FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

heres Kadar on my save. He's not too good in the air but should improve in a few seasons. Is quite pacey for a centre back though i suppose. His average rating is pretty decent aswell.

kadarr.png

Are anybody's youngsters improving dramatically?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much did you have to offer Roque Santa Cruz on wages Sean?

He was asking for crazy amounts from us and I pulled out of the deal, I'm trying to be pretty tight with wages this time round.

Roque's on £67k, bit high I know but having sold Smith, Xisco and R.Taylor I had quite a bit to play with. He's looking like he may be worth it, 3 games played, 2 goals and an assist :thup:

Just another transfer update before I play my first league game Man Utd (A), followed by Chelsea (A)...

The transfers I've made since my last update:

IN:

Tom Cairney - CM - £2.4m

Uros Cosic - CB - £850k (Joins in January)

OUT:

Joey Barton - £3.3m - Paying the git £37k per week til 2012 as well. So by the time his contract ends I'll have paid him £500k more than Fulham paid me.

Adjei - Ln fee £24K

Will update at the end of September with good news (I hope)

[quote=OutClassed;6116304

IN:

Tom Cairney - CM - £2.4m

Two nice finds there mate :thup: I have asked my scouts to take a closer look although Uros Cosic has just moved to Anzhi on loan.

Roque's on £67k, bit high I know but having sold Smith, Xisco and R.Taylor I had quite a bit to play with. He's looking like he may be worth it, 3 games played, 2 goals and an assist :thup:

Fair play to you...I couldn't get him to budge below 75k, and he kept trying to sneak in the match top wage earner clause. Definitely looks worth it though if he keeps that up for you. :thup:

Proud of my scout for Cosic!

Fuming- just lost 4-1 to Man U. Vidic was sent off after 5 minutes, and I went 1-0 up. However, every shot they took- Krul would pound it away and somewhere in the 18 yard box it'd always fall to one of their players and they'd put it in an empty net with my defenders trying to close them down. This happens for 3 of their goals, 'cept number 4 which was a 30 yard screamer. Honestly thought I'd have a good chance at a point.

Just another transfer update before I play my first league game Man Utd (A), followed by Chelsea (A)...

The transfers I've made since my last update:

IN:

Tom Cairney - CM - £2.4m

OUT:

Joey Barton - £3.3m - Paying the git £37k per week til 2012 as well. So by the time his contract ends I'll have paid him £500k more than Fulham paid me.

Adjei - Ln fee £24K

Will update at the end of September with good news (I hope)

I've taken Cairney on loan from Chelsea in my game, he looks pretty class. I haven't bothered trying to offload Barton, I just know I'll end up paying him a fortune like that.

Wow, Victor Moses is a beast! I've been playing Carroll and RSC up front but Santa Cruz picked up an injury for Paraguay so stuck Moses in for West Ham at home. We ended with a comfortable 2-0 win, Moses scored 1 and set up the other for Carroll. Then against Hull at home (they got promoted) I stuck with the same combo of them 2 up front and Emanuelson at AML. Forty seconds in Carroll get's hauled down and awarded a penalty, Emanuelson stepped up to tuck it away. Then Moses took centre stage, sneaking at at the back post to make it 2 from an Emanuelson cross. Ten minutes later Carroll breaks free and plays a superb ball for Moses to run onto and tuck away, 3-0. After half time I stuck with my gameplan and carried on the onslaught. Carroll takes down a lofted pass from O'Hara on his chest, swivels on the ball and lays it on again for Moses to slot away to make it 4 and finish his hattrick. Not happy with that, in the 86th minute boy wonder Moses chases down Ian Ashbee and wins the ball about 45 yards from goal. He takes it on, skinning 4 Hull players in the process, then hits a shot with the outside of his foot which swerves wildly and hits the angle between post and bar to hit the back of the net and make it 5-0.

All hail Moses \0/

I have just accepted the Belgium job so with there brilliant young talent lets see if i can make them a contender for major honours.

My World cup qualifying group consits of Estonia, Croatia, Israel, Slovakia, Moldova so i would say it's between us and Croatia to be winners of the group.

I have just accepted the Belgium job so with there brilliant young talent lets see if i can make them a contender for major honours.

My World cup qualifying group consits of Estonia, Croatia, Israel, Slovakia, Moldova so i would say it's between us and Croatia to be winners of the group.

I wouldn't write Israel out of that equation by the way, difficult place to get a result I believe.

But congrats on taking the Belgium job...and I hope you'll let us know how some of that brialliant young talent shapes up ;)

Nice win mate ^^^. You sticking with Lualua? Hows he doing for you? I think he's going to keep the AMR spot on my game. Seems quite decent.

