FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

And just how many times this season can I count on Coloccini getting sent off?!?! Big, sideshow bob lookalike fool!

Steven Taylor was the main culprit for me with red cards, but Colo wasn't far behind with sheer number of yellows he picks up. That, plus the wages he was on meant I didn't bother offering him a new deal eventually.

You haven't got too much choice but sticking with him during the first season though unless you managed to pick up someone like Fazio cheaply.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am currently in a 30 games without a win run, lying on 20th on the table, i have no hope on this team whole team cant attack, i dont just ****ing know why, i am really sad, i dont know what can i do

Could you provide more information about your tactics? We might be able to offer more advice.

Steven Taylor was the main culprit for me with red cards, but Colo wasn't far behind with sheer number of yellows he picks up. That, plus the wages he was on meant I didn't bother offering him a new deal eventually.

You haven't got too much choice but sticking with him during the first season though unless you managed to pick up someone like Fazio cheaply.

I've made a deal with myself (the the purpose of a challenge), I'm only buying U18 players, so a little more difficult.

How capable is Kadar to step into his shoes in the near future? Or Tozer maybe?

I've made a deal with myself (the the purpose of a challenge), I'm only buying U18 players, so a little more difficult.

How capable is Kadar to step into his shoes in the near future? Or Tozer maybe?

Kadar might be capable of stepping in, he didn't get much chance with me as I did buy Fazio, some folks have used him quite a bit though and he's coped pretty well. Tozer got the boot as he threw a couple tantrums about playing time. Williamson is pretty decent so you could easil try him and Kadar out as first choice centre backs if you get really fed up of Colo's discipline.

Kadar might be capable of stepping in, he didn't get much chance with me as I did buy Fazio, some folks have used him quite a bit though and he's coped pretty well. Tozer got the boot as he threw a couple tantrums about playing time. Williamson is pretty decent so you could easil try him and Kadar out as first choice centre backs if you get really fed up of Colo's discipline.

Cheers for that dude, it looks like Kadar will have to step up. I'm really not a fan of Williamson, looks pants and has let me down everytime I've called on him!

great just great andy carroll who has superb for me doesnt like steven taylor (suprise, suprise) and now carroll wants to leave because i didnt want to sell taylor i think taylors class but i like carroll a lot on this game carries the team at times. Carroll doesnt want to speak to me now will he ever come round to? if so what do i need to do because i really dont want to sel either of them?

great just great andy carroll who has superb for me doesnt like steven taylor (suprise, suprise) and now carroll wants to leave because i didnt want to sell taylor i think taylors class but i like carroll a lot on this game carries the team at times. Carroll doesnt want to speak to me now will he ever come round to? if so what do i need to do because i really dont want to sel either of them?

That's hard man! I hope that doesn't happen to me, although I know who I'd sell, because, I'm beginning to fall in love with this man... Xisco:

[video=youtube;SoOQ-ohb94g]

The 2nd and 4th goals are particularly sick IMHO!

Yeah same happened for me, but Carroll wasn't really in the squad, so I sold him at the end of that season. Couple seasons later Balotelli complained about Hart, but after the original conversation I've just kept playing both of them and they seem to get on with it.

In both cases the players annoyingly waited till just after a transfer window closed to actually moan at me....so would have to wait months before i could move one of them on anyway.

I think as long as he's not right at the end of his contract and you keep picking him and praising him he should eventually come round. Fingers crossed for you.

thanks for the advice i would talk to carroll but i cant because he said his relationship has broken down with me. He carried my team last season he scored 26 league goals. His contract runs out in 2016 and im in 2012 so thats 4 years to hopefully convince him

26 league goals in your first season?! Woah... Maybe I should start playing the lad! Good luck with your issue anyhow r kid!

On the back of a pretty epic 2013/14 season had a nice big budget for the 2014/15 season, decided not to go too crazy with it though. As I've been bringing in a lot of decent young players for the last couple seasons I took a chance on signing some experienced players to come in and tutor those future stars. Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and Samuel Eto'o had all been released so I offered them another couple seasons at the top, hoping they would have a positive impact on some of the under 18s.

