy with that result. I was surprised to see that Hull had snapped up David Beckham and Shaun Wright Phillips on free transfers even though the team is currently in the Championship. Even with those two playing against us, we still played very well. Next match saw us win 2-1 against Lincoln. Third match was against League One Southend, who beat us 1-0 in a close game. The two games following the defeat were against West Ham Reserves and Sunderland Reserves. We won those games 1-0 and 3-2 respectively. Sixth game was a really disappointing one, with us losing 4-3 against BSS Farnborough. Our seventh and final friendly was against Burnley, currently a Championship side in my game. We lost that game 1-0, eventhough we dominated the game for the most part with more possession, more shots on and off target, and more passes completed.

Transfers

I got rid of some deadwood who's contracts ran out and I didn't wish to keep. Six players left on frees, but I wasn't fussed about that. Managed to sell two players on who I'd signed for free the season before, making a nice little profit of £20,500. Much like my first season, I went for free transfers as I didn't get a great transfer budget.

Brought in ten players, all on free transfers. A few were for future profit, but the majority of them will go toward replacing the players I let go and the two I sold. The players I signed are as follows:

Jan Sebek (Ex Chelsea keeper)

Mark Carrington (Ex Crewe and MK Dons central midfielder, who bagged 2 goals in the seven friendlies he played in, and got one man of the match)

Dean Furman (Ex Chelsea and Rangers central midfielder, scored one goal in six friendlies)

David Brown (Ex Sunderland left back)

Ben Clark (Ex Sunderland central defender/central midfielder)

Billy Ions (Eighteen year old ex Newcastle Striker, who managed one goal, one assist, and one man of the match in four substitute appearances. Now on loan at Chelmsford)

Davide Petrucci (Ex Roma and Man UTD attacking midfielder/striker)

Calvin Zola (Ex Newcastle striker who's floated around League One and League Two for the past seven years. Scored one goal, two assists, and one man of the match in four appearances)

Brad Smith (Ex Liverpool left back who's only eighteen. One for the future, or to sell on)

James Fitzgibbon (Ex Everton keeper, who's eighteen. Send him on loan to Woking for six months)

Preview of the year

The board reckons I'm going to be in a relegation battle, but I've told them I can achieve a mid-table finish. Hopefully with my new signings playing well for the team already, and the players I currently have still playing well, we'll surpass what I've promised the board I'll achieve. I'd love to get an FA Cup run like I had last season, and I'm pushing to win the FA Trophy.

Five Games In

Transfer Market

Not done much really since the season started. I've loaned out a couple of the youngsters I brought in before the season started, and the only player I brought into the team is a twenty four year old right midfielder named Robin Shroot. He's a former Birmingham player who's currently signed from Northampton. He's played one game so far, scoring a goal and recieving the man of the match award. Seems like he'll be a good player in the six months I have him for.

Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/August2012resultsFCUnited.png

First league game of the season was against Bath, a team who've finished two seasons in a row in the play-offs, but have yet to be promoted out of the BSP. The game ended in a 0-0 draw, with goalkeeper Jan Sebek showing he's hard to score past.

Second game, and we managed to beat Newport County 1-0. Calvin Zola scored the only goal, and Michael Hector picked up man of the match.

Game three, and we were against newly relegated Aldershot. I didn't think we'd have a chance against a former League Two team, and my thoughts were becoming reality after 17 minutes when Glen Little scored for Aldershot and we went 1-0 down. Coming close to half time, and Andy Burgess put in a cross which Mark Carrington got on the end of, and it's 1-1. Half time comes, and I'm feeling like we can win this thing. Calvin Zola comes on at 56 minutes, and in the 58th minute he scores a headed goal! 2-1 to us, and that's the way it stays. Second win of the season, and I'm chuffed by our 6th place league position.

Fourth match, and we're against Kettering. Like always, we're told we don't stand a chance, but my FC United team doesn't listen to the doubters. 60 minutes in, and Jordy Brouwer scores the only goal of the match and earns us a 1-0 win.