I picked up Cairney (as a few people have) in January for £1.8M. Fits perfectly in the deep lying playmaker role :)

cairney.png

That was his 1st match after coming back, and i haven't been able to play him since because of cup ties. But I'm just as surprised at that match as you are, as the average game for me would be a 1-0 win! Before this match I was really struggling for goals, and then I get a 3-0 win and then this!

fixturesv.jpg

Here's the evidence!

Have no complaints about Barton in the initial dislike list. I am not his biggest fan with his injury and off-field problems but he has started well this season. He has also largely kept his temperament in control. Still I will like to see more of him and I guess if he keeps it up, the list and attributes such as his temperament will be rightly reviewed in January.

Til the end of the WC from what I saw in the data issues forum.

Barton has made massive changes in his off-field life, and I admire him for it. Why SI decided to put him on the disliked list is anyone's guess (I'm sure there are enough reasons to justify it), but he wouldn't be on mine. I am a huge believer in that everybody deserves a second chance if they put in the effort to merit one. Joey Barton is now completely teetotal, which takes a determined and positive attitude. While most of the team celebrated winning the Championship at the end of last season by getting drunk on lager, champagne, etc., Barton and Alan Smith were drinking tea.

He was one of a number of things that inspired me to quit smoking, and I have now gone nearly 4 weeks without a cigarette :).

I truly believe that his new attitude has been the major factor behind his good performances of late. He was wound up from start to finish against Wolves, and refused to snap. I was never his biggest fan when he was a bad boy, but I think he is truly inspirational now.

Also, I agree with what was mentioned about Laurent Robert. I don't know any of my Newcastle-supporting friends (trust me, there are a good few), that don't have a soft spot for Robert. His crosses and set-pieces were sublime, but I think it may have something to do with how he left the club, which I don't know too much about.

That was his 1st match after coming back, and i haven't been able to play him since because of cup ties. But I'm just as surprised at that match as you are, as the average game for me would be a 1-0 win! Before this match I was really struggling for goals, and then I get a 3-0 win and then this!

That's a cracking run of results after the Fulham game. Good luck for the Carling cup final

Barton has made massive changes in his off-field life, and I admire him for it. Why SI decided to put him on the disliked list is anyone's guess (I'm sure there are enough reasons to justify it), but he wouldn't be on mine. I am a huge believer in that everybody deserves a second chance if they put in the effort to merit one. Joey Barton is now completely teetotal, which takes a determined and positive attitude. While most of the team celebrated winning the Championship at the end of last season by getting drunk on lager, champagne, etc., Barton and Alan Smith were drinking tea.

He was one of a number of things that inspired me to quit smoking, and I have now gone nearly 4 weeks without a cigarette :).

I truly believe that his new attitude has been the major factor behind his good performances of late. He was wound up from start to finish against Wolves, and refused to snap. I was never his biggest fan when he was a bad boy, but I think he is truly inspirational now.

Shame he just let himself down again in last night's game against Blackburn, he'll be out for 3 games now which will be a big miss for Newcastle.Cue crucifiction by the media

Also, I agree with what was mentioned about Laurent Robert. I don't know any of my Newcastle-supporting friends (trust me, there are a good few), that don't have a soft spot for Robert. His crosses and set-pieces were sublime, but I think it may have something to do with how he left the club, which I don't know too much about.

I agree with everything you have said here Trilo_G. Until last night Barton has been a model pro on and off the field since coming back into the team late last season and me and all my mates love him. There was even a there's only one Joey Barton chant at last nights game.

The same with Laurent Robert the bloke was a genius and i loved him on the pitch his free kicks were sensational and his crossing was unbelievable even Alan Shearer said he was the best winger in the Premier league as half his goals were from Robert's crosses. I can't remember him ever critising the club when he left either he fell out with Graeme Souness as a number of players did but never as far as i can remeber said anything bad a NUFC.

Made it through the transfer window and managed to offload a few players eventually. In addition to the players already sold I managed to shift Alan Smith for a princely 100k, Vukic and Ranger went out on season long loans. Ameobi, Tozer, Perch and Soderberg eventually joined them (god knows they took some selling though). I accepted Marseille's loan bid for Goncalves, for some reason it seemed to be almost every club in the French league came in for him. Toward the end of the transfer window I decided to list Kevin Nolan in an attempt to get his wages out of the budget and newly promoted Burnley, Bolton and Stoke put bids in for him with Kev opting to join Burnley. The final player out the door was Kadar after i decided to accept Portsmouth's overtures.

