FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

Got my game underway, 5 league games and 1 league cup game out the way so far.

Sitting pretty at third with 10 points following 3 wins, a draw and a defeat. Lost to Spurs 2-1 (Carroll getting our goal) on the opening day at WHL, but followed that up with wins away to Stoke (1-0, Colo goal), LC against Charlton (3-1 Shola x2 & Yven Molo), West Ham (3-0 Donovan, Jonas and Hetemaj), a home win over WBA (2-1 Ben Arfa & R.Taylor) and drew 1-1 at home V Wigan (Carroll goal).

Yes you have read that right, somehow I signed Landon Donovan for 7.5mil (over time obviously).

Also brought in Antunes from Roma for 240K

Bosco Jonkovic from Genoa, P/X for Xisco

Perparim Hetemaj from Brescia P/X for Lovenkrands

Outs were:

Smith (free, convinced him to terminate)

Nile Ranger (loan to Watford)

And the two exchanged.

Formation:

------------------Krul

R. Taylor--- Colo---Williamson---Enrique

-----------Tiote-------Barton

Jonas-------Donovan-------Ben Arfa

---------------Carroll

Working well so far, using a counter attacking philosophy to make the most of HBA & Jonas' pace, and Carroll's heading/hold up play.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are not going to win the FA cup this year after losing to Chelsea 1-0 in the 3rd round even though we were the better team throughout the game i think they scored with there only shot on target and to top if off we had two goals ruled out one for a foul and one for offside :(.

Our chairman is not a happy bunny either stating the loss to Chelsea was unacceptable and a very poor result. You just can't please some people can you :rolleyes:.

Got my game underway, 5 league games and 1 league cup game out the way so far.

Sitting pretty at third with 10 points following 3 wins, a draw and a defeat. Lost to Spurs 2-1 (Carroll getting our goal) on the opening day at WHL, but followed that up with wins away to Stoke (1-0, Colo goal), LC against Charlton (3-1 Shola x2 & Yven Molo), West Ham (3-0 Donovan, Jonas and Hetemaj), a home win over WBA (2-1 Ben Arfa & R.Taylor) and drew 1-1 at home V Wigan (Carroll goal).

Yes you have read that right, somehow I signed Landon Donovan for 7.5mil (over time obviously).

Also brought in Antunes from Roma for 240K

Bosco Jonkovic from Genoa, P/X for Xisco

Perparim Hetemaj from Brescia P/X for Lovenkrands

Outs were:

Smith (free, convinced him to terminate)

Nile Ranger (loan to Watford)

And the two exchanged.

Formation:

------------------Krul

R. Taylor--- Colo---Williamson---Enrique

-----------Tiote-------Barton

Jonas-------Donovan-------Ben Arfa

---------------Carroll

Working well so far, using a counter attacking philosophy to make the most of HBA & Jonas' pace, and Carroll's heading/hold up play.

Good start to the season there, impressive buy with Donovan he's been pretty good for Chelsea in my game but they had to spend 12 million to get him. Interesting to see someone not picking up all the usual suspects on frees or loans either. Hope the good form continues for you :thup:

We are not going to win the FA cup this year after losing to Chelsea 1-0 in the 3rd round even though we were the better team throughout the game i think they scored with there only shot on target and to top if off we had two goals ruled out one for a foul and one for offside :(.

Our chairman is not a happy bunny either stating the loss to Chelsea was unacceptable and a very poor result. You just can't please some people can you :rolleyes:.

And that'll be despite all the trophies you've won him already....sheesh

Great, Atletico Madrid have been sniffing around Sotiris Ninis and he's instantly become unhappy saying he 'owes it to himself to consider playing for a bigger club'

I'd be a little more sympathetic if it had been Real or Barca, but over the 2 seasons so far we've had better overall league record than Atletico have in Spain.

looks like I better start looking for another right winger, almost impossible to get them back on side once they start moaning.

How has this game not been postponed due to the amount of players away on International duty ? :confused:

nufcvshullnearlyeveryon.jpg

can u explain how u managed to get the cash for this team, however i was lucky in my game cause players like pastore balotelli shawcross brede hangeland nd criscito got transfer listed so i have them nd then i have paulo henrique nd moussa sissoko affelay ( free) yaya sonogo ( like 6 mil) nd frey nd amelia ( free) but like all those were on 48 month deals due to the **** budget nd managed to squeeze 15 more mil outta ma bored nd sold high wages players....but back to my point how'd u bring in lionel messi

Lads i found out why you have Fazio listed and i didn't.