Fifth, and Eastbourne Borough come to town. Robin Shroot's debut, and he's in with a well taken goal on the 49th minute, with Calvin Zola claiming the assist after a defense opening pass. Once again the match ends 1-0 to FC United, and I'm left happy with my teams performance.

First manager of the month award goes to Jim Wheato of FC United! Hoorah!

League Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/August2012tableFCUnited.png

Five games in, and all is going great. First in the league, and only one goal scored against us. Could this be a second promotion in a row? I hope so.

End of 2018-19 season review:

League:

table1819.png

Champions!!! Scored the most, conceded the least. Worthy champions! ;)

Cups:

Carling Cup: Knocked out by Hull (1-0) in the 3rd Round.

FA Cup: Made it to the Sixth Round were we were knocked out by Wolves (4-2).

Champions League: What a great first attempt! Made it to the SF where we lost 2-1 on aggregate to Napoli after some frankly shocking defending...

Players:

Carlos Ibanez: Second-top League Goalscorer, club record goals and MoM's. Second in Footballer of the Year. Nominated for World Golden Ball. Also UCL Best Player and UCL Golden Boot. What a season!

Massimo Cioffi: Second-top club goalscorer, second top assists, Players' Player of the Year. Wonderkid. Not bad for £1m!!!

Ravel Morrison: Top League assists, record club assists. Third in Footballer of the Year. Fantastic little player.

Marcelo Basile: Players' Young Player of the Year. Rock solid CB. Rejected a £28m bid for him. Says it all.

I won Manager of the Year. Again.

Next Season: Same again, if not better, will do!

Where and how do you play Ravel Morrison? He's playing well for my Crewe side but I'm trying to extract a little more from him.

September 2012

Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Sept2012resultsFCUnited.png

I was hoping to keep up the good form, and I couldn't ask for better results than I got in September. Seven games played, seven games won. It doesn't get much better than that. Calvin Zola and Jordy Brouwer are doing great up front, and Jan Sebek has made a lot of good saves.

Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Sept2012tableFCUnited.png

Eleven games played, and still unbeaten. I'm holding that top spot, and have only had three goals scored against my team. We're starting to open a nice gap between us and Mansfield, and my aim for next month is to open that gap further.

Other News

Not really much to report. Got manager of the month for September, but no new signings as the players I have are getting the job done.

Awesome goal by Davide Petrucci against Kidderminster!

October 2012

Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Oct2012resultsFCUnited.png

Not the best league results. Three draws, one with us conceding three goals. Jan Sebek was away playing for the Czech Republic youth team, and my secondary keeper isn't great. Thankfully, my strikers and midfielders were scoring for fun to make up for my star keeper being away. My only league win in October was an impressive one.

Got my FA Cup campaign under way with a win over Southport. Quite an achievement, considering we drew with them weeks earlier. Calvin Zola got a hat trick, to move us on to a first round game against Histon.

Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Oct2012tableFCUnited.png

Eventhough we only won one game out of five, we still remain at the top and have opened the gap by another point. Still unbeaten, but conceded a couple more goals than I would have liked. Sebek is back though, so that should change.

Other News

No manager of the month this time, but Mark Carrington bagged goal of the month with this huge strike:

November 2012... We're half way there!

Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/Nov2012resultsFCUnited.png

Awesome results in November! We won all our matches, and the month couldn't have gone any better. Beat Histon twice, once in the league and once in the FA Cup. We're playing Darlington in the second round, and I've got my fingers crossed for a win and a big third round pay off. Our best win of the month was definitely against Lincoln, a team who were playing in League Two in 2011.

Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/Nov2012tableFCUnited.png

Five league wins have helped open the gap at the top to fifteen points. Beating the second placed team did us a lot of favours. Still just over half a season to play, so things could all change. Fingers crossed that the good results keep coming.

Other News

Ben Clark is playing brilliantly right now. Playing in a central defensive role, he's solid as a rock at the back, and has scored five goals in fifteen for us. He scored a hat trick of headers against Histon in the league.

