FM11: Newcastle United Team Guide @ Sports Interactive @ SJP.com

ChrisNUFC

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch

Unbeaten in the league, haven't conceded a goal even. Creditable performance by the youngsters against Chelsea in the League cup...went into second Champion's League match with some optimism.

Bayern Munich at the Alianz Arena....4-0, 2 from Thomas Mueller, 2 from Mario Gomez

Squished

Wonderful, now he likely won't be 100% for Bolton. When did this recent trend of Newcastle fans caring about England start anyway?

I was wishing Andy good luck...wasn't saying anything one way or the other about England. I'm hoping he doesn't make his injury any worse for the weeknd, but it's his choice to play for them after all.

Another OG cost us, this time Coloccini straight after HT and we never looked steady after. 2-1 loss at Anfield. Currently 9th on 47pts behind Man City (game in hand) and Villa who have 52 pts and Bolton taking the last Euro spot with 56pts. Looks like I need a miracle to qualify,

Another OG cost us, this time Coloccini straight after HT and we never looked steady after. 2-1 loss at Anfield. Currently 9th on 47pts behind Man City (game in hand) and Villa who have 52 pts and Bolton taking the last Euro spot with 56pts. Looks like I need a miracle to qualify,

That's a bad run with the OGs there.....how're things looking on the miracle front?

Alrite, played 3 seasons and here's some tips to share

Players you should keep -

1. Krul - A very reliable keeper, very consistent, just have 2 blunders so far which is acceptable. Unless you have the money for a world class keeper e.g. Akinfeev, Krul is your choice.

2. Steven Taylor - Overrated in the game. Has been great at both RB and CB. Everyone knows how problematic the right back position is and Taylor is the only one you can rely on. I am able to extend his contract on Dec by just 35k ppw so unlike real life he is your future.

3. Enrique - One of the best LB in the game. No brainer again.

4. Vuckic - It may be depends on the tactic you use, but as my "advanced playmaker" he is able to get a avg rating of 7.42 in my second season, score 8 goals and give 14 assists. Seems to have a great vision and always give out key pass despite passing attribute is just 13.

5. Ryan Taylor - Acceptable cover for right back and right midfielder, and provide certain assists by set pieces.

Players you should get rid -

1. Forster - Sorry but it's too luxury to have two young promising GK when your transfer budget is just 1.5m. I didn't intentionally sell him but Chelsea offer me 6.75m so Ashley "just do it'.

2. Coloccini - Underrated in the game. The jumping attribute is too low, and he's lost a lot of header especially when defending corner. If you are able to get Fazio, sell Colo and free up some wages.

3. Simpson, Perch - Nothing particularly bad, just too rubbish.

4. Ranger - Theoratically very promising in real life but I am unable to develop him effectively. Thus sell him for 3m is your best option. I regret not doing so and now just terminate his contract.

5. Carroll - Underrated in the game again, but I know the Dec update will change that. He is let down by his poor finishing (13) and wasted too much chances. I'd have no problem to give him playing time since he can still score goals occationally but once he starts to complain about Taylor, I'd have no choice. This is completely the opposite to real life and may be Chris has to do something about this. I feel very strange to make this choice to be honest.

6. Xisco - He's not bad, but for cash purposes, get rid.

7. Tiote - Underrated in the game again. The attributes are too mediocore and can offer nothing but red card.

Players you should get right in the beginning (very subjective though) -

1. Fazio and Concalves - One for 575k, one for free, no brainer. Fazio can also play as cover for DMC. Too much for a bargain.

2. Dodo - great cover for Enrique and not expensive to make the loan deal permanent.

3. Lukaku - 6m, monthly installments for 48 months, just too good to happen.

4. Verratti - If you decide to cash in Vukcic.

5. Mariga - Transfer-listed by Inter at 2011 Jan, 2m, great value of money.

6. Schelotto and Kadrii - Manage to get them during the end of the 1st season and both performing great, espeically Schelotto, 5 goals in 7 games and earned a call-up 6 months later.

Notes:

1 I do not recommend Rafael because you cannot make the deal permanent (he won't join Newcastle) and the loan fee is too much for Newcastle to pay for. Steven Taylor and Ryan Taylor are good enough for your first season and if you really want to have a good cover, go for Yakubu.

2. I'd tried my very best to sign Ben Arfa but he refuses to join Newcastle. Probably becoz I didn't praise him enough, so bear in mind and try your best to make him fall in love with you before the loan ends.

3. Barton, Smith and Nolan are above-average players and you can rely on them to avoid relegation during the first season. But once you get a replacement, get rid of them to free up wage spaces. Barton is willing to terminate contract for nothing.

Hope the above helps.