When i load the game on the Mac he's not listed. Loaded on my PC and he's listed. Also it seems i'm able to sign players i couldn't before and now the players i could sign are different prices.

Also some players i could easily sell for a 1 mil like Lovenkrands, i'm lucky if i get 500k.

Odd hey?

I've loaded the game on my PC and transferred to my mac.

can u explain how u managed to get the cash for this team, however i was lucky in my game cause players like pastore balotelli shawcross brede hangeland nd criscito got transfer listed so i have them nd then i have paulo henrique nd moussa sissoko affelay ( free) yaya sonogo ( like 6 mil) nd frey nd amelia ( free) but like all those were on 48 month deals due to the **** budget nd managed to squeeze 15 more mil outta ma bored nd sold high wages players....but back to my point how'd u bring in lionel messi

No offence but you seriously need some punctuation and non-shorthand, mate. :thup:

END OF SEASON UPDATE

League:

Ended up 6th, which wasn't good enough to take a European spot this year. Absolutely gutted about it if I'm honest.

We had a quite strong defence, conceding the 4th lowest in the league. Start of season blips avoided and we could've been higher.

table-2.jpg

Cups:

Failed in both of them, losing to lower league opposition in the first or second round we were in them

Goalscorers:

Rodallega - 12 goals in 14 apps.

Rivaldo - 10 goals in 20(13) apps.

Carroll - 8 goals in 29(5) apps.

Ninis - 6 goals in 28(6) apps.

Ben Arfa - 5 goals in 31(8) apps.

Assisters:

Jonas - 8 assists in 26(8) apps.

Ninis - 7 assists in 28(6) apps.

Ben Arfa - 6 assists in 31(8) apps.

Cairney, Carroll and Rivaldo - 4 assists

From that you can see we were very lucky to get Rodallega. Hopefully having no scoring problems for the season will see us rise.

Unfortunately we don't have the funds to retain Ninis and Ben Arfa so I'll have to wait til the new budget comes through. Ninis I'll go after and hope that some of the TListed players re still available.

Future transfers:

Seamus Coleman - Free

Marco Donadel - Free

Adama Toure - Free

People on the TList who I'd like to bid for: Sanchez and Shawcross. Although Liverpool have put in a bid for Shawcross- but Roger Johnson may be available.

Hi,

I am playing as Newcastle and wondered, if I'm successful with them will St James Park be expanded by the board - does anyone know ? Thanks

I got an expansion at the end of the first and second seasons, first by about 8,000 I think, 2nd a measly 849 seats. There's a limit to how far SJP can be expanded though, can't remember how much.

Hi,

I am playing as Newcastle and wondered, if I'm successful with them will St James Park be expanded by the board - does anyone know ? Thanks

The maxium SJP can be expanded to is 60k. But after my tycoon takeover in the third season he expanded SJP to 60k.

col_nufc1 - you have a sick squad there, ill how you managed to get messi. Wish i got taken over by a tycoon

Thanks.

I put in a £120m final offer for him which got rejected then i asked my chairman to sign him and he did for £128m.

I got the tycoon takeover in the 3rd season after a local businessman led consortium had failed with there takeover bid :D

I got a tycoon takeover but all the players i have signed apart from Messi, Hulk and Ramsey were transfer listed.

I put in a £120m final offer for Messi which got rejected then i asked my chairman to sign him and he did for £128m.

Unlucky there OutClassed. Damned Man City and Wolves getting your European spots..

I had to wait until Ben Arfa went back to OM and then when i offered £4m and they accepted he was willing to sign. He had Newcastle as his favoured club though after a great season on loan so i don't know if that helped or not.

These were my transfers in season 4.

Again i went overboard on free transfers but not as much as my previous seasons and now my reserves are filled with players i can't register for the squad or sell/loan out :mad:.

