FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

I have signed some quality transfer listed players in the January transfer window so far.

Micah Richards for £1.2m from Man City (his contract expires at the end of the season)

Jonny Evans for £7.5m from Man Utd.

Ryan Shawcross for £5.5m from Man Utd.

Jose Angel for £2.6m from Real Sporting.

Rene Adler for £6.25m from Leverkusen.

Lacina Traore for £2.3m from Barcelona.

Lassana Diarra for £3.8m from Real Madrid.

Carlos Eduardo for £2.7m from Rubin Kazan (subject to a work permit).

I also signed Hulk subject to a work permit for £9m from Porto he wasn't transter listed but for some reason his value was only £3.1m

I haven't been able to unsettle the big stars to put in transfer requests yet :(

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reached January tussling with Man Utd at the top of the league so Ashley asked if I wanted to reconsider our season objectives. That gave me a little more room on the wage/transfer budget front. I've brought in the transfer listed David Bentley from Spurs for £1,000,000 to add some more depth on the wing. I also had bids accepted for Diego Renan of Cruzeiro and Cristian Ansaldi from Rubin Kazan, both have just had their work permits granted and I now have some quality at right back.

This will probably be the last of my spending till we reach the end of the season. Might be put in the bid to make Cairney's deal permanent, but I don't forsee any more new faces till I clear out a few bodies in July when their contracts expire.

Hulk looks amazing but if he get's his work permit i am going to have serious problems as to who to play upront.

Targetmen Carroll, Traore, Sanogo.

Poachers Rodallega, Balotelli, Hulk, Sanogo, Vela

If Hulk is as good as he was for me on FM09 and 10 then a front line of him and Balotelli should be terrifying.

Reached January tussling with Man Utd at the top of the league so Ashley asked if I wanted to reconsider our season objectives. That gave me a little more room on the wage/transfer budget front. I've brought in the transfer listed David Bentley from Spurs for £1,000,000 to add some more depth on the wing. I also had bids accepted for Diego Renan of Cruzeiro and Cristian Ansaldi from Rubin Kazan, both have just had their work permits granted and I now have some quality at right back.

This will probably be the last of my spending till we reach the end of the season. Might be put in the bid to make Cairney's deal permanent, but I don't forsee any more new faces till I clear out a few bodies in July when their contracts expire.

Some nice signings there :thup:. I signed Bentley on a free at he start of the season as a backup for Nani but whenever he plays he never lets me down he gets loads of assists.

If Hulk is as good as he was for me on FM09 and 10 then a front line of him and Balotelli should be terrifying.

I don't think two poachers would work that well though but maybe if i used Hulk as a complete forward that would work.

Our league form has been very steady so far, with 2 players in particular leading the way. Though this does leave me concerned that Ashley might sell one of them out from under me going by what some posted earlier about him. Fazio's goalscoring form has slowed slightly but he still has a massively impressive 17 goals, 5 assists and 12 MoMs from 32 matches by the middle of January. Balotelli after a slow start has really exploded into life with 23 goals and 5 assists from 24 games, he still throws in the occasional rank performance now and again of course but either side of those he's usually unplayable. Honourable mentions also go to Joey Barton, Jose Enrique (who has weighed in with 6 goals himself) and Ninis.

th_MarioBalotelliProfile_Attributes-2.png

th_FedericoFazioProfile_Attributes-2.png

We've been playing a pretty attacking 4-4-2 both home and away so far and it seems to be working for us, and having a lot less problems with injuries this season thankfully. We did get schooled a couple times in Europe, the defeats to Madrid and Porto should have been more emphatic (the loss to Real would have been if Marcelo hadn't been sent off in the first half), but we did enough to get through to the knockout stages.

th_NewcastleUnitedNewcastle_Fixtures-6.png

Overall it's shaping up to be a great season, as long as Fazio and Balotelli stay reasonably injury free. The other strikers haven't been clinical enough for us to sustain our form, I feel, if Mario is out longterm.

I don't think two poachers would work that well though but maybe if i used Hulk as a complete forward that would work.

On previous versions of FM I think Hulk was certainly capable of playing in other roles beside poacher...I haven't looked closely at him on FM11 yet as I was planning to try a few different players this time round.

Some nice signings there :thup:. I signed Bentley on a free at he start of the season as a backup for Nani but whenever he plays he never lets me down he gets loads of assists.

That's what I was hoping for....he played his first game and came off 20 minutes in with a fractured wrist!!! Out for 2 months now.

Maybe two poachers does work Hulk has scored 2 and Balotelli scored one with 2 assists in a 4-4 draw against the mackems at the village of the damned.

We were pretty lucky to escape there with a draw as well this season...Gyan seems to be pretty effective for them.

Bent's transfer listed on my game but they've got Alexis Sanchez bombing down the right and some young swedish guy up front who had plenty pace too.

He's just been offered to me on transfer deadline day for £4m which i turned down. The mackems are in debt on my game.

Holy Mother.........

How many players did you sign??? Should be able to storm the reserve league for sure :p

Some great freebies there though.

The majority of them are rotting in the reserves as there is far to many players to register and of course it's impossible to sell them.

dunno why Joey Barton is on the disliked list, i'm a season ticket holder at SJP and we love him! ..although I understand the rest of the world hate him so maybe why he's added...

Explained it a few times already in this thread. Before this season started most of SJP were pretty much on the side of fed up with Barton since he had hardly featured for us (injury, bans, suspensions). Now he's playing, and doing well, people like him again, such are football fans!