December 2012

Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Dec2012resultsFCUnited.png

Last month of the year, and the good results continued. Won three and drew one game in the league, beat Darlington 3-1 in the FA Cup and earned a third round match away against Swansea for my troubles, and beat Droylsden to get to the second round of the FA Trophy.

Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Dec2012tableFCUnited.png

A lot of movement below FC United, but we remain at the top of the table. The gap between us and the second place team is thirteen points with a game in hand, and we're still unbeaten.

Other News

Sorted out a contract with Mesca, a nineteen year old ex Chelsea and Sporting CP midfielder. He'll be joining us on January 1st.

huh.png

This is confusing. I haven't been offered any jobs, and haven't applied for any, but the board seem to think I may leave at he end of the season. I don't want to leave, but am I going to get pushed out now they think I want to leave?

Edit: Sorted it out. I asked the board for a new contract, and they offered me a new two year deal. Now they're happy that I'm committed to the club.

That nearly always happens when you are in the last 6 month of your contract. Demand a new one off the board and they will offer you one most likely. They will likely offer you one with about 2 weeks to go of your contract if you dont demand one.

January 2013

Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Jan2013resultsFCUnited.png

Not the best results, but not the worst I could have achieved. Got knocked out of both the FA Cup and FA Trophy, so I probably won't ever win the FA Trophy with FC United. In the league, I won three but got my first two league losses of the season. I blame this partly on Calvin Zola's ankle injury which has kept him out of the team for nearly a month. He won't be fit for another three to four weeks, and I'm really missing him in my squad. Hopefully we'll get back on track in February, and go on another big unbeaten run. Also had David Brown off for two weeks with a virus, which didn't help matters.

Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Jan2013tableFCUnited.png

Even after losing two games, we've managed to stretch the gap to twenty points. Even with the gap widening, I'm still not happy about those two losses. One of them was against Newport County, a team in 13th place right now.

Other News

Like I've already said, Calvin Zola is injured. He sprained his ankle during the game against Kettering, and is not expected to be back until the end of February or the start of March. This is a blow for the team, as he's the current top scorer and also has set up a lot of goals for other players in the team.

After playing really well for us while on loan, Robin Shroot's loan came to an end at the end of January. He said he would like to join us perminanty, but when given a contract offer he was happy to consider, chose not to accept the offer.

I sold Ross Atkins to Crawley for £4K. He wasn't being used, and any money is good money.

Mesca joined at the start of January. In his debut game, he scored a goal get us a win over Kettering. So far he's only played two games for the club, as he was playing International games for Guinnea-Bissau during most of the month. He's back now though, and has a one match International ban which means we get to play him.

February 2013

Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Feb2013resultsFCUnited.png

Much better in February. No losses, and only two goals scored against us. Sebek is back on form, and Zola is back to full health. Things are starting to look great again for my FC United team.

Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/Feb2013tableFCUnited.png

Still on the top. Sixteen points in front, with a game in hand. Really happy with that.

Other News

Grabbed Toni Vastic on a free transfer as a back up to my strike force, and he's scored one goal in two matches played while Zola was still injured. I'll probably rotate Vastic, Zola, and Brouwer around to give them all a chance to get some games in and show me what they can do. Also got Max Harrop on loan from Bury for three months, and he's played well so far.

March 2013

Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/March2013resultsFCUnited.png

Even better than in February. Four wins and one draw, and only two goals scored against us. Really happy with those results, even the draw against a tough Lincoln team.

Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/March2013tableFCUnited.png

It speaks for itself really. FC United, BSP champions! The gap is now twenty three points, and we're two points away from breaking the 100 points mark. Everyone else is still scrapping for the playoff places. With eighteen points still to play for, any of the teams in a position from second to fourteenth could still take a playoff spot.

Other News

I got manager of the month for March.

Davide Petrucci got the goal of the month award with this shot smashed home from way way out:

April 2013

Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/April2013resultsFCUnited.png

The last set of results for the season, and they're good. The last game of the season is the best, with us dominating Wrexham and beating them 5-1.

End of Season Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/April2013toptableFCUnited.png

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/April2013bottomtableFCUnited.png

There it is from top to bottom. We finished the season twenty five points ahead of second placed Grimsby, with only two losses and the best goal difference by far. Bring on the football league, and probably a relegation battle.