I highly recommend signing Alberto Paloschi he is out scoring Hulk and Mario Balotelli and he is available on a free transfer as his contract finishes with AC Milan at the end of the third season.

newcastletransfersseaso.jpg

Right haven't played much over the last couple of days but I finished my third season with an almost perfect haul of trophies. A 3-1 victory over Arsenal in the League Cup was followed up with us retaining the Premier League with 5 games to spare, eventually ending up with an impressive tally of 91 points. Next up was the FA Cup final against Everton, where an Urby Emanuelson strike won it late on for us to take the Treble. The final, and arguably biggest, game of the season was against Catalan giants Barcelona in the Champions League Final. The Spanish champions certainly showed their superiority, controlling the game from the first whistle. We managed to ride our luck and keep it at 0-0, that was until a thunderbolt strike from Edinson Cavani stole the glory in the 84th minute for Barca :(

This season has started brightly, beating Arsenal in the Community Shield, then Liverpool and Sunderland in the league. We also were held to a 0-0 draw at the Reebok.

Transfers In

Francisco Luiz - £1.6m (REGEN)

Edin Dzeko - Free

Kyle Walker - £2.5m

Tony Huston - Free

Ben Forster - £2.4m (REGEN)

Total Spend - £6.5m

Transfers Out

Kevin Nolan - Free

Bradden Inman - Free

Kazenga LuaLua - £5m

Danny Simpson - £5m

Victor Moses - £12m

Tim Krul - £3m

Total Income - £25m

Not too much movement this year, obviously Dzeko coming in should be a big boost to my front line. Simpson was getting restless being 2nd choice so newly "taken over by a tycoon" Fulham snapped him and Moses up for neat fees :) I decided last year would be make or break for both Moses and Ranger, and Ranger grabbed the bull by the horns and bagged 17 goals. Unfortunately Victor took a laid back attitude and scored a measly 4 goals in 20 odd appearances, so he moved on. LuaLua and Krul were simply not getting enough gametime, so thought I'd let them go where they'd reach their potential as I do like them irl.

Season 4 review.

Newcastle win the Premier League for the third season in a row and by finishing a impressive 17 points ahead of second placed Liverpool.

League Table.

nufcleaguetableendofsea.jpg

In the cups.

Community Shield Tottenham Hotspurs 1-1 Newcastle United Balotelli (We win 6-5 on penalties).

European Super cup Udinese 1-2 Newcastle United Balotelli, Ramsey.

Champions League final Barcelona 1-3 Newcastle United Hulk 3.

Carling cup final Tottenham Hotspurs 1-1 Newcastle United Paloschi (We win 3-2 on penalties).

Club World cup final Sao Paulo 0-2 Newcastle United Paloschi, Balotelli.

FA cup 3rd round Newcastle United 0-1 Chelsea.

Champions League fixtures.

nufcchampionsleaguewinn.jpg

The Squad.

nufcsquadendofseason4fi.jpg

Future Transfers.

I have already signed some young English players ahead of the new season with Jack Wilshere coming in for £7.5m, Phil Jones coming in for £11m and Jack Rodwell coming in for £18m. I have also put a bid in for Romelu Lukaku for £17.5m but he has to decide to come to Newcastle or AC Milan.

The World Cup next.

So now for the World cup with Belgium we have a very winnable group with Romania, Colombia and Ivory Coast. After the group stages it's in the hands of the gods on who we draw for the knockout stages thats if we qualify from the group I am getting to far ahead of myself.

OK, so I managed to complete the first season and almost completed the summer transfer session.

In the first summer my transfers were:

INs

Fazio 625k€

Hazard Loan

Assulin Free

Naughton Loan

Lansbury Loan

OUTs

Routledge 1M€

Ameobi 3,5M€

Lovenkrands / Nolan / Donaldson / Vuckic / Soderburg all on loan

During Winter I also brought in:

O´Hara 2,1M€

Campanharo 400k€

Liukkonen 200k€ (regen)

I finished 7th after a topsy turvy season, 9 points of CL qualification. Spurs finished top, just above Arsenal and Man Utd.

My team set up was a 4-5-1

GK: Krul / Harper

RB: STaylor / RTaylor

LB: Enrique / Naughton

CB: Fazio + Colocini / Kadar + Williamson

DM: Tiote /

CM: Barton + Hazard / O´Hara + Guthrie

RW: Ben Arfa / Asulin

LW: Jonas

ST: Caroll / Xisco

Man of the season was Jonas, and ben Arfa was a bit disappionting, although during the season I got the board to buy him outright.