Having already brought in Rosicky, Charlie Adam and Pavlyuchenko I got a bit busier in the market. Have signed up a couple of young english talents in Tom Cairney on loan and Connor Wickham from Ipswich (500k upfront and 4 million over 48 months), another couple of young talents Sotiris Ninis and Denys Garmash (young DM/MC from Kiev) also came in. Right at the death Machester City listed Balotelli again (weirdly he was lsited earlier in the summer, then removed from the list) and I managed to get him to accept an offer, and as back up I signed Julian Faubert and Gianluca Zanbrotta on frees.

With the new faces in place I was looking forward to the season, but things got off to an inauspicious start with a 2-1 defeat at Wolves. 2 defensive blunders cost us, Fazio clearing a ball straight to Fletcher and then Barton deflecting a cross into his own net. The next game was a 1-1 draw away to Spurs where we really struggled to get into the game.

To add to the dodgy start I got drawn in a Champion's league group with Real Madrid, Porto and Dinamo Moscow.....not really looking forward to the Bernabeu.

Lovin all the seasons that you boys have got on the go with my beloved toon. IM just over half way with mine but not doing aswell as some of you guys! ill put some screenies up in a bit.

colnufc scott1892 and outclassed your games look awesome. wish i had built those type of squads! i hope i get some of these class players on the transfer list at the end of the season aswell.

Untitled.jpg[/img]

This is the league table as of january 22nd. and ive had some pretty sweet results especially against the big 4

Untitled11.jpg

This is definately my proudest result so far...much like last sunday!

Untitledv1212.jpg

ive brought in sylvinho on a free and got lichtsteiner on loan from lazio with a future fee of 4mil. hipe to get him and ben arfa on permanents and am currently courting theo jansen from twente who will be a beast at set pieces hopefully as i am not blessed in that department! Lansbury from Arsenal on loam has been epic and madse the board and fans happy with his performances. also xisco has been a man mountain and the mega bitchy andy carroll wants a transfer as he hates taylor...true to life there then. id much rather have them just kill eachother in training and then be good on the pitch like reality!:thup:

opinion and advice welcome.

back in real life big 3 points at SJP on saturday gets us half way to 40 and the promise land for another year! MON THE TOON!!

Some good results there GeordieJohn and well done bagging Lichtsteiner, I got offered him in first season and decided not to bother. Only to check his stats later and find him absolutely tearing it up....sod.

If your strikers stay in form I'll bet you finish higher than 6th looking at your results there.

Some good results there GeordieJohn and well done bagging Lichtsteiner, I got offered him in first season and decided not to bother. Only to check his stats later and find him absolutely tearing it up....sod.

If your strikers stay in form I'll bet you finish higher than 6th looking at your results there.

cheers mate your season is looking class also. do you think its a bug with all these players on the list?? likes of kaka rooney balotelli being offered around. carroll is losing form for me now he is unhappy but if i get some wonga looking at lukaku(sp) from Anderlecht. liking the fact you are getting the NUFC greats on the coaching team, if only we could get in king kev, shearer, terry mc adn DENNIS WISE....hang on forget the last one... :)

cheers mate your season is looking class also. do you think its a bug with all these players on the list?? likes of kaka rooney balotelli being offered around. carroll is losing form for me now he is unhappy but if i get some wonga looking at lukaku(sp) from Anderlecht. liking the fact you are getting the NUFC greats on the coaching team, if only we could get in king kev, shearer, terry mc adn DENNIS WISE....hang on forget the last one... :)

Maybe you could offer Wise a role as mascot???

Lukaku is being touted as a potential worldbeater irl isn't he, so if you can get him I would go for it. Carroll hasn't really pulled up any stumps for me yet, but he has been very unlucky with injuries so far....him and Taylor haven't fallen out yet so that's a relief.

there's been a lot of posts on the Bugs forum about so many big name players being transfer listed for low prices so I think there might be a bug there. I get the feeling the bug might be to do with AI managers being too quick to transfer players during a dispute perhaps.

i think it happens with your own players aswell though. on my demo game i transfer listed alan smith and nolan, barton, taylor enrigue and xisco all requested them on that grounds. this new interaction thing seems a little week to me. great idea but so flawed. i mean carroll has newc listed as his fav team and he is pretty loyal so its crazy he would request transfer especially with my team in top half.

so i made the most of my time off work and pulled an all nighter to get my 1st season done with. and as the night wore on it became apparent that after crazy suspensions and a crippling injury list my dream of europe was crumbling, after wolves won the league cup it was 4 into 2 for europa league. between us,everton,liverpool and bolton, however my players got back just in time and a fantastic derby win sparked the revival. David moyes left everton and this meant they failed to win anything! sadly my 6th place was not enough after wierd cup winners went on with spurs getting the f.a cup so teams that finished 17th and 9th got the european riches instead of my heroes!!! ben arfa is my top player this season and i just hope i can get him on a permanent.

