FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just dealt a massive blow in the title race. Basically us and Tottenham have been going stride for stride, and have left the rest of the teams about 13 points behind. There was only really 1 game in it as they were only 4 points behind. So they came up to St. James' knowing a win could well put them in a position to push on and take the title. Also most of my big players were in the 80's for condition, so didn't really want to risk playing them incase of injuries, so went into the game with a slightly understrength team. Up front I had to play Moses and Ranger, who both scored 1 and set the other up to give us a 2-1 win after Kranjcar opened the scoring, knocking the wind out of Spurs' sails and could well have given us the title :D

Well as expected I got beat at the Nou Camp, but luckily it was 3-1 so we're through on away goals! We got battered in the first half but managed to keep it down to 1-0 from 17 shots. Were quite unlucky to concede the other 2 early in the second half to make it 3-3 on aggregate. On comes a slightly injured Roque Santa Cruz and slots home an easy tap in thanks to a class run from Andy Carroll. So chuffed with this :D

A slightly injured Roque Santa Cruz.........that's an expression he's probably familiar with!

Fantastic result though mate, well done indeed........my all time favourite result was way, way back on CM 97/98 with Aberdeen, got to the semis against Barca getting clobbered 4-1 there only to pull out a 3-0 win at Pittodrie and go through on away goals. (We beat Arsenal 3-2 in the final, coming from 2-0 down). I've never quite managed anything like it since with the Dons.

Happy days

2011-2012 Season

Pre-Season

Andy Carroll is pretty mad at me because I didn't back down over Steven Taylor (Carroll was upset that he was playing/Captain for a game). Carroll then wanted a transfer, which I rejected. He's in his last year of contract now, so will probably end up seeing him go for nothing at the end of the season, or cheap in Jan. No one wanted him in the Summer - offered him out between £7m,-£10m.

Early doors to pre-season saw Ben Arfa return home, and OM rejected every offer I made for him. Along came some random agent saying I could have Dries Mertens for £2.2m - great! I didn't have any money though as the 'new season budget' had kicked in, so asked Mike Ashley to spare some funds. Surprisingly he agreed that Mertens would be a great addition for £2.2m and went about organising a deal.

bigmikeattacks.png

Sadly, Big Mike must have offered a few cheap Sports Direct mugs, as Mertens decided he'd be better off at Napoli. Not the best start to the transfer window, but not to worry. The new season officially started, and a £5m transfer budget was offered for a mid-table finish, so I took it.

201112pretransfers.png

James Forrest and David Wotherspoon came in after they impressed on their loans the season before. Their future transfer fee agreement saved some good pennies, even if Alan Shearer was unsure about Forrest causing potential upset in the dressing room. Most of the deals were cheap ones, a part from a potential £5m for a young 16 year old Czech striker who the scouts said had bags of potential.

Knowing that I'd probably be losing Andy Carroll at some point this season, I decided to find a potential replacement.

27 year old Fabbiani seemed decent and cheaper enough.

When the chance to sign Woodgate and Shevchenko came up, I couldn't resist - even if it did eat into the remainder of the wage budget.

Steve Harper went to Fulham and within a day of him joining Mark Hughes was talking up José Enrique. Strangely, before Harper left, he had noted that he worked well with Enrique, so Harper probably tipped Hughes off.

Season 2 Review

Well there's another season over, with another trophy in the bag. But this time it's a bit more prestigious than the League Cup :)

After my last update I'd just beaten Spurs to send us 7 points clear with 9 games left to play. As you can see from the final table below, that definitely deflated Tottenham who slumped to the end of the season, accumulating only 9 points from the 27 available. After claiming the title with 3 games to spare, our penultimate game ended with a 3-0 victory in the home tie of the Tyne-Wear derby. Unfortunately my reserves couldn't handle a strong Arsenal team, who won at the Emirates 2-0 to finish off a wonderful season.

2012leaguetable.png

In the Cups

As I said earlier, we went out in the 4th round of the League Cup at Villa Park. We didn't have much luck in the FA Cup either, a late Michael Carrick goal dumped us out in the 6th round replay at old Trafford.

In the Champions League we had a very good run considering it was our first time in the competition for a long time. As posted before, I got through the group stage and managed to knock out giants Barcelona in the first knockout round. Next up was Udinese who we beat 1-0 at St. James' Park thanks to a Andy Carroll header. Unfortunately we flopped in the second leg and eventually slumped to a 2-0 defeat after extra time. Better luck next year eh?