Finished first season, ended up as 7th. Won Manager of the year & Kadlec ended as PL topscorer. Due to Mackems winning the League cup they got our place in Europe! :(

Just snapped of Albin on free transfer. Think im going to stick with Krul with Forster as backup. Will try to get Shawcross or Sakho - dont know who yet.

In the attack i will count on Carroll, Lukaku, Kadlec & Ranger yet again.

Looking at col's transfers and the general feel in the forum, it seems that the transfer system is much too unrealistic for this year's FM. :thdn:

And it seems teams can unsettle players and players get upset too quickly.

Do people play 1 or 2 upfront? And what roles for Ranger and Carroll do they score for you? As a lone striker as Poacher(A)/Target(A) they both haven't done too well so far.

Looking at col's transfers and the general feel in the forum, it seems that the transfer system is much too unrealistic for this year's FM. :thdn:

I'm not sure it's the transfer system itself that's the problem or the player/manager interactions meaning players are becoming unsettled far too quickly and managers are too quick to discard some players.

Sacked midway through second season. Terrible! We were beaten by Sunderland 2-1 at home and that was enough to see me gone. In saying that, the minimum requirement was mid table and we were 12th at Christmas. Bah Humbug! Time to start fresh

Unlucky Captain, seems a bit harsh to give you the boot at Christmas, you're only a place or 2 off meeting target

We have won the Carling cup for the third year in a row with a 5-1 hammering of Liverpool in the final :D.

We were 2-1 up when Jamie Carragher got himself sent off in the 50th minute then we used our extra man advantage to the full and the poor Liverpool defence just couldn't handle the pace we have up front.

nufccarlingcupwinnersse.jpg

Yeah i think SI really need to have a look at the whole transfer system/player interaction as it seems very easy to sign top quality players for value if there are on the transfer list and it is still impossible to sell your own players even if offering them out for nothing.

Do people play 1 or 2 upfront? And what roles for Ranger and Carroll do they score for you? As a lone striker as Poacher(A)/Target(A) they both haven't done too well so far.

When i play Carroll i use him as a targeman with support duty if i am playing two forwards or targetman with attack if playing him upfront by himself.

As for Ranger i would play him as a poacher.

Had a shocking start to life in the Champions League. After a stunning victory against Inter i had a torrid time.

Thats a tough group. You were unlucky when you look at the results as well the most you got beat by was one goal.

Sigh my game got bugged at the end of the first season I believe. Its the second week of August now and the new season isnt showing any signs of starting. I dont see any planned fixtures, I have no premier division matches in August and the board is still on the expectations of last season :|

Anyone else face a similar issue?

Sigh my game got bugged at the end of the first season I believe. Its the second week of August now and the new season isnt showing any signs of starting. I dont see any planned fixtures, I have no premier division matches in August and the board is still on the expectations of last season :|

Anyone else face a similar issue?

Haven't heard of anything like that Blackend. Have the other leagues generated fixture lists?

Sounds horribly like you might have to restart.

signed michael ball as cover for left back, and jack wilshere on loan in january, went out both cups in the 3rd round to cardiff and watford, but came 11th in the league :D won manager of the year aswell.

second season got rid of the deadwood like perch, simpson, xisco, best, routledge, campbell, ball, smith. signed seb larsson for 2.5m, ricky van wolfswinkle for 5.5m vincent kompany 900k and connor whickham for 2.3m aswell as a few youth players. so far in november iam 15th and out the league cup, wolfswinkle has been hit and miss scoring 4 getting sent off twice in 12 games, but cant seem to get the best out of my team yet.

Haven't heard of anything like that Blackend. Have the other leagues generated fixture lists?

Sounds horribly like you might have to restart.

The only fixtures happening anywhere are the Champions league and EURO cup fixtures. None of the other leagues have started either and the transfer window just closed :/ Even though no matches are being played, the Manchester United and Fulham manager's jobs are at risk :p

The only fixtures happening anywhere are the Champions league and EURO cup fixtures. None of the other leagues have started either and the transfer window just closed :/ Even though no matches are being played, the Manchester United and Fulham manager's jobs are at risk :p

I saw someone on the bugs forum saying that he'd started his 3rd season and had a similar issue, though he started the game unemployed, he was asked by the SI staff member on the forum whether he had installed the 11.1.1 hotfix patch before starting his game...so might be something to do with that.

Going back to earlier signings, have I missed something when trying to get Fazio and Ninis - checked them out having seen their names on this forum and went for both of them. How did you get Fazio for £550k - he's valued at £4mil on my game and when I tried get him on loan, no deal. I got a loan offer agreed for Ninis but he wouldn't even look at a contract offer - was it something I said? ANy tips as to what i might have missed would be appreciated!

Cheers

Has anyone tried out Fraser Forster in goal? He's just gotten an England cap on my game having only made a couple appearances in cup games so far.

It's the same with Andy Carroll for me. He is about my 4th choice striker but he has 3 England caps and 1 goal.

Going back to earlier signings, have I missed something when trying to get Fazio and Ninis - checked them out having seen their names on this forum and went for both of them. How did you get Fazio for £550k - he's valued at £4mil on my game and when I tried get him on loan, no deal. I got a loan offer agreed for Ninis but he wouldn't even look at a contract offer - was it something I said? ANy tips as to what i might have missed would be appreciated!

Cheers

I went in for Fazio right at the very start of the 1st season, he was transfer listed for 550,000. This was on the same day I gave my 'welcome to Newcastle' to Newcastle press conference. Could be that if you wait a little longer he gets taken off the list. Also I had started the game before patching to the 11.1.1 patch...not sure if that makes a difference.

Archived