Gareth Bale had fallen out with the Spurs hierarchy so he came in for £7.75 million, we were offered Bernardo by Cruzeiro and I decided to accept the deal to provide some cover for the deep-lying playmaker role. The other buys were a potential wonder kid plucked from the AC Milan youth team, Davide Buondonno and during the January window we went back in for Tom Cairney at Chelsea and got him for £1mill, he'd refused to sign a new contract with them, so was available cheap.

Steven Taylor left in the summer for Spurs having decided he wanted a new challenge, Joey Barton, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Fraser Forster all left at the end of their contracts. I had tried to sell them in the previous season but got no takers. During the January window Charlie Adam, Kyle Walker and Denys Garmash all moved on for about £10 million combined.

Current First team looks like this now:

Goalkeepers: Krul, Hart, Smithies, Butland

Right Backs: Sergio Ramos, Diego Renan, Ansaldi

Left Backs: Enrique, Kolarov, Cole, Soliman (regen)

Centre Backs: Fazio, Sakho, Rhys (regen) Sergio Ramos can drop in here if injuries or suspensions need be.

Right Wing: Ninis, Bentley, Navratil (regen)

Left Wing: Bale, Jonas, Calum Stewart (regen)

Central Midfield: Poli, Badelj, Bernardo, Cairney, Lampard, Makinwa (regen)

Strikers: Dzeko, Balotelli, Wickham, Eto'o, Abdel Hamid (regen)

Playing a pretty attacking 4-4-2 formation we were massively high scoring in the league, things were pretty tight for the first half of the season with Man Utd winning 14 of their first 15 matches but they tailed off badly over the Christmas period and were overtaken by Chelsea for a while. Utd eventually rallied to claim second but they'd let us get too far ahead and we won the title with a little time to spare. As you'll see by the league table our strikers were in fine form with both Dzeko and Balotelli scoring over 20 league goals, and young Abdel Hamid getting 16 of his 33 goals in the league.

As for the cups we made it rhough to the final of the league cup where we faced Sunderland and hammered them 4-1, also made it to the final of the FA cup but went down 1-0 to Man Utd. In Europe we came second behind Inter in our Champion's League group and then put in 2 very lame performances against Atletico Madrid for the First Knockout round, losing both legs 2-1.

Final League Table: (if it works this time!)

th_EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-7.png

The close season started with a bit of sour note, Enrique, Ansaldi and Bentley all demanding transfers plus Balotelli feuding with Joe Hart. I have agreed deals for Enrique to Man Utd and Ansaldi to Juventus, but no takers for Bentley yet. Should I have to sell Balotelli before he starts attacking other members of the squad I think we are reasonably covered up front with 2 potential stars in the making.

Young Mohammed Abdel Hamid staked a pretty major claim for a starting position, scoring 33 goals in all competitions for us, a lot of those coming off the bench. He also scored 13 in 12 internationals for Egypt.

th_MohammedAbdelHamidProfile_Attributes-3.png

This lad I have a lot of hope for, nabbed from AC Milan's youth team, ripped up the Under18's league this season, and hopefully with tutoring from Dzeko and Eto'o will develop quickly.

th_DavideBuondonnoProfile_Attributes-2.png

Sounds like a great season pal (though I can’t enlarge the league pic) so a congratulations is in order- you’ve got some great players there too, can’t wait till I’m at that point and seriously challenging for things.

Although I am for the first time this season (after 13 games) confident that my tactics are beginning to work, and feel safe that we won’t go down. Hope I’ll get some money to spend next summer so I can try and challenge for Europe next season.

Oh and RE: Xisco / Carroll; Xisco got sent-off (two yellows, both for diving) in the last game (I get a player sent off every game it would seem, so I’m used to it) so Carroll is about to get his big chance!

Good morning Geordies btw!!

Here, I’ve decided that even though I’m only buying U18 players, I’m going to allow myself to make Hatem Ben Arfa’s loan permanent too, since he’s such a key part of the team, and he’s already here (and the money involved is pittance for such a talent).