Decent summing up there Oscarzero and some good tips. The only things i would disagree with would be with Carroll and Tiote. They have been first team for me for 3 seasons now and are very solid. Both players attributes rise quite a bit so keep playing them and they will improve

Decent summing up there Oscarzero and some good tips. The only things i would disagree with would be with Carroll and Tiote. They have been first team for me for 3 seasons now and are very solid. Both players attributes rise quite a bit so keep playing them and they will improve

I do think Tiote has been underrated though, his passing and tackling looked pretty mediocre and they seemed to be 2 of his strengths from what i've seen of him this season.

Thank god for Feyenoord!

After our 4-0 humbling to Bayern Munich had to face the Dutch team twice in quick succesion and was able to get the Champion's league back on track.

4-0 away at Feyenoord with goals from Jonas, Badelj and 2 from Fazio

4-0 at SJP with goals from Fazio, Badelj and 2 from Balotelli

Can breath a little easier about meeting the boards minimum expectation of reaching the knockout stage...just as well after being knocked out the League cup at the first hurdle by Chelsea

I do think Tiote has been underrated though, his passing and tackling looked pretty mediocre and they seemed to be 2 of his strengths from what i've seen of him this season.

Yeah, no doubt about it. Should get an increase in Jan hopefullly. I just play him as an anchor man and he seems very solid.

Yeah, no doubt about it. Should get an increase in Jan hopefullly. I just play him as an anchor man and he seems very solid.

I ended up letting him go so he could get first team football, not playing a formation with any DMs so he wasn't getting any games for me. I'll look forward to seeing what's like when they do the Jan update.

Nice summary Oscarzero. Some of you guys are doing well with Krul. Is he really that good if you play him from the start. As good as Ochoa?

Ochoa can be picked up at the start for 2.5mil over 48 months. I thought that would have been a better keeper? Maybe Krul really is that good??

Nice summary Oscarzero. Some of you guys are doing well with Krul. Is he really that good if you play him from the start. As good as Ochoa?

Ochoa can be picked up at the start for 2.5mil over 48 months. I thought that would have been a better keeper? Maybe Krul really is that good??

Ochoa was legendary for me on FM10 have to admit, not seen him yet on this version. No idea what Krul's CA or PA is, but he certainly seems to be incredibly reliable if you give him the games. He's now the Dutch keeper in my game, over Stekelenburg and is averaging 7.48 in the league for me this season with 7 clean sheets out of 11 games.

My Belgium side easily qualify for the World Cup in 2014 finishing a massive 10 points clear of my nearest rivals Croatia :D.

The only blip was drawing with Croatia 3-3 at home in a very entertaining game but we got revenge with a 4-1 win in Zagreb.

Belgium qualifying table for World Cup 2014

belgiumqualifyingtablef.jpg

Finally got to give Chelsea some of their own in the League..out of our 10 matches against them, this is only our second win in the league, and only our third overall. Definitely the most convincing as well in terms of possession and chances.

Thats a good win against Chelsea and a great start in the EPL :thup:

How much did Pavlyuchenko cost ? and has he been doing well for you ?.

Thats a good win against Chelsea and a great start in the EPL :thup:

How much did Pavlyuchenko cost ? and has he been doing well for you ?.

Col, Pav cost me 2.5 million in the second season. His first season with us he got 11 goals and 11 assists in 34 starts, average rating was 7.1. So far this season he's got 9 goals and 4 assists in 7 starts, average rating 7.87. I wasn't expecting him to play 2 many games once Dzeko arrived, but due to 2 ankle injuries Pav's had a decent run.

And there must be something wrong with the international fixtures, that's yourself and thirtle earlier posted shots of of fixtures where almost the enitre squad was ineligible for a game.

EDIT: Oh and cheers, I was delighted to give Chelsea a bit of a doing in the league after some of the chasings they've given us. :thup:

I won that gane against Hull City 3-2 with young Dan Davidson scoring the winner and becoming the youngest player in Premier League history to score a goal at 16 years and 170 days :D. The coaches think he has the potential be a good Blue Square North player :p. I had to give debuts to six youngsters who are not going to make it into league football so i was very happy with beating Hull City.

Even the hot prospects i have signed were unavailable for that game as they were on U21 and U19 duty so i hope that doesn't happen again.

dandavidsonregen.jpg

I'm using a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers, Gk, DR, DL, DCR, DCL, MCR, MCL, AMR, AML, STCR, STCRL

The team and player instructions tend to get tweaked each much depending on who we're playing and who's available.

That seems to be the best formation to play on FM11. That or the 4-2-3-1 wide with MCL, MCR, AML, AMC,AMR, STC.

That seems to be the best formation to play on FM11. That or the 4-2-3-1 wide with MCL, MCR, AML, AMC,AMR, STC.

I'm sure some tactical mastermind will come up with some amazing new 4-5-1 formation or something...but I always prefer playing with 2 strikers.

Congrats on making it through that fixture, but there's no way it should have been played.