2012championsleaguepath.png

The Squad

2012squad.png

We're also under a takeover offer from a consortium who want Martin O'Niell as their manager /0\ Hopefully I hit lucky like Col and they drop out and a Tycoon comes in!

EDIT: I realise I've messed up the squad picture, nevermind lol.

I made approaches to bring in Pippo 'King of the Offisde' Inzaghi and Jari Litmanen on free transfers, hoping to have Pippo tutor my younger strikers, help them be a little more predatory and Jari impart some touch and technique. Pippo said he was impressed with our offer...came back next day to turn us down, and when I offered him a new deal he wanted 11,7500 a week.

dead in the water then

Chris, hope those young Scottish lads can hlp you push on...bit of a gamble on Hopalong Woody though isn't it?

Best defender so far after 3 games, even called back into the England squad! Few adjustments to his training (lowered physical training) should help ease the stress on his hamstrings.

Best defender so far after 3 games, even called back into the England squad! Few adjustments to his training (lowered physical training) should help ease the stress on his hamstrings.

Awwwww...turning back the years! :thup: Hope he can keep it up for you. Would be great to see him back playing in reality....for Spurs, or anyone for that matter.

Right I'm having a bit of a clearout in the close season as I think while I have won the league and have a pretty decent squad, there are too many "average" players who can easily be improved on. I'm selling both Tiote and Kouyate (was going to keep the latter to develop but he wants out for some reason) so needing a ball winner as I only really have Gago as a more defensive midfielder. Both Momo Sissoko and Felipe Melo are up for sale, both are willing to come. Sooo, who should I go for? Both want roughly £60k in wages, but I'm finding it hard to get good players on lower wages so am willing to pay it.

EDIT: Scratch that, Melo rejected the £62k I offered first then when I went back he wanted £145k! Got Sissoko for £0 on a £58k contract :)

Right I'm having a bit of a clearout in the close season as I think while I have won the league and have a pretty decent squad, there are too many "average" players who can easily be improved on. I'm selling both Tiote and Kouyate (was going to keep the latter to develop but he wants out for some reason) so needing a ball winner as I only really have Gago as a more defensive midfielder. Both Momo Sissoko and Felipe Melo are up for sale, both are willing to come. Sooo, who should I go for? Both want roughly £60k in wages, but I'm finding it hard to get good players on lower wages so am willing to pay it.

Sean have you had a look at Yann M'Vila from Stade Rennais? He's a decent looking ballwinner and in my game looking to move to a bigger club and is only on about £11,500 wages. Graham Carr rates him as about equal to Fazio potential wise.

Sean have you had a look at Yann M'Vila from Stade Rennais? He's a decent looking ballwinner and in my game looking to move to a bigger club and is only on about £11,500 wages. Graham Carr rates him as about equal to Fazio potential wise.

Yeah I've looked at him, I had him on FM10 twice. Unfortunately he signed for Lyon last January so would cost me upwards of £16m, and he's on £45k a week there too. Cheers though :thup:

Yeah I've looked at him, I had him on FM10 twice. Unfortunately he signed for Lyon last January so would cost me upwards of £16m, and he's on £45k a week there too. Cheers though :thup:

Curses.....foiled again!! :p

Suppose you can console yourself with Sissoko on a free though, not exactly a bad alternative

Curses.....foiled again!! :p

Suppose you can console yourself with Sissoko on a free though, not exactly a bad alternative

Aye I suppose he'll do :p That means my MCd duo of Sissoko and Gago have cost precisely zero pounds haha

On a different note, anyone find it more or less impossible to sell players for more than their value? It's quite hard to let of my real life favourites (Jonas, Tiote etc...)go for such low prices :(

The summer transfer window is now shut and it say a flurry of activity, both inwards and outwards.

Ins (Italics denotes regen)

James Milner - £3m (over 48 months) plus £2m after 25 league games

Ismail Aissati - Free

Jonathan Biabiany - Free

Kevin Gameiro - Free

Javier Valle - £550k

Breno - Free

Sergio Asenjo - Free

Yury Zhirkov - Free

Mohamed Sissoko - Free

Total Spend - £5.5m

Outs

Enzo Maresca - Free

Shola Ameobi - Free

Joey Barton - Free

Ben Tozer - Free

Shane Ferguson - Free

Cheik Tiote - £1.5m

Jose Goncalves - £1m

Cheikou Kouyate - Loan (£30k fee with £2.5m buy out clause)

Mike Williamson - £1m

Johan Vonlanthen - £3m

Jonas - £3.7m

Wayne Routledge - £2m

Leon Best - £1m

Tim Krul - Loan

Jamie O'Hara - £3m

Jeremy Helan - Loan

Yven Moyo - Loan

Total Income - £16.25m

So with a profit of just over £10m, I think I've improved the squad quite a lot (thank god for frees!)