I’m tryna negotiate it for more around the £4.5m mark, but that’s not the point, does anyone have any luck in getting him to sign a contract? As I doubt he’s going to want to sign for me.

Update on my game: 11th after 14 games with 18 points, but certainly getting more consistent.

Thought I would share my experience with Newcastle so far...

Played one season and found it fairly comfortable to achieve the expectations of the board.

Transfers

In - Fazio, A Yakubu (RB), Carini, Pires and Jamie Forrest (loan).

Out - the majority of the youngsters out on loan (e.g. Vuckic, Ranger etc.) Didn't sell any of the first team players

Finished 8th (missing out on Europe by one place!), played the youngster in the Carling Cup which didnt go well at all and FA Cup was just as unsuccessful getting knocked out in the 5th round by Arsenal.

Lovenkrands finished 3rd top scorer in the league with 27 goals! oh...and I won manager of the year somehow?!

Pre-season (2nd Season)

Board want a top half finish and have given me a budget of £8M, but no extension on wage budget so I tried to get rid of some players to allow me to sign some players.

Out (so far)

Collocini (Loan 1/2 wages being paid, agreed price of £4.5M)

Krul (Loan, agreed price £3.5M)

Campbell - Free

Harper - 450K

Simpson - £1.6M

Barton - £1.5M (to sunderland!!)

Xisco - (Loan, agreed price £4M)

Nolan - (couldnt sell and needed to clear wages so offered mutual termination and he took it)

Having real trouble getting rid of Smith, Williamson, Routledge, Best, Ameobi, Gosling and Guthrie. Nobody wants them, even offered them for free, tried offering mutual termination and they wouldnt take it. Anyone got an tips?

In (so far)

Amelia - GK - Free

Shawcross - £5M

Luis Jiminez - Free

Hagen - DMC - £4.5M

Gennaro - AMLC - 400K

Alberto Bueno - 500K

Alberto Paloschi - £4.5M

Schelletto - Free - WB/M/AMR

Miguel Torres - £1.8M - DRL

Ismael Assitti - M/AMLC - £1M (the lad from ajax - cant remeber how to spell his name correctly)

won all friendloes so far pretty comfortably, but against poor opposition. With the amount of signings I have made reckon it might be tough start to the season until the gel...

Sounds like a great season pal (though I can’t enlarge the league pic) so a congratulations is in order- you’ve got some great players there too, can’t wait till I’m at that point and seriously challenging for things.

Although I am for the first time this season (after 13 games) confident that my tactics are beginning to work, and feel safe that we won’t go down. Hope I’ll get some money to spend next summer so I can try and challenge for Europe next season.

Oh and RE: Xisco / Carroll; Xisco got sent-off (two yellows, both for diving) in the last game (I get a player sent off every game it would seem, so I’m used to it) so Carroll is about to get his big chance!

Good morning Geordies btw!!

I think the League pic should work now, somehow the first upload to photobucket didn't work.

As far as Ben Arfa goes I wasn't able to make his deal permanent as he accepted a new deal with OM but some folks on here have managed to make the deal. I think you need to big him up plenty after matches and during player chats. Lots of sweet talk basically, and then in the second half of the season he should be amenable to signing for you.

Hope Carroll takes his chance for you, 11th after 14 games is pretty good and if your tactic is gelling you might be in with a chance of pushing for Europe after Christmas....you never know.

Good luck :thup:

Lorro, good first season there. Afraid I can't offer you any advice on getting rid of some of the deadwood, I think you've already brought in more money for players than I managed in first couple seasons. I've ended up releasing quite a few players at the ends of their contracts over my 5 seasons so far.

I think if you use the player chats and dump them into the reserves you can annoy them enough to accept mutual termination, but the trade off is that, if they are popular with other players, you could end damaging the team morale and have players putting in transfer requests you don't want.

Smashed it there pal!!IS this your first season in the Champions League? Good luck with your coming season pal, not that it looks as though you need it! Oh, and could you do me a wee favour... Tell me who are the top 5 youth / reserve players at Newcastle?

I'm loving: Alnwick (GK), Vuckic, Spear, Moyo, and Tozer thus far!