Looks like my outside chance of Europe is still alive! One more game to go, and Bolton are in 6th.

Pts: 59, GF: 53, GA: 41, GD: 12

We are one place below them on:

Pts: 57, GF: 47, GA: 37, GD: 10

If we win our final game and Bolton lose- we are in Europe.

If Bolton draw, then we need to win 3-0.

If Bolton win then it doesn't matter.

They have Sunderland and I have Wigan (A). Looking back I realise I haven't lost a home game since the start of November!

Looks like my outside chance of Europe is still alive! One more game to go, and Bolton are in 6th.

Fingers crossed for you mate...who are you and Bolton playing last day?

They have Sunderland and I have Wigan (A). Looking back I realise I haven't lost a home game since the start of November!

Good luck mate.

Looking at you and Thirtle's screenshots, I notice that both of you had fixtures on the same day, 18th November 2013....I'll be on the lookout for that date!!!!

I have put it in the bugs forum. But they already have the transfers/player interaction to sort out so i wouldn't hold my breath about them fixing it.

Gonna start my Newcastle save tonight, with the necessary change to Carroll's PA being included.

Got a plan to use a 4-5-1 with two attacking Wingers and an attacking midfielder to back up Andy.

On a sidenote, was out in Newcastle this evening and saw the legend that is Peter Beardsley. Had to refrain from lunging at him for an autograph and telling him amazing he is, thought it would be a bit rude since he was out with someone.

Gonna start my Newcastle save tonight, with the necessary change to Carroll's PA being included.

Got a plan to use a 4-5-1 with two attacking Wingers and an attacking midfielder to back up Andy.

On a sidenote, was out in Newcastle this evening and saw the legend that is Peter Beardsley. Had to refrain from lunging at him for an autograph and telling him amazing he is, thought it would be a bit rude since he was out with someone.

I'm sure he's used to it by now. Legend :thup:

He was the best player i have ever seen in the black & white stripes he was amazing. The Beardsley shuffle put so many defenders on there backside he is a LEGEND :D.

Bolton lost 2-0... I WON 2-0. But Man City made the FA Cup final and take up a EC spot so only the top 5 get into Europe! Absolutely gutted as the revenue would have been great, as would a boost in reputation. But I'm encouraged by our end of year form and hope we can continue with it next seaosn.

Full season report to follow tomorrow.

I see Hulk is still smashing it up for you Col, how many has he bagged now?

He has 9 goals in 18 games with 4 assists this season. The goals are coming from everywhere this season but he is still scoring a goal every two games.

how have people been finding ranger? Does he develop well?

My caches reckon he'll be a 4 star player but his stats are imo are a bit low and to make that grade will need to improve

Having said that he has 8 goals in 8 starts and is my top goalscorer.

He hasn't really developed for me, possibly because I haven't given him enough game time, but he wasn't doing too much in the reserves or out on loan.

least not so far

Has everyone else stuck with Spiderman himself out wide? He's been fantastic for me this season, 8 goals in 18 games from the AML position, scored 10 in each of the last 2 seasons.

I got rid of him when i signed Nani who has been in sensational form since he joined.

He was the best player i have ever seen in the black & white stripes he was amazing. The Beardsley shuffle put so many defenders on there backside he is a LEGEND :D.

He probably was, but I didn't really fancy bugging him when he was out with family.

Regret that now, wish I'd talked to him.

Gained a measure of pay back for our earlier humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich, managed a 2-1 win at SJP. Dzeko and Jonas getting the goals.

They've got a scary looking front line though, still have Ribery, Robben, Mueller and Gomez but they've also added Chinedu Obasi, Alex Teixeira and Dentinho....very worrying when you see them all racing up the pitch on a counter attack.

Gained a measure of pay back for our earlier humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich, managed a 2-1 win at SJP. Dzeko and Jonas getting the goals.

They've got a scary looking front line though, still have Ribery, Robben, Mueller and Gomez but they've also added Chinedu Obasi, Alex Teixeira and Dentinho....very worrying when you see them all racing up the pitch on a counter attack.

There's plenty of pace and power in Bayern's team but you showed them who the boss is the mighty NUFC :).

Lovely, Ashley just got bought out by a local businessman Ken Hodcroft.

His first message to me.....yup you guessed it...'There are no plans to provide the club with any investment at this stage'

Can I sack a Chairman???

Ken Hodcroft is the chairman of Hartlepool United. Has he left them on your game or is it someone else ?

Ken Hodcroft is the chairman of Hartlepool United. Has he left them on your game or is it someone else ?

Just had a look, it's some bloke called Russel Bartlett now...who was behind the earlier attempt to buyout Ashley on my game.

So looks like Hodcroft has indeed moved over.

And just to top off a perfect week our league winning streak came to an end at Old Trafford, 2-0 to Man Utd having won 16 straight games.

Archived