Squad

GK: Amelia, Asenjo, Forster

DR: Hutton, Simpson

DL: Enrique, Figueroa

DC: Yobo, S.Taylor

DC: Coloccini, Breno, Kadar

MR: Biabiany, Guthrie, LuaLua

MCd: Sissoko, Gago

MCa: Milner, Aissati, Vuckic

AML: Zhirkov, Emanuelson

ST: Santa Cruz, Gamerio, Moses

ST: Carroll, Ranger

Now for this tycoon... :D

Just about to start my 3rd season. I finished 4th in the League and so i`m in the Champions League but i have to beat Inter to progress to the group stages. Wish me Luck.

Arsenal and Man United under achieved!!! Love it

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1238/strangeseason.jpg

My Team in 2012/13

GK - Krul, Ochoa

DR - Gosling, Perch, R.Taylor

DC - Kadar, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Juhasz, Galeano

DL - Jose Enrique, Zhirkov

MC/AMC - M.Diarra, M`Vila, Jenas, Nolan, Alan Patrick, Christian Erickson, Gylfi Sigurosson, Vuckic

SC - Carroll, Lukaku, Kadlec, Sanogo

My 4 strikers were amazing last season

Carroll scored 20 and had 9 assits

Lukaku Scored 12 and had 17 assits

Kadlec scored 20 and had 12 assits

Sanogo scored 19 and 8 assits

I hope they continue their great form into my new season.

Also i had a board takeover

Leon Crouch took over as owner gave me no money, no investment either, even after stating he was planning to wipe out the clubs debt

Tim Burton as Man Dir

Ryan Sills as Dir

Sunny Mody as Dir

Richard MacRae as Dir Ft

They were all english too.

Also is anyone else having problems selling players? I struggle even to give players away for free!!! really annoying problem!

Capture-1.jpg

Looking forward to a long day today of FM, so I thought I'd give you all an update of whats happened so far. Just started my second season. My first season was a bit crap on a personal note, but the Cockney Mafia seemed to like it. I ended up finishing 15th - 14 points above the drop zone. But with about 5 games left to go it looked like I was going down for certain!

LeagueTable2010-11.png

In terms of transfers - for the first season, my biggest achievement was getting rid of Xisco and his wages! Also managed to do a swap deal - Shola for Hugo Rodallega

NewcastleUnitedTransfers_History.png

Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan both wanted me to get rid of Steven Taylor, dunno if anyone has had the same problem? But it really annoyed me when they would skip training and generally be unhappy and request to be transferred all the time! Not good! So I bit the bullet in the second season and got rid of Andy and then cancelled Nolans contract for a mere 400k. Here are my transfers this season:-

NewcastleUnitedTransfers_History-2.png

This season has been mixed a bag so far, playing brilliantly in pre season but then getting Damien Duffed 7-0 at home to Everton in League. After 7 games though I am up to 12th in league and my objective is mid table. Thank you Mr Ashley.

Captain, brave move shifting on both Carroll and Nolan...hope it works out. Steven Taylor is going great guns for me at the moment alongside Fazio in second season, so I'm hoping Carroll doesn't start complaining about him. On form I might have to shift Andy if he does.

In the middle of a decent run of league results, and I had a game away at Chelsea, followed by home match with the unbeaten Man Utd (in fact they'd only dropped 2 points altogether). Grabbed a good defensive win at Stamford bridge, coming on top 3-1 with a couple break away goals. Then walloped Man Utd 4-1 the following week.

th_ChelseavNewcastleInformation_Overview-2.png

th_NewcastlevManUtdInformation_Overview-3.png

After those 2 fantastic results we went to a certain stadium not too far away...and were lucky to escape with a 2-2 draw....probably our worst performance so far. Battered for most of the match. Players earned their first real rollocking of the season.

I see you've got Galeano at DC, is that the young lad from Independiente that a lot of folks are raving about? Any good for you so far?

He`s only played 1 game so far for me, But he`s touted as the next Walter Samuel so i have high hopes for him.