Smashed it there pal!!IS this your first season in the Champions League? Good luck with your coming season pal, not that it looks as though you need it! Oh, and could you do me a wee favour... Tell me who are the top 5 youth / reserve players at Newcastle?

I'm loving: Alnwick (GK), Vuckic, Spear, Moyo, and Tozer thus far!

Nope, 3rd season in Champs I think...actually might even be 4th. We go great guns in group stage, but tend to muck it up in knockout. I might need a lot of luck though, we're in financial trouble looks like, despite winning the league a couple times on the trot I've only been offered a 12.5 million budget for the forthcoming season, and my wage budget has been reduced. So I will need to sell some bodies this summer.

Top 5 would probably be Vuckic if you can get him tutored early, Kadar (still consider him a youth/reserve in 1st season), Spear again has bags of potential but getting him to show it is tough, then probably Moyo and Alnwick. Some might stick Nile Ranger in there too, unless he's already a 1st team regular. If you can talk the board into improving the youth training facilities and the recruitment network you can see a big jump in the quality of players coming in to your under 18 set up.

Only have Vuckic, Spear and Moyo still at the club on my game, and they are quite a long way down the pecking order to be honest.

Sunderland have just borught Llajic for £24m!!!!!!! I'm in the first season, winter window, where has that money come from?! I'm tryna scrpae together £3m to get Eden Hazard's younger bro!

Damn agents fees... I managed to get the £3.2m (as it turned out) together to buy the lad, but in the end couldn't afford his agents' fees, the 2nd time thats happend with him this season! Gutted. Zezihno next on my list

Damn agents fees... I managed to get the £3.2m (as it turned out) together to buy the lad, but in the end couldn't afford his agents' fees, the 2nd time thats happend with him this season! Gutted. Zezihno next on my list

You'll probably be put off a few deals due to the agents fees, I've cancelled a few because of that. And Sunderland have splashed a lot of cash on my game too.....not that it gets them anywhere :p

You'll probably be put off a few deals due to the agents fees, I've cancelled a few because of that. And Sunderland have splashed a lot of cash on my game too.....not that it gets them anywhere :p

It's not that I was put off, I would've paid it, but he wanted more than I could offer! Greedy ****! Anyway, got Zezinho instead- seem to bu building the Brazil U20 side here!!

It's not that I was put off, I would've paid it, but he wanted more than I could offer! Greedy ****! Anyway, got Zezinho instead- seem to bu building the Brazil U20 side here!!

Wait till you get asked for a signing on fee in excess of 16 million, and a similar agent fee!!!

Going for the samba flair are you?

Just had the first backroom meeting of the close season, and according to Baldini (new assistant manager) we have the youngest, fittest, strongest best passing squad with the most flair in the league.

I'm happy with that.

The financial side of things is pretty worrying though, have had to put most of the transfer budget into the wages so I can offer certain players and stuff contract extensions, and the club have definitely tightened up on the max wages. I actually had more left of the previous season's transfer funds than I was offered for a budget this season. Not sure where the money has gone, but will probably only be signing two 16 year old players my scouts recommended, plus Jack Wilshire on a free.

I wanted them to play down both flanks and cross the ball, but they just cant do it.

I am playing with 1 DM 1 MC advanced playmaker 1MR wide mid 1Aml support, Target man and poacher, every match against weak team, i own possessions, lots, but every time the screen shows me the other team's attacking highlights and goal.

I really dont know what can i do.

What is the meaning of tempo and width, i dont got it...

i really need help, i played well at fm 10 but **** on fm11, i dont know why.

Please help me.

I had bought Beckham Rivaldo Muniain Shevchenko Necid, but the just cant cross, even create chances, please help, i beg everyone.

Wait till you get asked for a signing on fee in excess of 16 million, and a similar agent fee!!!

Going for the samba flair are you?

£16m?!?! Who was that for?! Yup, I'm bringing the samba to the Tyne!

Just had the first backroom meeting of the close season, and according to Baldini (new assistant manager) we have the youngest, fittest, strongest best passing squad with the most flair in the league.

I'm happy with that.