Caroll was not so good, 10 in 18, and now is listed due to his issues with STaylor. Xisco managed 10 in 10, so plan on keeping him as back up.

In the current transfer window I have brought in:

Hazard 3,3M€

Kakuta 4,5M€

El Shaarawy 2,5M€

Coeff Free

Castaignos Free

Sanogo 13,5M€

Galeano 13M€

My outs include:

R Taylor 2M€

Lovenkrands 1M€

Nolan / Best / El Shaarawy / Ranger / Soderberg / Tiote all out on loan

This season I will aternate between a 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1

GK: Krul / Forster

RB: STaylor / Tavernier

LB: Enrique / Ferguson

CB: Coloccini / Williamson + Kadar / Galeano

DM: Fazio / Campanharo

CM: Barton / O´Hara + Vuckic / Guthrie

RW: Ben Arfa / Kakuta

LW: Jonas / Hazard

ST: Castiagnos / Sanogo / Xisco

Leaving Assulin as a floater.

It is impossible to sell, as commented many times, but also to loan. I tried to get Ashlet to set up a club for me, but he refused.

So, I need to find time to fit in the following:

Coeff

Moyo

Inman

Edmundson

Airey

Spear

After guiding Belgium to the World cup quater finals i am a wanted man with Spain, Holland, Uruguay, France, Argentina and England want me.

I have accepted the England job and my first task is to qualify easily from the European Championship qualifying group which consits of Israel, Ukraine, Liechtenstein, Georgia.

With the likes of Ashley Cole, John Terry, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Gareth Barry, Jermain Defoe all the wrong side of 30 and there attributes dropping fast it's time to bring in new blood.

Making the game look ridiculously easy as usual I see col! ;)

I'm doing terribly. No money, few transfers, 2nd bottom after 7 games played.

We've won 1 and lost 6, scored 4 and conceded 14. 3 solitary points.

We have played Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal but losing at home to Everton and Bolton is relegation form. I've yet to find a formation I'm happy with:

I tried 442 narrow diamond with Tiote, Barton, Smith & Ben Arfa at point.

Then 41311 with Guthrie added, 442 with Ben Arfa and Jonas on the wings.

It's not happening at the moment.

My only transfers have been to swap Ameobi for Rodallega (who has one goal in 7), and a recent purchase Marcin Wasilewski at right back. I'm playing Carroll and Rodallega up front mostly.

Making the game look ridiculously easy as usual I see col! ;)

I'm doing terribly. No money, few transfers, 2nd bottom after 7 games played.

We've won 1 and lost 6, scored 4 and conceded 14. 3 solitary points.

We have played Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal but losing at home to Everton and Bolton is relegation form. I've yet to find a formation I'm happy with:

I tried 442 narrow diamond with Tiote, Barton, Smith & Ben Arfa at point.

Then 41311 with Guthrie added, 442 with Ben Arfa and Jonas on the wings.

It's not happening at the moment.

My only transfers have been to swap Ameobi for Rodallega (who has one goal in 7), and a recent purchase Marcin Wasilewski at right back. I'm playing Carroll and Rodallega up front mostly.

Thanks Paul. It's good to see you back on the forum again.

Try the 4-4-2 with advanced wingers like this GK, DR ,DL ,DC, DC, MC, MC, AML, AMR, SC, SC it has given me more wins than any other formation on FM11. Also the match preparation seems to play a huge part in the game and i have it on full workload bar on team blend in the friendlies and on average workload during the normal season.

Rodallega was amazing for me as a poacher he was my top scorer for two seasons in a row until i got the tycoon takeover and signed better players to replace him.

As for Andy Carroll he hasn't done very well for me at all and the only reason i have kept him is beacuse he is homegrown and nobody wants him anyway when i offer him to clubs.

How good is this kid and he is only a 15 year old :D.