Just managed to squeeze past Inter. Lost 1-0 but Ochoa saved a pen and then was heroic during the Penalty Shoot Out!!!

b97cbb1d80.jpg

GROUP STAGES HERE I COME!!!

Finally i get to play FM all day today the game date is 1st December 2012 so not long untill my spending spree :D.

I think i'll start to try and unsettle the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero and co to try and get them to put in transfer requests and get them for value :D.

Mario Balotelli is starting to do my head in with his long shots from daft areas of the pitch when there are better options in front of him and he refuses to unlearn his shoots from distance ppm :mad:.

Finally i get to play FM all day today the game date is 1st December 2012 so not long untill my spending spree :D.

I think i'll start to try and unsettle the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero and co to try and get them to put in transfer requests and get them for value :D.

Mario Balotelli is starting to do my head in with his long shots from daft areas of the pitch when there are better options in front of him and he refuses to unlearn his shoots from distance ppm :mad:.

Col what role are you playing him in?

Col what role are you playing him in?

As a poacher mainly but i have tried complete forward and deep lying forward support and attack roles as well and he refuses to play in his team mates and insits on having 30+ yards shots .

As a poacher mainly but i have tried complete forward and deep lying forward support and attack roles as well and he refuses to play in his team mates and insits on having 30+ yards shots .

He's been playing poacher for me and hasn't been too crazy with the long shots so far, even has a couple assists I think. I haven't bothered trying him in other roles, his teamwork and workrate are pretty pathetic really.

He's been playing poacher for me and hasn't been too crazy with the long shots so far, even has a couple assists I think. I haven't bothered trying him in other roles, his teamwork and workrate are pretty pathetic really.

Are you playing upfront on his own or with another forward ?

Looks like I'm going to lose both Ranger and Kadar on frees in the summer due to stupid agents :(

Both have pushed on this season and have become rotation players. Kadar has a rating of 7.2 in 6 appearances, and Ranger has scored 5 in 11. Both of their contracts are running out and I've just went to offer them new ones. I put rotation and gave them a wage increase of about £12k each, so both would be earning about £20k-£25k. Both of their agents have a willingness rating of 3 so neither would budge on their demands of £48k and £51k respectively. That's ridiculous wages for rotation players, but I'm in 2 minds whether to accept it as they've both been really good.

Just in Jan first season and not a lot of money to play with. Impossible to shift Ameobi or Best- but looking like Raylor will be going out in a swap deal for Gunter (hopefully). After a young DM, Zargo Toure, for around £700k so I can bring him in and move Smith out in the summer. The guy also looks like he could be retrained to CB as well!

Well I eventually got Kadar and Ranger to accept lower contracts on Backup status. Unfortunately I've still lost Kadar as Mike Ashley said a £5m offer from Fulham was too much to turn down :(

What are the club finances like?

Do you feel its entirely unrealistic?

In the third season, have £35m in the bank. Kadar was worth £3.8m so I think £5m isn't exactly "too good to refuse."

Hmm, probably not. I'll keep an eye out for more, could be related to the low transfer fees flying around.

Just reached the January transfer window in my second season and the young spanish winger I'd scouted earlier arrived at the club. I'd arranged a 2.3 million deal for Mikel Torres from Espanyol, he's 17yo and when he arrived I put him into my under 18s squad.

Next thing I know he's demanding a chat and stating that he's very disappointed to be in the reserves, so I tell him to prove himself there and I'll pick him....now he's demanding a transfer on the same day as he signed!!!

Son of a.......

Just reached the January transfer window in my second season and the young spanish winger I'd scouted earlier arrived at the club. I'd arranged a 2.3 million deal for Mikel Torres from Espanyol, he's 17yo and when he arrived I put him into my under 18s squad.

Next thing I know he's demanding a chat and stating that he's very disappointed to be in the reserves, so I tell him to prove himself there and I'll pick him....now he's demanding a transfer on the same day as he signed!!!

Son of a.......

I have had the same problem with most of my youngsters that i have signed for the future it must be a bug as the squad status of the players is either a decent youngster or hot prospect not a first team player.

I have had the same problem with most of my youngsters that i have signed for the future it must be a bug as the squad status of the players is either a decent youngster or hot prospect not a first team player.

That's going to get very irritating if every decent youngster throws a strop at playing for your youth team...

And it does seem almost impossible to generate interest in anyone but your best players.

Archived