The financial side of things is pretty worrying though, have had to put most of the transfer budget into the wages so I can offer certain players and stuff contract extensions, and the club have definitely tightened up on the max wages. I actually had more left of the previous season's transfer funds than I was offered for a budget this season. Not sure where the money has gone, but will probably only be signing two 16 year old players my scouts recommended, plus Jack Wilshire on a free.

Hmm.. Sounds worrying! Although, seems to me you've done a good enough job to keep you going for a while, should be able to challenge on all fronts with a squad like that I would say.

I wanted them to play down both flanks and cross the ball, but they just cant do it.

I am playing with 1 DM 1 MC advanced playmaker 1MR wide mid 1Aml support, Target man and poacher, every match against weak team, i own possessions, lots, but every time the screen shows me the other team's attacking highlights and goal.

I really dont know what can i do.

What is the meaning of tempo and width, i dont got it...

i really need help, i played well at fm 10 but **** on fm11, i dont know why.

Please help me.

I had bought Beckham Rivaldo Muniain Shevchenko Necid, but the just cant cross, even create chances, please help, i beg everyone.

Could you post a screenshot of your tactic? Also if you want to use wingers check out the Tactics and training forum, there's a couple good threads on there with formations based around using advanced wingers.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/235932-DK-4-4-2-Wingers...

Mooki,

the demand for 16 million was either Jerome Boateng(!!!!!!) or Arturo Vidal I think, Juan Mata wasn't too far behind and he also wanted in excess of 220k a week wages.

My main worry on the finance front is if we keep losing money that the chairman might start arranging deels over my head to cut the wage bill. I don't want to be challenging for the title and then a few months in have Dzeko or Balotelli sold out from under me. Will keep the spending to a minimum this summer and hope that keeps us ship shape

Could you post a screenshot of your tactic? Also if you want to use wingers check out the Tactics and training forum, there's a couple good threads on there with formations based around using advanced wingers.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/235932-DK-4-4-2-Wingers...

i wanted to use my own formation, own tactics...

btw, how can i post out all of my players instructions screen shot right here...?

there are lots, at least 7 people lol

Newcastle United F.C. 2010 / 11, Season One in Pictures (Part: One, Present Performance)

League Table

leagued.jpg

Transfers

transfersu.jpg

Season Best XI

sxi0.jpg

Best Player

arfa.jpg

Absolutely bangin’ player, to be honest head and shoulders above all of the other players in my team, to the extent that I was willing to break my ‘only buying U18 players’ rule to make his loan permanent. I’ve got absolutely no idea how I’m going to replace the boy; I just can’t see me doing anywhere near as well without him... crisis. Answers on a postcard please lads!!

Xisco was the fan’s player of the year btw.

NewcastleUnited F.C. 2010 / 11, Season One in Pictures (Part: Two, Relative Performance)

Records 1

rec1e.jpg

Records 2

rec2.jpg

Overall Best XI

(As in ‘Part: One’, season best XI)

Finances

financeg.jpg

Trophy Haul

... (To be continued, lol)...

I’m pleased with the season. Kind of. I’ve finally got my tactics sorted, and players seem to be growing as were going on hopefully some of the Reserves can make the step up next season- I’ve got some work on my hands to work out which ones.

If I can replace Ben Arfa and become more consistent then the aim is to challenge of a Europa League place next season. Any advice / feedback / whatever will be much obliged guys, ta in advance.

Youth and training facilities to be upgraded shortly too... apparently.

Just had my first game as manager of the mighty Brazil......and promptly lost 2-1 to Republic of Ireland.....oh dear.

At least my Newcastle boys didn't let me down and we beat Man utd in the season opener at the Community Shield, start the league with an away trip to the Stadium of 'you know what'

You got a decent season out of Xisco there, no joy at getting Ben Arfa to accept a deal I take it?

Maybe you should get them all to drink camomile tea or take up tai-chi or something....or play some whale song before matches.

Where did you finish in the league...assuming you weren't kicked out for excessive violence or anything? ;)

Haha, 8th- I've got the screenie up now. There was a stage when I was clearly on for 6th and a Euro spot, but a couple of injuries and inconsistant players saw me slip in the last 10 games. Anyhow never mind!