Other News

I managed to agree contracts with two Spanish players who will be joining the team in June. Francis Suarez is a twenty six year old ex Las Palmas midfielder, who can play on the left or right wing. Futre is a twenty eight year old midfielder who can also play on either wing. They should go toward filling the gap that Max Harrop will leave when his loan finishes.

Ellis Deeney is leaving on a free transfer in June, and heading to Airbus UK Broughton.

Sold Jason Norville and Carl Pentney to Cambridge United for a combined total of £600. May not seem like much, but both their contracts were due to end in a couple of months so any cash I could get for them was a bonus. They're both leaving in June.

Pre-Season 2013

Friendlies

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/2013friendlies.png

Not bad at all. Lost against Sunderland, but I expected that. I didn't expect to beat Colchester and Sheffield Wednesday though, so those two results were a nice surprise. I also expected Accrington Stanley to be better than they were, and we beat them easily.

Transfers

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/preseasontransfers.png

Went crazy in the transfer market once again. I just can't resist! I got some great players on free transfers, and got a couple on loan who will hopeufully be very good for my team. I let a fair few go on free transfers to free up wages. I decided to sell Davide Petrucci, even though he was pretty good last season. I couldn't turn down the offer Plymouth made, as it was £11K more than he was worth. He was easy enough to replace, so I won't miss him too much.

Preview of the Year

Pretty much the same as last season. We're expected to be fighting to stay in League Two. We'll see about that ;)

I am in season 2016/17 and have got FC united into the championship. My training and youth facilities are awful and plans to improve them always get cancelled due to lack of funds. Also we still haven't got our own stadium at what point do the board decide to build a new stadium? And improve facilities?

Thanks think I got lucky with a few decent free transfers and getting promotion more than once via the playoffs. Think hopefully I can stay in the championship for a few seasons and build from there. My squad is so poor because of the rapid promotions and I can't afford the wages of the better players I need so am a bit stuck at the moment.

Thanks think I got lucky with a few decent free transfers and getting promotion more than once via the playoffs. Think hopefully I can stay in the championship for a few seasons and build from there. My squad is so poor because of the rapid promotions and I can't afford the wages of the better players I need so am a bit stuck at the moment.

I got a stadium on promotion to the Premier League.

Congrats, btw.

2013/14 Ten Games In

League Results

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/2013tengamesinleague.png

I can't believe how well I've done so far in the league. Unbeaten, and scoring for fun in most games. Seven of those goals have been scored by Darius Henderson, who is on fire right now. Nathan Rooney is playing even better for the team this year than he did last year. Rooney has scored two goals and got three assists so far in seven games. He got the same amount of goals and only one more assist than that in twenty two games last season. The new 4-4-2 formation I created is really helping the teams performances.

Table

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/2013tengamesintable.png

Top of the table! Already opened a seven point gap. Go Rebels!

Cups

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FM%20Stuff/2013tengamesincups.png

Only got to the second round of the League Cup, but managed to beat Championship side Leicester in the first round. Excellent result in my first Johnstone's Paint Tropy match against Accrington, beating the 4-1. Next cup game is against Rochdale, which will be a more difficult game.

Other news

Received August manager of the month award.

Henderson got goal of the month in August, with this:

I've held back from signing any new players. With my team playing as well as they are, I don't think I need to sign anyone else. I sent out a few players on loan, but that's all.

Signed some new staff, including a new assistant manager and a few new coaches.

My training and youth facilities have been improved slightly.

Got Wigan as a parent club, so that'll be a little bit of extra cash and hopefully some good players to loan.

I got a stadium on promotion to the Premier League.

Congrats, btw.

Thanks. I was hoping that would be the case as I didn't fancy being in the prem with no ground. What was the capacity of the ground that they built you?

18000 or so. It's not a guarantee that you will get a stadium, I run a test on my last save where I saved at the end of the season, (a seperate save) and ran the game a few times. More often than not, all they did is convince bury to allow them to buy a 1000 seat upgrade...

Archived