Untitled133.jpg

Untitled222.jpg

Untitled124.jpg

Just finished my first season with Newcastle on FM 2011.

It was a tough old season but i finished mid table.

pos----won----drawn----lost----for----ag----gd----pts

12-------16-------4-------18-----70---80-----10----52

I was the second highest scoring team in the league but also conceded the second highest amount of goals.

My top scorer was Andy Carroll scoring 22 goals in 46 games but 21 of those game in the league in 38 aps.

I really struggled to sign and sell players

I managed to sign

Jose Concalves - free

Roland Juhasz - 1.6m

Kamil Vacek - Loan Fee 22k

Frederico Macheda - Loan Fee 400k

Sold

Xisco - 2.5m

I got to the Final of the League Cup losing 4-2 to sunderland

I got to the Forth round of the FA Cup losing 1-0 to sunderland (I also lost home and away to Sunderland in the League 3-1 at home and 4-0 at the stadium of light

My first game of the season i lost 7-1 to Man U and also during the season i lost 7-0 to Stoke. They were the worst defeats apart from losing to Sunderland 4 TIMES IN ONE SEASON!!!!

I will build my team around Carroll, Juasz, Vuckic apart from them 3 the rest of the Squad is terrible.

Any ideas who i should try to sign?

Rivaldo has been ce for me, so see if his contracts run out at the club he went to...

September was a horrible month.

Everton - Won 2-0

Sunderland - Lost 1-3

Derby - Lost 2-3

West Ham - Drew 1-1

4 points from 9, and I was kind of expecting at least 5. October sees me play Spurs, Villa and Bolton- so three points from those games will do nicely. But just lost 0-1 to Blackpool (A).

Just finished second season now, had an unreal season. Was beautiful to watch at times except when liverpool and arsenal thrashed me 4-0 in the last few games which prevented me winning the league. I managed to finish second though so you cannot grumble. Champions League went well, had quite a nice draw throughout. Got Hamburg, Rubin, Sevilla then Lyon in the final which I won 3-2. Also won the FA Cup 2-0 against Aston Villa! Happy Days at the toon

so i made the most of my time off work and pulled an all nighter to get my 1st season done with. and as the night wore on it became apparent that after crazy suspensions and a crippling injury list my dream of europe was crumbling, after wolves won the league cup it was 4 into 2 for europa league. between us,everton,liverpool and bolton, however my players got back just in time and a fantastic derby win sparked the revival. David moyes left everton and this meant they failed to win anything! sadly my 6th place was not enough after wierd cup winners went on with spurs getting the f.a cup so teams that finished 17th and 9th got the european riches instead of my heroes!!! ben arfa is my top player this season and i just hope i can get him on a permanent.

That's harsh missing out on Europe like that John, damn shame. Did you manage to grab Ben Arfa on permanent deal?

Just finished my first season with Newcastle on FM 2011.

I got to the Final of the League Cup losing 4-2 to sunderland

I got to the Forth round of the FA Cup losing 1-0 to sunderland (I also lost home and away to Sunderland in the League 3-1 at home and 4-0 at the stadium of light

My first game of the season i lost 7-1 to Man U and also during the season i lost 7-0 to Stoke. They were the worst defeats apart from losing to Sunderland 4 TIMES IN ONE SEASON!!!!

Ouch...that must have stung.

Good thing about FM, at least the chance for revenge comes around fast! Here's hoping you muller them next season. :thup:

Our reputation has went to Worldwide now as well so the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Fabregas, Aguero, Torres, Iniesta etc are all interested in coming to the Toon revolution.

Oh happy days :D.

Jammy sod :p

Enjoy it mate, I had a tycoon take over on FM09 I think it was and it does make for some happy days.

He has also agreed to expand SJP as well :D.

It's a shame i can't play FM over the next couple of days as i am going to see Peter Kay tonight then the match tomorrow followed by watching David Haye destroy Harrison.

Think Fraudley will finally call it a day if Haye knocks him out?

After the slightly sticky start I had to the second season with 2 away games the team kicked into gear slightly and we've won 8 straight matches in all competitions. My strikers are still struggling for consistency, much the same as the first half of last season, Balotelli scored on his debut and then barely troubled the goal in his next three matches before scoring again. Much the same story with Suazo and Pav.

th_NewcastleUnitedNewcastle_Fixtures-4.png

However it appears i don't need strikers as Federico Fazio has decided to win us games all on his own, he currently has 9 goals in 9 games (including 2 hattricks), 2 assists and 7 MoMs. He's an absolute beast this season....how long before Madrid or Barca come sniffing around I wonder.

th_FedericoFazioProfile_Attributes.png

th_NewcastlevCrystalPalaceInformation_Overview.png

th_FulhamvNewcastleInformation_Overview.png

Archived