Yeah, I'm expecting big things of Xisco next season- want him to hit 20! And no, no chance with Ben Arfa, I did everything, even asked the board to negotiate!

Good luck in the darby pal!

Right, thats me. Night all, good luck with ur saves!

So I'm going to make it more of a challenge, I'm only going to buy U18 players.

Good luck with that:thup:

Spoilers coming, I've been doing something similar (though not strictly, I've bought older ones as well but greatest satisfaction comes from nurturing young talent).

Third season over, and I'm calling it a season of flukes. Fluke title, fluke UEFA cup, funded by fluke takeover. I'm not over the moon to be honest, feel that it all happened despite of me.

1. In late November everything was clear: Arsenal had one draw to stain their list of straight victories, then there was a group of 5 teams 10-15 points below them. All of a sudden Wenger walks to take care of Milan --> Gunners enter free fall -mode. I play them at home in early january, and witness an imitation of earliest pre-season murders against Exeter (no offence intended) or some such: 4-0. They end up sixth (and I admit I thought I was throwing away a guaranteed championship when I rejected their offer).

2. ManU was top of the table after them, but for some reason were unable to extend their lead, silly draws all the time. My 3rd last game is at home against them, and at that point I'm trailing four points. Didn't check if it was injuries, fixture congestion or over-confidence from rednose (he retired after the season), but in their starting lineup there's five back-up players I've never heard of (some in-game signings that had maybe 3 or 5 subs appearances up until that point). 4-2, and after that they lose both of their remaining games.

3. Upon examining the final table, I noticed I've won the title with 81 points (Chelsea 2nd with 79, ManU 76). That surely must be amongst the lowest in 20-team premiership history?

4. Next up is the UEFA-cup final. Now I'm 99% sure I've never won that in the game before (probably because you only ever get one or two tries rather early in the game?). This time even route to final is easy-ish: Genoa, Dinamo Kiev, Seville and Palermo are good teams, but nothing compared to Juve, Inter and Ajax that my opponents AZ Alkmaar had to brush aside. And I don't follow dutch football in real life, but I suppose that seven players they were missing from the final through injuries or suspensions maybe had some impact? The final isn't actually a walk in the park, but after the penalty win I'm honestly afraid this game might become too easy next season.

Luckily domestic cups keep me grounded. League cup ends in 6th round against Everton (I lead 2-0 at half time, and their new manager Fa... I mean Sam Allardyce gloats intolerably after the game. Wait for the next season, mate:mad:). In FA cup I won Liverpool in the third round, but they're the last PL team I face before 1-0 loss in the final against Shearer's Chelsea (he took over around christmas time and probably took 15 points more than anybody else after that point, so will be the team to be afraid of).

Right, so what's next? Unfortunately for the toon, manager Man Ray has almost recovered from his appendix operation, so I'll be a part-time manager soon. Will play on however, and the next match is charity shield in 3 days time.

Again the board trusted me with +50m to spend, though I really can't find the targets anymore.

Bought: Khouma Babacar (spelling?) for 30m, some decent young-ish french left winger for 4,5m, then 4 comp-generated guys (all of them really good looking ones too, I'm more than happy with my scouts:) ) to make sure I'll be able to comply with home-grown rules in few years time (currently I only have 15 players old enough to be registered, so not an acute problem). After sales I've still got +22m and 220k excessive transfer budget, so if a right player becomes available... And obviously the board has agreed to everything I've dared to ask for (and I'm big-headed but small-minded already, when they offered me new contract I negotiated it to nice round number of 100k/week, only next day I realised I want to be best paid in the league. And then found out that Avram Grant, now at Man City, gets the same as me. Should've asked for 101k...)

Squad: (* equals computer-generated)

GK: Pyatov/Areola, Krul. Forster loaned out. Can't decide between Pyatov (1st choice last season) and Areola.

RB: Zabaleta, Monti*, a 17-year old spaniard*

LB: Jose, Monti*, Kadar, the same 17 year old spaniard*. Monti will probably make one full-ball place his own this season, we'll see.