I have signed him for £600k subject to a work permit which doesn't matter as we have a Bulgarian feeder club. But i will have to wait 3 years before he can leave Brazil :(

renanregenseason5.jpg

Yet to play a friendly but here are my transfers:

IN:

S. Coleman - RB - Free - Would have been second choice, btu I've spotted someone on a free.

A. Toure - AMC - Free - No idea why I brought him in, will be gone in January.

M. Donadel - DM/CM - Third choice and trying to send him out on loan to raise some funds.

Y. Sanogo - ST - £4.8m - Starting striker with Rodallega. Good potential and hope they work well together.

C. Zapata - CB - £5.25m - Will rotate with Coloccini for the season. Has some pace on him that should be useful.

G. Matthewson - ST (REGEN) - £90k - From Huddersfield, not bad technicals.

A. Sanchez - AMR/L - £6.75m - Him and Jonas should tear defences apart this season.

TOTAL: £17m

OUT:

A. Yakubu - £3.3m

Williamson - £1.8m

Lovenkrands - £1.5m

Goncalves - £2.8m

Nolan - £2m (Still paying £30k wages)

Perch - £1.6m

LuaLua - £2.8m

Simpson - £975k

Harper - £250k

Ameobi - £1m (Paying £5k in wages)

Best - Ln fee £500k

Smith - Ln fee £250k

TOTAL: £18.75m

Still got my eye on Bosingwa (FREE!) and Ninis (£5m) to boost the squad. Trying to loan out Donadel for a few million, and Xisco leaving for £1m ln fee.

Squad:

GK: Krul, Forster, Rose ®

RB: Saylor, Coleman

LB: Enrique, Kadar

CB: Coloccini, Zapata

CB: Fazio, Cosic

CM: Tiote, Toure

CM: Cairney, Guthrie,

AMR: Sanchez, Rivaldo

AML: Jonas, Routledge

ST: Rodallega, Ranger, Vuckic

ST: Sanogo, Carroll, Zohore

Those in blue are British, and I'm looking to try and strengthen now with British names. First target is to try and bring in Delfouneso to rotate with Ranger for 2nd spot. I'd like to bring in a DM/CM British guy to be the steel of midfield next to Cairney. Ideally it'll be Rodwell or Huddlestone- and I've got a regen that can be better than Fazio to try and bring through.

:( it's times like this when I really wish I'd gotten a tycoon takeover. Cristiano Ronaldo has just been offered out for only £28.5m as he wants to leave. He actually wanted to speak to me but wanted £260k a week but the board would only let me give him £190k. Now he looks set to go to my closest title rivals Arsenal :mad:

and NUFCSean that is harsh! 28milll for Ronaldo, cruel that you missed out on him. I wish I had been taken over by a tycoon so I could have Messi in my team. Just gonna have to settle with Ben Arfa, Bale, A. Johnson, Modric, Dudu and Kroos to play in the wide positions ;)

Yeah quite annoyed about my takeover tbh. I had no less than 3 attempts, one consortium and 2 local businessmen, before he eventually sold to the ex-Hartlepool chairman who provided no investment whatsoever. Ronaldo just confirmed his deal with Arsenal /0\

I got Steve Gibson (Middlesbrough Chairman?), when I seen that he took over I wasn't pleased as in the last one he always took over in every Newcastle save, don't think I have ever been lucky enough to get a tycoon to take over :(. Ah well, just hope he fractures his skull or something :D haha

On FM10 I got Bob Murray (ex Sunderland) take over on one of my saves :D Well I may have missed out on Ronaldo, but Javier Pastore's contract runs out in 6 months so have got in there first and offered him a very reasonable contract :)

Finished my first season, ended up 8th and won the league cup so I've qualified for the EURO Cup.

In pre season for the second now, signings in so far:

Jose Bosingwa (Free)

Van Bommel (Free)

Jonathan Woodgate (Free)

Clement Chantome (2.2 mil)

Mark Gonzalez (loan, 200K upfront with view to buy for 3.4mil)

Out:

Campbell

Matthew Grieve

Greg McDermot

Fabio Zamblera

Samuel Adeji

Ryan Donaldson

Kazenga LuaLua

Michael Richardson

All on frees

Wayne Routledge (loan to Derby)

Shola Ameobi (1mil to Brum who were relegated)

Haven't been able to keep Hatem Ben Arfa which is a bit depressing. Currently looking for someone to compete on the left with Gonzalez.

Archived