CB: Neven Subotic, Raphael Varane, Gabriel Milito, Carlos Marchena, Kadar.

CM/ball winner: Flamini, Fernandez*, Saidi* Gilberto Silva (still retained him as tutor/player/coach for 8k a week. And would've retained Tiote as well, but his work permit expired. Maybe better, no idea when he would've played).

CM/advanced playmaker: Montolivo, Saidi*, Zakaria Labyad, a local talent*.

AML: that new french guy, Jonas, Zezinho.

AMR: Giuliano, Jonas, Ryder Matos (weird one really, on loan for 4th season in a row. In third season Real Madrid signed him for reserves as I was suffering from transfer embargo due to takeover, but of course I loaned him in january. Maybe next summer I'll sign him permanently, at least he's been patient waiting for his turn).

Strikers: Haven't decided how I'll play them, probably tried and trusted poacher/complete forward combo. And to make matters worse, all sorts of great players offered cheaply all the time (van Persie 9m, Tevez 13m, Berbatov 2m...). And can't decide my preference order either, but:

Terence Makengo: won PL golden boot last season, perfect poacher. Seriously on/off, and faded towards the end of season. And average stats really, nothing to suggest he's a match winner (except the early scout reports, glad I followed them). Will never be home-grown, but probably couldn't sell him either if an offer came: half the team has him in favoured personnel.

Babacar: he's the 30m million man, has to start. Great stats, but we'll see.

Marquinhos Parana*: best stats, best coach reports. Came in for 3rd season and was chosen as the signing of the season. Though end product is lacking, and never looks anything special in highlights. 9 league goals last season and still only 19 years of age. And can play either poacher or second striker, though isn't superb or my first choise for either (which is probably his main problem).

Andriy Shevchenko: Decided to retain him as well for 12k a week. Free transfer for second season, was 25k/week then. 39 league goals (and plenty assists) in two seasons, club captain, great tutor. 37 is old, but I didn't have the heart to send him walking...

Lenny Nangis: 19 now. Been around for two seasons, nothing special so far. And decided to make my life difficult: I've got a long tradition of organising friendly-cups for last weekend of pre-season. This year he scored the winners against both Rangers and Real Madrid (played a half against each). Will definitely get a start in charity shield, and if he plays well, it's the job of press to contemplate why I bought a 30m man for reserves...

ps. also agreed to become Ivory Coast manager, as it seemed easy and entertaining with World Cup coming and all. Not entertaining, every game means 15 minutes of comparisons between players I've never heard of (I don't trust the useless assistant a least bit). And not easy either, 2 draws so far which means I'll have to win the last 4 if I want to be sure of qualification. And on top of that, I only just found out that qualifiers for African Nations Cup start already in september. Now maybe the assistant could take care of them, as I'd only planned to enjoy the world cup and then run with the money...

Good luck with that:thup:

Cheers bud!

As promised, a wee screenie of my beautiful little re-gen 'Da Silva', stumbled upon whilst shopping for Zezinho, looks the biz, non?

dasilva.jpg

Scout say the potential to be better than Xisco, and a 'leading' premier league star!

BTW: I was gona promote Krul to my first choice 'keeper this season, but I've just got Foster back from loan and he looks boss! Who did you all go for, defo am gona sell Harper either way.

If I can replace Ben Arfa and become more consistent then the aim is to challenge of a Europa League place next season. Any advice / feedback / whatever will be much obliged guys, ta in advance.

Youth and training facilities to be upgraded shortly too... apparently.

I know it goes against your under 18 rule, but take a look at Younes Belhanda at Montpellier. If you can afford him, he has the potential to be a very good player

BTW: I was gona promote Krul to my first choice 'keeper this season, but I've just got Foster back from loan and he looks boss! Who did you all go for, defo am gona sell Harper either way.

I would gor for Forster ahead of Krul, isn't Krul's "eccentricity" attribute a bit high? (I'm at work...so I could be wrong), which isn't good for a keeper. But, I'm sure Forster's is lower and has the potential to be a class keeper!

Plus you will probably make a few quid selling Krul - Juventus always want him on my game.

Archived